Emergency Shuttle Bannut: A little bit hot, A little bit cold

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Emergency Shuttle Bannut: A little bit hot, A little bit cold

Post by san7890 » #648996

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32218

I’m making this peanut because it’s always been astounding to me how people physically can’t hold in their End Of Round Grief (EORG) tendencies for less than two minutes it takes to get to CentCom. It’s even more interesting in that they were warned about this exact thing too.

I like killing people as much as the next guy, but please hold your stuff in your baggage until the ride-of-doom has come to a complete stop.
Last edited by san7890 on Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: Emegency Shuttle Bannut: A little bit hot, A little bit cold

Post by Mothblocks » #649000

I like killing people as much as the next guy
@FBI @CIA @DOD @MSO
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #649001

I hate it when people pull out their weapons and stuff for EORG before the round actually ends, as that ruins the immersion for the last few seconds. On a similar note, I hate it when people make their EORG preparation blatantly obvious, such as carrying a TTV to the shuttle. It's not bad when it's concealed until the round ends, but it's just so NRPlike when you see a couple of scientists carrying their TTVs in the shuttle in front of everyone.
san7890
In-Game Game Master

Post by san7890 » #649004

Turbonerd wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:21 am -snip-

It's not bad when it's concealed until the round ends, but it's just so NRPlike when you see a couple of scientists carrying their TTVs in the shuttle in front of everyone.
“Aw jeez, I hope an ANTAGONIST doesn’t SHOVE ME and STEAL MY TTV to MANUALLY OPEN THE VALVE, TRIGGERING THE EXPLOSION. That would be POSITIVELY AWFUL.”
Mothblocks wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:01 am
I like killing people as much as the next guy
@FBI @CIA @DOD @MSO

My dog’s honest reaction to that information.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #649006

san7890 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:50 am viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32218

I’m making this peanut because it’s always been astounding to me how people physically can’t hold in their End Of Round Grief (EORG) tendencies for less than two minutes it takes to get to CentCom. It’s even more interesting in that they were warned about this exact thing too.

I like killing people as much as the next guy, but please hold your stuff in your baggage until the ride-of-doom has come to a complete stop.
Its a real struggle for some of my homies out there to be patient.
Hugs
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #649034

I like your dog
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #649035

I personally love the touch where, as part of the appeal, the player informs admins that he gave someone equally destructive grenades because he thought they were a changeling, and then told them to blow up the shuttle

Not really sure what they expected when it actually happened, the "it's funny" meme died about 10 years ago
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #649047

I have a note/ban from a time that a fish named James Walker swam up to me with a signaler and said "press this" on the shuttle then I did and it exploded. I was the captain. I don't know how a fish got bombs onto the shuttle and I still don't know if it was worth it or not.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #649067

toemas wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:07 am I like your dog
How are you forum banned but also posting in the forums btw
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #649070

dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:41 pm How are you forum banned but also posting in the forums btw
skill
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Re: Emergency Shuttle Bannut: A little bit hot, A little bit cold

Post by WineAllWine » #649074

Tale as old as time
san7890
In-Game Game Master

Post by san7890 » #649136

toemas wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:07 am I like your dog
He probably likes you too :)
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #649519

Turbonerd wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:21 am I hate it when people pull out their weapons and stuff for EORG before the round actually ends, as that ruins the immersion for the last few seconds. On a similar note, I hate it when people make their EORG preparation blatantly obvious, such as carrying a TTV to the shuttle. It's not bad when it's concealed until the round ends, but it's just so NRPlike when you see a couple of scientists carrying their TTVs in the shuttle in front of everyone.
I strongly recommend security go after such players or risk being fired, out of a cannon, in to the sun, by nanotrasen for knowingly failing to stop a plot to bomb centcom, making them an assumed accessory to the plot.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #649538

MrStonedOne wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:00 pm I strongly recommend security go after such players or risk being fired, out of a cannon, in to the sun, by nanotrasen for knowingly failing to stop a plot to bomb centcom, making them an assumed accessory to the plot.
+1

If you see someone dragging their own homemade Chernobyl canister to the shuttle, stun them and space it. The amount of rage and seething that occurs when you deprive someone of their EORG is unparalleled actually.

(Half the reason they bring such things on is so that “oopsie it slipped into the wrong hands” and manages to get set off)
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #649571

I hate end of round grief its fucking cringe and stupid and the fact that its a thing on the supposed higher rp standard server is ass

If you guys want to fucking deathmatch there should be a portal to the Retard Fight Pit at centcomm so idiots can go there and spam m1 on people till they go horizontal while the rest of us can finish up our conversations about how crazy the shift was
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #649580

MrStonedOne wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:00 pm
Turbonerd wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:21 am I hate it when people pull out their weapons and stuff for EORG before the round actually ends, as that ruins the immersion for the last few seconds. On a similar note, I hate it when people make their EORG preparation blatantly obvious, such as carrying a TTV to the shuttle. It's not bad when it's concealed until the round ends, but it's just so NRPlike when you see a couple of scientists carrying their TTVs in the shuttle in front of everyone.
I strongly recommend security go after such players or risk being fired, out of a cannon, in to the sun, by nanotrasen for knowingly failing to stop a plot to bomb centcom, making them an assumed accessory to the plot.
alright but you gotta be prepared to handle the ahelp that occurs after the guy detonates his warhead after security stuns him
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #649582

iamgoofball wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:59 pm alright but you gotta be prepared to handle the ahelp that occurs after the guy detonates his warhead after security stuns him
Sounds like a trivial ban ticket (assuming no relevant context beyond the stated), presumably the seccie gets killed and if you puncture the shuttle the consequences can quickly accumulate. As per the original events of this appeal really. Damn sight easier to deal with than most tickets.

If I'm not bogged down in tickets I'll usually check in on admin explosion logs anyway and may proactively act since such things have a low ahelp rate. The events of this particular incident were both proactive and then ticketed about, though only by one person of the many who died to it (and to be fair, as a player its very hard to tell who did something a lot of the time).
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #649641

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:35 pm while the rest of us can finish up our conversations about how crazy the shift was
I think a pulse laser marine squad gunning the survivors that remain is much cooler than this personally.
Spoiler:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #649648

Nabski wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:21 am I have a note/ban from a time that a fish named James Walker swam up to me with a signaler and said "press this" on the shuttle then I did and it exploded. I was the captain. I don't know how a fish got bombs onto the shuttle and I still don't know if it was worth it or not.
James Wabbler nabski!!!