Bob "i am mad at vekter for doing vekter stuff, AMA" peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Bob "i am mad at vekter for doing vekter stuff, AMA" peanut

Post by Timonk » #646589

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32095

>Doesn't know how heretic works
>Notes Antag for round removing one (1) SSD person
>Player gets mad
>This somehow wasn't solved in ahelp??
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Re: Bob "i am mad at vekter for doing vekter stuff, AMA" peanut

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #646591

Outlandishly ridiculous.
The guy was apparently being a dick in ahelps, which isn't justified but I get it. This wouldn't even be a questionable moment on Manuel.
We can only wonder if there is any sort of meta shit going on? Its probably just a vekter moment.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #646595

I'm actually losing my mind here. How is an antag getting noted for killing someone even if they're SSD? Next time I'm about to get grabbed by a heretic do I just close the game and gain admin protections? Who the fuck keeps letting Vekter onto Sybil?
Rule page on the Wiki wrote: 4. Lone antagonists can do whatever they want.
Except metagaming/comms, bug/exploit abuse, erotic/creepy stuff, OOC in IC or IC in OOC, and spawn-camping arrivals.
where is no killing afk lads in here?
Image Image
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #646596

Boot wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:31 am I'm actually losing my mind here. How is an antag getting noted for killing someone even if they're SSD? Next time I'm about to get grabbed by a heretic do I just close the game and gain admin protections? Who the fuck keeps letting Vekter onto Sybil?
Rule page on the Wiki wrote: 4. Lone antagonists can do whatever they want.
Except metagaming/comms, bug/exploit abuse, erotic/creepy stuff, OOC in IC or IC in OOC, and spawn-camping arrivals.
where is no killing afk lads in here?
Plus he was the heretic's target. Not much point in discussing whether or no the note was justified. Anyone could tell you that its not.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #646600

This ability to continously demonstrate the complete lack of proper judgement, or any understanding of the rules for that matter, and still not getting kicked out of the admin team, is honestly impressive. I think we're looking at the next big CEO right here.

With admiring regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
XII3912
Byond Username: EMX55

Post by XII3912 » #646602

I know he fucked up massively, but can we not publicly shame the guy? by the looks of it it was a misunderstanding which can occur
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #646605

Vekters fine. They can be a little hasty with the banhammer but they do respond to appeals quickly.

I think the admin PMs would shed some light on this but it's already resolved so who cares.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #646606

singular note that was resolved in under 30m because vekter thought that it was lame that someone would die while not being given a chance to fight back
it is lame but that's rule 10 for you w/e - he dropped it after having a bit of confusion re: thinking that a heretic just picked a SSD target on purpose
not even any inhibition of being able to play because it wasn't even a ban

tl;dr VEKTER IS LITERALLY THE ANTICHRIST HOW IS HE BEING LET OUT OF HIS CAGE???? HEADMINS I LVEAV THIS IN YOUR HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #646607

that mobile game vector is pretty tough

while vector the crocodile is iconic

So I will leave the choice up to that :bball:
► Show Spoiler
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #646609

I'm not gonna reveal the ahelp but calling the players attitude in it "extremely hostile" is a bit over-the-top.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #646610

WineAllWine wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:03 pm I'm not gonna reveal the ahelp but calling the players attitude in it "extremely hostile" is a bit over-the-top.
Well now you're just teasing us by saying that but not revealing it.

I guess mothblocks called them out on it in the appeal too though so I believe it.
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #646611

I would like to replace Vekter with YBS.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #646616

jesus christ vekter
Boot

Post by Boot » #646622

chocolate_bickie wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:55 am Vekters fine. They can be a little hasty with the banhammer but they do respond to appeals quickly.

I think the admin PMs would shed some light on this but it's already resolved so who cares.
I'm glad Vekter has found a place where he can be appreciated. The uwu'ing catgirl crowd over at Manny. Please do your best to keep him over there, let him know how much you need him over there so he doesn't stray.
Image Image
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #646626

It wasn't extremely hostile but he was pretty damn rude.

Also >appeal already resolved >make peanut anyway
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #646631

Vekter wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:36 pm It wasn't extremely hostile but he was pretty damn rude.

Uh oh!!
Look who has posted in his own peanut thread!!
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #646632

Vekter wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:36 pm It wasn't extremely hostile but he was pretty damn rude.

I think I might be looking at the wrong ticket, can you share the link of what was so rude?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #646634

Timonk wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:01 pm

Uh oh!!
I could not care less, if you're going to talk shit, don't be shocked when someone comes along to defend themselves.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #646638

Uh oh!!
He crossed subforum lines!
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #646639

Boot wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:01 pm
chocolate_bickie wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:55 am Vekters fine. They can be a little hasty with the banhammer but they do respond to appeals quickly.

I'm glad Vekter has found a place where he can be appreciated. The uwu'ing catgirl crowd over at Manny. Please do your best to keep him over there, let him know how much you need him over there so he doesn't stray.
Imagine missing the point this hard.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #646641

Uh oh!!
fascinating observation
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #646642

Timonk wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:01 pm Uh oh!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_SRvFavJ-c
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #646710

I really don’t get the mental breakdown people are having over this.

I feel like even if you disagree with this being a note, you should be able to be sympathetic for what it was trying to achieve. Surely almost everyone here has had that moment where they disconnect and then reconnect a minute later to find you had been murdered and thought “that was shitty”. Even if you had a moment like that and immediately followed your thought up with “but that’s part of the game” you still should surely be able to see the attempt to make the game more enjoyable for the players. It’s entirely possible for people to come in here and say “I disagree with this note” without calling for Vekter’s public execution moments later.

Also where the fuck did this mentality come from, where wanting to find a way for people to have more fun with this sandbox roleplaying game got you branded as a Manuelmin trying to stomp on innocent Sybil players?
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #646717

Vekter wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:13 pm

Uh oh!!
I could not care less, if you're going to talk shit, don't be shocked when someone comes along to defend themselves.
You posted again nerd
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #646718

NoxVS wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:07 am I feel like even if you disagree with this being a note, you should be able to be sympathetic for what it was trying to achieve.
Nox, I am just not sure what the note is trying to achieve. Because as far as I can tell, as a humble player class user, I would have looked at 1. Antag? ☑️ 2. LRP? ☑️ and that would have been the end of my involvement.
If the player that was killed was SSD, then that also means that Vekter started the bwoink on his own volition and went out of his way to punish him on his own accord. I mean, that sounds like misconduct to me, if we are being honest.

So in that light, what exactly would I be sympathetic towards?

With curious regards
-BONERMASTER

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #646720

NoxVS wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:07 am I really don’t get the mental breakdown people are having over this.

I feel like even if you disagree with this being a note, you should be able to be sympathetic for what it was trying to achieve. Surely almost everyone here has had that moment where they disconnect and then reconnect a minute later to find you had been murdered and thought “that was shitty”. Even if you had a moment like that and immediately followed your thought up with “but that’s part of the game” you still should surely be able to see the attempt to make the game more enjoyable for the players. It’s entirely possible for people to come in here and say “I disagree with this note” without calling for Vekter’s public execution moments later.

Also where the fuck did this mentality come from, where wanting to find a way for people to have more fun with this sandbox roleplaying game got you branded as a Manuelmin trying to stomp on innocent Sybil players?
Personally I'm not a big fan of admins giving people poorly justified rule 0 notes/bans.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #646740

NoxVS wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:07 am I really don’t get the mental breakdown people are having over this.

2 reasons

1- it seems to be Vekter a lot
2- manuelmins are the guides to "proper" roleplay, and if a players roleplay in an 8 bit pixel game is deemed "wrong" they get punished (the recent name appeal thread is a good example) this applies even moreso when the roleplaying admins step onto the light roleplaying servers.

for the record though, I agree with the note. if an 8 bit pixel spaceman is just standing there and doesnt react at all to you MURDERING him, take a quick look to see if hes even connected. and by god if hes disconnected, stuff him in a locker and hope he comes back for you to murder at a later time. you don't have to be unpolite about murder in this game.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #646743

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:51 pm for the record though, I agree with the note. if an 8 bit pixel spaceman is just standing there and doesnt react at all to you MURDERING him, take a quick look to see if hes even connected. and by god if hes disconnected, stuff him in a locker and hope he comes back for you to murder at a later time. you don't have to be unpolite about murder in this game.
normally? yes. but if your target happens to be SSD, for an antag like heretic (that requires you to repeat this several times), i wouldn't blame you for killing them anyways.
unless you're actively looking for who's SSD and rerolling until you get them, it's tough luck
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #646749

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:51 pm

2 reasons

2- manuelmins are the guides to "proper" roleplay, and if a players roleplay in an 8 bit pixel game is deemed "wrong" they get punished (the recent name appeal thread is a good example) this applies even moreso when the roleplaying admins step onto the light roleplaying servers.

for the record though, I agree with the note. if an 8 bit pixel spaceman is just standing there and doesnt react at all to you MURDERING him, take a quick look to see if hes even connected. and by god if hes disconnected, stuff him in a locker and hope he comes back for you to murder at a later time. you don't have to be unpolite about murder in this game.
It's like the school in spy x family where they are expecting true class from the children
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #646751

You have to actually unlock the ability to reroll your targets too and if there's multiple heretics the other influences can already be nabbed.

If you are ssd and reconnect to being murdered just go play another server (I did that when my computer crashed and i rejoined and was dead)
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #646753

if I have been stalking my target waiting for them to be in a secluded area and the instant they are they go ssd im just taking the freebie
Weston Echard on Sybil
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #646765

Timonk wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:52 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:51 pm

2 reasons

It's like the school in spy x family where they are expecting true class from the children
i only watch hunterxhunter
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #646766

ah, my bad, i have no idea how heretics work since that one time i rolled it asked dean for help and he killed me saying it was a teaching moment
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #646796

BONERMASTER wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:02 pm
NoxVS wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:07 am I feel like even if you disagree with this being a note, you should be able to be sympathetic for what it was trying to achieve.
Nox, I am just not sure what the note is trying to achieve. Because as far as I can tell, as a humble player class user, I would have looked at 1. Antag? ☑️ 2. LRP? ☑️ and that would have been the end of my involvement.
If the player that was killed was SSD, then that also means that Vekter started the bwoink on his own volition and went out of his way to punish him on his own accord. I mean, that sounds like misconduct to me, if we are being honest.

With curious regards
-BONERMASTER
This an example of MRP creep coming to LRP servers and to be honest it's why Manuel was probably a mistake.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #646802

dirk_mcblade wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:45 am This an example of MRP creep coming to LRP servers and to be honest it's why Manuel was probably a mistake.
There has never been any MRP creep coming to LRP servers. LRP is still roleplay, and rule 12 existed ages before Manuel ever did, it just got dropped and some point and had to be added back to remind people of the old ways.

You have always been playing a roleplaying server. You will roleplay and you will like it.
Rohen_Tahir wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:43 pm Personally I'm not a big fan of admins giving people poorly justified rule 0 notes/bans.
Could probably argue it is rule 12, not rule 0. And the justification is probably "its really fucking lame to get DCed for a minute and return to find you had been murdered". Can we all at least agree that this is kinda lame, and it would be nice if it didn't happen, even if we didn't agree that it should be actionable?
BONERMASTER wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:02 pm If the player that was killed was SSD, then that also means that Vekter started the bwoink on his own volition and went out of his way to punish him on his own accord. I mean, that sounds like misconduct to me, if we are being honest.

I expected better of you lawyer man, refusing to look into the publicly available logs, where you would have seen the SSD player return, to instead spread misinformation and use it to accuse Vekter of misconduct? Shame. I would like to call for your immediate disbarment for this blatant misrepresentation of the facts.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #646803

NoxVS wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:01 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:45 am This an example of MRP creep coming to LRP servers and to be honest it's why Manuel was probably a mistake.
There has never been any MRP creep coming to LRP servers. LRP is still roleplay, and rule 12 existed ages before Manuel ever did, it just got dropped and some point and had to be added back to remind people of the old ways.

