this is a bad pr

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

this is a bad pr

Post by cacogen » #641506

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/67156

the last thing the game needs is more pointless tedium, particularly as a reference to another game where said debuff is considered excessive and nonsensical
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: this is a bad pr

Post by Shadowflame909 » #641509

Things I like about it: Crewmembers now have to take a break in a sectioned off part of the room which allows for easy stealth kills.

Things I don't like about it: That part of the game isnt really fun, and it doesnt involve any RP. It's most like one of the many timed actions on this game. Boring!!
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #641521

goof pr bad? no shit moron
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #641522

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:20 pm goof pr bad? no shit moron
no, they're not all bad. just the kneejerk balance changes he seems to do to rile people up and get attention, which seems to be most of them nowadays
jortsandshirts
Byond Username: Jortymorty

Post by jortsandshirts » #641523

People pay attention to their moods, what.
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #641524

maxed mood keeps you fast and makes you drop into crit at 120 damage instead of 100 its worth powergaming mood
Weston Echard on Sybil
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #641526

cacogen wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:48 pm
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:20 pm goof pr bad? no shit moron
no, they're not all bad. just the kneejerk balance changes he seems to do to rile people up and get attention, which seems to be most of them nowadays
yes they are
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #641530

None of the actual RP servers have ever implemented something like this, because they understand that RP comes from the communities efforts, and not through forcing them to via mechanics.
Hugs
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #641531

Goof is quite the believer in forcing things to work 'correctly' through game mechanics, rather than through administrative action or community culture
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #641534

someone should vore goof
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #641535

Bawhoppennn wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 2:10 am Goof is quite the believer in forcing things to work 'correctly' through game mechanics, rather than through administrative action or community culture
I gave a desperate plea for him to actually think about the consequences of what he tries to do, but I don't think it'll work.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #641536

Every time I go to look at the PR it has a new feature. I am pretty sure if we wait long enough, this PR will eventually become an entirely new game and possibly attain sentience.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #641537

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:48 am
Bawhoppennn wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 2:10 am Goof is quite the believer in forcing things to work 'correctly' through game mechanics, rather than through administrative action or community culture
I gave a desperate plea for him to actually think about the consequences of what he tries to do, but I don't think it'll work.
Your wisdom made me realize, chef and botanist are some of the first victims of "Interdepartmental cooperation" design
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #641538

Pandarsenic wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:31 am
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:48 am
Your wisdom made me realize, chef and botanist are some of the first victims of "Interdepartmental cooperation" design
I play Chef, bartender and Botanist regularly so I am well aware of the flaws of this. It's nice when it works. Having that awesome dynamic with the chef as a Botanist (or vice versa) is awesome. But there're a lot of people who just...don't want to do anything other than their thing. Deep fried garbage/burgers/HUMAN FLESH GIMMICK for chefs, MUH DRUGS for Botany. It's easier for Botany to cover for a lack of chefs by just growing fruit and the like (though sadly we can't help lizards too easily...maybe Meatwheat, actually, or the productions of monkeys), but for chefs? Shit's rough if you can't get any ingredients, the ingredient console costs so much.

Bartender just cries if Botany doesn't want to work with them because there's nothing they can do about it except tell people they can't make the drink they want because no ingredients.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #641543

Just like how the changes made to power creates reliance on the engineering team being competent and not dead or antagonists. This creates reliance on the chef not being dead or an antag. Easy source of murderboning if you just poison all the food. Especially so since all other sources are now neutered (like that pr that removed all the donk pockets and donut boxes to create reliance on the chef) or completely nerfed into uselessness (vending machines)

Why the heck is there so much dependency on what is most likely literal antags who seek out to kill you? Design error anyone?
► Show Spoiler
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #641547

if goofball likes jerking off in the bar so much then he should go away to his furry server instead of shitting out these garbage prs
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #641560

The funniest part of this PR is that the significant mood debuffs for eating without utensils/outside a dining room/while standing up/etc is silly in a video game, yet are factors massively important on your IRL psychological health, even if though I suspect that the majority of the people who play this game may pay little heed to that.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #641566

I can't wait to get a mood debuff for eating a slice of pizza without a fork.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #641567

Tearling wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:19 pm I can't wait to get a mood debuff for eating a slice of pizza without a fork.
https://youtu.be/pWFYBOgCl-Y
► Show Spoiler
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #641569

I like what that one guy said I'm going to bomb kitchen to destroy everyone's mood
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #641573

Bawhoppennn wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:38 am The funniest part of this PR is that the significant mood debuffs for eating without utensils/outside a dining room/while standing up/etc is silly in a video game, yet are factors massively important on your IRL psychological health, even if though I suspect that the majority of the people who play this game may pay little heed to that.
you know i've eaten cold spaghetti straight out of a pot with my hands while standing in the kitchen naked at 3 am and i didnt want to kill myself then but seeing goofball being allowed on the github got me eying the eject button
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #641576

> Go kitchen
> Eat hotdog with bare hands
> Psychologist call Security on me
> Involuntarily committed
> Lunch time in asylum
> It's spaghetti
> No utensils because of suicide risk
> When will this cycle end?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #641607

If you don't want chefs to mainline burgers, try making other food recipies as simple, easy, and as much tactile fun to produce with all those onscreen steps
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #641626

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 2:11 pm
Bawhoppennn wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:38 am The funniest part of this PR is that the significant mood debuffs for eating without utensils/outside a dining room/while standing up/etc is silly in a video game, yet are factors massively important on your IRL psychological health, even if though I suspect that the majority of the people who play this game may pay little heed to that.
you know i've eaten cold spaghetti straight out of a pot with my hands while standing in the kitchen naked at 3 am and i didnt want to kill myself then but seeing goofball being allowed on the github got me eying the eject button
Oh my lord, Craggg

gulakki
Byond Username: Gulakki

Post by gulakki » #641635

same because why not, im the king of my realm. my house, ill eat spaghetti with my hands if i want to and nobody can stop me
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #641750

okay after playing with this testmerged for a bit I have come to the conclusion that getting 4 mood buffs for eating food in the only place it is ever at is kinda broken and awesome and im permanently at max sanity thanks goof
Weston Echard on Sybil
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #641767

blackdav123 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:42 pm okay after playing with this testmerged for a bit I have come to the conclusion that getting 4 mood buffs for eating food in the only place it is ever at is kinda broken and awesome and im permanently at max sanity thanks goof
I love life
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #641810

gulakki wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:52 am
same because why not, im the king of my realm. my house, ill eat spaghetti with my hands if i want to and nobody can stop me
Ok I think the point I'm making here, is just because you can, doesn't mean you should. There's a reason for like all of human history, people have eaten together in specific dining settings... it makes you feel like less of a NEET, for lack of a better term.

CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #641850

Bawhoppennn wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:52 pm
gulakki wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:52 am
Ok I think the point I'm making here, is just because you can, doesn't mean you should. There's a reason for like all of human history, people have eaten together in specific dining settings... it makes you feel like less of a NEET, for lack of a better term.
Why would I deny what I am?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #641919

It's way healthier not to live like a NEET even if you are one
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #641923

This thread making me feel this rn