beheaded virologist peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

beheaded virologist peanut

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #647938

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32165

tl;dr Virologist creates a deadly virus with contact transmission and infects an antagonist, who then infects many more people and dies. Viro then gets banned for insulting admin in ahelps.
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Re: beheaded virologist peanut

Post by massa » #648080

this guy is perma'd for evading a ban that honestly could have won an appeal and not even a badass self defense virus
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #648083

Can't blame him for ban evading, if I was spending 600 hours on a server and getting this dogshit treatment in the appeal, I would also think that the entire admin team is impaired in their mental and cognitive capabilities.
Wouldn't even bother evading myself, at that point.

This admin doesn't even know how to use their tools right, and then draws wrong conclusions from their faulty use. The punishment they derive from that is over the top, and upon being caught they then double down with the reasoning that "oh, well, you should know better" 🔫🤡.

Our viro here got decapitated while fooling around with a deadly virus, and their decrepit corpse ended up spreading the disease. Tragic, but how is getting murdered their fault? 😂
And let's say, you were that stuck up and insufferable that you still wanted to pin him down on being "irresponsible" (it's SS13, get a grip for Christ's sake... ), a plain and simple job ban would have been the more obvious and fitting route to take.

If only they didn't jump straight to ban evading, this could have been both a successful appeal AND admin complaint to boot! If only they were more OK with taking shitty administrative measures up their ass...

With dreamy regards 😴💭💭
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #648091

tgstation player "don't evade world's most appealable ban and get banned until mid 2023" challenge (Impossible)
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #648105

If even half of what the appeal said was true (virus spread by an antag murder, he was still connected but wasn't questioned, etc.) this would've been the easiest appeal in /tg/ history

And yet

here we are
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #648108

Well, you guys keep saying easiest appeal, but this bogus ban was still upheld before they evaded, and I think that says more about the admin than the appealer.

With modest regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #648110

I want to note that the original ban is a permanent ban so either:
1. Terrible history of bans and notes
2. Admin was too harsh
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #648114

i was absolutely sure this was going to be another of Yobi's appeals
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #648115

Pandarsenic wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:54 pm If even half of what the appeal said was true (virus spread by an antag murder, he was still connected but wasn't questioned, etc.) this would've been the easiest appeal in /tg/ history

And yet

here we are
Yeah looking into the public logs all I see is the guy drinks from a bottle, walks into medical, succumbs to death twice (likely from the symptoms of their own disease), and then gets beheaded by a non-antagonist CMO. Likely for spreading the death virus by walking into medical while infected with it. He isn't even infecting most people as a decapitated corpse, he infected like 16 people before his head was finally chopped off. They had infected like 3 people before dying the first time.

They could have probably argued that it doesn't deserve to be perma, but evading ruined those chances entirely.
BONERMASTER wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:19 amThis admin doesn't even know how to use their tools right, and then draws wrong conclusions from their faulty use.
BONERMASTER wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:19 amOur viro here got decapitated while fooling around with a deadly virus, and their decrepit corpse ended up spreading the disease. Tragic, but how is getting murdered their fault? 😂
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #648117

NoxVS wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:33 am -snip-
Had the Viro made any effort to warn everyone he had a death virus and shout out the cure needed?
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #648118

Archie700 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:34 am
NoxVS wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:33 am -snip-
Had the Viro made any effort to warn everyone he had a death virus and shout out the cure needed?
All the things he said beginning after he infected himself. I cut out yawning caused by the narcolepsy of the disease.

Code: Select all

[2022-02-01 15:07:28.558] SAY: Critilius/(Max Butkus) "FUCK" (Virology (56,87,2))
[2022-02-01 15:08:04.940] SAY: Critilius/(Max Butkus) "help" (Medbay Central (88,102,2))
[2022-02-01 15:08:11.641] SAY: Critilius/(Max Butkus) "FUUCK" (Medbay Treatment Center (83,99,2))
[2022-02-01 15:08:19.946] SAY: Critilius/(Max Butkus) "i ahve aids" (Medbay Treatment Center (83,99,2))
[2022-02-01 15:08:32.152] SAY: Critilius/(Max Butkus) "SHIIT" (Medbay Treatment Center (83,99,2))
[2022-02-01 15:08:50.804] EMOTE: Critilius/(Max Butkus) seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless... (Medbay Treatment Center (84,102,2))
[2022-02-01 15:10:20.830] WHISPER: Critilius/(Max Butkus) "d" (Medbay Treatment Center (85,105,2))
[2022-02-01 15:10:20.832] EMOTE: Critilius/(Max Butkus) seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless... (Medbay Treatment Center (85,105,2))
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #648119

d
d
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #648120

d
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #648121

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #648122

san7890 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:29 am
d
d
d
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #648124

d
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #648134

I don't think first time offence of a virologist letting a virus escape should be a perma ban.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
mindstormy
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Mindstormy

Post by mindstormy » #648248

I honestly felt bad about how this one played out. When this all went down were in in a dark period of serial evaders playing normally to get enough hours to play viro, then making death viruses to ruin the station every chance they got. This guy just got caught up in that and that was why I responded with a perma ban pretty quickly. I did fuck up here in not seeing they took over the HoP and I will admit that. We are all humans and fuckups happen. But don't evade bans it makes simple problems much much worse.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #648278

mindstormy wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:38 pm I honestly felt bad about how this one played out. When this all went down were in in a dark period of serial evaders playing normally to get enough hours to play viro, then making death viruses to ruin the station every chance they got. This guy just got caught up in that and that was why I responded with a perma ban pretty quickly. I did fuck up here in not seeing they took over the HoP and I will admit that. We are all humans and fuckups happen. But don't evade bans it makes simple problems much much worse.
You could at least investigate the logs to see if the story matches up and his note history.
Because from what NoxVS revealed, his story about how he tried to get it cured is...dubious at best.