Vekter ignores rule 1 precedent 6, sides with greytiders over engineers

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Vekter ignores rule 1 precedent 6, sides with greytiders over engineers

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #655382

Peanut for: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32687

Title is intentionally inflammatory for funsies, dont take it personally Vekter

Anyway, seems like a pretty clear case of wrongfully placed ban, precedent 6 is pretty clear that if you return to a department after being ejected to it, you open yourself up to death:
6. You may defend your workplace from trespassers who damage or steal property within that space with significantly greater force than elsewhere. If someone is severely disruptive and returns after ejected, this opens them up to "fun" of the creative workplace death variety.
Seems pretty open and shut to me, I think the engi could have probably been more communicative, but in terms of the rules, he's in the right, imo.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Re: Vekter ignores rule 1 precedent 6, sides with greytiders over engineers

Post by Archie700 » #655383

I mean if you interpret "creative workplace death variety" as "I can literally just outright round remove someone after they cross the room again" then I think you're just cringe.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #655384

Yeah. Creative workplace death doesn't go as far as permitting round removal when escalation otherwise wouldn't permit it.

Same applies to the chef gibbing people, or the chap cremating people.

Genuinely defending your workplace lets you jump to lethal faster, but doesn't let you jump straight to round removal.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
KLOWNPLEASEWORK
Byond Username: BrokenMan120

Post by KLOWNPLEASEWORK » #655385

did you justed enter my department, to Dchat you go!
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #655387

I know past player behavior doesn't matter too much for these kinds of things BUT.
Dustan has a habit of breaking into places, doing that jobs job, then if you touch it he will try to beat you into crit.
I've even had him break into engineering on me while I was trying to fix his delaminating mess and him start wailing on me as it cries out over the common radio that it's about to blow.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #655391

you guys read all that?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #655392

On the one hand coming in to find your department smashed to hell and ransacked and some rando messing around with your stuff sucks, on the other hand dusting him the next time he breaks in is lame. You're engineering, you are probbably THE non-sec department best able to handle the issue. If you want to be creative try something like cablecuffing him and tying him to a chair in a glass cube until he feels like saying sorry or something
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #655397

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:17 pm On the one hand coming in to find your department smashed to hell and ransacked and some rando messing around with your stuff sucks, on the other hand dusting him the next time he breaks in is lame. You're engineering, you are probbably THE non-sec department best able to handle the issue. If you want to be creative try something like cablecuffing him and tying him to a chair in a glass cube until he feels like saying sorry or something
This, the problem wasn't him removing him from the department, it was that he escalated straight to dusting him.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #655398

Should have cable cuffed and tied to a tesla coil
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #655415

an important piece of information here is that the cook wasnt "tiding" he was setting up the SM [Highly likely that there was noone else around to set it up before the engi joined, because its bagil]
the ban was deserved and in fact lenient
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #655430

toemas wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:18 pm an important piece of information here is that the cook wasnt "tiding" he was setting up the SM [Highly likely that there was noone else around to set it up before the engi joined, because its bagil]
the chef should have stayed the fuck to the side as soon as the actual engineer showed up, stay in your lane
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #655452

The engine is a restricted area. Cook should have taken a step back after an engie arrived or just followed the engie around if they wanted to help with power
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #655458

This ban is fine. Someone should not get assblasted for tiding to do something beneficial because you weren't there to do it and should be allowed to complete the task they were doing.
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #655462

toemas wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:18 pm an important piece of information here is that the cook wasnt "tiding" he was setting up the SM [Highly likely that there was noone else around to set it up before the engi joined, because its bagil]
Nowadays tiding has a different definition than what it use to have. Tiding nowadays is watered down B&E, where even just asking to be let in by the AI is considered tiding.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #655475

toemas wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:18 pm an important piece of information here is that the cook wasnt "tiding" he was setting up the SM [Highly likely that there was noone else around to set it up before the engi joined, because its bagil
It's a contextual thing, what looks like someone getting in to start up the engine to you might look like someone doing B&E to steal a bunch of shit to someone else.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #655492

Especially if someone else has previously been through and looted the place seperately
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
toemas

Post by toemas » #655509

Vekter wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:17 pm It's a contextual thing, what looks like someone getting in to start up the engine to you might look like someone doing B&E to steal a bunch of shit to someone else.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:28 pm Especially if someone else has previously been through and looted the place seperately
Then talk to them and ask them what they're up to first before mindlessly attacking them live a caveman. Its a roleplaying game
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #655513

toemas wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:41 am
Vekter wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:17 pm It's a contextual thing, what looks like someone getting in to start up the engine to you might look like someone doing B&E to steal a bunch of shit to someone else.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:28 pm Especially if someone else has previously been through and looted the place seperately
Then talk to them and ask them what they're up to first before mindlessly attacking them live a caveman. Its a roleplaying game
Yeah, this was definitely my biggest issue with how it was handled.

That being said, Dustan can be... a lot, so I understand why maybe he didn't want to talk.
Spoiler:

CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #655572

toemas wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:41 am
The same can be said of the chef.

After being forcibly, and non-harmfully, ejected from Engineering, and then being told to get out when he came back in, he should talk to them instead of running up and mindlessly attacking them like a caveman. It's a roleplaying game.
toemas

Post by toemas » #655588

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:18 am After being forcibly, and non-harmfully, ejected from Engineering, and then being told to get out when he came back in, he should talk to them instead of running up and mindlessly attacking them like a caveman. It's a roleplaying game.
hes not obligated to do anything after being assaulted, he could have beat him up and tossed him into the crystal and it would have been righteous and just
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #655620

If you can't be bothered to interact in literally any way with someone that doesn't end with someone in the crystal maybe LRP is a little too demanding for you
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #655626

Both individuals were being equally dickish, and both deserved to be thrown at the SM. Vekter should've gibbed the engi instead of banning him. Use more Smites.

ChristopherRobin
Byond Username: Christopher Robin

Post by ChristopherRobin » #655629

For clarification toemas, do you believe that players have a right to break into other player's departments to do their jobs for them, and that anyone who interferes with this has committed a capital offence which warrants round removal? If so, you have my full support, and you should propose it as a replacement for precedent 6, I think there a lot of like-minded individuals who will agree with your message.
toemas

Post by toemas » #655637

ChristopherRobin wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:37 pm For clarification toemas, do you believe that players have a right to break into other player's departments to do their jobs for them
if there is nobody else around to setup the crystal, then breaking in and doing it yourself is the only option you have- its either wait for someone else to break in and do it, or play a shift without power. so, in situations such as these - yes
ChristopherRobin wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:37 pm anyone who interferes with this has committed a capital offence which warrants round removal?
given the above context, yes
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #655639

Pandarsenic wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:45 pm If you can't be bothered to interact in literally any way with someone that doesn't end with someone in the crystal maybe LRP is a little too demanding for you
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
KLOWNPLEASEWORK
Byond Username: BrokenMan120

Post by KLOWNPLEASEWORK » #655646

i have noticed that some people are actually wild about their workplaces, to the point where being in them could just lead to your ultimate doom.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #655647

Agux909 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:07 pm Both individuals were being equally dickish, and both deserved to be thrown at the SM. Vekter should've gibbed the engi instead of banning him. Use more Smites.
The ban was placed after the round had already ended.
Spoiler: