what the ddoser is up to

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

what the ddoser is up to

Post by sinfulbliss » #641601

so the ddoser of TG has been chilling around on a discord. i asked him "why ddos tg," to which he replied in bleeding edge, "phase 1." also he apparently "completed his goals." what goal does a ddos have other than the obvious? well..

shortly after the ddos, as MSO said, a $500/mo donor pulled out of the TG patreon. they mentioned it was because "LRP is being phased out and punished by headmins/headcoders, pushing the game in a direction no one wants and I cannot support that anymore." i reckon they're moving to merchantstation now.

before merchant station TG was pretty much the only show in town for LRP with any significant pop. 66% of our playerbase is LRP so obviously that is an important and valuable asset to the community.
merchant now gets very impressive numbers, around 50 on peak hours and is often eclipsing terry on the EU server. part of this was the livrah shoutout, part of it the TG ddos, and part of it their lax ruleset and inclusion of mechanics that were controversially removed on TG (as well as not-so-controversial removals like ERP and rule 11 stuff).

i have played merchant myself and I have to say their code is fun, to the point I wonder if all the removals and balance changes coders made were good ideas or not. the roleplay is heavily stifled and marred, though, by the racism (not because i can't stand hearing bad words but because the AI is bolting in fuckin lizard janitors and people are RRing people in maint for being "assistant n-words" and joking about raping them).

anywho. credit where credit is due. personally I will always love TG's community - the admin team is stellar compared to other servers, the coderbus is clearly also doing something right if 50%+ of all ss13 servers are downstreams. but over 65% of the patreon is a hefty fuckin number and this combined with the ddos at least warrants a discussion since it seems like a big deal from an onlooker's point of view.

tl;dr: $500/mo donator expresses discontent with direction of TG's LRP, leaves for another LRP server while ddoser hits TG clearly for reasons other than "fuck ukraine." Thoughts?
Spoiler:
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Re: what the ddoser is up to

Post by BONERMASTER » #641602

It is literally only "fuck ukraine" brother. Their head is filled with state propaganda, ontop of their existing mental illness. There is no rhyme or reason to anything they say or do, just like the russians can explain away any and all losses and failures with a "greater plan", so will this guy just befuddle you with a strategy that you just "don't understand yet".
Fuck him, that's the bottom line.

With lag-free regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #641604

BONERMASTER wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:13 pm It is literally only "fuck ukraine" brother. Their head is filled with state propaganda, ontop of their existing mental illness.
I thought this too at first. Even if that's the case, they've caused a pretty major impact that goes beyond "no spacemans for a month or two" as other DDoS's have in the past.
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #641606

Gives me mixed feelings

Trying to bully the codebase into keeping things LRP might make them push harder for more RP. But that might be their goal to drive all LRP players to these servers...

Very intriguing to know. Thanks for the thread sinfulbliss
► Show Spoiler
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #641610

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:00 pm so the ddoser of TG has been chilling around on a discord. i asked him "why ddos tg," to which he replied in bleeding edge, "phase 1." also he apparently "completed his goals."
*steps forward*
*looks downward*
*puts on hat*
*twiddles thumbs*
*animepiano.ogg*
*pushes up glasses*
Clearly, the man behind the distributed denial of service attack worded this in a way that makes it extremely obvious that he's bluffing to deceive everyone into thinking that he's bluffing so he can become the messiah without anyone trying to stop him!
*slams table*
*the lighting becomes darker*
*a car crashes in the distance*
*puts hands in pockets*
*the spaghetti falls out*
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #641613

Shadowflame909 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:34 pm Gives me mixed feelings

Trying to bully the codebase into keeping things LRP might make them push harder for more RP. But that might be their goal to drive all LRP players to these servers...

the ddos has not influenced any discussion in coderbus other than that one pr goof made to add a ukraine holiday

also the ddosers are just doing it for the lulz, don't let them try to convince you there's some ulterior motive :P
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #641616

he's attempting to get a traffic cone fully up his ass but it seems impossible and yet night is darkest before the dawn
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #641617

Mothblocks wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:33 pm

the ddos has not influenced any discussion in coderbus other than that one pr goof made to add a ukraine holiday

also the ddosers are just doing it for the lulz, don't let them try to convince you there's some ulterior motive :P
Yeah don't look behind the curtain. When will people realize that the DDOS was an inside job to create animosity against the LRP community allowing for further changes towards MRP. Wouldn't surprise me if that 500$ going towards merchantstation was apart of it. Stir up abunch of drama over abunch of LRP lads being racist then try to sneak in code mandated barRP? Open you eyes people.
Image Image
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #641638

honestly if lrpers are guys who are going to get asshurt and donate to da funny antisemetic meme server i say good riddance, let them waste their money on retarded wignats until the server collapses in a web of drama once it's revealed half the server staff is a bunch of sexual degenerates in striped stockings ERPing behind everyones back like every time some fucking TRVE NORDIC CHAD tries to make his own Reichstation 4.
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #641639

in any context other than stupid spaceman game a ddos being a distration isn't unusual but this is stupid spaceman game and they have nothing to gain.

