New Sprites

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

New Sprites

Post by cocothegogo » #652291

these new sprites all suck ass, who is approving these. captains' outfits for example have been resprited like 3 times in the last 2 years and they all look progressively worse each time.

discuss below
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: New Sprites

Post by Vekter » #652295

What sucks about them? Constructive criticism would probably be better than just saying "they're shit".
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #652299

they look good and you're stupid
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #652300

im right youre wrong were about a year away from looking like goon
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #652325

Its hit or miss, my main issue is it makes it harder to create your own outfit when the team uses different shade just because it comes from a department.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #652374

not a fan of captains pants
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #652375

The icon form of the shoes is probably one of my least favorite changes. The black on the shoes is all one color now and it's hard to see any sort of noticeable detail on them. Tables also look super monotone in color now as well.

I do like that cleaning grenades are more visually different from spray bottles now. Sometimes I'd accidentally smack someone with a cleaner grenade or change the volume of output fluid in the spray bottle and throw it into the middle of the room on so many occasions from mixing them up.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #652376

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:33 am I do like that cleaning grenades are more visually different from spray bottles now. Sometimes I'd accidentally smack someone with a cleaner grenade or change the volume of output fluid in the spray bottle and throw it into the middle of the room on so many occasions from mixing them up.
Brother something is wrong with your eyes
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #652378

TheFinalPotato wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:48 am
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:33 am I do like that cleaning grenades are more visually different from spray bottles now. Sometimes I'd accidentally smack someone with a cleaner grenade or change the volume of output fluid in the spray bottle and throw it into the middle of the room on so many occasions from mixing them up.
Brother something is wrong with your eyes
To be fair, I only briefly glance at my toolbelt inventory before grabbing something, but yeah, I sit pretty far back from my computer monitor.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #652406

There's so many command resprites, I guess since people can't add more clutter to commands locker/vendor easily they're just respriting them endlessly instead.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #652450

I like the captains new armor, it's like a cuirass which fits his whole ornamental look he has
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #652712

Vekter wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:26 pm What sucks about them? Constructive criticism would probably be better than just saying "they're shit".
Captains backpack is a slightly different shade than the suit and now captain also looks like a mall cop
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #652713

Hardsuit is a different shade too i believe
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #652771

The only new sprites I genuinely dont like is the new styling for coats and labcoats & such, they just look so strange and flared
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #652776

Timonk wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:27 pm
Vekter wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:26 pm What sucks about them? Constructive criticism would probably be better than just saying "they're shit".
Captains backpack is a slightly different shade than the suit and now captain also looks like a mall cop
okay that's fair and also sounds annoying
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #652790

Vekter wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:21 pm
Timonk wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:27 pm
okay that's fair and also sounds annoying
Honestly, I have trouble with sprites in general, it all blends together and makes identifying things difficult for me. They look good honestly, that ain't the problem. I'd say, it's that this game is overloaded with features and items, and your way of perceiving them is a small 2D sprite from this weird top-down angle. I'd even say, the way the game is visually displayed currently is no longer suited for all of the complexities and intricacies that the coders have been throwing at this game since it's existence.

So, make the jump to 3D already! You can't tell me that a handful of volunteers can't download UE 5 and implement all the existing features in a top-of-the line engine with modern coding language and access to virtually every tool that you can think of, when they've been working and toiling with this archaic garbage from BYOND within all it's innumerous limitations and still manage to bring out all the features that they want.

With progressive regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #652791

BONERMASTER wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:44 pm Honestly, I have trouble with sprites in general, it all blends together and makes identifying things difficult for me. They look good honestly, that ain't the problem. I'd say, it's that this game is overloaded with features and items, and your way of perceiving them is a small 2D sprite from this weird top-down angle. I'd even say, the way the game is visually displayed currently is no longer suited for all of the complexities and intricacies that the coders have been throwing at this game since it's existence.

So, make the jump to 3D already! You can't tell me that a handful of volunteers can't download UE 5 and implement all the existing features in a top-of-the line engine with modern coding language and access to virtually every tool that you can think of, when they've been working and toiling with this archaic garbage from BYOND within all it's innumerous limitations and still manage to bring out all the features that they want.

With progressive regards
-BONERMASTER
instructions unclear, replaced all the sprites in the game with donkey kong country style prerendered 3d sprites
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #652796

nianjiilical wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:42 am
BONERMASTER wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:44 pm Honestly, I have trouble with sprites in general, it all blends together and makes identifying things difficult for me. They look good honestly, that ain't the problem. I'd say, it's that this game is overloaded with features and items, and your way of perceiving them is a small 2D sprite from this weird top-down angle. I'd even say, the way the game is visually displayed currently is no longer suited for all of the complexities and intricacies that the coders have been throwing at this game since it's existence.

With progressive regards
-BONERMASTER
instructions unclear, replaced all the sprites in the game with donkey kong country style prerendered 3d sprites
i like that game
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #652799

I think things will be fine. Just needs a bit of time to become consistent.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #652823

Ahhhhhh they redid the radio!?
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #653079

Nabski wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:13 pm Ahhhhhh they redid the radio!?
Aw… I liked the old radios, the old one was wayy iconic.
But I admit the new one kinda looks fresh I guess. Looks like a remote with a tiny little antenna.

1B52A53E-B8DA-4F7C-99C3-D6E578CAAE48.jpeg
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #653103

No offense to my boy fikou but i miss all old head off staff hardsuit sprites
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #653104

I mean the current sprites look great and all, but
The old ones were very unique

Captain looked like robocop in a spacesuit
I can't remember HoS hardsuit
Ce didn't look like a Engineer hardsuit upgrade
CMO was a medical droid
RD hardsuit looked experimental

Now they all just look standardized (but good!!)
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #653185

Im sorry but I hate the RD modsuit with a burning passion, all the other ones are great but that one just irks me to a whole new level for some reason
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #653187

The RD modsuit should have a glowing visor like the mining modsuit and also more visible armored plating
Drag
In-Game Admin

Post by Drag » #653462

If the RD modsuit had like a sleek and futuristic look to it instead of the...clunky and awkward appearance it has I would love it. Hell I'd sacrifice to extra complexity to make it happen
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #653479

Shouldn't RD be clunky because it's still undergoing research and development while the other ones are all production models.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #653498

I agree with nabski
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #653499

Put me in your signature
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Drag
In-Game Admin

Post by Drag » #653933

Nabski wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:55 pm Shouldn't RD be clunky because it's still undergoing research and development while the other ones are all production models.
See I kinda think the opposite, because it IS the research department one would think the RD gets all the cutting edge cool shit.

That or I'm just biased towards Mass Effect aesthetic. Could be both!
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #653934

Drag wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:56 pm
Nabski wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:55 pm Shouldn't RD be clunky because it's still undergoing research and development while the other ones are all production models.
See I kinda think the opposite, because it IS the research department one would think the RD gets all the cutting edge cool shit.

That or I'm just biased towards Mass Effect aesthetic. Could be both!
It should be cutting edge but have horribke risks.

Tele armor already fulfills this by risking spacing you or trapping you somewhere you don't have access.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #654255

i still think that the cap's lasgun sprite is an active downgrade to the old one
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #654348

Most of the new drink sprites are horrible.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #654359

carshalash wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:09 pm Most of the new drink sprites are horrible.
Some are downgrades, but I feel like the vast majority of them are better. Plus it at least got rid of all the abominations that shouldn't have ever seen the light of day. Thank god we don't have the old bug spray anymore.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #654373

NoxVS wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:07 pm
carshalash wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:09 pm Most of the new drink sprites are horrible.
Some are downgrades, but I feel like the vast majority of them are better. Plus it at least got rid of all the abominations that shouldn't have ever seen the light of day. Thank god we don't have the old bug spray anymore.
Yet rouny plushy still exists
Fun fact I tried making a rouny Ian but i think it didn't make the cut because i was repo banned at the time but tiny rouny Ian looked CRISP
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: