Peanut: Axe me no questions and I'll tell you no lies

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Peanut: Axe me no questions and I'll tell you no lies

Post by Pandarsenic » #640746

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31728
thomanthewise5404 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:26 am Ban reason: Was attacked by an engineer with a fire axe twice wordlessly for breaking into tech storage. They took the axe from the engineer, killed them with it and spaced them. Next time follow escalation rules and take them to medical when you defeat them, if they were to attack again after that point and you win, then you get to space them at that point.

Your side of the story: A guy walked up to me and started stabbing me with a fireaxe. i left. then, later, he came back and started fireaxing again. so i killed him then i threw him out an airlock. then i got noted.(he did not say a single word to me during this entire interaction)

Why you think you should be unbanned: the dude tried to murder me on two occasions, round removal is justified. dude took the fireaxe from atmos roundstart and then ran around looking for valids, then he got owned
Non-antags acting like an antag can be treated as an antag.
If I wanted to remain in the round, I would simply not go looking for trouble with the most dangerous non-baton melee weapon on the station and then lose anyway.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: Peanut: Axe me no questions and I'll tell you no lies

Post by Shadowflame909 » #640748

if your breaking in anywhere. Dont respond in kind with lethal weapons, without at least trying to explain yourself! your the aggressor!
► Show Spoiler
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #640751

Shadowflame909 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:04 am if your breaking in anywhere. Dont respond in kind with lethal weapons, without at least trying to explain yourself! your the aggressor!
i had no idea if he was even attacking me because of the tech storage break-in, he didnt use his words. also tech storage is not his department and breaking into it is not instigating a conflict, the literal whole purpose of the room is to store things for people to go and grab when they need it
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #640753

how many appeals can one man make in one month? i think thomas is trying to set a record here.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #640754

this is something that can only be solved with logs and timing
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #640757

rules say you have to revive them, they say nothing about keeping limbs as trophies
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #640759

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:58 am rules say you have to revive them, they say nothing about keeping limbs as trophies
Okay but consider:

If you wordlessly come at someone with an axe without an obvious reason from the very start, whatever you get is fair game
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #640763

thomanthewise5404 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:16 am i had no idea if he was even attacking me because of the tech storage break-in, he didnt use his words. also tech storage is not his department and breaking into it is not instigating a conflict, the literal whole purpose of the room is to store things for people to go and grab when they need it
I think you're in the right in this situation judging by the info we have, but it's bad form to post in your own peanut. Shoo!
► Show Spoiler
toemas

Post by toemas » #640765

Farquaar wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:07 am
thomanthewise5404 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:16 am i had no idea if he was even attacking me because of the tech storage break-in, he didnt use his words. also tech storage is not his department and breaking into it is not instigating a conflict, the literal whole purpose of the room is to store things for people to go and grab when they need it
I think you're in the right in this situation judging by the info we have, but it's bad form to post in your own peanut. Shoo!
r u making this up? can anyone confirm
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #640768

Pandarsenic wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:29 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:58 am rules say you have to revive them, they say nothing about keeping limbs as trophies
Okay but consider:

If you wordlessly come at someone with an axe without an obvious reason from the very start, whatever you get is fair game
oh I agree, i'm just saying there are alternatives to spacing and reviving
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #640783

I've actually said this before, but the expectation to drag some idiot that tried to kill you to medbay is insane. Current escalation policy forces the unnatural behavior of sheepishly dragging someone you were likely forced to kill to medbay (no one does this) and just waiting for him to gear up and killbait you again properly (they always come back with a batong, always). It's probably the most spectrum-ey policy we have. No human would do this.

If someone has forced me to kill them I am not going to help them. Especially not going to bother dragging them to medical. I killed them for a reason.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #640787

thomanthewise5404 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:36 am
Farquaar wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:07 am
r u making this up? can anyone confirm
Don't post in your own peanut if you can help it.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #640799

its not a rule, soulless forum people with no lives will just think you're self-obsessed.

I wonder why the engineer felt the need to steal (Engineers dont have access to the atmos tech cabinet im pretty sure) the most deadly crew-available weapon on station to what, see off a petty thief in a storage area?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #640807

This pretty much sums up why I dislike the new escalation rules.

Not to mention the person who attacked them broke escalation rules themselves. Randomly attacking someone with a fireaxe for a tech storage break-in. If they weren’t an engineer that in itself is improper escalation. And even if they were an engineer, randomly attacking them a second time unprompted, after Phillip had already vacated tech storage, is definitely bad escalation.

But the escalation rules are sort of messed up and require you to bring the person that’s actively attempting to murder you to medbay. I could see an argument made against RR’ing them and spacing, but requiring them to bring the person to medbay or brig or anywhere is way over-the-top. Think about it from a roleplay perspective. Some dude just tried to cut your head off twice, clearly with the intent to kill (and by extension probably decap). After you beat him you’re expected to bring the guy who wants you dead to med? What if they were a traitor who had you as a target?
Spoiler:
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #640811

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:22 pm This pretty much sums up why I dislike the new escalation rules.

