Peanut: Tell everyone you've learned nothing without telling everyone you've learned nothing

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Peanut: Tell everyone you've learned nothing without telling everyone you've learned nothing

Post by Pandarsenic » #640730

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31729
iamgarfield wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:43 am Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
iamgarfield wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:43 am Why you think you should be unbanned: It's been two years I've been banned from practically all ghost roles for acting against an admin's intention for their silly roundend thing. Being banned from so many unrelated roles for this minor slight committed feels difficult to justify.
Anything else we should know: I just want to play this game. Sorry if I did it wrong.
🤔
Last edited by Pandarsenic on Fri May 13, 2022 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
iamgarfield
Byond Username: RRGarfield

Re: Peanut: Tell everyone you've learned nothing without telling everyone you've learned nothing

Post by iamgarfield » #640734

i don't spend all my time reading ban appeals apologies if it's not to your standard
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: Peanut: Tell everyone you've learned nothing without telling everyone you've learned nothing

Post by BONERMASTER » #640766

iamgarfield wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:02 am i don't spend all my time reading ban appeals apologies if it's not to your standard
*poof*

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER & Associates

(DISCLAIMER: ANY REFERENCES TO THE LAW ARE MEANT FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY, BONERMASTER & ASSOCIATES IS NOT A LAW FIRM AND WILL NOT GIVE YOU LEGAL ADVICE, PLEASE CONSULT LICENSED PROFESSIONALS FOR ANY AND ALL LEGAL QUERIES)
Last edited by BONERMASTER on Sat May 21, 2022 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #640788

iamgarfield wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:02 am i don't spend all my time reading ban appeals apologies if it's not to your standard
peanut threads are a tradition

this ban was highkey bullshit though lmao
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #640791

Stop glockroach on glockroach violence
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #640797

Is it so hard to say "sorry"
Alphanerdd
Byond Username: Alphanerdd

Post by Alphanerdd » #640798

I can understand a week/month ghost role ban, since immediately glocking your fellow roaches is kinda shitty, but perma ban from all ghost rolls?

Surely a two year ghost role time out is punishment enough for poor gloackroach conduct

Side note, I'll never understand how some people immediately go ape mode when they get a gimmick role. I've seen it a few times now. You'd think when you spawn in on centcom you'd be on your best behavior, considering there is guaranteed an admin watching you.
semi-regular sybil/terry/manuel background character Josh Hawkins
loathed and hated mime Translucency
professional bad take haver
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #640822

Alphanerdd wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:10 pm I can understand a week/month ghost role ban, since immediately glocking your fellow roaches is kinda shitty, but perma ban from all ghost rolls?

Surely a two year ghost role time out is punishment enough for poor gloackroach conduct

Side note, I'll never understand how some people immediately go ape mode when they get a gimmick role. I've seen it a few times now. You'd think when you spawn in on centcom you'd be on your best behavior, considering there is guaranteed an admin watching you.
The secret is "Perma" means "Until you can be bothered to explain you know what you did wrong" for anything short of a server ban (and even sometimes then)

So if this appeal had just been "yeah sorry, mb, I won't immediately gun down everyone else being used to populate an end-of-round gimmick" it could have been the day after or maybe even the same day, no problem
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #640824

Pandarsenic wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:56 pm The secret is "Perma" means "Until you can be bothered to explain you know what you did wrong" for anything short of a server ban (and even sometimes then)
So if this appeal had just been "yeah sorry, mb, I won't immediately gun down everyone else being used to populate an end-of-round gimmick" it could have been the day after or maybe even the same day, no problem
well that is fucking retarded. I don't want permas to be "debase yourself for all of us the laugh at peasant to rejoin his majesty's realm."
Image Image
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #640828

Boot wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:03 pm
Pandarsenic wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:56 pm The secret is "Perma" means "Until you can be bothered to explain you know what you did wrong" for anything short of a server ban (and even sometimes then)
well that is fucking retarded. I don't want permas to be "debase yourself for all of us the laugh at peasant to rejoin his majesty's realm."
ur really tellin on urself rn
Boot

