POLITICS THREAD

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

POLITICS THREAD

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #645172

My fellow players™, what are your thoughts on the gas price situation?
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Re: POLITICS THREAD

Post by technokek » #645173

I have a bicycle....
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #645174

The environmentalists are getting what they want.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #645179

We let ourselves get dependant on a royal monarchy and also a dictator for our way of life and we could end it if we just banned exports isolating our prices from the world market but we can't ban exports because our refineries can't even refine the type of oil we extract from the ground so we have to sell it to other countries and buy the type of oil we can refine and waste gas shipping all of that around the world, also the type of oil we can refine is more useful for making lubricating oils and less fuels so we also end up having to import refined fuels while also sorta refining some of them ourselves. its all stupid and technically obama's fault because somebody pointed out how useful it would be to refine our own oils if russia goes full war back in the obama administration and nothing got done but actually you can say that about trump and bush and biden and clinton and probably also bush.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #645180

nft
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #645182

Luckily I'm a degenerate who only ever drives to work and back home, so I fill up like once every month and a half on average.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #645194

chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #645214

It's a liquid, not a gas.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #645240

You have a point
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #645260

too high
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #645267

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:29 pm too high
► Show Spoiler
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #645305

TY Rohen for making this thread

As for gas prices, it's really an interesting situation, considering our reliance on the liberal trade institutions across the planet for basically all product these days, and how volatile this actually can be:
MrStonedOne wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:37 am We let ourselves get dependant on a royal monarchy and also a dictator for our way of life and we could end it if we just banned exports isolating our prices from the world market but we can't ban exports because our refineries can't even refine the type of oil we extract from the ground so we have to sell it to other countries and buy the type of oil we can refine and waste gas shipping all of that around the world, also the type of oil we can refine is more useful for making lubricating oils and less fuels so we also end up having to import refined fuels while also sorta refining some of them ourselves. its all stupid and technically obama's fault because somebody pointed out how useful it would be to refine our own oils if russia goes full war back in the obama administration and nothing got done but actually you can say that about trump and bush and biden and clinton and probably also bush.
MSO is correct about many things here:
I think the most practical solution now is to do what Macron & Co. are pushing for, being a negotiated end to the conflict in Ukraine, ending the violence and restoring trade relations. We can then use this as a major lesson on why we can't rely on trade with unstable personalistic regimes (I'd be willing to say Putin's regime is personalistic rather than bottom-up clientelist), so we can begin a planned transition period to avoiding that dependency relation in future. Not to even mention the ethical concerns here, particularly also for other countries like KSA, and their role in Yemen. I do think it's clear that this present moment shows the current system is untenable long-term, so it will hopefully be a jolt enough to lurch out some reforms.
Ironically, it's long been the argument that trade dependency is what prevents war. But when it comes to the West quickly blocking Russian oil imports after their role in Ukraine began, and that trade relation breaking down, then being followed by apparent US brinkmanship against the Russians with weapons aid and other policies, kinda shows that this theory has some major holes in it...

In other political news, Roe v. Wade (and thereby Casey as well) has been overturned- anyone have any thoughts on this? Additionally, I wonder how this will impact the midterms. Before this, it looked like an apparent Republican surge would happen, though that may not be as certain now. Without regards to my personal opinions, I still believe the Rs will have it, but maybe to a lesser degree than before. Abortion is a very strong issue to a lot of people, but so is the economy, inflation, and gas prices, which the public largely blame on the Democrats. Whether or not the blame is justified, I believe that this is going to be the main decider during the midterms.