Not to mention the person who attacked them broke escalation rules themselves. Randomly attacking someone with a fireaxe for a tech storage break-in. If they weren’t an engineer that in itself is improper escalation. And even if they were an engineer, randomly attacking them a second time unprompted, after Phillip had already vacated tech storage, is definitely bad escalation.

But the escalation rules are sort of messed up and require you to bring the person that’s actively attempting to murder you to medbay. I could see an argument made against RR’ing them and spacing, but requiring them to bring the person to medbay or brig or anywhere is way over-the-top. Think about it from a roleplay perspective. Some dude just tried to cut your head off twice, clearly with the intent to kill (and by extension probably decap). After you beat him you’re expected to bring the guy who wants you dead to med? What if they were a traitor who had you as a target?
Well put. Escalation ending at revival is kinda dumb as well.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
jortsandshirts
Byond Username: Jortymorty

Post by jortsandshirts » #640818

Hauling some dork you bulldozed to medbay is the best part of this escalation stuff. It's the walk of shame, their shame. It's your time to shine as you do all the surgery to bring them back yourself. Implant their ID in their chest and remove their tongue. Do they got some gear you want? It's yours now.

To the victor goes the spoils and if they decide to be a rude nerd because it's YOU trying to fix them so they go DNR then you get to haul that body to flavourtown and help the chef cook up some Dorkburgs. If they retaliate after they get revived then that's ahelpable as the fights over but I rather it be turned into a cat and mouse game without admins stepping in however stilla bwoink especially for anything like the implant in chest, tongue or jacking their glubs. That's all stuff that's ghost knowledge. Keeping people out of the round is lame, floor dragging your opponent to Medbay and giving them a glasstableotomy while explaining what they did to the bemused medical staff is well worth the price of admission.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #640834

I'm going to editorialize about the logs here what I had to not say in the thread

1) Phillip was a Thief!!
2) Joey spawns in, lies about protecting the axe, then 24 seconds after taking the axe wordlessly engages Phillip, never speaking again for the rest of the round.
3) Phillip flees to get medical attention, gets flashed by Joey, who has now stolen a second weapon to validhunt... and then Joey STILL somehow gets clowned on.
4) The admin later removes his antag status? What's going on there?

Logs:
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #640863

Pandarsenic wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:05 pm
4) The admin later removes his antag status? What's going on there?

Logs:
► Show Spoiler
whatthefuck.png
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
jortsandshirts
Byond Username: Jortymorty

Post by jortsandshirts » #640870

12:24:56 ADMIN That Engineer/(John Barren) checked the individual player panel for Realthoman_/(Phillip Thomas).
12:25:00 ADMIN That Engineer/(John Barren) checked the individual player panel for Realthoman_/(Phillip Thomas).
12:26:08 ADMIN That Engineer/(John Barren) has removed �Thief antagonist status from Realthoman_/(Phillip Thomas).

Why?
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #640875

Pandarsenic wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:05 pm 4) The admin later removes his antag status? What's going on there?
Are the legends true? Will we get a third deadmining in a month? What does this herald? Is Phillip really this power? I'm getting spooked that soon enough not even an elance will be able to stop him.
Image Image
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #640876

Honestly I'd prefer if there's a good explanation for it and it's not some sketchy fuckery.
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #640877

If Phillip had an issue with his Thief status being removed, he would have mentioned it in the appeal or in an admin complaint. As it is now you guys are wickedly over thinking it.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #640878

Probably. But it's funny to talk about conspiracies

The admins realize how overplayed and ban baity the thief antag is so they remove it before anyone complains and gets it removed ala swarmers

Maintainer Headmins will make thief a success by force if they have too!!!!!!
► Show Spoiler
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #640880

AwkwardStereo wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:26 am If Phillip had an issue with his Thief status being removed, he would have mentioned it in the appeal or in an admin complaint. As it is now you guys are wickedly over thinking it.
Almost certainly. It's just weird to see.
toemas

Post by toemas » #640881

i rolled thief and asked the admin to remove it because i didnt feel like playing it, its unrelated to the ticket
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #640886

thomanthewise5404 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:58 am i rolled thief and asked the admin to remove it because i didnt feel like playing it, its unrelated to the ticket
i can't believe ur part of the conspiracy

what did they pay u
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #640888

>get assaulted by a maniac with an axe in a style only antags are allowed to do (no escalation unga bunga murderbone)
>Treat the other player as an antag due to them acting exactly like one
>Get a note for responding to valid behavior by validing the aggressor
Yeah the logs make it very fucking clear that this Joey asshole was self antagging, metagrudging and ick ocking in his pursuit of making spessman horizontal.
Thomas literally did nothing wrong here and the other dude should eat a ban for the cringe he made me read through.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #640904

What, you don't like hearing people talk about rounds IC?
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #640905

Getting fire-axed and then having an appeals thread is now the Thoman Special