Dreary Peanut Thread (NAME POLICY EDITION)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Dreary Peanut Thread (NAME POLICY EDITION)

Post by iwishforducks » #653356

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32542

Dreary Doom = BREAKS NAME POLICY
Dendy Doom = Okay

this just seems like bullying, really
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Re: Dreary Peanut Thread (NAME POLICY EDITION)

Post by datorangebottle » #653357

Timberpoes wrote: I Policy via appeal. Truly the best way to see an appeal take a month to resolve most based timeline. I've asked the headmins to review my decision here, as a result.
I can't believe Timberpoes is resorting to filibusters in the year of our lord 2022! Truly a tragic sign of the times, shaking my smh.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #653359

we have characters with names that are weirder
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #653360

this is fucking stupid
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #653364

Any argument that uses our quality of RP as a justification, is invalid. Manuel's RP is not on a level where character names are starting to impact the player experience. I completely disagree with Timber's decision to reprimand them for their naming choice.

Frankly, if anything, you could make an argument that the number of zany and outlandish additions to the game, be it as items, entities or anything else, is hurting it's RP more than any name could. But I don't see coders getting banned for shitting up our already weak setting, so people making a genuine minimal effort to make a (cool) name shouldn't be either.

With named regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #653369

Okay but only if you ban Brick Mortar, Gay Johnson and Ricky Morty.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #653370

dude, a lot of admins have names way dumber than this

mine included
Spoiler:

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #653373

I categorically reject any naming scheme that forbids Brick Mortar, Mary Megablade, etc.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #653376

Scriptis wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:02 am dude, a lot of admins have names way dumber than this

mine included
So long as armhulen remains unbanned, no naming policy can stand justified
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #653377

Free dreary
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #653391

I dont really like "Justify why your name fits the policy" as a position to hold on naming policy

otherwise I dont really have strong opinions either way.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #653392

Pandarsenic wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:15 am I categorically reject any naming scheme that forbids Brick Mortar, Mary Megablade, etc.
It's a sci-fi setting, and thus sci-fi ish names like Mary Megablade should be allowed.

Dreary Doom should also be allowed because it isn't Amon Gus and they even have a neat reason for it as a bonus cherry on top.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #653396

Scriptis wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:02 am dude, a lot of admins have names way dumber than this

mine included
Tbh, this.

Not actually calling the following non-exhaustive list of names that admins have or have had dumb but someone could raise a brow to them:
► Show Spoiler
I only went down to admin ckeys starting with the letter L for names that they have used, my immersion is now ruined.

I can't help but look at this and think: If you are going to care that much about names being immersion breaking and failing to meet a non-documented standard you may as well start chopping, because there are plenty of names to axe in the community with a standard like this.

I REALLY do not like the idea of arbitrary naming enforcement, and this REALLY feels like another one of those nothing-burgers that doesn't deserve the effort its getting.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:24 pm I dont really like "Justify why your name fits the policy" as a position to hold on naming policy

otherwise I dont really have strong opinions either way.
I don't quite appreciate the concept of guilty until proven innocent either. This isn't Japan.
Hugs
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #653402

There's literally a dude on MRP named "pizza parker" and that's allowed. But not dreary doom?
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #653412

For a less meme-y opinion on this: I literally run around with badly disguised stupid joke names on almost all my characters and would be very upset if an admin bwoinked me for any one of them. I love this kind of creative bullshit.
Mike Harr(My Car, as opposed to Mike Hawk)
Anne Taggart(Antag)
Ayla Storm(this one is more niche, but it's a reference to the pirate metal band ALESTORM).
Lam Pl'Ighter(lamp lighter(wow it's a moth))
A couple of my cyborg/AI names are phonetic alphabet spellings of LIGMA and SUGMA. I think I even used WENDEZ once.
None of them are clown statics, but my favorite dumb homonym name is my clown name Hairy Tick.
Goofy names are one of my favorite things about ss13, and it's a shame they're getting trod on by a rule meant to keep people from unironically naming themselves Adolf Hitler.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #653413

Misdoubtful wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:39 pm Not actually calling the following non-exhaustive list of names that admins have or have had dumb but someone could raise a brow to them:
► Show Spoiler
Okay hold up

Some of these are clearly the names of AIs, Cyborgs, or Entertainer roles

But some of these are in fact extremely suspect

(But also I WILL riot if Brigg 'Jail' Prisonperson, Lord Sport Shooter Gavin XBIV, or Larson Meritocracy are declared illegal)
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #653417

Pandarsenic wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:47 pm
Misdoubtful wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:39 pm Not actually calling the following non-exhaustive list of names that admins have or have had dumb but someone could raise a brow to them:
► Show Spoiler
Okay hold up

Some of these are clearly the names of AIs, Cyborgs, or Entertainer roles

But some of these are in fact extremely suspect

(But also I WILL riot if Brigg 'Jail' Prisonperson, Lord Sport Shooter Gavin XBIV, or Larson Meritocracy are declared illegal)
You are right, but this is pointing at that whole idea of things not fitting LRP or MRP standards, whatever those are, and backing Scriptis regarding some of the sillier / funny names that even admins use and have used. I stand by BARK BARK BARK BARK the clown in absolute solidarity as much as I do a name like this. Clown, AI, moth, don't really care. This isn't some immersive simulation environment.

Crushing peoples fun here for what?

What is the benefit here of not allowing a bit of a silly name that is within the already reasonable guidelines besides?

I don't vibe with decisions made based on feelings rather than merit, but I mean I guess I get it?

(Also Arm has the best names and I love to point to them whenever someone brings up naming policy for anything)
Hugs
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #653418

Dingbat 'Beetle Bark' Spingbabble is the best moth name ever
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #653419

Naming policy simply cant stand on caring about immersion/ the RP when you give specific roles the ability to largely forego the policy.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #653421

I have stories for my characters, they are not serious names but they are names with stories and I do roleplay characters when I play as them. People who want to enforce a fully serious roleplay want me to throw my characters away
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #653422

Armhulen wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:34 pm I have stories for my characters, they are not serious names but they are names with stories and I do roleplay characters when I play as them. People who want to enforce a fully serious roleplay want me to throw my characters away
Sorry your vision isn't within tolerance. We are going to have to send you to reeducation. This way, please.
Hugs
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #653423

It depends on the name, idrc if you had a million stories as "cat vore", it's a stupid name.

The issue is "cat vore" is REALLY bad and immersion breaking UNLESS you're a clown/wizard because haha wacky!!

Hard to hold a standard for the more grey areas under the specific reason of wanting to maintain immersion with those kinds of policies.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #653424

Misdoubtful wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:35 pm
Armhulen wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:34 pm I have stories for my characters, they are not serious names but they are names with stories and I do roleplay characters when I play as them. People who want to enforce a fully serious roleplay want me to throw my characters away
Sorry your vision isn't within tolerance. We are going to have to send you to reeducation. This way, please.
:^(
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #653425

Cobby wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:39 pm It depends on the name, idrc if you had a million stories as "cat vore", it's a stupid name.

The issue is "cat vore" is REALLY bad and immersion breaking UNLESS you're a clown/wizard because haha wacky!!

Hard to hold a standard for the more grey areas under the specific reason of wanting to maintain immersion with those kinds of policies.
Yeah exactly I'm not willing to really look at things on that level while we have what we do in place.

I'm glad to see you posting again, I missed it.
Hugs
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #653429

I would take issue with Cat Vore for someone who isn't a Wizard, Entertainer, or Silicon because it's clearly not actually a name. Dreary Doom... rides the line of whether it's a name, but IMO it "feels" enough like a name that it doesn't immediately take me out the way Cat Vore does (even though some extremely unfortunate humans today have the surname vore and Cat/Kat is a perfectly common abbreviation of first names.)

but this sort of administration-by-vibe and subjectivity is why naming policy is such a mess I guess
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #653431

Pandarsenic wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:46 pm I would take issue with Cat Vore for someone who isn't a Wizard, Entertainer, or Silicon because it's clearly not actually a name.
It could easily be changed to Kat Vor and be acceptable for anyone.

Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #653441

Pandarsenic wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:46 pm I would take issue with Cat Vore for someone who isn't a Wizard, Entertainer, or Silicon because it's clearly not actually a name. Dreary Doom... rides the line of whether it's a name, but IMO it "feels" enough like a name that it doesn't immediately take me out the way Cat Vore does (even though some extremely unfortunate humans today have the surname vore and Cat/Kat is a perfectly common abbreviation of first names.)

but this sort of administration-by-vibe and subjectivity is why naming policy is such a mess I guess
I agree on the DD name my entire problem with naming policy though is that its reliant on muh immersion yet "Cat Vore" isnt exactly a sensible clown/mime name or wizard name either, we just give those up because le epic xd (entirely inconsistent with the idea you want to uphold immersion)
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #653450

There are people on manuel at the moment with the names "Pizza Parker" and "Not a taco", neither of which are particularly pleasant players to be around.

