Cult is so nerfed by bugs ..it almost feels intentional.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Cult is so nerfed by bugs ..it almost feels intentional.

Post by Shadowflame909 » #641283

What makes a cult dangerous? Is it their weapons? Their armor? Maybe its their wincon!

Yes it's all those things. But most importantly, its their tenacity. If you let even a single cultist escape, they can come back like an infestation.

Well..it used to be that way. But recently one of their most powerful tools is so disfunctional it's kind of sad.

I'm talking about the soulstone. This fearsome device allows ghosts to come back into the round as an endless army for the cult! Albeit not with the full functionality of a humanoid soldier. But still you can't beat a re-growing army. It's why out of control blobs, spiders, kudzu, xenomorphs are so fearsome!

So this brings me to my point. Whats up with the soul stone?

The first issue is that they don't always bring a sacrificed person into it. If you kill a person and try to put them on the offer rune. They should get shaded and added as a cult member, which you could then make into an artificer, wraith, or juggernaut. Now if you kill a person and put them on the offer rune, you just get an empty soul stone. Sometimes they'll be shaded, mainly if they're the cults sacrifice target. But now cult is just getting a bunch of empty soul-stones and round removing people instead of converting. Weird!!!

The second issue, which is the worst one... Is now you can no longer soul-stone dead soulless mobs. Ala morgue bodies, dead humanized monkeys, or dead legions. If you dare use a shade on them, it'll be rejected and you'll get a giant red text telling you that their body belongs to nar'sie. Upon getting the 3 cultists needed to offer rune them, it grants you... another empty soul-stone. Now you have two soul-stones and no use for either of them. Pah!!!

The era of cult has died down...and it is bugs to blame!! Bugs are preventing us from seeing constructs in their full glory. It is up to wizard cult to do its task.

Just thought I'd make this thread because the last cult nerf was 4 months ago, and seeing these bugs come up have left me coping.
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Cult is so nerfed by bugs ..it almost feels intentional.

Post by wesoda25 » #641285

what the hell do mosquitos and beetles have to do with cult??
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #641287

The nanotransen bees are making the narsian soul stones inert!!!!! It's a conspiracy
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #641289

Suffer
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #641304

A bug report for this was posted only three days ago. There is no conspiracy about leaving cult a bug-riddled mess. That's just a consequence of cult not being developed and actively maintained and there is no interest from anyone to do so. You cannot force people to fix it.