Ohhhh godd im validhooooonting

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Ohhhh godd im validhooooonting

Post by blackdav123 » #640868

why kill antag early when antag not do anything evil yet

drawing heretic rune isnt worth beheading over cmon guys

we are in a utopia for greenshifts because every antag getsgibbed the instant they are caught with a scary item
Weston Echard on Sybil
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Re: Ohhhh godd im validhooooonting

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #640871

Antagonists should be treated almost exclusively with fear and hatred (not nessicarly with immediate violence, although that's a reasonable recourse) when they are discovered, because they are the bad guys.

If you exposed yourself as an antagonist to everyone out in the open, and you want to avoid getting attacked by a mob, don't expose yourself to everyone. If its just one guy who discovers your hideout in maint, you should use your increased combat capabilities as an antagonist to take them down, or shut them up some other way (bribery, threatening, kidnapping, converting.)

Covering up evil acts is a part of the antagonists gameplay loop.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #640872

yeah desworders getting bludgeoned to death by everyone in the room is natural but I wish we were more MRP when it comes to situations where someone is trying to figure out whether someone is an antag or not. do we really need to check the shoes for hidden weapons? check for implants? I watched a clown get murdered for being a "heretic" and he was unable to fight back and did not use any abilities as he was shotgunned and beat to death by a shaft miner larping as sec. the detective decided to drag his corpse to med and had his heart replaced to ensure he wasnt a heretic.

I think my point is that the game would be more fun if people tried to do escalation with antags as they do with nonantags. You wouldnt shove someone to the floor and beat them to death with a toolbox if they are hacking into tool storage, so why should you do so if you see them use an airlock card on it? Because they are the bad guy? When the traitor whips out their esword to try and take you out as a witness, that should be your green light to beat them to death however you see fit.
Weston Echard on Sybil
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #640873

There is some truth to that, wordlessly attacking an antagonist who is not immediately aggressive is a waste of a opportunity to roleplay.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #640874

Antags being weakened and progression based work best with progression based sec. If an antag is being cooperative after getting caught and you still execute them or borg them. That's very lame for the round
► Show Spoiler
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #640903

between the ddosing/the random namers speedrunning extended as sec/virus rounds yes it's getting very tiring
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #640907

Never been a fan of friendly antags. If you want to have a jolly time, you can just sign up as a regular crewmember, right? I mean, we could go indepth about the philosophical blabla of the antagonist's role in a story, but fact is, you're important for the action! If you're not playing your part, you're squandering your chance to be the driving force behind a great story.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #640908

If I end an antag early I'll be bored for the round.

If I do if they are friendly I'll be bored for the round.

If I do if they are aggressive I'll be bored for the round.

If I take steps to remove as many of their opportunities for them as I can I'll be bored for the round.

If I do because of meta knowledge I'll be bored for the round.

I do because they are being obvious I'll be bored for the round.

Antags make anything outside of the usual department specific gains happen, I don't care how they do it, if they throw a wrench in things, add a dynamic I wouldn't expect, just any kind of conflict that detracts from 'your department gets increasingly powerful for an hour then the shuttle gets called when everyone is bored' and I'm satisfied.

Why would I kill off my source of premium entertainment as sec?

Instant gratification? Smh
Hugs
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #640920

BONERMASTER wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:48 pm Never been a fan of friendly antags. If you want to have a jolly time, you can just sign up as a regular crewmember, right? I mean, we could go indepth about the philosophical blabla of the antagonist's role in a story, but fact is, you're important for the action! If you're not playing your part, you're squandering your chance to be the driving force behind a great story.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
i rolled space dragon a couple nights ago and told all my carps to kill the nuke ops but leave crew alone

With slightly warmer regards,
Kendrickorium
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #640921

Misdoubtful wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:29 pm If I end an antag early I'll be bored for the round.

If I do if they are friendly I'll be bored for the round.

If I do if they are aggressive I'll be bored for the round.

If I take steps to remove as many of their opportunities for them as I can I'll be bored for the round.

If I do because of meta knowledge I'll be bored for the round.

I do because they are being obvious I'll be bored for the round.

Antags make anything outside of the usual department specific gains happen, I don't care how they do it, if they throw a wrench in things, add a dynamic I wouldn't expect, just any kind of conflict that detracts from 'your department gets increasingly powerful for an hour then the shuttle gets called when everyone is bored' and I'm satisfied.

Why would I kill off my source of premium entertainment as sec?

Instant gratification? Smh
this, so hard. I realized a long time ago that as captain on a space station in a story based 8bit pixel game, it's MUCH more fun to let antags antag rather than use every tool at my disposal to shut them down as fast as I can.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #640927

blackdav123 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:55 am why kill antag early when antag not do anything evil yet

drawing heretic rune isnt worth beheading over cmon guys

we are in a utopia for greenshifts because every antag getsgibbed the instant they are caught with a scary item
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT2k1Qp9EyU
Living God

Extraordinary Person

BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #640935

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:17 am
BONERMASTER wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:48 pm Never been a fan of friendly antags. If you want to have a jolly time, you can just sign up as a regular crewmember, right? I mean, we could go indepth about the philosophical blabla of the antagonist's role in a story, but fact is, you're important for the action! If you're not playing your part, you're squandering your chance to be the driving force behind a great story.

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
i rolled space dragon a couple nights ago and told all my carps to kill the nuke ops but leave crew alone

Kendrickorium
Guess my opinion is invalid now!!!

With somewhat heated regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #641115

BONERMASTER wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:59 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:17 am

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER

Kendrickorium
Guess my opinion is invalid now!!!

With somewhat heated regards
-BONERMASTER
I was just relating a story about how being wrong can be fun!!

With embered coals
-Kendrickorium