Okay anyways there's some politics talk, hopefully without it being too overdone, or personal or anything
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
san7890
In-Game Game Master

Post by san7890 » #645308

Sorry I had to yawn and I lost my place reading
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #645312

san7890 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:44 am Sorry I had to yawn and I lost my place reading
It's okay I don't know if I know what I'm talking about either entirely
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #645320

Bawhoppennn wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:45 am
In other political news, Roe v. Wade (and thereby Casey as well) has been overturned- anyone have any thoughts on this? Additionally, I wonder how this will impact the midterms. Before this, it looked like an apparent Republican surge would happen, though that may not be as certain now. Without regards to my personal opinions, I still believe the Rs will have it, but maybe to a lesser degree than before. Abortion is a very strong issue to a lot of people, but so is the economy, inflation, and gas prices, which the public largely blame on the Democrats. Whether or not the blame is justified, I believe that this is going to be the main decider during the midterms.

Quite honestly, the Roe v. Wade decision is a huge fuck up on the supreme courts behalf. Independent from your personal beliefs on ethics, its really just a shitty decision.

Many states have laws that protect the right to abortion, so its not a banning of abortion by any means. Further, the states that do and don't protect abortion are spread pretty evenly about the USA, meaning border hopping to get an abortion is going to become both extremely accessible and prevalent.

As we all know, politicians are scum sucking concession makers who compromise their morals constantly in order to grow their power, justifying their disregard of personal ethics with the idea that if they can get into power, they can push their agenda which they see as good. (Unless of course, we are talking about the truly evil bastards who are just in it for the money and power. (Looking at the guy who switched what political party he was running for because of trends that show that the dominant political party in office tended to alternate))

That being said, I have no idea what possessed the court to make such a radical yet somewhat inconsequential move, the only thing I can think of is that they are repaying some debt, or trying to curry favor with someone.

Politics are fun! get rid of labels and dichotomies, they make politics simpler and more boring.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #645323

im canadian
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #645328

nianjiilical wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:14 am im canadian
How do you feel about Extreme intoxication bill that is very likely to become a law passed in Canada by 2023?
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #645330

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:18 am

Quite honestly, the Roe v. Wade decision is a huge fuck up on the supreme courts behalf. Independent from your personal beliefs on ethics, its really just a shitty decision.

Many states have laws that protect the right to abortion, so its not a banning of abortion by any means. Further, the states that do and don't protect abortion are spread pretty evenly about the USA, meaning border hopping to get an abortion is going to become both extremely accessible and prevalent.

As we all know, politicians are scum sucking concession makers who compromise their morals constantly in order to grow their power, justifying their disregard of personal ethics with the idea that if they can get into power, they can push their agenda which they see as good. (Unless of course, we are talking about the truly evil bastards who are just in it for the money and power. (Looking at the guy who switched what political party he was running for because of trends that show that the dominant political party in office tended to alternate))

That being said, I have no idea what possessed the court to make such a radical yet somewhat inconsequential move, the only thing I can think of is that they are repaying some debt, or trying to curry favor with someone.

Politics are fun! get rid of labels and dichotomies, they make politics simpler and more boring.
If you bothered to read the decision, it's because the original decision, Roe v Wade, was basically judicial activist lawmaking, and the right to abortion is nowhere in the Constitution, and the Supreme Court (and the federal government for that matter) never had the authority or jurisdiction over the issue of abortion in the first place. It was frankly a gross abuse of power that they decided Roe the way they did, especially when you consider that judges are appointed, not elected. Or do you really want a bunch of un-elected judges with effectively zero accountability creating your laws for you, just because you happened to agree with this one?

Maybe you should read what the Court says regarding it's decision before deciding to give your opinion on the matter, especially when accusing them of being unethical or of doing misconduct.
CandyClown
Byond Username: CandyClown

Post by CandyClown » #645335

I think we could fix inflation if we made every dollar worth ¢50.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #645336

Does this mean Medbay can't remove Xeno larvas anymore?
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #645337

chocolate_bickie wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:30 am Does this mean Medbay can't remove Xeno larvas anymore?
Hahahahaha, this is definitely impacting my next MD or Chaplain shift, I have to do this now. You're a fucking genius.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #645339

You seem to be looking at this from the perspective of pragmatism but justices are spergs who are only supposed to look at the constitution and the law, consequences be damned. About the closest they get to pragmatism is in choosing which cases they want to hear, but apparently enough of them had an axe to grind with the legal reasoning behind roe v wade that they decided to go for it. They're appointed for life so they have no job insecurity and the only risk is that their personal power gets diluted through expanding the court, but if that happens even one time we're going to see expansions going forward every election and the court will essentially become an arm of the congress/president. I'm not sure if the Democrats will do that when the 2022 election looks bad for them and 2024 could also lose the presidency.

My takeaway is relying on a supreme court ruling and not actual legal code is risky ground for pushing policy. The Democrats had multiple supermajorities with which they could have passed laws codifying abortion rights, but they didn't. The Republicans are opposed to it based on their creed so they never would, but why wouldn't the Democrats take it up and pass a bill?
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #645340

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:03 am
If you bothered to read the decision, it's because the original decision, Roe v Wade, was basically judicial activist lawmaking, and the right to abortion is nowhere in the Constitution, and the Supreme Court (and the federal government for that matter) never had the authority or jurisdiction over the issue of abortion in the first place. It was frankly a gross abuse of power that they decided Roe the way they did, especially when you consider that judges are appointed, not elected. Or do you really want a bunch of un-elected judges with effectively zero accountability creating your laws for you, just because you happened to agree with this one?

Maybe you should read what the Court says regarding it's decision before deciding to give your opinion on the matter, especially when accusing them of being unethical or of doing misconduct.
The decision in question was ruling that laws against abortion were a violation against the 14th amendment's right to privacy. The supreme court has also used the same amendment as an argument to prevent laws against oral sex.
It's irresponsible to claim it has no constitutional basis.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #645346

The right for individuals to walk around with guns for shits and giggles is also nowhere in the constitution, but the Supreme Court also just crossed out the second half of that line in the second amendment for shits and giggles. If this was actually remotely truly why they were overturning Roe v Wade they'd have been overturning the Court's previous massive untextual expansions to the second amendment, not expanding them even further days beforehand.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #645347

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:43 pm

The decision in question was ruling that laws against abortion were a violation against the 14th amendment's right to privacy. The supreme court has also used the same amendment as an argument to prevent laws against oral sex.
It's irresponsible to claim it has no constitutional basis.
Okay, well, food for thought, maybe it's irresponsible to claim that the right to privacy extends to murdering the unborn.
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #645348

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:37 pm

The right for individuals to walk around with guns for shits and giggles is also nowhere in the constitution, but the Supreme Court also just crossed out the second half of that line in the second amendment for shits and giggles. If this was actually remotely truly why they were overturning Roe v Wade they'd have been overturning the Court's previous massive untextual expansions to the second amendment, not expanding them even further days beforehand.
Except it's literally there in plain and concise text that even a 5 year old could understand? "Shall not be infringed" is pretty fucking clear. Nowhere in the 2nd amendment is a line that says "Oh, it can be infringed if they're talking about open-carry though".
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #645349

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:40 pm

Except it's literally there in plain and concise text that even a 5 year old could understand? "Shall not be infringed" is pretty fucking clear. Nowhere in the 2nd amendment is a line that says "Oh, it can be infringed if they're talking about open-carry though".
And yet the well regulated militia is nowhere to be seen and clearly not necessary to the security of the State because it hasnt existed for like two centuries but the fact that that's the justification for arms rights, not mystical woo about personal freedoms, is swept under the rug under the bonus of not upsetting americans and their expensive toys lmao
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
san7890
In-Game Game Master

Post by san7890 » #645350

i thought this thread was satire
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #645351

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:52 pm
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:40 pm

