Progression traitor reputation poll

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)

What would you rather have reputation be as a gameplay element?

A way to restrict traitor items before a certain time.
55%
A way to restrict traitor items before a certain number of objectives are completed.
45%

Total votes: 33

Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Progression traitor reputation poll

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #649486

I think reputation is in a poor middle ground right now. I'm not referring to the word "reputation" that's changeable. I'm referring to the gameplay mechanic it represents.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Re: Progression traitor reputation poll

Post by Lacran » #649488

Rep system isn't the issue, I think either of these would make prog tot worse
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #649489

Lacran wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:16 am Rep system isn't the issue, I think either of these would make prog tot worse
Reputation already functions as a loose mixture of the two, no? Moreso a time gate that requires intermediate but not consistent objectives to be completed.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
XII3912
Byond Username: EMX55

Post by XII3912 » #649491

Idk why the majority voted the first option,
Nobody and I mean nobody would want to wait 30 minutes to get their favourite traitor items
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #649498

Why do people want the first?

Getting more items as a reward feels good, getting them because a certain time has passed doesn't really.

Though I think the hybrid system we have now is kinda awkwardly worst.

Actually thinking about it, I think the people that vote option 1 would probably want to revert back to old traitor and remove the progression system altogether.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #649503

i just want the side quests objectives gone and a very generous timelock (like 10 minutes) before you can buy syndicate bombs, scarp, or dswords which is why i voted for the first
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #649505

people dont want either but time locks makes me not forced to blow my cover so I'd rather do that.
Weston Echard on Sybil
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #649539

Where’s the “none of the above” option.
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #649540

I want neither. Feel like this is a rules issue that got moved to a code issue and now we have a tighter linear gameplay instead of sandbox traitor

Sad.. All because some players were too good with their antag lightsabers and stun-guns and it got old fast.
► Show Spoiler
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #649544

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:34 am Where’s the “none of the above” option.
I know right?
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Ryusenshu
Byond Username: Ryusenshu

Post by Ryusenshu » #649552

i went with the former, because it atleast doesnt force me to do poopy objectives, before i can actually do a gimmick
... and because neither isnt an answer
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #649557

If it MUST exist it'd be nice if it at least did something cool, like objectives add rep with certain subfactions whose fluff they fit and your rep balance weights your objectives and/or gear prices. Think, like, Gorlex Marauders want you to kill heads, and the more you do the cheaper guns/ammo/swords/armor get; CyberSun wants you to bug things and subvert silicons and smuggle things on the shuttle, and doing their stuff makes your stealthy/bureaucratic items cheaper; etc. + the more objectives you do of one type, the more of those objectives you get.
Last edited by Pandarsenic on Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #649558

But also the rep system is a live demonstration of the difference between complexity and depth + the furthest possible end of the spectrum away from HRP often favoring giving traitors no objectives or guidance so they can RP on their own terms.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Ryusenshu

Post by Ryusenshu » #649559

Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:18 am If it MUST exist it'd be nice if it at least did something cool, like objectives add rep with certain sun factions whose fluff they fit and your rep balance weights your objectives and/or gear prices. Think, like, Gorlex Marauders want you to kill heads, and the more you do the cheaper guns/ammo/swords/armor get; CyberSun wants you to bug things and subvert silicons and smuggle things on the shuttle, and doing their stuff makes your stealthy/bureaucratic items cheaper; etc. + the more objectives you do of one type, the more of those objectives you get.
Getting Fluff and Factions to have an impact on possible Objectives would be nice, also good for the LORE
I would like it personally
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #649583

Ryusenshu wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:24 am Getting Fluff and Factions to have an impact on possible Objectives would be nice, also good for the LORE
I personally am still very attached to the thematics of "special agent with a purpose" rather than "contractor who can do whatever they want out of the following inconsequential objectives." Not to pick on gimmicks or anything, if that's your purpose then that's your purpose.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Ryusenshu

Post by Ryusenshu » #649584

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:14 pm
Ryusenshu wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:24 am Getting Fluff and Factions to have an impact on possible Objectives would be nice, also good for the LORE
I personally am still very attached to the thematics of "special agent with a purpose" rather than "contractor who can do whatever they want out of the following inconsequential objectives." Not to pick on gimmicks or anything, if that's your purpose then that's your purpose.
I fully agree, but it would atleast make it somewhat more bearable in regards to backgrounds and how to rp that
Currently just cant find myself to enable tot again

I used to make plans with the old version, cant really with this one since objectives are rng and its just draining the fun out of it
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #649657

I think people are voting time lock because its closer to "not having to interact with the microobjective system which they dont like"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #649669

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:34 am Where’s the “none of the above” option.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #649670

Kendrickorium wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:36 am
Living God

Extraordinary Person

toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #649698

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:59 am
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #649699

There's literally nothing wrong with buying a syndicate bomb roundstart and blowing up something important. If it were up to me, 30% of a random department blowing up at the start of the round would be a station trait.
toemas wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:07 pm
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:59 am
► Show Spoiler