Peanut thread - Lucy cicero brawls with her friends, gets banned.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Peanut thread - Lucy cicero brawls with her friends, gets banned.

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #647093

Peanut thread for: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32117

Basically, Lucy Cicero keeps fighting with her friends in public areas for no legit IC RP reasons, and it's apparently interfering with shifts. The ban reason implies they have been spoken to about this issue before, therefore making this most likely a ban under rules 0&1. However, something tells me a lot of people might not agree with the ban, hence the peanut thread.

Free fuel for you guys to reeee about - I agree with the ban - if you're noted for something, you stop doing it and you appeal the note if you disagree with it. Ignoring the note and continuing your actions regardless, it's your own fault if you get banned for that. Of course, this is ASSUMING they were noted for this in the past, I can only work based on assumptions here, but the ban reason does imply they have been.
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Re: Peanut thread - Lucy cicero brawls with her friends, gets banned.

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #647095

idk, this sounds like an ic issue to me. Just get sec to arrest them and give them time rather than than a boring admin response. A three day ban for this seems pretty harsh as well if no one outside of the group of friends was hurt.
Last edited by Shellton(Mario) on Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #647101

we were beating the shit out of eachother and a couple of pissy medmains took offense to it and whinged to the admins
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #647104

If you're so punch happy take it to holodeck or library instead of medbay
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
XII3912
Byond Username: EMX55

Post by XII3912 » #647105

toemas wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:26 am we were beating the shit out of eachother and a couple of pissy medmains took offense to it and whinged to the admins
bombing medbay is just a good deed now not a act of terror ngl
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #647106

Archie700 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:49 am If you're so punch happy take it to holodeck or library instead of medbay
a fight in medbay is fine if i was there i wouldnt have a issue unless they were hurting people who weren't involved. im not too sure HOW it can affect anybody
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #647111

Archie700 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:49 am If you're so punch happy take it to holodeck or library instead of medbay
Little squabbles breaking out in departments is a good thing, it adds life to them. The conflict and chaos is part of why it’s fun to play a multiplayer game. If the goal was a job simulator with peace and quiet, LRP isn’t the best option.
Spoiler:
toemas

Post by toemas » #647113

A few people beating each other up has no impact on anyone's round and isn't worthy of admin intervention
toemas

Post by toemas » #647114

some of you guys have such huge sticks up your ass I swear
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #647115

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:40 am
Little squabbles breaking out in departments is a good thing, it adds life to them. The conflict and chaos is part of why it’s fun to play a multiplayer game. If the goal was a job simulator with peace and quiet, LRP isn’t the best option.
uHm iTs lOw RoLePlAy nOt "nO rOlEpLaY"
toemas

Post by toemas » #647117

me beating the living shit out of my friends for no reason whatsoever creates more roleplay opportunities then doing my job would
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #647118

How often do you have brawls with your metagang in order to have admin involvement twice
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #647119

Did he stop fighting with his metafriend when his coworkers told him to stop or gtfo to a boxing ring? Or was the admin interaction the first pushback the behaviour received? (I’m talking about over time, not just the banning instance)
► Show Spoiler
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #647123

Not that I know the full context for this, but there's a big difference between the occasional brawl and something that consistently happens round after round after round.

As a CMO main we have a lot of issues with brawling in the department, and its usually just spillover rage/aggression from outside incidents. Generally I let it play out till someone's crit then evict the other person if they're not just stopping at that point. But this is the general chaos and emergent brawls that are part of the game.

If you added on top of this a bunch of people just hanging around your department and fighting constantly, round after round after round, yeah, it gets irritating, and serial shittery of medical as a department is something I'd ahelp eventually to.

Two sides to every coin and it's all in the bigger picture. Which I don't have the context for. But everyone seems to be talking like this is over some singular event, when it's stated as being otherwise in the appeal.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #647124

Farquaar wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:42 am Did he stop fighting with his metafriend when his coworkers told him to stop or gtfo to a boxing ring? Or was the admin interaction the first pushback the behaviour received? (I’m talking about over time, not just the banning instance)
They have been explicitly warned against continuing this exact same behavior twice before during the last six months, with a whole lotta notes peppered in between about greytiding and being a general pain in the ass to their fellow players.

This ban should not come as a surprise.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #647127

Metagang deleted. Job done.
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #647129

every once in a while it's fine, but the thing is combat drama is super distracting and has a chance of attracting confused people that don't know the situation, generating even more drama. I see friendly fights like this all the time and often sec will get involved and due to push spam by the friend fight mob, resort to flashbangs which ends up involving even more annoyed people. Purposely doing it in high traffic areas is on the verge of conflict baiting because people can and will get hit mistakenly in the process.

And I know from personal experience that if you tell these kinds of people to take it elsewhere not only will they ignore you or tell you no, but they will go out of there way to have the fight in the exact same area if you remove them from it, out of spite.

It would be different if you told the department in advance "hey me and my friends are gonna throw hands do you care if we brawl here" but that's really never the case. Just players that don't care about others needlessly causing drama in a department for their own entertainment because they only care if they are having fun, not if others aren't. They pick high traffic areas to do this in just to disrupt others.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #647132

I don't think anyone here is going to pretend like this stuff doesn't happen. Medical Doctor is my 2nd most played role and it is very normal that assistants will run in fighting eachother, break every table then use up the meds to do it all over again. Now like everyone else I enjoy this once in awhile but there have been days where its happened 3-4 times in a row and that seems abit excessive.
Image Image
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #647133

People can just fight their buddies in a rage cage or something. If they want a real conflict, then they should just let it happen naturally, rather than trying to initiate it with their metafriends constantly with no IC prompt, as that's pretty NRP and detracting.
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #647134

Turbonerd wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:54 pm People can just fight their buddies in a rage cage or something. If they want a real conflict, then they should just let it happen naturally, rather than trying to initiate it with their metafriends constantly with no IC prompt, as that's pretty NRP and detracting.
Its something 2 people are doing on a lrp server to enjoy themselves i don't think you need to "let it happen naturally" if 2 metafriends wanna fight each other that's fine.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #647136

Just don't do it in a place that's going to fuck up other players' rounds.

This isn't hard.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #647138

I tend to enjoy Lucy's presence in a round I'm playing in, but even I will admit it gets realllly annoying when people come through medbay treating every glass table as a free shove-stun, which generates a shitload of shards that people without shoes (often from losing a leg, sometimes from having a reptile dysfunction, etc.) fall over.

That's on top of how generally distracting it is when MDs or doctorssistants are trying to get people back into the round in a timely manner.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #647141

we should really handle these spontaneous brawls the same way ERP servers handle public sexual role play, which is to tell them to take it somewhere private. tired of fuckers bringing their brawl role play into the medical bay. it gets crowded enough in there. also we dont want to see two idiots beating the shit out of each other round after round. it’s really not that interesting.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #647142

Actively fighting in a department that is not yours is incredibly disruptive AND it takes the enjoyment from those players away who now have your dumb shit forced upon them. Take it to a fucking rage cage, not during an active emergency and where you're not welcome. This shit isn't hard
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #647144

One of my concerns is not the brawling, one concern is that they:

A) Beat the shit out of each other until one dies.
B) Takes them to medbay.
C) As soon as they are resuscitated, they immediately go back to killing each other.

This was very, very common on 2020 Bagil. Dean Ivanov and Korol Konets (and other misc. tiders) would have these huge hallway brawls lasting up to 30 minutes and up. The brawl was consensual by all parties participating, so that had been a “NOT NO ROLEPLAY” issue (although no one seemed to mind it)- the issue is in relation to Medical!

I’ve tried to address this IC, where Medical gets fed up after they immediately waste 10 minutes bringing someone back after they were husked/delimbed/severely wounded/etc., all because they had a fight. And, immediately after Medical does their due diligence to triage their patients appropriately and decide who should get back in the round first, they slide right off the bed and immediately get the shit kicked out of them in under five minutes, nulling all of the work they just did for something so utterly selfish.

If it was murdered by an antagonist or something completely incidental, I doubt it would have been seen this way. It just really boils my blood (IC!) whenever I see that pattern happen, when shitters beat the shit out of out shitters, and they take the -ters to Medical to heal just so they can regain their shit, and then immediately beat the shit out of each other again. I humbly ask all reading this to at least respect the time of the person who actually gives a rat’s ass about your life, because when all of the “good” people in Medical get fed up with this and leave- you get a consistently shittier department.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #647147

Pandarsenic wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:08 pm I tend to enjoy Lucy's presence in a round I'm playing in, but even I will admit it gets realllly annoying when people come through medbay treating every glass table as a free shove-stun, which generates a shitload of shards that people without shoes (often from losing a leg, sometimes from having a reptile dysfunction, etc.) fall over.

That's on top of how generally distracting it is when MDs or doctorssistants are trying to get people back into the round in a timely manner.
you could just make them reinforced glass table instead those don't break when you shove someone on them

Why not just not revive them ?? or borg them??
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #647148

san7890 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:08 pm I’ve tried to address this IC, where Medical gets fed up after they immediately waste 10 minutes bringing someone back after they were husked/delimbed/severely wounded/etc., all because they had a fight. And, immediately after Medical does their due diligence to triage their patients appropriately and decide who should get back in the round first, they slide right off the bed and immediately get the shit kicked out of them in under five minutes, nulling all of the work they just did for something so utterly selfish.
I hate public brawling as much as the next guy (it's annoying, confuses new players, and often results in collateral damage). However, people in medbay are free to not revive people being killed over and over by being morons. If you keep dying over and over, whether in public or in a rage cage, medbay isn't obligated to waste time healing you.
► Show Spoiler
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #647149

Farquaar wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:36 pm I hate public brawling as much as the next guy (it's annoying, confuses new players, and often results in collateral damage). However, people in medbay are free to not revive people being killed over and over by being morons. If you keep dying over and over, whether in public or in a rage cage, medbay isn't obligated to waste time healing you.
They are free to not revive people, but wouldn’t it qualify as meta-information if you refuse to heal the same shitter one round because one them they had brawl injuries? What if they were legitimately killed (as in, not brawled, but killed by an antagonist) and were left to rot in the morgue as they were trying to reform? It’s a very nuanced thing, and I have seen Medical give people who waste their times the boot from medbay, what really sucks is when they get fed up of the doctor’s kicking them out for their bullshit so they just start swiping supplies instead.

Also, keep in mind it can only take one bad shift to completely turn someone off a job forever. To all: Please don’t be the key reason to that shift being miserable FNR.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #647150

Using medbay as your own playground to break all the tables, use up all the supplies, and then scream at doctors for not healing you just makes you an asshole. Go play in the holodeck medisim, or make a rage cage full of glass tables.
celularLAmp wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:17 pm
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
toemas

Post by toemas » #647153

the ban seems fair enough the more I think about it, knowing now that she already got in trouble for it like three times. I'm just irritated that I got noted when nobody asked me to leave, if they just asked me to cut it out I probably would have obliged; my involvement in the fight when it moved to med central was a fairly short span of time
Last edited by toemas on Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
toemas

Post by toemas » #647154

i have received numerous threats of violence from helplesscrane after informing them that I did not receive a ban. When will someone put a stop to this menace to society
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #647158

Lucy requested headmin review. We'll see what happens. I dont think she has a leg to stand on though. Multiple notes she never bothered to appeal about the same exact issue. This one seems pretty cut and dry to me, personally, it's on her for not contesting the priors, and it's on her for continuing to repeat the same behavior.
Tgent007
Byond Username: Tgent007

Post by Tgent007 » #647160

Lacran wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:12 am How often do you have brawls with your metagang in order to have admin involvement twice
Almost every single shift we do this is usually in the hallways or bar, usually not in medbay they just got unlucky and thank god I wasn't there to catch a note that time.
Zybwivcz
Byond Username: Zybwivcz

Post by Zybwivcz » #647163

Shellton(Mario) wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:55 am Just get sec to arrest them and give them time
*bwoink* I notice you arrested an innocent assistant who did nothing wrong can you explain why you're such a monster?
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #647165

ive been waiting fucking forever to use this fuck you lucy

toemas

Post by toemas » #647166

toemas wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:57 pm i have received numerous threats of violence from helplesscrane after informing them that I did not receive a ban. When will someone put a stop to this menace to society
this was a joke
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #647170

Shellton(Mario) wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:55 am idk, this sounds like an ic issue to me. Just get sec to arrest them and give them time rather than than a boring admin response. A three day ban for this seems pretty harsh as well if no one outside of the group of friends was hurt.
I very rarely play Sybil as I'm a MRP min, but every time I've played Sybil Lucy and their metagang constantly harrassed medical(I'm a med main). This went on for a majority of every round with both medical and security trying to make them leave. This is what rule 12 is for, go larp your hunger games match in the holodeck, Lucy >:v
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #647171

the expectation here is really easy too -- i played a round yesterday where I was so bored I just did shove fights with Sunstarer for like forty minutes. without any communication and just with being smart about where I walked to, it was kept isolated to just like the bridge (where nobody was the entire time) and, after I got revived at one point, medbay maint
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #647172

Zybwivcz wrote:
Shellton(Mario) wrote: Just get sec to arrest them and give them time
*bwoink* I notice you arrested an innocent assistant who did nothing wrong can you explain why you're such a monster?
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #647176

Here's an indication of how 1/3rd of the headmin review will go:
I banned Icepacks for doing this exact thing once in the past when he was LARPing hunger games with one of his random metafriends and breached medbay lobby throwing explosives at them.

If you play on tg just to LARP Hunger Games with your metafriends, you may want to consider doing that on a private server. You get to make your own rules, you can metacom with eachother - And let's face it, we know you're all chatting to eachother during shifts, it's exactly what I'd be doing if I played SS13 just to shit around with my friends, fight eachother, heal eachother, then fight some more all day every day and none of the rest of the server need to deal with your extended singleplayer experience.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #647178

having a peter griffin vs chicken style feud with someone all shift is peak tg and im sad to see this ban
Weston Echard on Sybil
toemas

Post by toemas » #647180

blackdav123 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:50 pm having a peter griffin vs chicken style feud with someone all shift is peak tg and im sad to see this ban
so very true my friend!
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #647183

Timberpoes wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:33 pm

And let's face it, we know you're all chatting to eachother during shifts, it's exactly what I'd be doing if I played SS13 just to shit around with my friends,
No as somebody that does this almost regularly we are actually not chatting to each other believe it or not IC communication usually occurs during these fights
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #647186

blackdav123 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:50 pm having a peter griffin vs chicken style feud with someone all shift is peak tg and im sad to see this ban
This is like the whole "kid plays with the box instead of the toy" trope but actually its more like "kid ignores toy and box to choke his brother into crit repeatedly"
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #647194

RaveRadbury wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:22 am This is like the whole "kid plays with the box instead of the toy" trope but actually its more like "kid ignores toy and box to choke his brother into crit repeatedly"
Me when I see my sons strangling each other instead of playing with their toys
https://youtu.be/jZ6nF6JKtRc
► Show Spoiler
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #647202

wubli wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:58 pm
Zybwivcz wrote:
Shellton(Mario) wrote: Just get sec to arrest them and give them time
I don't think it's a good point because you can just say

"i arrested them because they were attacking each other"
"oh okay"

plus zyb would probably harmabaton or perma both of them

RaveRadbury wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:22 am
This is like the whole "kid plays with the box instead of the toy" trope but actually its more like "kid ignores toy and box to choke his brother into crit repeatedly"
My karate teacher and one of my friends way back when we made a "How to play video games with others" but it was all about how not to (hogging controller attacking each other etc throwing shoes at each other)
helplesscrane
Byond Username: Helplesscrane

Post by helplesscrane » #647205

bad ban
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #647213

Good ban
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #647218

I still don’t really understand the ban. Should people avoid fighting in departments? It’s only a problem if it keeps happening I suppose but I find myself in fights very often - do I now have to ensure all of them take place in the halls to avoid the possibility of disturbing someone and getting noted?

That’s a bit silly to me. If you’re not actually preventing people from doing their job, e.g. healing people, then your presence itself really shouldn’t be ahelpable.
Spoiler:
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #647219

upheld ban