And yet the well regulated militia is nowhere to be seen and clearly not necessary to the security of the State because it hasnt existed for like two centuries but the fact that that's the justification for arms rights, not mystical woo about personal freedoms, is swept under the rug under the bonus of not upsetting americans and their expensive toys lmao
You should read district of columbia v. heller sometime. The clause regarding militia is not a restriction on gun rights.
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #645352

san7890 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:57 pm i thought this thread was satire
It sure started off that way, but someone had to start giving real political opinions.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #645354

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:58 pm
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:52 pm snipped for pyramid
You should read district of columbia v. heller sometime. The clause regarding militia is not a restriction on gun rights.
The 2008 case that legally affirmed that "Shall not be infringed" is meaningless and explicitly protects the infringement of the right to bear arms under a variety of circumstances and was, seperately, widely criticized for adding imaginary sections to the amendment about self-defense in its explanation and also used the reasoning "Well several rejected versions of the amendment did include that right therefore the accepted one should be assumed to have it too"?

Thats a surprising one to hear mentioned.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #645362

law isnt real and it isnt a special arcane ritual that binds people to it, law is fake its made up post hoc justifications for whatever those in power want to do

the supreme court are the high priests of the american religious document (the constitution) and their interpretation is based purely on their political motivations

i do not like liberals
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #645365

Rohen Tahir what have you created
Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:45 am How do you feel about Extreme intoxication bill that is very likely to become a law passed in Canada by 2023?
I support the aim (largely aimed at combating domestic violence, which is often linked with alcohol and drug use).

From a constitutional/legal perspective, the proposed amendments seem to be a pretty good way of preserving the effect of section 31.1 of the Criminal Code while also avoiding the constitutional issues raised in the section's previous iterations.

Lastly it makes sense from a layman's point of view. If you voluntarily take a substance that you know will make you lose control, you should be responsible for what you do when that happens.
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #645367

hey why don't you guys move to a common law system instead.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #645368

communists upset at the rule of law more at 11
Image Image
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #645372

Stickymayhem wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:42 pm law isnt real and it isnt a special arcane ritual that binds people to it, law is fake its made up post hoc justifications for whatever those in power want to do

the supreme court are the high priests of the american religious document (the constitution) and their interpretation is based purely on their political motivations

i do not like liberals
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #645374

Bawhoppennn wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:45 am In other political news, Roe v. Wade (and thereby Casey as well) has been overturned- anyone have any thoughts on this?
I'm just glad I live in a state that doesn't have its head buried 15 miles up its own asshole. It has other problems, but at least it doesn't have this one.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #645379

how the fuck are liberals against having guns but pro killing babies

now you can get a gun and kill babies even faster, pinhead
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #645390

Stickymayhem wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:42 pm law isnt real and it isnt a special arcane ritual that binds people to it, law is fake its made up post hoc justifications for whatever those in power want to do

i do not like liberals
I'll take the bait. How do those in power benefit from guns being distributed widely amongst the population? Seems like the opposite of what you'd want to do to consolidate power.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #645398

dirk_mcblade wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:18 am

i do not like liberals
I'll take the bait. How do those in power benefit from guns being distributed widely amongst the population? Seems like the opposite of what you'd want to do to consolidate power.
Oh no you responded to Sticky, what have you unleashed

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #645412

>mfw the fed(mins) posters drop the nuke codes and nuke disk right in front of me

You guys bwoink in the dark
► Show Spoiler
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #645421

oranges wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:27 pm hey why don't you guys move to a common law system instead.
What did he mean by this
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #645423

Farquaar wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:42 am
oranges wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:27 pm hey why don't you guys move to a common law system instead.
What did he mean by this
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #645424

i do not like liberals
100 million disorganized citizens with guns are literally zero danger whatsoever to the most powerful military in the world

The right has always benefitted from armed militias roving around terrorizing minorities like the KKK historically or the Proud Boys/Patriot Prayer/Other retarded christolarpers

The left has basically used guns politically effectively in America one single time, and it was the Black Panthers: guess when the only time the right wing supported gun control was
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #645425