Post by Boot » #640833

RaveRadbury wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:58 pm ur really tellin on urself rn
The lad has been sitting this ban out for two fucking years the fact that he isn't kneeling hard enough shouldn't even come into consideration.
Image Image
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #640835

Boot wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:04 pm
The lad has been sitting this ban out for two fucking years the fact that he isn't kneeling hard enough shouldn't even come into consideration.
The purpose of a ban is to correct bad behavior or, barring that, to prevent it. If someone's post reeks of "I'll fuckin' do it again!" like this, why should the ban be lifted?
Boot

Post by Boot » #640840

Pandarsenic wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:06 pm The purpose of a ban is to correct bad behavior or, barring that, to prevent it. If someone's post reeks of "I'll fuckin' do it again!" like this, why should the ban be lifted?
Where are you getting this feeling of "I'll fucking do it again!"? Are we reading the same ban appeal? Honestly I don't even think anything he said was rude, just lacking the required humility to kneel at the alter of the adminbus. Its been two since the ban what's his admin history since then? I check the centcom ban list and he's clean on there so he isn't being a menace on other server.

If the goal of bans is to correct bad behavior lets see if the 2 fucking year ban worked. Let him play as an ash ligger and see if he shits the bed again.
Image Image
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #640846

Boot wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:04 pm
Okay, bit of confusion here. I thought your statement was applying to general things, but it seems like you specifically meant to keep it within the context of this note.

My personal opinion: The longer a perma goes without appeal the less effort you should have to put into it unless it was like mega ultra bad. I think that in the context of this specific ban he doesn't really have to say much and time served really says it all.

However when it comes to the concept of "Should people appeal publicly, to what end does that benefit the community" the apology isn't being made towards the staff it's being made to the community at large. The whole reason we have staff in the first place to handle this stuff is that there are people who literally do not play nice and we have to bounce them for the sake of the majority's enjoyment. We've all seen people involved in peanuts with personal grievances against the person appealing, this is a real part of community discourse and healing of public image. Reducing it to a "bow before the king" thing is a lot of oppositional-defiant nonsense, you're not groveling for permission from royalty you're fucking apologizing to your community, the people around you who have had to put up with your bullshit. Sure you can say "but the people have no real control over whether or not the ban is lifted" and if you do want to see some sort of democratic process where the community votes to lift or leave a ban that could have value but the way things are now this is how our system is idk.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #640847

based ban, based ban length, based denial

flawless

shitters that make it impossible to run events without signing an individual contract with every fucking participant are one of the things that have killed the possibility for events on the server

this guy should suck on an o2 tank roundstart
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #640850

Their ticket conduct was terrible, their appeal was meh. 2 years is definitely more than enough, but... They didn't express any admission of fault whatsoever, so I understand the denial.

I think most likely they're just frustrated and thinking, "2 fucking years for glockroach misconduct???" and letting their emotions taint the appeal.
Spoiler:
Boot

Post by Boot » #640851

RaveRadbury wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:25 pm -snip-
I understand where you're coming from here and for the most part I agree, I just don't think that this current ban, or really most bans, ought to warrant an apology to the community. Maybe at most a "hey my bad" to the players effected by this and a "hey I get what I did was against the rules" but that's as far as I'd go. However a reason why I'm getting so crazy about this is because we're see members of this community seeing a lack of this and reading as malice. That is bonkers to me. Now I don't have an admin account to go in and read what the "showed no indication in PMs that he cared about anything other than having his own fun by ruining any event he gets to be a part of" actually means, who knows it could be the craziest thing I've ever read in my entire life. I just don't see what even warranted a peanut thread in the first place.

