i have a take about the alice heart banning

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

i have a take about the alice heart banning

Post by Stickymayhem » #648402

Bottom post of the previous page:

banning both the pedo ancap AND the drama stirring video poster was absolutely based

chad shit

raise the minimum age on station to 18 why are we ok with naked 17 year old catgirls

i will not be taking questions

good job headmins

all ancaps are sus

inb4 this turns into a "we let the gays in look what happened" moment though but jokes on you we let the ANCAPS in and this is what happened ok you fucking degens

FUCK ALSO PEANUT I GUESS viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32192
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Re: i have a take about the alice heart banning

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #648546

toemas wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:17 pm What's your guys favorite cereal. Mine is froot loops
Back when I was a Regular Cereal Eater, I tended to like cheerios with fruit yoghurt.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #648547

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:31 am
Stickymayhem wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:24 am
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:38 am
Stickymayhem wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:53 pm
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:12 pm
Stickymayhem wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:03 pm
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:41 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:19 pmAlso I find it absolutely hilarious Sticky actually got someone banned by forcing them into the logical conclusions of the ancap position and making it look so bad they get banned for biting the bullet.
The worst part is, following the screencapped discord messages in the video you're referencing, Sticky and I sat down in a voice call for a couple of hours, and he logically and coherently went through the issues of anarchocapitalism with me, and I ADMITTED I WAS WRONG and that the system Sticky was proposing was most likely a better alternative, because I had simply never heard anyone describe anarchocommunism, and like I told him during the conversation, I merely wanted to go with whichever system I thought had the least amount of violence, suffering, coercion, etc.

Which makes it all the more perplexing why he's being such a dick to me in this thread. I have proven, with Sticky, twice, that I am both willing to listen to counterarguments, and willing to admit that I'm wrong on a topic and change my mind accordingly. I also admitted he was right when it came to the dog brothel conjecture, and so I asked him for vegan cooking tips to start trying to wean myself off of meat.

Also, back on topic of my appeal being peanutted, I've added a new post, showcasing who the real drama-stirrer is.
I'm not being a dick I just think running around as a naked 17 year old is cringe and your takes were sus even after our conversation
Sticky, there is not a single time I came to an argument in bad faith and you know it. I never mis-represented arguments. I never heckled you. I was always willing to listen no matter how deep down the rabbit hole we went, whether it was the weed smokers unions, the spherical cows, or the imaginary dog brothels, and at the end of things, if you fully explained yourself, I admitted I was wrong and you were right.

You have NO reason to say anything about my arguments other than that they were incorrect, and it's REALLY fucked up to see the things you've said in this thread.
I didn't say you were bad faith I said you had bad takes even after our conversation.

I actually assumed you were banned for a bad reason until I saw what it was for.

If you're not an ancap anymore then my anti-ancap sentiment here doesn't apply to you, just dont politically support an ideology that maximizes the potential for THE BAD THING and then defend THE BAD THING in other contexts. It just makes it look like you don't actually want to avoid THE BAD THING
The point is, you're doubting that the reasons I make arguments are because they're genuine conclusions I've come to, and instead that I'm acting in bad faith by making certain arguments because I have different motives - like when I said I disagreed with rule 11 on the grounds that it was an overstepping of admin authority, and you accused me of just wanting to say the n word, but when you actually check my logs, turns out, no, in my entire time here I've never said it once.

Which, by the way, was ANOTHER time you just sat down and discussed the issue logically with me and I agreed you were right about the rule in the end. So you have no fucking reason to accuse me of bad faith motivation for arguments Sticky.

When I said what I said about "the bad thing" at the beginning of this drama, it's because that was my conclusion, not because I secretly enjoy the content. And I don't appreciate you, the one person who knows better than anyone else in this community that I always act in good faith, implying otherwise.

And don't try to say "I'm not!", You're not saying it outright, but saying "it makes it look like you're not trying to avoid the bad thing" it's REALLY clear what you're implying Sticky, especially since you started the thread off by calling me a pedo.
If you reread what I wrote you'll realize that what I'm saying is your behaviour is identical to patterns of behaviour of someone avoiding the bad thing while being motivated to proxy argue in favour of the bad thing in some domain.

You can interpret it as me trying to trick everyone into thinking you're into that shit, or you can take it as the critique it was intended as - that you're indistinguishable from some very suspect people and should change how you're discussing or advocating for things to avoid an entire community thinking you are one of those very suspect people.
I don't care if the peanut gallery thinks that about me Sticky, I care if YOU think that about me, because you're one of the few people in this community who's opinion I actually care about because you've proven that you're someone who will also sit down and argue things in good faith, instead of screeching like a chimpanzee. If what you're saying is true, and you genuinely aren't trying to get people to think I'm "into that shit", as you say, then I want you to edit the original post in this thread to not call me a pedo any more.
Do you think loli is pedophilia?

I ask because I can't really conceive of a realistic scenario where someone doesn't think so and it isn't to make themselves feel better about participating in it.

It would be absolutely deranged and self-destructive for you to admit this right now, so we're at an impasse where we don't have the nuance required to unpack it, and you really just have to say that loli is pedophilia for you to get out of the situation. Ironically if you're into that shit, in order to escape the trap you've put yourself in you have to admit that the content you consume is pedophilic content, in order to publicaly absolve yourself and be declared not a pedo.

So to shake the shackles of the accusation off, you have to either truthfully admit you have no interest and that loli is pedoshit, or lie about you having no interest in it and admit that loli is pedoshit, thus admitting to yourself that the content you consume is pedophilic.

I think both of these outcomes are good, because you should de-normalize consumption of loli and move away from it if possible if it's not actually preventing more harmful outcomes and you just fell into it by association with anime or 4chan or whatever.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648548

Stickymayhem wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:01 am
Stickymayhem wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:24 am
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:38 am
Stickymayhem wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:53 pm
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:12 pm
Stickymayhem wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:03 pm
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:41 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:19 pmAlso I find it absolutely hilarious Sticky actually got someone banned by forcing them into the logical conclusions of the ancap position and making it look so bad they get banned for biting the bullet.
The worst part is, following the screencapped discord messages in the video you're referencing, Sticky and I sat down in a voice call for a couple of hours, and he logically and coherently went through the issues of anarchocapitalism with me, and I ADMITTED I WAS WRONG and that the system Sticky was proposing was most likely a better alternative, because I had simply never heard anyone describe anarchocommunism, and like I told him during the conversation, I merely wanted to go with whichever system I thought had the least amount of violence, suffering, coercion, etc.

Which makes it all the more perplexing why he's being such a dick to me in this thread. I have proven, with Sticky, twice, that I am both willing to listen to counterarguments, and willing to admit that I'm wrong on a topic and change my mind accordingly. I also admitted he was right when it came to the dog brothel conjecture, and so I asked him for vegan cooking tips to start trying to wean myself off of meat.

Also, back on topic of my appeal being peanutted, I've added a new post, showcasing who the real drama-stirrer is.
I'm not being a dick I just think running around as a naked 17 year old is cringe and your takes were sus even after our conversation
Sticky, there is not a single time I came to an argument in bad faith and you know it. I never mis-represented arguments. I never heckled you. I was always willing to listen no matter how deep down the rabbit hole we went, whether it was the weed smokers unions, the spherical cows, or the imaginary dog brothels, and at the end of things, if you fully explained yourself, I admitted I was wrong and you were right.

You have NO reason to say anything about my arguments other than that they were incorrect, and it's REALLY fucked up to see the things you've said in this thread.
I didn't say you were bad faith I said you had bad takes even after our conversation.

I actually assumed you were banned for a bad reason until I saw what it was for.

If you're not an ancap anymore then my anti-ancap sentiment here doesn't apply to you, just dont politically support an ideology that maximizes the potential for THE BAD THING and then defend THE BAD THING in other contexts. It just makes it look like you don't actually want to avoid THE BAD THING
The point is, you're doubting that the reasons I make arguments are because they're genuine conclusions I've come to, and instead that I'm acting in bad faith by making certain arguments because I have different motives - like when I said I disagreed with rule 11 on the grounds that it was an overstepping of admin authority, and you accused me of just wanting to say the n word, but when you actually check my logs, turns out, no, in my entire time here I've never said it once.

Which, by the way, was ANOTHER time you just sat down and discussed the issue logically with me and I agreed you were right about the rule in the end. So you have no fucking reason to accuse me of bad faith motivation for arguments Sticky.

When I said what I said about "the bad thing" at the beginning of this drama, it's because that was my conclusion, not because I secretly enjoy the content. And I don't appreciate you, the one person who knows better than anyone else in this community that I always act in good faith, implying otherwise.

And don't try to say "I'm not!", You're not saying it outright, but saying "it makes it look like you're not trying to avoid the bad thing" it's REALLY clear what you're implying Sticky, especially since you started the thread off by calling me a pedo.
If you reread what I wrote you'll realize that what I'm saying is your behaviour is identical to patterns of behaviour of someone avoiding the bad thing while being motivated to proxy argue in favour of the bad thing in some domain.

You can interpret it as me trying to trick everyone into thinking you're into that shit, or you can take it as the critique it was intended as - that you're indistinguishable from some very suspect people and should change how you're discussing or advocating for things to avoid an entire community thinking you are one of those very suspect people.
I don't care if the peanut gallery thinks that about me Sticky, I care if YOU think that about me, because you're one of the few people in this community who's opinion I actually care about because you've proven that you're someone who will also sit down and argue things in good faith, instead of screeching like a chimpanzee. If what you're saying is true, and you genuinely aren't trying to get people to think I'm "into that shit", as you say, then I want you to edit the original post in this thread to not call me a pedo any more.
Do you think loli is pedophilia?