Only enforcing this rule on players that can behave is kind of unfair.
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #653460

Also to note that this is getting to Ian0 and randomlyevil levels of paragraphs over what should be a simple "Ya, you're a long time good faith roleplayer so sure Ill give you the freedom to have a slightly outlandish name"
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #653463

I wish we had an actual naming policy if we're gonna bother trying to enforce it at all. Rather than what we have which is "if an admin thinks your name is stupid you have to change it." If it was ACTUALLY up to me a lot of y'all would need to go touch grass and think of a better name.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #653467

Timberpoes wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:53 am They will take it all into account.

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek when I said it, but I do expect this to interweave itself with policy. So it may take a hot minute to resolve, which is par for the course really.

I do think it's an important appeal in that respect though, because it genuinely does get to the core of admin discretion/opinion within naming policy, and the purposes and goals of naming policy in general.
what if instead of making other headmin terms write policy, you just wrote policy during your 6 month tenure as headmin? or would that require you to admit your fellow headmins were obstructionists, thereby throwing them under the bus?
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #653468

Drag wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:39 am I wish we had an actual naming policy if we're gonna bother trying to enforce it at all. Rather than what we have which is "if an admin thinks your name is stupid you have to change it." If it was ACTUALLY up to me a lot of y'all would need to go touch grass and think of a better name.
i disagree with your take (and i think its bad) because youve in the past thought that soup wasnt a good moth name (it is)
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #653470

some admins really do be drawing attention to their literal "no fun allowed" status
sad

also DOORKNOB is such a great name for a silicon
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #653472

just to reiterate again
the person who placed this ban who's pontificating about how they're doing this to make policy get written

was just headmin for 6 entire months and could have written this policy they're begging for at any time during those 6 months and deployed it, and instead chose to do absolutely nothing for 6 months
what a useless ass headmin term of useless fucking middle managers, honestly, all we did was remove things from the codebase last term
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #653477

iamgoofball wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:48 pm just to reiterate again
the person who placed this ban who's pontificating about how they're doing this to make policy get written

was just headmin for 6 entire months and could have written this policy they're begging for at any time during those 6 months and deployed it, and instead chose to do absolutely nothing for 6 months
what a useless ass headmin term of useless fucking middle managers, honestly, all we did was remove things from the codebase last term
are you just upset that nobody votes for you?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #653483

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:41 pm

Bro i know this is an international community but the united states constitution made it illegal to own brothas like this
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #653485

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:42 pm some admins really do be drawing attention to their literal "no fun allowed" status
sad

also DOORKNOB is such a great name for a silicon
Yeah I really like DOORKNOB. Ruling like this imply that names like DOORKNOB that are funny might be bad.

Funny names are soulful and have rights.

Also just look to some of the pre-coded names for things like silicon's and death squad troopers.
Hugs
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #653506

The name ban in the appeal we're looking at now was placed and first appealed during the Lepi/Domi/Coco term 22 months ago. It's old.

No appeal or major policy post that focused on naming policy took place during our term, so it never even entered our radar.

You should know what that's like. So many of your PRs are in response to some trigger-event putting it on your radar. Playing a new game or watching a new TV show to inspire a new feature. Getting mildly inconvenienced (or witnessing another player become mildly inconvenienced, or hearing about another player becoming mildly inconvenienced via third parties) during a Skyrat shift to inspire a new balance change. That sorta stuff.

Policy is very similar. Change is usually triggered by some appeal, policy post, argument or disagreement. Often the only unprompted policy changes you'll see are in response to a headmin platform.

I think I've applied naming policy correctly. If I haven't, the only thing that needs to change is me and my approach because I fucked up.

If I have applied naming policy correctly but the headmins don't feel the outcome is appropriate, then there will likely be policy changes on it. Or maybe policy clarification.

My term's time has been and died with a whimper. It's time for the spotlight to shine on San/Rave/Spookuni and they now get to direct tgstation towards what they feel is the best it can be.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #653507

Misdoubtful wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:16 pm Yeah I really like DOORKNOB. Ruling like this imply that names like DOORKNOB that are funny might be bad.

Also just look to some of the pre-coded names for things like silicon's and death squad troopers.
Silicons, entertainer roles like Mime/Clown, Nuke Ops, Wizards and probably more roles generally have really big leeway for crazier names. Oh, Chap too if their name is thematic to some Chap gimmick.

Then unique species naming conventions within that.

Please don't take my ruling of "single human name bad" to mean "all names bad regardless of how much fun they are". I do even acknowledge the various exceptions and flexibilities for naming policy in appeals, and although I don't cite silicons directly they are included in the big list of things that can be named weird or self-referential things.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #653508

Timberpoes wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:15 pm
Misdoubtful wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:16 pm Yeah I really like DOORKNOB. Ruling like this imply that names like DOORKNOB that are funny might be bad.

Silicons, entertainer roles like Mime/Clown, Nuke Ops, Wizards and probably more roles generally have really big leeway for crazier names. Oh, Chap too if their name is thematic to some Chap gimmick.

Then unique species naming conventions within that.

Please don't take my ruling of "single human name bad" to mean "all names bad regardless of how much fun they are". I do even acknowledge the various exceptions and flexibilities for naming policy in appeals, and although I don't cite silicons directly they are included in the big list of things that can be named weird or self-referential things.
There is an entire conversation that we have had here regarding this. There is more to it than this post, and it is all about this leeway and things 'fitting'.

It is not targeting your ruling specifically, its targeting any in general that someone might make now or five years from now.
Hugs
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #653510

Ahh, I see. Carry on then, my bad!
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #653514

you know we could have gotten policy for this without timber unnecessarily digging their heels into the ground
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #653520

cybersaber101 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:26 am Also to note that this is getting to Ian0 and randomlyevil levels of paragraphs over what should be a simple "Ya, you're a long time good faith roleplayer so sure Ill give you the freedom to have a slightly outlandish name"
Please god people, writing long and eloquent appeals without any kind of visual break does not get you style points. It makes your appeal extremely difficult to parse and take forever to get resolved. If there's a lot of information that you want to get across, break it up into categories.

Don't try to obfuscate your points with fancy words. Make it clear what points you're making in an appeal in a concise way so that headmins (or anyone who's interested) don't have to set aside an afternoon and a pot of coffee just to read your appeal to completion. There's better places to put that kind of literary effort into.
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Drag
In-Game Admin

Post by Drag » #653521

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:54 am
Drag wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:39 am I wish we had an actual naming policy if we're gonna bother trying to enforce it at all. Rather than what we have which is "if an admin thinks your name is stupid you have to change it." If it was ACTUALLY up to me a lot of y'all would need to go touch grass and think of a better name.
i disagree with your take (and i think its bad) because youve in the past thought that soup wasnt a good moth name (it is)
Soup is a bad moth name and I will continue to think this until there is an actual policy that encourages names like this
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #653522

New policy "All moths are named soup"
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #653525

all moths are going to be soup because i will liquidate the fuckers
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #653532

dragomagol wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:38 am
cybersaber101 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:26 am Also to note that this is getting to Ian0 and randomlyevil levels of paragraphs over what should be a simple "Ya, you're a long time good faith roleplayer so sure Ill give you the freedom to have a slightly outlandish name"
Please god people, writing long and eloquent appeals without any kind of visual break does not get you style points. It makes your appeal extremely difficult to parse and take forever to get resolved. If there's a lot of information that you want to get across, break it up into categories.

Don't try to obfuscate your points with fancy words. Make it clear what points you're making in an appeal in a concise way so that headmins (or anyone who's interested) don't have to set aside an afternoon and a pot of coffee just to read your appeal to completion. There's better places to put that kind of literary effort into.
why many word few word better
Hugs
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #653535

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:01 pm
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:41 pm

Bro i know this is an international community but the united states constitution made it illegal to own brothas like this
it's okay bro, i'm not American

we just ignore the part where it's illegal here, too
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #653537

Drag wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:47 am
Soup is a bad moth name and I will continue to think this until there is an actual policy that encourages names like this
i love the idea that moth names are nicknames or given names because their real moth names are completely incomprehensible

soup, in my eyes, is one of the best moth names because of this

i think people also forget that we give people nicknames all the time in real life and actually go by them over their real names
Drag
In-Game Admin

Post by Drag » #653551

iwishforducks wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:21 am
Drag wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:47 am
i love the idea that moth names are nicknames or given names because their real moth names are completely incomprehensible

soup, in my eyes, is one of the best moth names because of this

i think people also forget that we give people nicknames all the time in real life and actually go by them over their real names
See I can get behind this, I hate it when its just "Well Im a moth so I can"