orange man sexual harrassment peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

human resources peanut

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #643443

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31891
programming
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Re: orange man sexual harrassment peanut

Post by dirk_mcblade » #643661

o7
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #643665

You all may be wondering why oranges pinged me with that. Was there some sort of context? A wider discussion? An inside joke? Something that was going on to prompt the remark?

Nope, not a thing. The world may never know.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
CandyClown
Byond Username: CandyClown

Post by CandyClown » #643672

san7890 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:48 am You all may be wondering why oranges pinged me with that. Was there some sort of context? A wider discussion? An inside joke? Something that was going on to prompt the remark?

Thank you for your sacrifice.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #643674

oranges wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:39 am about the only thing I do abuse is the github block list, where I will not be shy about placing you on it if you're repeatedly arguing with maintainers.
Rule 15: do not argue with maintainers
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #643677

arguing is pointless past la certain point, people just gotta learn to accept
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #643681

oranges wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:53 am arguing is pointless past la certain point, people just gotta learn to accept
Stop arguing bro just accept it
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #643686

oranges stop posting every half baked thought you have. you’ve posted twelve times on this thread. go take a walk and let your thoughts actually bake rather than Post
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #643689

Yea im gonna have to ban you if you don't
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #643691

im the only other person as dementia addled as oranges in this community and even i limit my peanut posting engagement
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #643693

maybe some people give a fuck but i cannot imagine getting your shit in a tizzy over this tbqhwy senpaitachi i'd rather ban oranges for his opinion on romerol

it's of more consequence
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #643704

Stickymayhem wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:46 pm im the only other person as dementia addled as oranges in this community and even i limit my peanut posting engagement
thanks for coming
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #643706

Timonk wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:25 pm
Stickymayhem wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:46 pm im the only other person as dementia addled as oranges in this community and even i limit my peanut posting engagement
thanks for coming
have to make an appearance in the hot dramas gotta stay relevant
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #643719

Stickymayhem wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:55 pm
Timonk wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:25 pm
thanks for coming
have to make an appearance in the hot dramas gotta stay relevant
Did your girlfriend like the flowers
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #643721

cacogen wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:32 am oranges banned me from #coderbus for sharing my admiration of the recently embattled feminist icon jk rowling (supposedly)
rowling is a piece of shit terf
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #643722

Every time Timberpoes posts a headmin decision it reinforces my idea that he's the best admin.
I don't care about this particular situation much at all but I feel as though the outcome only reflects adequately on the current headmins.
Good on you guys.

As for oranges...
Please remember that reading your own peanut thread is almost definitely detrimental to your mental wellbeing. I don't like you that much, but know that regardless of what people say here, you are an immensely valuable member of the community, and despite what I said earlier, I think the fact that the administration values your opinion on code should be reflective of your own strengths.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #643728

This is stupid

I kinda understand banning oranges, though I get the feeling people really are misinterpreting things
Seems stupid to do this half measure though

I see people like theorizing about how far they can take it before the end times or whatever happen
It's fuckin oranges, he's not gonna go nuclear because of a discord ban. Admin team especially should know this you guys need to chill the fuck out
S a dumb ban, but like come on have some trust in the system man
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #643729

I think if reading negative opinions of me caused me mental harm I probably would have ended my own life like 2 years ago.

As a headcoder you get a lot of negative criticism so you just learn to deal with it.

nice sentiment though, thank you.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #643730

Timonk wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:57 am
oranges wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:53 am arguing is pointless past la certain point, people just gotta learn to accept
But you don't have the power to ban me
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #643731

let the man post in the thread about his own discord mute

also this mute will not stand, oranges will be back to posting in admin channels eventually, guarantee it. maybe not while timberpoes is around but hes been kicked from admin channels before and always came back lol
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #643733

BeeSting12 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:19 pm let the man post in the thread about his own discord mute

also this mute will not stand, oranges will be back to posting in admin channels eventually, guarantee it. maybe not while timberpoes is around but hes been kicked from admin channels before and always came back lol
a mute to a head of anything in /tg/ is like a fine to a rich-man

Its just another price that has to be paid to do whatever they wanted
► Show Spoiler
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #643735

Tearling wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:07 pm Every time Timberpoes posts a headmin decision it reinforces my idea that he's the best admin.
I don't care about this particular situation much at all but I feel as though the outcome only reflects adequately on the current headmins.
Good on you guys.
This 100%. I've agreed with every decision Timber's made as headmin. I think if they told me to jump off a bridge I'd do it.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #643738

I would have straight up upgraded it to a permanent complete discord ban, just to troll him back for creating this atrocious ban appeal, and I would have found it to be incredibly funny!

With ethically bankrupt regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #643739

Bonermaster you are ethically and morally bankrupt
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #643740

oranges wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:59 pm Bonermaster you are ethically and morally bankrupt
Always was!

With similar regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #643763

oranges wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:58 pm
Timonk wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:57 am
But you don't have the power to ban me
You sure about that?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #643777

iamgoofball wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:00 pm
cacogen wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:32 am oranges banned me from #coderbus for sharing my admiration of the recently embattled feminist icon jk rowling (supposedly)
rowling is a piece of shit terf
He was virtue signalling by saying he admired an unnamed woman and it struck me as insincere or at least hypocritical because he’s a scumbag (not due to rubbing his nuts in some guy’s face through the internet, but generally) so I interjected by saying I too admired J. K. Rowling and support everything she’s said particularly recently and he was upset that I’d undermined him in front of the group, particularly in his narcissistic supply chamber, so he banned me under the pretense of me making an offensive joke.

Joanne is also a narcissist, which is why she can’t keep her opinions to herself. Graham Linehan is the same. So is Ricky Gervais. The UK has a narcissism epidemic. You can see it in their celebrities. British panel shows are full of them. Smug pontificators. But it makes sense when you understand how callous and insecure they are. The UK is a breeding grounds for narcissism. Americans at the very least have pride in themselves.

Australia is like this too. A kind of collectivist narcissist state best exemplified by a site like 4chan. But if narcissism is about the individual, how can it be collectivist? Because if you’re part of the in group you can treat the out group however you want. Rather than practising tolerance and empathy like a more progressive group, you can abuse these people to your heart’s content, and the other members of this social group will laugh and applaud. This is the type of power an accomplished narcissist like Ricky Gervais or the underground comedian Nick F. G. Mullen takes for granted. But in the case of the collectivist narcissist, you can be utterly unremarkable individually, even pathetic, and still have permission to act this way. This is why Commonwealth countries, like Australia or New Zealand, whose values derive from English culture, are such shitholes to live in.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #643779

you mentioned a known terf out of nowhere just to get a rise out of the people in the channel

yes you got clapped for it because you forgot it isn't fucking politics containment and i'm not going to tolerate your dumbass trying to get a rise out of people.

oh and just in case you're actually delusion enough to believe I was mentioning an "Unknown woman", this was the conversation

Code: Select all

[12:07] 
[12:06] KylerAce: how is everything byond provides so shit here its behavior is so arbitrary
[12:06] KylerAce: yes
[12:06] FriedPotato: that'd be a fucking great get if you can manage it
[12:06] FriedPotato: that shit sucks shit through a steel straw
[12:07] KylerAce: >pass in an icon with a nonexistant state to icon_states(), get back a list of every icon_state name for that icon
>pass in an icon with an existing state, get back list("")
>pass in an icon with an existing state but an invalid dir, get back an empty list (edited)

[12:07] dangerdog: you don't understand her genius
The her here refers to byond code/DreamDaemon, affectionally given a feminine gender like a ship you fucking autistic moron.

to which your dumbass came out and said pretty much out of the blue and several hours since you didn't say anything else

[12:09] cacogen: i too admire jk rowling
[12:09] cacogen: and everything she's said, especially recently
To which I tried to even give you the benefit of the doubt and replied with

[12:11] dangerdog: this isn't funny, and you are going to get banned from here if you consistently continue to try to start fights with people
[12:11] dangerdog: knock it off
[12:11] KylerAce: well actually the path part is easy if its an rsc reference that exists at compile time (edited)
[12:11] cacogen: woah, i'm not starting a fight with anyone
[12:11] cacogen: quit mischaracterising my comments
at which point is was clear you were simply there to start a fight, so I muted you.

in summary you are a nasty little goblinoid and I wish only bad things to happen to you in life.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #643780

It’s true. I didn’t bother reading back before assuming you were respecting women and even now my mind glazes over trying to understand the context (something about icon states and straws, I don’t know).

I was not trying to start a fight! I just wanted to shit on you. Then you started accusing me of wanting to get into a big internet fight. I don’t like those. But I dislike having my behaviour mischaracterised even more.

I am not nasty, or a baby goblin. I just think it’s only fair that if some people have to suffer, others should suffer too.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #643782

oranges wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:51 am i was here long before you and i'll be here long after you too.
this is equivalent to bragging about having a brain disease
every minute you spend in the ss13 community is a century you will spend burning in hell
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #643784

Thomas you are another nasty little tiny goblinoid, I hope that god punishes you for all you have done
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #643785

cacogen wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:08 am I was not trying to start a fight! I just wanted to shit on you.
You are utterly delusional
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #643786

How the fuck can someone say "her" and your brain automatically thinks of J. K. "Jesus Krist Rowling Shut The Fuck Up" Rowling
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #643788

oranges wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:13 am Thomas you are another nasty little tiny goblinoid, I hope that god punishes you for all you have done
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... 485F6B.gif
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #643789

oranges wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:14 am
cacogen wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:08 am I was not trying to start a fight! I just wanted to shit on you.
You are utterly delusional
It was kind of a hit and run deal? But you made it all serious ):
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #643790

Archie700 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:16 am How the fuck can someone say "her" and your brain automatically thinks of J. K. "Jesus Krist Rowling Shut The Fuck Up" Rowling
you mean “just kidding” rowling, as the terf shit is ultimately just bait to serve her narcissistic supply and she’d pivot on it in a second if it suddenly served her interests in a meaningful way to, as she is an ultra liberal who ultimately believes in nothing
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #643794

cacogen wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:21 am
Archie700 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:16 am How the fuck can someone say "her" and your brain automatically thinks of J. K. "Jesus Krist Rowling Shut The Fuck Up" Rowling
you mean “just kidding” rowling, as the terf shit is ultimately just bait to serve her narcissistic supply and she’d pivot on it in a second if it suddenly served her interests in a meaningful way to, as she is an ultra liberal who ultimately believes in nothing
Really, the writer who came up with transparently made up on the fly terminologies for her world building like hufflepuff and Slytherin (for the "bad" students) and somehow ended up with a bunch of money bags for it doesn't actually give a fuck?
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer

Post by TheFinalPotato » #643799

you have both committed the sin of double posting, go directly to jail
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #643800

I read she used a piece of paper and wrote out a bunch of variations on the names she came up with before finally settling on ones she liked. I think it worked well. None of them sound unnatural, like Morbius for example.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #643805

cacogen wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:12 am I read she used a piece of paper and wrote out a bunch of variations on the names she came up with before finally settling on ones she liked. I think it worked well. None of them sound unnatural, like Morbius for example.
That's effectively writing via RNG whereas Tolkien autistically created languages based on his education in linguistics to come up with his names. I continue to argue that JK Rowling is a nihilist.
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #643814

dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:22 am
cacogen wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:12 am I read she used a piece of paper and wrote out a bunch of variations on the names she came up with before finally settling on ones she liked. I think it worked well. None of them sound unnatural, like Morbius for example.
That's effectively writing via RNG whereas Tolkien autistically created languages based on his education in linguistics to come up with his names. I continue to argue that JK Rowling is a nihilist.
JK Rowling is bad at naming things therefore JK Rowling is a nihilist?
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #643822

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:04 am
Yes it's the symptom of a depraved mind lost at sea without safe harbor.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #643824

TheFinalPotato wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:56 pm S a dumb ban, but like come on have some trust in the system man
I suppose the question is, from your perspective, what is the last measure that isn't being met? Full discord ban or full removal from the servers? What would you, as another maintainer, do in that situation?
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #643833

Basically what oranges was trying to say in his ban appeal but couldn’t say explicitly for obvious reasons was:

“If you believe what I did was truly sexual harassment, then not permabanning me for it because of my social standing sends out an awful message to the community, and I should have been permabanned.”

Of course saying this is equivalent to asking for a permaban so that’s why he spoke in such a cryptic way.

Also can you nerds stop talking about fucking J.K Rowling what the hell
Spoiler:
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #643837

dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:09 pm
Rohen_Tahir wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:04 am
Yes it's the symptom of a depraved mind lost at sea without safe harbor.
elaborate
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #643841

Read another book you fucking catmommies
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer

Post by TheFinalPotato » #643855

NecromancerAnne wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:20 pm
TheFinalPotato wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:56 pm S a dumb ban, but like come on have some trust in the system man
I suppose the question is, from your perspective, what is the last measure that isn't being met? Full discord ban or full removal from the servers? What would you, as another maintainer, do in that situation?
I'm not sure I agree with permaing for this, it seems less like sexual harassment and more like someone making dumb jokes.
That said, if this would otherwise lead to a nuke it seems weird to just not. I suppose they have reasons for it around like, development being not suffering.

Those reasons become really unconvincing if you argue from the position of him being a sex pest or whatever. Seems weird.
Oh and uh, I've also seen people like going "WHAT IF ORANGES GOES ROUGE HE WILL HE'S THE DEVIL" which is like, sad. I think people need to be less reactionary about it.

If it were me I'd yell at the user in question for being cringe, and if they continued to be cringe like, ban them until they promised to stop being cringe.
I've done this before, though admittedly not with horny stuff
san7890 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:48 am You all may be wondering why oranges pinged me with that. Was there some sort of context? A wider discussion? An inside joke? Something that was going on to prompt the remark?

San that's not fukin true. There's not a lot of context, and it frames it as a crappy joke, but there absolutely is some. Come on
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #643858

it also resulted in names like chingy china bing bong and Blacky McMLK for the asian and black characters respectively.
san7890
In-Game Game Master

Post by san7890 » #643859

TheFinalPotato wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:45 pm

San that's not fukin true. There's not a lot of context, and it frames it as a crappy joke, but there absolutely is some. Come on
I wanted to make sure I wasn't misremembering it and I apologize, there was some context. The context was that I was referring to another weird remark he had made in the channel, and that he elected to "double down" by making this remark: with the original stimulus being a screenshot of a felinid from a video game (FFXIV).

I misremembered it, sorry for being misleading with my original remark. The main reason why I wrote it out was to state that even within that conversation itself (with persons like you who are familiar with the matter due to their retirement-home access)- there wasn't anything that me and oranges had "outside" of the conversation (in regards to this specific subject matter). The context I was referring to directly ties into the "wider discussion" and "inside joke": nuances that are found outside of normal standard conversation that not everyone is aware of at first glance. This sort of nuance lends itself to people making cringey jokes to other people (because they know that the other person will find it funny since they have that level of rapport), I was trying to articulate that and clearly failed. I should append that oranges and I have "rapport" in several other comedic fields (or I would at least hope that this assumption of mine is correct), I just literally have no clue as to why such a remark was given with such little stimulus.
Last edited by san7890 on Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #643860

How much are they paying you guys to slide the thread from its original topic
► Show Spoiler
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #643861

Crispy Crip? Nah... Too cheesy. I need something more racist... Blacky Mc... Hmmm prominent black figures?? Ah yes! Blacky McBlackMLK!
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

san7890
In-Game Game Master

Post by san7890 » #643862

Shadowflame909 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:18 pm How much are they paying you guys to slide the thread from its original topic
zero dollars zero cents (pronounced sense)