Probably some loser that got banned or is brainwashed by Russian state media.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #641642

Boot wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:05 pm
Mothblocks wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:33 pm

Yeah don't look behind the curtain. When will people realize that the DDOS was an inside job to create animosity against the LRP community allowing for further changes towards MRP. Wouldn't surprise me if that 500$ going towards merchantstation was apart of it. Stir up abunch of drama over abunch of LRP lads being racist then try to sneak in code mandated barRP? Open you eyes people.
he knows too much
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #641646

i think people have motives behind their actions, I don't think people do things randomly. nor do I think the ddoser gives a flying fuck about ukraine. I think he's one of those hyper edgy contrarian /pol/ types and going against TG for having a pro-Ukraine take feeds right into that beat. makes sense that same type would play somewhere you can screech the n-word in OOC.

the more interesting discussion though is this donator dude. I mean TG just lost 65% of its income to a random new LRP server amidst being DDoS'd, WHILE the DDoSer chills in that new random server. are the two really completely unrelated and he just hates ukraine? no lol. I think he wants to drive some sort of pop shift with the DDoS.
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #641648

maybe the ddoser and donator are both just retards
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #641704

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:47 am i think people have motives behind their actions, I don't think people do things randomly. nor do I think the ddoser gives a flying fuck about ukraine. I think he's one of those hyper edgy contrarian /pol/ types and going against TG for having a pro-Ukraine take feeds right into that beat. makes sense that same type would play somewhere you can screech the n-word in OOC.

the more interesting discussion though is this donator dude. I mean TG just lost 65% of its income to a random new LRP server amidst being DDoS'd, WHILE the DDoSer chills in that new random server. are the two really completely unrelated and he just hates ukraine? no lol. I think he wants to drive some sort of pop shift with the DDoS.
*pauses morbius*
*lights toothpick*
*adjusts glasses ANGRILY*
Clearly, they are the same person.
*lightning strikes a tree in the background*(x30)
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #641718

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:00 pm so the ddoser of TG has been chilling around on a discord. i asked him "why ddos tg," to which he replied in bleeding edge, "phase 1." also he apparently "completed his goals." what goal does a ddos have other than the obvious? well..
Just read this. Have you ever considered that the DDoSer is just some dumb 12 year old script kiddie? I'm pretty sure the only motive is to seek attention. It is no different than people using mods or scripts or whatever in other online games to ruin it for everyone else.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #641723

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:15 am maybe the ddoser and donator are both just retards
$500/mo
$6000/yr
Story checks out
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #641735

At the end of the day the ddoser is someone wasting their money to ruin others harmless fun.

If someone decides that they don’t want to contribute their money anymore, for whatever reason, that’s their decision.

I think neither of these things are worth much thought or analysis.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #641736

wesoda25 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:31 pm At the end of the day the ddoser is someone wasting their money to ruin others harmless fun.

If someone decides that they don’t want to contribute their money anymore, for whatever reason, that’s their decision.

I think neither of these things are worth much thought or analysis.
I dunno I think it’s worth talking about. Pretty serious setbacks.
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Sun May 22, 2022 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #641737

Turbonerd wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:44 pm Just read this. Have you ever considered that the DDoSer is just some dumb 12 year old script kiddie? I'm pretty sure the only motive is to seek attention.
Yeah, they probably are. Whether their motive is to seek attention or not it’s a fact they took 65% of TG’s income and a sizable chunk of the player base.
Rohen_Tahir wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:47 pm *pauses morbius*
*lights toothpick*
*adjusts glasses ANGRILY*
Clearly, they are the same person.
*lightning strikes a tree in the background*(x30)
Does anyone like you
Spoiler:
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #641739

How is that a fact?
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #641741

wesoda25 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:44 pm How is that a fact?
TG playerbase has been dead for over a month. They initially coped by blaming it on Elden Ring release but player counts have remained low for weeks. I've just been playing fulpstation.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #641745

Donor was $500/mo. After they pulled out the patreon was at around $290/mo. That’s 63% (also woah I just guessed the percentage almost perfect).