You have always been playing a roleplaying server. You will roleplay and you will like it.
Rohen_Tahir wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:43 pm Personally I'm not a big fan of admins giving people poorly justified rule 0 notes/bans.
Could probably argue it is rule 12, not rule 0. And the justification is probably "its really fucking lame to get DCed for a minute and return to find you had been murdered". Can we all at least agree that this is kinda lame, and it would be nice if it didn't happen, even if we didn't agree that it should be actionable?
BONERMASTER wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:02 pm If the player that was killed was SSD, then that also means that Vekter started the bwoink on his own volition and went out of his way to punish him on his own accord. I mean, that sounds like misconduct to me, if we are being honest.

I expected better of you lawyer man, refusing to look into the publicly available logs, where you would have seen the SSD player return, to instead spread misinformation and use it to accuse Vekter of misconduct? Shame. I would like to call for your immediate disbarment for this blatant misrepresentation of the facts.
Local admin malds on different local admins behalf
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #646805

If anything a heretic sparing a catatonic crewmember is anti role-play. What heretic would give up a free sacrifice?

MRP isn't higher level of roleplay, it's just shittier roleplay that I sincerely believe is used as a crutch by worse players upset over getting gamered on by LRP server players.

Sorry but shit happens. I have a worse connection than 90% of the playerbase and I accept the risk that I could get killed while SSD. Playing a game is a voluntary activity.
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #646810

idk, the note should had never been placed on the guy since he was an antag. But lets say antags aren't immune to a lot of the rules. In order to prove it was a rule 12 /rule 0 violation you would need to check logs to see if he examined the target for being ssd before picking a target. Am not going log diving and since even if he did he would need to high roll the target out of his 3 options. I doubt he did this.

As well the note itself was pretty vague and left out the fact he was antag which I take a big issue with since that changes the story quite a bit and could possible in the future eat him an extended ban for having a "bad history" of killing people if he made a bad call as a head/sec. I also find it pretty convenient that he let that little detail slip through the cracks and I think head admins should look into why he did to look for bad faith since it would change an future admin's opinion on the note.
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #646821

First of all, I am not a lawyer, but even if I was, I am not required to fact check whatever my client is saying, there is no rule for me having to "know the truth" so I would simply take the truth as is. If it happens to be incorrect, then that's very tragic, and if you find issue with this procedure, you would be welcome to file a complaint to the bar association to that regard.

Second, in the game.txt there are 7406 messages, in the attack.txt you have 7989 messages. There is no name mentioned in the appeal. How am I supposed to cross reference through all these messages, who the person in question was?
And also, just so you are aware, you don't have access to a-say logs as a player, so it is also not possible for players to figure out if an a-help conversation even happened to begin with.

All in all, it is clear that you are harassing me, and I will move to strike your question and also moving for sanctions for harassment and being annoying. See you in court!!!

With transparent regards
-BONERMASTER

CursedBirb
Byond Username: Cursed Birb

Post by CursedBirb » #646827

wubli wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:17 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:51 pm for the record though, I agree with the note. if an 8 bit pixel spaceman is just standing there and doesnt react at all to you MURDERING him, take a quick look to see if hes even connected. and by god if hes disconnected, stuff him in a locker and hope he comes back for you to murder at a later time. you don't have to be unpolite about murder in this game.
normally? yes. but if your target happens to be SSD, for an antag like heretic (that requires you to repeat this several times), i wouldn't blame you for killing them anyways.
unless you're actively looking for who's SSD and rerolling until you get them, it's tough luck
I believe that rolling for ssd is much harder now due to starting with random targets and the fact that ritual that allows to reroll require you to reach second ability of path which is like i think 7 points from the start. So its not that easy to roll ssd now
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #646829

Extremely mediocre note, DC'd people in public areas should not have a magic force field protecting them from antags who need them dead on any server which doesnt require kills be 2-man roleplayed out.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #646830

this was already resolved when the thread was made
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #646954

Locking peanuts where admins clearly fuckup just makes us look petty
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #646960

MrStonedOne wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:08 pm Locking peanuts where admins clearly fuckup just makes us look petty
Players should not be expected to bite their tongue towards admins who fuck up, even in minor ways. They are allowed to express their frustration, and all of our admins are capable of handling it.
Big respect. People are going to be 100% understandably upset, not just in this situation but in a large majority of administrative situations.
Hugs
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #646961

I like Vekter, and I don't find a lot of the remarks being made very constructive. but locking a peanut about admin misconduct because you consider it resolved is a pretty clear double standard, admins shouldn't be protected from criticism more than a player.
Boot

Post by Boot » #646962

MrStonedOne wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:08 pm Locking peanuts where admins clearly fuckup just makes us look petty
based
Image Image
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #646964

For the sake of full transparency, I am going to post the ticket log that led to this appeal. Players can draw their own conclusions from it based on what Mothblocks said.
Spoiler:
From Ticket #2 during round 186586 on Sybil
Ticket opened at 2022-07-13 21:14:50 by vekter
Log:
21:14:50: Ticket Opened by-vekter: Hey, try not to sack people who are SSD, please. Kind of dickish.
21:15:48: Reply from-bobama: when my targets go ssd am i supposed to just stop playing manuelmin??
21:16:58: Reply from-vekter: No, but if you see someone who's SSD, it might be better to wait a second and see if they come back. That guy said he was reconnecting and you sacked him while he was dropped. Which isn't really something you have control over, but it's still dickish to just toss someone if they're SSD.
21:17:23: Reply from-vekter: Remember, your goal is to make the round interesting for people, not necessarily to win at all costs.
21:19:36: Reply from-vekter: Do you understand what I'm asking of you? Also I didn't put you there, I have no idea how you got there.
21:20:40: Reply from-bobama: yeah I'll try not to round remove ssd people
21:21:35: Vekter/(Pleiades IX) has created a note for BOBAMA<br />Asked not to round remove SSD people if he can help it.
21:21:39: Resolved by Vekter
---- No futher messages ----
This ticket was generated by Statbus v.0.14.0
If you disagree with any assertions about their rudeness or hostility, consider that players only have to deal with admins intermittently. Admins have to deal with constant player abuse on a daily basis. Nobody, player nor admin, honestly knows what kind of day the other person has had and being shitty to eachother for no reason doesn't benefit anyone. The best course of action is for everyone to be excellent to each other, because at the end of each screen is another real life person.

I disagree at calling this a Manuelmin moment, though. This note would almost certainly have been removed on Manuel as well. This wasn't a case of Vekter applying the MRP rules, but instead just applying their own personal discretion. It would be wonderful if players could stop attributing every decision they disagree with as being a Manuelmin moment.

My feedback would be:
That more investigation would have been helpful, as the ticket itself had no conversation with the player to understand what they were doing and why. It would have completely removed the need to note, and opening in a more neutral tone would have avoided the player biting back.
To double check note wordings are useful to other admins and won't be misrepresentative of the incident.
To keep in mind that antags exist to play to win on LRP, and must be able to do so to provide any meaningful challenge the crew. While Rule 4 isn't sacred, broadly speaking it overrides Rule 12 on LRP and - I may be corrected here - But I believe it was explicitly stated during internal discussions when Rule 12 was brought in that it didn't apply to antags. Although we never codified it as such.
The more discretion you exercise in your judgement calls, the more you should check in with adminbus first to gather additional views and opinions on if the player's conduct has broken any rules or should be noted if they haven't exactly broken any rules but you feel the need to ask them not to do certain behaviours or actions.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #646966

Timberpoes wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:18 pm21:14:50: Ticket Opened by-vekter: Hey, try not to sack people who are SSD, please. Kind of dickish.
This was not an acceptable opener for a ticket by Vekter, and definitely got the adminhelp off on the wrong foot. Presumptive of the player's guilt, and he straight up called him a dick in the opening line of the adminhelp. This is unacceptable conduct.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #646967

In your note you were extremely hostile to what was a fairly mundane opening adminhelp
-> Admin calls player a dick -> Player calls admin Manuelmin -> This is somehow "Extreme Hostility" from the player and a "mundane opening" from the admin.

Not gonna lie, calling that "Extreme hostility" kinda lowers my trust for admins describing the tone of conversations.
Last edited by CPTANT on Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #646968

Timberpoes wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:18 pm Admins have to deal with constant player abuse on a daily basis.
Victim blaming
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: