The official I HATE BILEWORMS thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)

Should the Bileworm be nerfed?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 35

Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

The official I HATE BILEWORMS thread

Post by Epicgamer545 » #652967

I wanted to make this to see if anyone had the same problem as me

I am (of course) a shaft miner main when I don't roll AI. It WAS a chill job full of defeating simple and cleverly designed creatures, like the Brimdemon. It's a pretty good idea in general, and I have respect for the beast a bit. It can make you go into challenging situations and it has blundered my mining runs a lot. Overall, nothing was outright annoying, everything was balanced, and most of the time, it was pretty okay.

All was at peace,
until...

these THINGS arrived

don't get me started on why these things are super annoying as hell. they somehow have damage similar to a MEGAFAUNA and destroyed the mining base every time. Not only that, but they won't stop aggroing on you and annoyingly keep spawning in on you. It's a pain in the ass, and not in a clever way. Even worse, when they crit you, they just straight up eat you so someone is going to have to kill it to get to your body. It's super annoying.
I just wish they were nerfed or something like that, they don't fit the sort of "annoying but not annoying style" that lavaland has. Bileworms are not supposed to be megafauna, they are supposed to be a minion.

I died to this thing tons of times and I'm pretty sure OOC is just annoyed of them ever since
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Re: The official I HATE BILEWORMS thread

Post by san7890 » #652971

I speak about more of these here: viewtopic.php?t=32503&view=unread#unread
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #652973

I might run a few tests with them at the Thunderdome or spawn myself in for fights at LavaLand after the shuttle leaves for CentCom to test why people hate them so much firsthand, but they've definitely looked... annoying... when I've spectated miners. And that's with ghost vision letting me see the health bar and see in the dark.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #652974

san7890 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:24 am I speak about more of these here: viewtopic.php?t=32503&view=unread#unread
I should have searched for a thread like this before making one, my bad
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #652975

Epicgamer545 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:34 am
san7890 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:24 am I speak about more of these here: viewtopic.php?t=32503&view=unread#unread
I should have searched for a thread like this before making one, my bad
That's okay!
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #652977

also saying "get good" for bileworms just makes me curl up into a ball and cry for like 10 minutes, they are annoying. Even if you choke yourself, they are heavily overpowered and their damage is wayyyy too off the scale. If ANYTHING could be added to nerf this damn thing then I can finally be at peace. Seeing the mining base ultimately destroyed by a gang of bileworms, being reduced to broken glass, and metal, is getting boring as hell.

it's not that its a skill issue, every miner is annoyed about it. Spend some time with it in lavaland. and hear about how dchat is annoyed as hell with it, and you will get what I mean.
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
TheSmallBlue
Byond Username: SmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #652985

I tried to fight a goliath with a fellow miner of mine, no biggie. a bileworm shows up. With 3 of its shots it downs my partner who was too busy fighting the goliath to move out of the way, I move them out of the goliath's direct way, but I get stuck on one of their spiky things. No biggie, I still have plenty of health, I'll just scatter away. Bileworm shows up IN THE TILE IM STANDING, doing a constant amount of damage on my still body until I die. Fuck bileworms
When human I go by Bluti Kabooti, when AI I go by Azure
Comm from
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #652986

My biggest issue with them is that they always fuck up the mining base. If their projectile was just changed to not do any structural damage, that would fix 95% of their issues to me.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #652992

It's a completely alien world. It kinda makes sense that there should be some things people should just be scared of. I'm not sure why there is an expectation that people should be able to slay everything with ease. It's not a fantasy game.

I do think that San's idea of making them aggressive based on how destructive you are is an interesting idea. It lets people mine more peacefully if they are chill, but punishes people that are bullying a bunch of simplemobs or having too much fun with plasmacutters.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #652993

Epicgamer545 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:41 am Even if you choke yourself
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #652994

Lavaland should be difficult really, it's farm npcs for free loot. It should absolutely be difficult and when something that proves to be a 1% challenge comes along we shouldn't scream to nerf it. I've got 150hrs on mining or something, so it's not like I'm a super HAHA FUCK MINERS player either, I just think there should be a difficulty. Their attack pattern isn't the most hard to learn either man, it comes off as a huge skill issue.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #652995

kieth4 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:38 pm Lavaland should be difficult really, it's farm npcs for free loot. It should absolutely be difficult and when something that proves to be a 1% challenge comes along we shouldn't scream to nerf it. I've got 150hrs on mining or something, so it's not like I'm a super HAHA FUCK MINERS player either, I just think there should be a difficulty. Their attack pattern isn't the most hard to learn either man, it comes off as a huge skill issue.
Ok but can we remove it's ability to damage structures?
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #652998

► Show Spoiler
do not open if shaft miner main
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #653000

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:38 pm
kieth4 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:38 pm Lavaland should be difficult really, it's farm npcs for free loot. It should absolutely be difficult and when something that proves to be a 1% challenge comes along we shouldn't scream to nerf it. I've got 150hrs on mining or something, so it's not like I'm a super HAHA FUCK MINERS player either, I just think there should be a difficulty. Their attack pattern isn't the most hard to learn either man, it comes off as a huge skill issue.
Others can push shit around and break it too, just don't lead it to the lavaland base???
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #653001

icewatchers are 1000% more bs than the worms
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #653004

MMMiracles wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:57 pm
► Show Spoiler
do not open if shaft miner main
I shitted myself
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #653005

kieth4 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:25 pm
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:38 pm
Others can push shit around and break it too, just don't lead it to the lavaland base???
Honestly its pretty hard to NOT lead it to the base when they don't stop following or agroing on you. Sure, others can too, but bileworms always just teleport in and do constant damage to the base. I admit that there's some things in this game that I have a skill issue over, it's just that it's kind of ridiculous.
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:53 am
Epicgamer545 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:41 am Even if you choke yourself
sorry for the bad word choice :(
Capsandi wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:31 pm icewatchers are 1000% more bs than the worms
I agree with this, but the watchers kind of have less damage than the bileworms. At least, if I remember correctly, they can be destroyed in a few hits and give a reward. The only reward bileworms have is the materials to make a horn.
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #653007

As miner main, I love both bileworms and ice watchers, since they actually provide some challenge. Ice watchers being aggressive and hard to escape and whelps giving you less tolerance for mistakes is why I love icebox mining.
► Show Spoiler
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #653010

I don't like them eating the body of the miner, that's a cool meme that the legion has seems weird to give it to something else.
Image Image
TheSmallBlue
Byond Username: SmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #653011

I don't actually think bileworms are that bad, the main problem I have is how common they are. Ice watchers are as annoying but they're way more bearable because they aren't EVERYWHERE. You can't walk for 30 seconds before 3 bileworms are on you.
When human I go by Bluti Kabooti, when AI I go by Azure
Comm from
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #653012

Above. Maybe they should not be nerfed, but more rare. If their agro is altered a bit to deagro, then I could possibly live with it. It just need a few tweaks.
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #653035

Bile worms are mini colossus. They have FULL ARMOUR PENETRATION, and do like 15 less damage than a colossus. All while never de aggroing.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #653054

Sounds like fauna should probbably pick a selection from

- ultra aggro follows you forever
- super common
- teleports on top of you
- ranged attack
- Valueless to hunt deliberately
- High damage
- Body hider

Rather than taking the lot
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #653195

noob stay mad
johnfulpwillard
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: John Willard

Post by johnfulpwillard » #653200

I fought bileworms and they were incredibly easy. The damage could be lowered but I also gotta ask how the hell are you managing to get hit several times by them
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:54 am My biggest issue with them is that they always fuck up the mining base. If their projectile was just changed to not do any structural damage, that would fix 95% of their issues to me.
Sounds good to me
Your admin button here, coder!