It’s higher now though looks like the announcement helped. Still most places that run off donations usually will reflect or discuss shit internally if they lose massive swaths of their income like that.
Spoiler:
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #641747

it provoked me to give up a dollar a month, gotta keep those servers up.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #641751

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:37 pm
Donor was $500/mo. After they pulled out the patreon was at around $290/mo. That’s 63% (also woah I just guessed the percentage almost perfect).

It’s higher now though looks like the announcement helped. Still most places that run off donations usually will reflect or discuss shit internally if they lose massive swaths of their income like that.
What I’m caught up on is how this is related to the ddoser.

For clarification my question was aimed at your response to turbo.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #641752

wesoda25 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:45 pm What I’m caught up on is how this is related to the ddoser.

If the DDoSer didn't exist Merchant would probably be deadpop, the DDoS created a bunch of players wanting to play SS13 without a server to play on. If Merchant was deadpop the donor probably wouldn't have left TG because they wouldn't have had anywhere to go.
Spoiler:
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #641755

Separation between codebase and server is absolute.
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #641756

TheFinalPotato wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:01 pm

Separation between codebase and server is absolute.
BAHAHAHAHHAHA
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #641757

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:56 pm
wesoda25 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:45 pm What I’m caught up on is how this is related to the ddoser.

If the DDoSer didn't exist Merchant would probably be deadpop, the DDoS created a bunch of players wanting to play SS13 without a server to play on. If Merchant was deadpop the donor probably wouldn't have left TG because they wouldn't have had anywhere to go.
=/
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #641758

Blaming player pop on the ddoser is just another cope, like i said before the playerpop was down since Elden Ring
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #641762

I would rather play on any MRP server than a server where I'm being called the n word every 5 seconds, personally.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #641763

Timonk wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:52 pm I would rather play on any MRP server than a server where I'm being called the n word every 5 seconds, personally.
This

I'd probably get banned because the boredom of extended-rp would drive me up the wall though
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #641768

ddoses us for an entire month

playerbase barely moves

LMAO

also sinfulbliss thinking it's some 9head 8000 iq plan when the ddoser is just salty that all their "lrp" servers exploded and were ran into the ground

if merchant is even around in a year i'd be fucking shocked.

edit:
PS: but over 65% of the patreon is a hefty fuckin number and this combined with the ddos at least warrants a discussion since it seems like a big deal from an onlooker's point of view.

It's not, it's one person, who was donating an extreme amount, and I already reminded mso many times to not treat that money as there long term.

Those donating 5-10 dollars the real patreon, not this one guy, and then when his money didn't buy him any purchase he fucked off.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #641772

oranges wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:03 pm ddoses us for an entire month

playerbase barely moves

LMAO

also sinfulbliss thinking it's some 9head 8000 iq plan when the ddoser is just salty that all their "lrp" servers exploded and were ran into the ground

if merchant is even around in a year i'd be fucking shocked.

edit:
PS: but over 65% of the patreon is a hefty fuckin number and this combined with the ddos at least warrants a discussion since it seems like a big deal from an onlooker's point of view.

It's not, it's one person, who was donating an extreme amount, and I already reminded mso many times to not treat that money as there long term.

Those donating 5-10 dollars the real patreon, not this one guy, and then when his money didn't buy him any purchase he fucked off.
So MSO is bad with money permeance?
(Or not, hopefully he didn't use much of the 500$ to fund the servers)
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #641774

I don't know, he never really talks about what he spends the money on.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #641776

you know we probably should have a public log somewhere
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #641778

oranges wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:12 pm you know we probably should have a public log somewhere
Indeed we should
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #641779

Imagine if he spent half of it on weed and now he has to choose between weed and tg
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #641781

Timonk wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:34 pm Imagine if he spent half of it on weed and now he has to choose between weed and tg
remember the start of the ddos coincided with MSO going weedless for a while and how shit the server was
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #641808

the codebase doesn't even see any of the money (vast majority of us don't want it) i don't know how this would influence anything for us
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #641809

Relapsed into a weed smoking frenzy. He blazed through the entire budget on the finest green.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #641816

the donations aren't for server costs they're to keep him stoned so he doesn't wake up and take a fucking baseball bat to this community like any sane sober person would
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #641872

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:36 pm remember the start of the ddos coincided with MSO going weedless for a while and how shit the server was
it was for 4/20
Living God

Extraordinary Person