I ask because I can't really conceive of a realistic scenario where someone doesn't think so and it isn't to make themselves feel better about participating in it.

It would be absolutely deranged and self-destructive for you to admit this right now, so we're at an impasse where we don't have the nuance required to unpack it, and you really just have to say that loli is pedophilia for you to get out of the situation. Ironically if you're into that shit, in order to escape the trap you've put yourself in you have to admit that the content you consume is pedophilic content, in order to publicaly absolve yourself and be declared not a pedo.

So to shake the shackles of the accusation off, you have to either truthfully admit you have no interest and that loli is pedoshit, or lie about you having no interest in it and admit that loli is pedoshit, thus admitting to yourself that the content you consume is pedophilic.

I think both of these outcomes are good, because you should de-normalize consumption of loli and move away from it if possible if it's not actually preventing more harmful outcomes and you just fell into it by association with anime or 4chan or whatever.
Well unfortunately, I can't respond to this post due to my prior forum warning on having (or rather, trying to have, before getting screeched at) this very conversation. So I guess there's nothing more to say, other than that I wish you were just present in the original thread that started all of this so we could have had a normal conversation about it and avoided all this drama in the first place.

I guess if you can convince RaveRadbury to say "oh my god fine, just have the conversation already so we can once and for all just logically come to the conclusion about whether or not it's pedo" then we could just wrap this up one way or another, but otherwise, my hands are tied.
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #648549

It's not up for debate that loli can fit under pedophilia. Loli comes from Lolita (the book about a 12 year old girl) in Japan, the basis of being a Lolicon is the viewing of drawn prepubescents in a sexual manner or context.

You can argue they are a 3000, year old vampire, but loli is about them having the features of a child.

You can consume that content without harming actual children, but within the context of sexuality, it is definitionally a form of pedophilia.
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648550

Lacran wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:19 am It's not up for debate that loli can fit under pedophilia. Loli comes from Lolita (the book about a 12 year old girl) in Japan, the basis of being a Lolicon is the viewing of drawn prepubescents in a sexual manner or context.

You can argue they are a 3000, year old vampire, but loli is about them having the features of a child.

You can consume that content without harming actual children, but within the context of sexuality, it is definitionally a form of pedophilia.
I would be more than happy to sit down and have this conversation, hell, I would be happy to sit in a vc with 500 people from the community, where Sticky and I hashed this out, and if he, or anyone else, like you, wanted to chime in, and logically and coherently responded to anything I had to say on the matter, and ultimately proved I was wrong, I would gladly admit I was wrong, as I've admitted I was wrong on multiple topics in the past, including on topics like veganism, rule 11, anarchocapitalism, etc. I WAS WRONG ON THESE TOPICS.

However, we can't have that conversation at this point, because certain people respond to the topic with nothing but abuse, and I've already been warned for bringing it up.

So, sorry, I can't concede, because we can't have a conversation about it. Blame thomas and friends for freaking out about differing opinions instead of addressing them for the current situation.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #648551

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:06 am
I guess if you can convince RaveRadbury to say "oh my god fine, just have the conversation already so we can once and for all just logically come to the conclusion about whether or not it's pedo" then we could just wrap this up one way or another, but otherwise, my hands are tied.
I think aside from the lolcow value of you trying to defend this, the sane admin move would be rather to just forum ban you than deal with that bullshit and be done with it. It would probably reflect more positively on the server's overall appearance as well to do that.
I don't care if the peanut gallery thinks that about me Sticky, I care if YOU think that about me, because you're one of the few people in this community who's opinion I actually care about because you've proven that you're someone who will also sit down and argue things in good faith, instead of screeching like a chimpanzee.
See this is where you're fucking up. Sticky is just as much an ape as any other person is and you seemingly just have Stockholm syndrome because you talked to him for a few hours and he tried to persuade you using FACTS and LOGIC to stop being fucked up. Not that he's wrong about saying you seem to be into some weird shit, he's just not your friend during this kind of discussion and I don't see why you're expecting something else. Doesn't seem to indicate good judgment.
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648552

dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:47 am
I don't care if the peanut gallery thinks that about me Sticky, I care if YOU think that about me, because you're one of the few people in this community who's opinion I actually care about because you've proven that you're someone who will also sit down and argue things in good faith, instead of screeching like a chimpanzee.
See this is where you're fucking up. Sticky is just as much an ape as any other person is and you seemingly just have Stockholm syndrome because you talked to him for a few hours and he tried to persuade you using FACTS and LOGIC to stop being fucked up. Not that he's wrong about saying you seem to be into some weird shit, he's just not your friend during this kind of discussion and I don't see why you're expecting something else. Doesn't seem to indicate good judgment.
There are 5 people I respect on these forums: Sticky, sinfulbliss, oranges (although I'm also convinced he is a literal psychopath), Timberpoes, and Mothblocks. I've seen them consistently and repeatedly respond to issues with hard facts and logic, instead of incoherent ape screeching. Yeah, I like it when people persuade me on issues logically - is there an issue with that? And here's the thing - he didn't TRY to persuade me, he DID persuade me, multiple times.

I don't know what Sticky thinks of me, but I'd be more than happy to be his friend.

Edit: I said some additional things in this post that were uncalled for. I'm editing this post to remove them.
Last edited by Imitates-The-Lizards on Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #648553

Honestly Alice only said what they think the term "loli" means. And what they said isn't really wrong, It is frequently used to describe people who only look young instead of being actual children.

I think it doesn't really matter because I feel it is just used as a form of plausible deniability by people who like pedo stuff.

Still this entire shitstorm over Alice citing a not uncommon definition of the term when someone specifically asked and framing this as defending pedo stuff is a bit.....weird.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #648554

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:02 am
There are 5 people I respect on these forums: Sticky, sinfulbliss, oranges (although I'm also convinced he is a literal psychopath), Timberpoes, and Mothblocks. I've seen them consistently and repeatedly respond to issues with hard facts and logic, instead of incoherent ape screeching. Yeah, I like it when people persuade me on issues logically - is there an issue with that? And here's the thing - he didn't TRY to persuade me, he DID persuade me, multiple times.

I don't know what Sticky thinks of me, but I'd be more than happy to be his friend.

Is it Stockholm Syndrome when only Sticky is treating me like a fucking human in this whole fucking conversation? Is responding to that positively your idea of a fucking mental illness? You're a sick fuck for implying I shouldn't be more positive towards Sticky when everyone else here is forming a lynch mob against me.
He blasted you in the OP, fool. Rightfully so since you're just being a dunce and steadily exhausting the benefit of the doubt.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #648555

CPTANT wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:07 am Honestly Alice only said what they think the term "loli" means. And what they said isn't really wrong, It is frequently used to describe people who only look young instead of being actual children.

I think it doesn't really matter because I feel it is just used as a form of plausible deniability by people who like pedo stuff.
He's almost certainly wrong. Why is there a separate term for chibi then?

The only excuse available is if Japanese people using that term never heard of Lolita, which I think is an excuse predicated on a condescending presumption of ignorance, but still available. Any Westerner with a minimal cultural awareness knows of that book and therefore the term is a reference to that book. It's a loaded term and defending it is futile, especially when the term chibi exists.

Take for example this metal gear solid fanart of a chibi Snake and Otacon some tumblrna drew that I just googled when attempting to look up the in-game chibi version of Otacon from MGS2 for this post. Would you refer to this as loli? No, you wouldn't. At least I don't think you would. Because there's a certain "thing" that loli communicates and everyone knows it except for basement dwellers.
Attachments
tumblr_76f7fbefc6663018c96bad272d2147e5_507c0c2a_500.png
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648556

dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:08 am
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:02 am

Is it Stockholm Syndrome when only Sticky is treating me like a fucking human in this whole fucking conversation? Is responding to that positively your idea of a fucking mental illness? You're a sick fuck for implying I shouldn't be more positive towards Sticky when everyone else here is forming a lynch mob against me.
He blasted you in the OP, fool. Rightfully so since you're just being a dunce and steadily exhausting the benefit of the doubt.
I'm editing this post, because, upon reflection, I over-reacted here, and said some things I shouldn't have.
Last edited by Imitates-The-Lizards on Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #648559

dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:26 am
CPTANT wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:07 am Honestly Alice only said what they think the term "loli" means. And what they said isn't really wrong, It is frequently used to describe people who only look young instead of being actual children.

He's almost certainly wrong. Why is there a separate term for chibi then?

The only excuse available is if Japanese people using that term never heard of Lolita, which I think is an excuse predicated on a condescending presumption of ignorance, but still available. Any Westerner with a minimal cultural awareness knows of that book and therefore the term is a reference to that book. It's a loaded term and defending it is futile, especially when the term chibi exists.

Take for example this metal gear solid fanart of a chibi Snake and Otacon some tumblrna drew that I just googled when attempting to look up the in-game chibi version of Otacon from MGS2 for this post. Would you refer to this as loli? No, you wouldn't. At least I don't think you would. Because there's a certain "thing" that loli communicates and everyone knows it except for basement dwellers.
Chibi is just a specific artstyle with small bodies and enlarged heads, it has literally nothing to do with this discussion. If you google the definition of the term loli you will find many top answers that say the same as Alice. The question that comes from this isn't "which is the actual right term", which I don't care about since semantics discussions are boring. The question is "is someone who cites this common definition instead of another defending pedo stuff".

I will also reiterate that I think loli stuff is disgusting, in fact I think the majority of all hentai is disgusting because it obviously depicts underage characters. But that isn't the question, the question is the one I mentioned above.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #648560

This thread is just a dumpster fire that I am loving to watch burn
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #648562

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:31 am
You are absolutely disgusting. You don't see what I'm saying at all:

You, and almost everyone else involved in this fucking drama, are not treating me like a fucking human, you don't care about the person behind the screen, you want to hurt me, and more than that, you're gleeful to do so, and when I found one fucking person who actually talks to me normally (and yes, Sticky DID blast me in the OP, but he also genuinely tried to respond to my arguments later, and I have full faith in him that if we had a conversation and I proved I was right to him, he would have edited his post and apologized), you gaslight me by saying I'm mentally ill with Stockholm Syndrome for liking them, as if there's something wrong with me for responding like any other person would have done in the same situation, because it is somehow INCONCEIVABLE that I would like someone who responds to me rationally.

Do you think I'm a fucking crab person? Because you clearly expect some kind of response from me that isn't human.
I've made plenty of rational responses to your points. I've pointed out why some of your ideas are problematic for the server in other threads and instead of addressing those points you pulled the victim card by claiming you got doxxed by people for using the rope you gave them against you (even though you weren't actually doxxed as far as I could tell).

This is a reasonably anonymous forum. All you have to do is walk away and there's no harm to you. It's okay to fail at persuading other people.

My belief is that you're probably a hurt person in some way since you're getting upset about a pseudonymous reputation, and this is some kind of proxy for something going on in real life. That in it of itself is okay, but it's not anyone's responsibility to help you, and to be honest, many of us have bigger problems right now. Furthermore, most of us aren't trained at actually helping other people and we could do more harm than good trying to. Lastly, if you actually are as sick as some people think you are, it might be better for society if you remained maladjusted and you aren't practiced in how to blend in socially. A wolf in sheep's clothing and all that.

My sincere advise to you, if you're actually upset right now, is to work towards getting some professional help, some kind of talk therapy, so you can fix whatever the underlying issues are that are getting you this upset, rather than ask for social acceptance in a hostile environment. You'd be better off fixing behavioral issues sooner rather than later. Like I said previously, this is a low cost situation for you right now and you can just take a break.
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648563

dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:57 amMy sincere advise to you, if you're actually upset right now, is to work towards getting some professional help, some kind of talk therapy, so you can fix whatever the underlying issues are that are getting you this upset, rather than ask for social acceptance in a hostile environment. You'd be better off fixing behavioral issues sooner rather than later. Like I said previously, this is a low cost situation for you right now and you can just take a break.
The reason I'm upset is because you said I have a mental illness (Stockholm Syndrome) for liking someone for responding to me rationally on a regular basis before, not because of something going on in my personal life.

It's incredibly dehumanizing, because the implication is you expected some other kind of response from me for that situation, even though that's an incredibly obvious and natural response.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #648564

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:09 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:57 amMy sincere advise to you, if you're actually upset right now, is to work towards getting some professional help, some kind of talk therapy, so you can fix whatever the underlying issues are that are getting you this upset, rather than ask for social acceptance in a hostile environment. You'd be better off fixing behavioral issues sooner rather than later. Like I said previously, this is a low cost situation for you right now and you can just take a break.
The reason I'm upset is because you said I have a mental illness (Stockholm Syndrome) for liking someone for responding to me rationally on a regular basis before, not because of something going on in my personal life.

It's incredibly dehumanizing, because the implication is you expected some other kind of response from me for that situation, even though that's an incredibly obvious and natural response.
It's probably more of an insult to sticky to be honest, you're the patty hearst to his SLA
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #648566

I really reccomending you reread what dirk told you about getting help. Yeah, some people here aren't treating you right, some people on here are mean or unfair and I can sympathize.

None of us know the real you, but what I think a lot of people here are saying, is you behave in a manner that draws negativity. it's effort to deal with people who are contrarian or have very different beliefs than you, it's very tiring when they also behave in somewhat childish and oblivious manner while also getting very worked up in defending positions that seem very poorly thought out and to top it off, they don't seem to be very good at changing or addressing the barriers they face that lead to these points of conflict and frustration.

There's a lot of people here that have their own problems too, and I can definitely relate to some of the issues I feel you are confronting here. It is really important that you understand that while ultimately everyone deserves respect and kindness, communities are not one size fits all, the amount of effort or discomfort people will be willing to deal with to interact with you will usually correspond to the positives you add to the community.

You are dealing with some childish bullies, the reason people aren't going out of their way to defend you in most cases is because you really don't seem to be able to behave in a way that isn't very off-putting and somewhat inconsiderate.
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648567

dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:29 am
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:09 am

It's probably more of an insult to sticky to be honest, you're the patty hearst to his SLA
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume whatever this boomer reference is means you didn't just openly admit to dehumanizing me like I accused you of doing, and we can drop this here.
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648568

Lacran wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:47 am I really reccomending you reread what dirk told you about getting help. Yeah, some people here aren't treating you right, some people on here are mean or unfair and I can sympathize.

None of us know the real you, but what I think a lot of people here are saying, is you behave in a manner that draws negativity. it's effort to deal with people who are contrarian or have very different beliefs than you, it's very tiring when they also behave in somewhat childish and oblivious manner while also getting very worked up in defending positions that seem very poorly thought out and to top it off, they don't seem to be very good at changing or addressing the barriers they face that lead to these points of conflict and frustration.

There's a lot of people here that have their own problems too, and I can definitely relate to some of the issues I feel you are confronting here. It is really important that you understand that while ultimately everyone deserves respect and kindness, communities are not one size fits all, the amount of effort or discomfort people will be willing to deal with to interact with you will usually correspond to the positives you add to the community.

You are dealing with some childish bullies, the reason people aren't going out of their way to defend you in most cases is because you really don't seem to be able to behave in a way that isn't very off-putting and somewhat inconsiderate.
This is a pretty fair criticism. I probably could and should have approached a lot of things better. I appreciate the heartfelt response, at least.

Maybe you're right. If nothing else, maybe I need help on learning to interact more positively with people. I'll reflect on what you've said.
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #648569

Alice, the best advice I can give you is to just walk away. There are 0 wins you can get out of this thread.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #648570

dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:57 am I've made plenty of rational responses to your points. I've pointed out why some of your ideas are problematic for the server in other threads and instead of addressing those points you pulled the victim card by claiming you got doxxed by people for using the rope you gave them against you (even though you weren't actually doxxed as far as I could tell).

This is a reasonably anonymous forum. All you have to do is walk away and there's no harm to you. It's okay to fail at persuading other people.

My belief is that you're probably a hurt person in some way since you're getting upset about a pseudonymous reputation, and this is some kind of proxy for something going on in real life. That in it of itself is okay, but it's not anyone's responsibility to help you, and to be honest, many of us have bigger problems right now. Furthermore, most of us aren't trained at actually helping other people and we could do more harm than good trying to. Lastly, if you actually are as sick as some people think you are, it might be better for society if you remained maladjusted and you aren't practiced in how to blend in socially. A wolf in sheep's clothing and all that.

My sincere advise to you, if you're actually upset right now, is to work towards getting some professional help, some kind of talk therapy, so you can fix whatever the underlying issues are that are getting you this upset, rather than ask for social acceptance in a hostile environment. You'd be better off fixing behavioral issues sooner rather than later. Like I said previously, this is a low cost situation for you right now and you can just take a break.
Gonna be honest setting aside Typhnox's creepy behaviour / opinions, if we're dishing out unsolicited advice, I'd say that "If you care whether the majority of people in a community you've been in for years think you're a horrible disgusting pervert you're a damaged person projecting irl trauma who needs professional help" is one stone cold sociopathic take.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648571

Shellton(Mario) wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:01 pm Alice, the best advice I can give you is to just walk away. There are 0 wins you can get out of this thread.
I wish I could, believe me, but this is my only avenue of discussion on this matter. The headmins aren't exactly bringing me in for an interview to ask me for my side on matters, im out of the discord, so I can't gather logs or screenshots for my defense (the ones I got were from a helpful 3rd party), and my appeal thread is locked, because a bunch of people keep peanut posting in it. So it's "I stay in this thread, and I basically have to respond to everything", or people just assume the worst about what it is I'm accused of, because I won't be there to counter the terrible things being said about me.

Believe me, I never wanted ANY of this drama. I have a lot of faith in Timberpoes and Mothblocks to look at everything I've said and done rationally, and that I'll come out on top in the end because my initial ban reason is blatantly incorrect, but who knows? For all I know, instead of dismissing the ban, they could be poring over every log they have access to to try and cook up some other ban reason for me they think they could get away with - I don't think they are, because they're great headmins, but, again, I just genuinely don't know what they're doing.

So all I can do is sit here and suffer in this thread until they post a response.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #648572

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:04 pm
Gonna be honest setting aside Typhnox's creepy behaviour / opinions, if we're dishing out unsolicited advice, I'd say that "If you care whether the majority of people in a community you've been in for years think you're a horrible disgusting pervert you're a damaged person projecting irl trauma who needs professional help" is one stone cold sociopathic take.
Don't worry, I'm one of the good sociopaths.
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #648573

toemas wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:04 am -snip-

san you probably eat booger cereal
:(
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #648574

https://tgstation13.download/dip/discordimageproxy.php/attachments/ ... y06zYz.mp4 have you seen this cool bug its an orchid mantis
i dont have a take about the alice heart banning that im willing to put in a peanut thread though so hopefully this cool bug makes up for it :)
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #648575

Do not download. Causes mustard gas
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #648578

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:39 pm https://tgstation13.download/dip/discordimageproxy.php/attachments/ ... y06zYz.mp4 have you seen this cool bug its an orchid mantis
i dont have a take about the alice heart banning that im willing to put in a peanut thread though so hopefully this cool bug makes up for it :)
Once again this proves moth mains are better than khajit mains. But also I'm not clicking that.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #648586

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:39 pm i dont have a take about the alice heart banning that im willing to put in a peanut thread
Why not?