However as a member of this community I'd like to say to our good friend Garfield that its water under the bridge, don't worry about it lad, we've all done worse and while you are a filthy Terry player best of luck with your appeal.
Image Image
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #640853

Boot wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:49 pmMaybe at most a "hey my bad" to the players effected by this and a "hey I get what I did was against the rules" but that's as far as I'd go.
Log:
17:21:31: Ticket Opened by-thunder12345: So your first assumption on being spawned as a ghost role by an admin is that you should kill everything else in sight?
17:22:22: Reply from-rrgarfield: it was 15 seconds till roundend, i don't get why you're so mad about this
17:24:17: Reply from-thunder12345: Since you can't seem to understand why your actions are a problem, I'm going to give you a ghost role ban until you can convince me that you can be trusted to play them without ruining it for everyone else.
17:25:07: Reply from-rrgarfield: ...For killing the rando centom roles randomly spawned with no instruction?
17:26:09: Reply from-rrgarfield: I dunno about you man but I like to fave fun, if you like to set up mini-events that you're going to become furious at when they don't go exactly to plan then I think you're doing something wrong lad.
17:31:54: Reply from-rrgarfield: Damn you are one salty little child, aren't you?
17:32:14: Resolved by Thunder12345
---- No futher messages ----
This ticket was generated by Statbus v.0.14.0
Why you think you should be unbanned: It's been two years I've been banned from practically all ghost roles for acting against an admin's intention for their silly roundend thing. Being banned from so many unrelated roles for this minor slight committed feels difficult to justify.
Anything else we should know: I just want to play this game. Sorry if I did it wrong.
Tell everyone you've learned nothing without telling everyone you've learned nothing
It's not that hard to make the most basic admission of fault, actually.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #640854

What an absolute tragedy.
Hugs
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #640855

I don't think you should be expected to grovel, or even necessarily say sorry, but you need to atleast admit guilt if you were at fault. And in this case, they were at fault.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #640856

Cowabummer.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #640862

fucked around, found out.
what a stubborn ass. glad I don't play on the same server.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #640894

Refusing to understand that what they did was wrong for 2 years tells a lot about who they are as a gamer. They're not really someone I would trust to have any decency.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #641512

one time i came across a centcom admiral running some gay-ass event in the courtroom with themselves as the centre of attention so i waited for the door to the courtroom proper to open and ran in and pushed them onto a table once (1). this, of course, didn't do anything (they weren't holding anything and which of the cattle would steal from an admin anyway) but people get very upset about it and try to kill you over it anyway

then i noticed it was jack steiner, which was nice

then i went back into the gallery and a couple of big-brained retards tried to kill me over it, which made me feel like a revolutionary and not just somebody who pushed someone else in a fucking video game

i have no idea what this thread is about
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #641525

BONERMASTER wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:38 am
This is for you.

[Deleted image]

With warm regards
im pretty sure it's actually illegal to have the bar association icon there
Last edited by Timberpoes on Sat May 21, 2022 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of link to deleted image.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #641532

iamgoofball wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:25 pm
This is for you.

[Deleted image]

With warm regards
Goof did you really go out of your past to post this
Last edited by Timberpoes on Sat May 21, 2022 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of link to deleted image.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #641540

iamgoofball wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:25 pm
This is for you.

*poof*

With warm regards
This is for you.

With fair regards
-BONERMASTER
Last edited by BONERMASTER on Sat May 21, 2022 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #641541

no like im pretty sure the bar association gets hella mad
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #641556

Well, you know what, you have a point.
I have made disclaimers to specifically tell you, that this is NOT a real law firm, and you should never consult it / me for any legal advice. All I do here, is help people with their ban appeals inside this forum, and this is entirely what this whole law firm gag is in reference of. I have asked the administration to remove the references to the business card image, as I have already deleted all links from my side, just so that there is no room for confusion on what this is supposed to be. Any and all references regarding the law from here on out will have a disclaimer to tell you that this is not a real law firm, so we all understand it is all within the context of the game and this forum, and should never reach outside of it.

I hope this clears up everything, thank you for pointing this out to me, we don't want anyone to confuse this ever, for a real law firm, and this makes it abundantly clear, hopefully!

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #641559

Gwyn forwarded the request and I've snipped out the links from the reply chains. If there's anything I missed, lemme know and I'll rewrite history a little more.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #641568

Boot wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:03 pmwell that is fucking retarded. I don't want permas to be "debase yourself for all of us the laugh at peasant to rejoin his majesty's realm."
It is actually disgusting the way you treat the people on your server like actual children and force-filter people through a backwards-ass "I'm sorry for what I did wrong daddy, please unban me" bureaucratic process that heavily favors your administration and offers no benefits to the players.

Your rules are disgustingly, obsessively strict and arbitrary and your punishments are non-commensurate. You personally attack players and accuse them of being "shitlers" or bigots or any other label you can slap on them to make them look like the undeniable villain of the situation and you the brave hero dealing with incorrigible children making your server a safer place.

You are not some fucking mega-corporation with millions of customers to address, and you're not a one-man lone operation without so much as an intern to answer calls. It wouldn't kill you to treat people like PEOPLE and not just faceless emotionless consumers of a product who, should they disobey the terms of service in even the slightest manner, can't even be considered human at all.

What's even worse is you obsessively get involved in every tiny little scuffle. Just because someone ahelps something doesn't mean it's a major fucking thing that needs to be met with the swiftest and harshest punishment you can think of. Players are, believe it or not, functioning human beings with brains that can solve their own problems if you let them and don't annoyingly reinforce this "come to me if you need help, but don't you fucking dare EVER try to solve your own problems" environment. You can't even fucking handle the workload you are creating for yourselves by doing this and are banning people left and right for minor infractions and giving major long-term bans for things that could be handled IC or didn't even truly inconvenience anyone for more than a span of a few fucking minutes.

Asking -- no, DEMANDING -- every single player to memorize your incredibly obtuse rules and process before even so much as touching your server is unfair and ridiculous. The only rules a typical player needs to abide by is the golden rule of "don't be a dick," and STRICTLY enforcing rules beyond that is just spiteful. You create an environment where every single player is effectively held hostage by your rules and every single round will inevitably end with admins and players bickering over rulings on arbitrary shit that doesn't matter and didn't fucking hurt anyone to begin with. Players have to constantly ask for rulings and subrulings before acting on anything. Anything can be stretched and considered "griefing," anything can be considered a bannable offense, and everyone is walking on incredibly thin ice at all times because everyone knows not only that the admins are geared up to punish the players but that the other players are ready and willing to abuse this in order to ruin someone else's day.

Something doesn't go your way? Someone robusts you? Sec imprisons you for pushing a mime? Want to get back at them? Don't solve it IC, go bitch to daddy admin and get them forcibly removed from the server for inconveniencing you. If you want to take your frustrations out on some random fuck, just ahelp it and you are GUARAN-FUCKIN-TEED to get a guardian angel that will undeniably punish the player that wronged you and you get a fucking pat on the head for using the bullshit system that encourages this toxic childish environment of "I'll tell mom on you!" that so many people find disgusting.

But even if your rules WERE perfect (they're not) and your admins WERE infallible (they're not) and your ban appeal system WAS fair and just to the player (it's not), you still have a discord environment where players are encouraged to tell you to fuck off, git gud, and ahelp it or possibly even to kill yourself for being a griefer and a server environment where people behave like insipid territorial animals.

And while I'm fucking at it, your "no bigotry" rule is absolute bullshit. I have people telling me I'm a piece of shit that should kill myself, I get a fucking asshole that beats me nearly to death and calls me a "stupid bitch" because I called a shuttle on lavaland without realizing they were heading for it on the station and I get people who will incessantly refer to me as a "furry" -- I'm fucking not, and even if I were that's still a bigoted slur which breaks your fucking "bigotry" rule. But that rule isn't there to prevent bigotry or make players feel welcome or create a community of helpful and polite individuals, no. It's just there so you can arbitrarily make snap decisions on people based on what language they use, and if they dare to speak a word that you consider """bigoted""" regardless of the context or intent then that's an on-the-spot ban to save you time and trouble because "they were probably a dumb edgelord anyway."

This whole experience from the very beginning has made me feel like a helpless child, with players that griefed me and admins that insulted me every goddamn step of the way. I try to talk one-to-one with the admin about the issue and I'm told "fuck you, use the form." I don't even get a chance to talk to the person I "griefed," and I don't even know if they give a shit about this any more. I don't know who it was and I don't care and I doubt they care as much as you do.

I don't act aggressively purely out of malice or spite, I act aggressively when people act aggressively towards ME, and your playerbase does just that. It's not uncommon for someone to allcaps "GET THE FUCK OUT" if you are in a department you don't have ID for regardless of your reason for being there, and being aggressively grabbed and tabled is par for the fucking course. Your playerbase told me that aggression was the way to be a part of the server, and so when someone aggressed towards me by stealing something that was mine I aggressed back.

This would have been a minor issue at most, just a tiny nothing of a hiccup that nobody would have to pay any attention to if only you treated your players with respect and dignity, but you do not. And that's what hurts the most.

There are some genuinely nice people on the server and I don't want to say everyone is bad, but the environment is incredibly toxic at times and the admins promote that. The amount of disrespect and disregard and complete and utter lack of empathy across the board is astonishing. None of you want to offer even a second of your time to consider that I'm a human being with feelings that can make mistakes, nobody even thought to consider that maybe it was just a rare, honest, emotionally-driven mistake.

You treated me like garbage. You still treat me like garbage. You treat me like I'm not a person, just another number to file under the "lol ban this f*****" folder. You treat me as though every mistake I make is intentionally malicious and that I'm trying to go out of my way to ruin other peoples experiences, but from my end the only malicious ones are you. Admins who treat me like a naughty child and not a human being that can -- IF YOU FUCKING CARED TO TRY -- be reasoned with.

This whole ordeal is just disgusting.
► Show Spoiler
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #641585

Farquaar wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:35 pm i got told not to call someone the n-word for the first time in my life and it made me feel bad :(
cope, seethe, and mald
Boot

Post by Boot » #641589

Farquaar wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:35 pm -snip-
no u
Image Image
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #641591

iamgoofball wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:57 pm
Farquaar wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:35 pm
It is actually disgusting the way you treat the people on your server like actual children and force-filter people through a backwards-ass "I'm sorry for what I did wrong daddy, please unban me" bureaucratic process that heavily favors your administration and offers no benefits to the players.

Your rules are disgustingly, obsessively strict and arbitrary and your punishments are non-commensurate. You personally attack players and accuse them of being "shitlers" or bigots or any other label you can slap on them to make them look like the undeniable villain of the situation and you the brave hero dealing with incorrigible children making your server a safer place.

You are not some fucking mega-corporation with millions of customers to address, and you're not a one-man lone operation without so much as an intern to answer calls. It wouldn't kill you to treat people like PEOPLE and not just faceless emotionless consumers of a product who, should they disobey the terms of service in even the slightest manner, can't even be considered human at all.

What's even worse is you obsessively get involved in every tiny little scuffle. Just because someone ahelps something doesn't mean it's a major fucking thing that needs to be met with the swiftest and harshest punishment you can think of. Players are, believe it or not, functioning human beings with brains that can solve their own problems if you let them and don't annoyingly reinforce this "come to me if you need help, but don't you fucking dare EVER try to solve your own problems" environment. You can't even fucking handle the workload you are creating for yourselves by doing this and are banning people left and right for minor infractions and giving major long-term bans for things that could be handled IC or didn't even truly inconvenience anyone for more than a span of a few fucking minutes.

Asking -- no, DEMANDING -- every single player to memorize your incredibly obtuse rules and process before even so much as touching your server is unfair and ridiculous. The only rules a typical player needs to abide by is the golden rule of "don't be a dick," and STRICTLY enforcing rules beyond that is just spiteful. You create an environment where every single player is effectively held hostage by your rules and every single round will inevitably end with admins and players bickering over rulings on arbitrary shit that doesn't matter and didn't fucking hurt anyone to begin with. Players have to constantly ask for rulings and subrulings before acting on anything. Anything can be stretched and considered "griefing," anything can be considered a bannable offense, and everyone is walking on incredibly thin ice at all times because everyone knows not only that the admins are geared up to punish the players but that the other players are ready and willing to abuse this in order to ruin someone else's day.

Something doesn't go your way? Someone robusts you? Sec imprisons you for pushing a mime? Want to get back at them? Don't solve it IC, go bitch to daddy admin and get them forcibly removed from the server for inconveniencing you. If you want to take your frustrations out on some random fuck, just ahelp it and you are GUARAN-FUCKIN-TEED to get a guardian angel that will undeniably punish the player that wronged you and you get a fucking pat on the head for using the bullshit system that encourages this toxic childish environment of "I'll tell mom on you!" that so many people find disgusting.

But even if your rules WERE perfect (they're not) and your admins WERE infallible (they're not) and your ban appeal system WAS fair and just to the player (it's not), you still have a discord environment where players are encouraged to tell you to fuck off, git gud, and ahelp it or possibly even to kill yourself for being a griefer and a server environment where people behave like insipid territorial animals.

And while I'm fucking at it, your "no bigotry" rule is absolute bullshit. I have people telling me I'm a piece of shit that should kill myself, I get a fucking asshole that beats me nearly to death and calls me a "stupid bitch" because I called a shuttle on lavaland without realizing they were heading for it on the station and I get people who will incessantly refer to me as a "furry" -- I'm fucking not, and even if I were that's still a bigoted slur which breaks your fucking "bigotry" rule. But that rule isn't there to prevent bigotry or make players feel welcome or create a community of helpful and polite individuals, no. It's just there so you can arbitrarily make snap decisions on people based on what language they use, and if they dare to speak a word that you consider """bigoted""" regardless of the context or intent then that's an on-the-spot ban to save you time and trouble because "they were probably a dumb edgelord anyway."

This whole experience from the very beginning has made me feel like a helpless child, with players that griefed me and admins that insulted me every goddamn step of the way. I try to talk one-to-one with the admin about the issue and I'm told "fuck you, use the form." I don't even get a chance to talk to the person I "griefed," and I don't even know if they give a shit about this any more. I don't know who it was and I don't care and I doubt they care as much as you do.

I don't act aggressively purely out of malice or spite, I act aggressively when people act aggressively towards ME, and your playerbase does just that. It's not uncommon for someone to allcaps "GET THE FUCK OUT" if you are in a department you don't have ID for regardless of your reason for being there, and being aggressively grabbed and tabled is par for the fucking course. Your playerbase told me that aggression was the way to be a part of the server, and so when someone aggressed towards me by stealing something that was mine I aggressed back.

This would have been a minor issue at most, just a tiny nothing of a hiccup that nobody would have to pay any attention to if only you treated your players with respect and dignity, but you do not. And that's what hurts the most.

There are some genuinely nice people on the server and I don't want to say everyone is bad, but the environment is incredibly toxic at times and the admins promote that. The amount of disrespect and disregard and complete and utter lack of empathy across the board is astonishing. None of you want to offer even a second of your time to consider that I'm a human being with feelings that can make mistakes, nobody even thought to consider that maybe it was just a rare, honest, emotionally-driven mistake.

You treated me like garbage. You still treat me like garbage. You treat me like I'm not a person, just another number to file under the "lol ban this f*****" folder. You treat me as though every mistake I make is intentionally malicious and that I'm trying to go out of my way to ruin other peoples experiences, but from my end the only malicious ones are you. Admins who treat me like a naughty child and not a human being that can -- IF YOU FUCKING CARED TO TRY -- be reasoned with.

This whole ordeal is just disgusting.
cope, seethe, and mald
I don't know how to self-advocate. I'm socially retarded. I don't know what to do and I feel like I'm up against a wall, and I feel like I can't recover from this no matter what. This is essentially a permaban to me. Even if it gets lifted, I know people will know it's me and grudge me... and admins will grudge me too.

I'm bad at talking.

I'm not intentionally a bad person. I don't want to hurt people.

I don't know what to do. I've tried joining other servers but I don't fit in those either. I just would like to play this game.
Boot wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:28 pm no u
► Show Spoiler