Stickymayhem wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:14 am

i do not like liberals
100 million disorganized citizens with guns are literally zero danger whatsoever to the most powerful military in the world

The right has always benefitted from armed militias roving around terrorizing minorities like the KKK historically or the Proud Boys/Patriot Prayer/Other retarded christolarpers

The left has basically used guns politically effectively in America one single time, and it was the Black Panthers: guess when the only time the right wing supported gun control was

However, the US military loses to virtually every insurgency type force it fights against.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #645428

dirk_mcblade wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:31 am

i do not like liberals

However, the US military loses to virtually every insurgency type force it fights against.
If you want to define losing in some hyper specific way, sure, but they fuck shit up, kill millions and there's no hope for a functional government existing that the US doesn't want in place.

Insurgencies are successful only when the local population has close ties to the insurgents, and American towns have far less social cohesion than an afghanistan village. Most of that insurgent style of social cohesion comes from the right wing, again like the Proud Boys, who will simp for a fascist government every time.

The ones who are organized, and like and use weapons, support the government. The Liberal masses are terrified of guns, and the left wing struggles to organize effective gun ownership and has done so ever since the Black Panthers due to infighting and lack of support from the liberal establishment. Conservative money is always happy to fund fascist groups (see the close ties between republicans and the Jan 6 rioters) but liberals will NEVER support the extremes on their side, so they always lose.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #645429

dirk_mcblade wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:31 am

i do not like liberals

#politics-containment ;)
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #645430

Is this the 2hu thread? I'd like to ask what the hell a 2hu is.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #645433

Stickymayhem wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:58 am
If you want to define losing in some hyper specific way, sure, but they fuck shit up, kill millions and there's no hope for a functional government existing that the US doesn't want in place.
I don't know if I'd call failing in nearly every strategic goal but taking a giant shit on the way out a specific definition of loss. Seems like there's cheaper ways of shitting up a country than that and each time they fail they weaken the country due to its finances worsening.
Vietnam meanwhile ended up doing okay, and is even quasi friendly with the US today because they have a frenemy situation with the PRC.
There's no doubt there would be a lot of destruction regardless of who wins and this is why I don't think the power structure would want to have such a kill switch in the hands of parties it doesn't directly control. If private ownership of arms is beneficial to the power structure then why don't other countries have the same rights? Are the minorities in the UK that would be terrorized by armed UKIP gangs part of the UK power structure? I think the UK military and the UK government benefits from the option of being able to manhandle its population without having to worry about unlicensed spoon attacks. Otherwise why aren't they distributing weapons?
Insurgencies are successful only when the local population has close ties to the insurgents, and American towns have far less social cohesion than an afghanistan village. Most of that insurgent style of social cohesion comes from the right wing, again like the Proud Boys, who will simp for a fascist government every time.

The ones who are organized, and like and use weapons, support the government. The Liberal masses are terrified of guns, and the left wing struggles to organize effective gun ownership and has done so ever since the Black Panthers due to infighting and lack of support from the liberal establishment. Conservative money is always happy to fund fascist groups (see the close ties between republicans and the Jan 6 rioters) but liberals will NEVER support the extremes on their side, so they always lose.
Liberals though incompetent are also part of the power structure. I can't figure out if they actually viscerally fear guns or if they use it as a political football to rally support for restricting them every election. Either way they don't seem to like them. From a Marxist perspective both parties are close enough to the same thing but this is one of the areas where they differ in policy. Virtually every media outlet seems pissed about it. I don't think they're organized enough that they secretly think the supreme court ruling is a good thing for them. Perhaps intent doesn't matter as much as effect in terms of pushing a political system that leaves everything stunlocked, but then you might as well view the system as an ant colony at that point and that makes analysis of motivations pointless.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #645434

Capsandi wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:38 pm Is this the 2hu thread? I'd like to ask what the hell a 2hu is.
The 二胡 is a stringed Chinese instrument you racist.