Do not be afraid to express your opinion even if it’s controversial or a “bad take” that others would disagree with!!

On a similar note I’ve been surprised that basically no admins except Sticky have given their honest take on this whole situation in the forums, aside from the standard “oh hoh hoh this one’s a doozy!”
Spoiler:
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #648587

Alice why don't you debate me on stream and if I'm convinced I'll personally advocate for your salvation with all the clout available to me (two politics shitposters and one dog brothel proprietor will have your back)
san7890
In-Game Game Master

Post by san7890 » #648589

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:31 pm -snip-

On a similar note I’ve been surprised that basically no admins except Sticky have given their honest take on this whole situation in the forums, aside from the standard “oh hoh hoh this one’s a doozy!”
It's futile to have a "steaming hot take" on it to peddle out to the masses because approximately 99% of admins have no final say in the outcome. Of course, you can chat/convince the people who are tasked with mopping it up, but I think that sometimes you need to try to take a back seat, let whoever's charged with handling a headache handle the headache, and do their best to not publically undermine/throw them under the bus. Creates bad animosity/discord if you were to do that, and I'd like to think that same 99% are all capable adults who don't want to start as much shit as possible.

Also, you are not regarding literally anything said in the peanut thread (now closed). I think there was at least one admin take there.
Last edited by san7890 on Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #648590

Still this entire shitstorm over Alice citing a not uncommon definition of the term when someone specifically asked and framing this as defending pedo stuff is a bit.....weird.
they were absolutely defending it, they made like 10 posts about it in the thread defending it, you are wrong
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #648591

san7890 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:36 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:31 pm -snip-

Also, you are not regarding literally anything said in the peanut thread (now closed). I think there was at least one admin take there.
I looked through to fact-check myself before I posted that and no, not a single one aside from Sticky!
san7890 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:36 pmIt's futile to have a "steaming hot take" on it to peddle out to the masses because approximately 99% of admins have no final say in the outcome. Of course, you can chat/convince the people who are tasked with mopping it up, but I think that sometimes you need to try to take a back seat, let whoever's charged with handling a headache handle the headache, and do their best to not publically undermine/throw them under the bus. Creates bad animosity/discord if you were to do that, and I'd like to think that same 99% are all capable adults who don't want to start as much shit as possible.
If bad animosity is created because you expressed your opinion on a peanut thread that suggests you might have chosen a different approach than the headmins tasked with handling it, then that's just sort of sad. People should be able to have differences of opinion while still respecting the other's view and accepting the final decision they make.

My honest reaction:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojWEA6DSSvI
Spoiler:
san7890
In-Game Game Master

Post by san7890 » #648592

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:50 pm I looked through to fact-check myself before I posted that and no, not a single one aside from Sticky!
i'm pretty sure ducks is an admin that provided a take more than "this is a doozy".
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #648595

ive been gone for like 2 months did xenobio get reworked yet
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #648596

toemas wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:38 pm

they were absolutely defending it, they made like 10 posts about it in the thread defending it, you are wrong
Why didn't anybody just say this before instead of all the vague shit flinging.
toemas

Post by toemas » #648597

CPTANT wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:12 pm

they did
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #648598

toemas wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:13 pm
CPTANT wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:12 pm

they did
No the only thing they managed to reproduce was that one post.
san7890
In-Game Game Master

Post by san7890 » #648599

nianjiilical wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:09 pm ive been gone for like 2 months did xenobio get reworked yet
probably will never happen at this rate
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648600

Stickymayhem wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:33 pm Alice why don't you debate me on stream and if I'm convinced I'll personally advocate for your salvation with all the clout available to me (two politics shitposters and one dog brothel proprietor will have your back)
I'd love to Sticky, but, after I went swimming, relaxed a while, calmed down... honestly, I've already said too much in these threads.

I don't think it would help the current situation, and, actually, it would have really good chances of making the situation worse, because even though I think there's a 90% chance this would be perfectly fine and civil and just end with me calmly admitting you're right and I was wrong all along, when you examine the current situation, the people who kicked up all this drama are upset I defended that position at all. So bad actors would start clipping any arguments I made, posting them in the discord, and it would turn my current ban where the ban is blatantly wrong, into a ban where the reason is actually correct.

I think, the best thing for me to do right now, is only defend what I absolutely have to, and let the headmins review and discuss things, and eventually come to the conclusion that this ban is wrong.

I'd love to once this is all over though, Sticky.

Also, what the hell, you would only advocate for me if I win, and not if I just admit I was wrong? Harsh.

Edit: Oh right, we can totally do a private call if you want to though. I'm more than happy to make a forum post afterwards saying we discussed it and I admit that I'm wrong if that is the eventual conclusion. However, doing anything public would be a bad idea due to my ban reason, because malicious people could misconstrue that as "that darn Alice causing more drama by defending lolicon", even if I ultimately say that I am wrong.
Last edited by Imitates-The-Lizards on Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
toemas

Post by toemas » #648601

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:17 pm So bad actors (yes, I mean you thomas and tgent) would start clipping any arguments I made, posting them in the discord
I wasn't involved in any of that genius, literally all I did was make a ban appeal. Im literally banned from the discord so I don't even know how you were able to come to this conclusion, your clearly delusional
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648602

toemas wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:24 pm
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:17 pm So bad actors (yes, I mean you thomas and tgent) would start clipping any arguments I made, posting them in the discord
I wasn't involved in any of that genius, literally all I did was make a ban appeal. Im literally banned from the discord so I don't even know how you were able to come to this conclusion, your clearly delusional
All right toemas. I'm sorry. I've edited my post.
toemas

Post by toemas » #648603

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:49 pm
toemas wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:24 pm
All right toemas. I'm sorry. I've edited my post.
thanks
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #648604

Stickymayhem wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:33 pm Alice why don't you debate me on stream and if I'm convinced I'll personally advocate for your salvation with all the clout available to me (two politics shitposters and one dog brothel proprietor will have your back)
Just stop it, already. Jesus christ.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #648614

Can we stop talking about Bea socks PLEASE

It has to end someday
I decide the day is today
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #648617

I think toemas is the Messiah and should be crucified.
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #648622

i think we should be allowed to stir shit if the person deserves it

there is a limit of what people should tolerate or discuss rationally

at some point you have to say fuck it and just tell the person they're moronic

pedophilla is never ever something people should agree to disagree on
celularLAmp

Post by celularLAmp » #648624

thats not the only thing that alice said

(they also said this but deleted it because of backlash from others (myself included because theyre gross)

why are people pretending that they didn't say this is it willing ignorance?

you say you admit you are wrong but then

so what is it is it people being upset justifiably over something or is it bad faith posters??
people have reason to be upset with you with what you said and all the other behaviour you've done

people who defend you most of the time don't really know what you said or didn't read before it was deleted (or didn't watch video)
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #648640

nianjiilical wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:09 pm ive been gone for like 2 months did xenobio get reworked yet
Skeleton dot png captioned "Waiting for xenobio rework"
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648659

celularLAmp wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:47 pm

thats not the only thing that alice said

(they also said this but deleted it because of backlash from others (myself included because theyre gross)

why are people pretending that they didn't say this is it willing ignorance?

you say you admit you are wrong but then

so what is it is it people being upset justifiably over something or is it bad faith posters??
people have reason to be upset with you with what you said and all the other behaviour you've done

people who defend you most of the time don't really know what you said or didn't read before it was deleted (or didn't watch video)
For the record, I didn't delete any of my posts from that thread - or if I did, I certainly don't recall doing so. I believe the admin team deleted them.
celularLAmp

Post by celularLAmp » #648664

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:07 am
CPTANT wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:07 am -snip-

-snip-
For the record, I didn't delete any of my posts from that thread - or if I did, I certainly don't recall doing so. I believe the admin team deleted them.

is that supposed to be a good thing? I MEAN the admins saved your ass most of the time by deleting you embarassing yourself or locking threads when ppl dog pile on you

(this thread to be locked soon)
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648668

celularLAmp wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:27 am
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:07 am
CPTANT wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:07 am -snip-

-snip-

is that supposed to be a good thing? I MEAN the admins saved your ass most of the time by deleting you embarassing yourself or locking threads when ppl dog pile on you

(this thread to be locked soon)
Yes, it is. Because my argument has always been that I'm arguing things in good faith, and that I'm more than willing to admit that I'm wrong once I'm proven wrong. By keeping my posts up despite the drama, it means that I genuinely believed what I typed. If I had made those posts originally in bad faith because I had ulterior motives, like secretly being a lolicon, then I would just be deleting them in hopes that the drama would go away.

Like I said earlier, when I said those things, they were my genuine conclusions, with no ulterior motives. I believe what I typed.

Which, by the way, what that means for this conversation is that you aren't "owning the hecking pedo", it means that you're just punishing someone for coming to the wrong conclusion, even though there's nothing wrong with that.
Last edited by Imitates-The-Lizards on Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.