Kieth4 nonoptimal ranked play nearly results in team loss, facing disciplinary action

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Kieth4 nonoptimal ranked play nearly results in team loss, facing disciplinary action

Post by BeeSting12 » #667427

viewtopic.php?t=33489

Welcome to CS: GO ss13 edition where everyone must play to maximum effectiveness at all times. A player tries to do something interesting and gets punished for it.

Real talk, the only applicable note in this situation would've been noting anyone who said the term "metagang" IC
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: Kieth4 nonoptimal ranked play nearly results in team loss, facing disciplinary action

Post by CPTANT » #667429

lmao, note for not validing hard enough.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Kieth4 nonoptimal ranked play nearly results in team loss, facing disciplinary action

Post by Armhulen » #667430

I agree with beesting and you would be wise to join my gang
rasonj
Byond Username: Rasonj

Post by rasonj » #667432

This feels like the terry version of that Manuel burn chamber ban. Player does something interesting and unique with an antagonist and gets punished.
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #667433

Rule 4 wrote: Non-antagonists can do whatever they want to antagonists as per lone antagonists ...
you aren't even obligated to stop an antagonist as sec on lrp, this note is just bleurgh
Spoiler:

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #667436

Chatted with Kubiso internally about this earlier and it was pretty much a similar conclusion.

It totally reads like noting a player for not having an encyclopaedic knowledge of antag mechanics and for not going far enough in the direction of optimal play before releasing the antag.

I think there was some other message Kubiso was trying to communicate, but the note didn't pick the right words in the right order and as a result I think in practice it sends a totally different message that doesn't seem to fit.

Hopefully we get that little bugbear solved via the appeal.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #667439

Remove the note, this is stupid
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #667445

Timberpoes wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:35 pm Chatted with Kubiso internally about this earlier and it was pretty much a similar conclusion.

It totally reads like noting a player for not having an encyclopaedic knowledge of antag mechanics and for not going far enough in the direction of optimal play before releasing the antag.

I think there was some other message Kubiso was trying to communicate, but the note didn't pick the right words in the right order and as a result I think in practice it sends a totally different message that doesn't seem to fit.

Hopefully we get that little bugbear solved via the appeal.
Since when are we forced to make sure antags cant do any harm any more in the first place? The rules say we can do anything to antags, not "You can do anything that defeats them".
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #667447

CPTANT wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:22 pm Since when are we forced to make sure antags cant do any harm any more in the first place? The rules say we can do anything to antags, not "You can do anything that defeats them".
I totes agree. Catch and release is cool. It gives sec more job content, can pull antags to less powergamey strats because they won't get round removed for planting a bug on the clown's shoes, etc.

But there is a limit. For example - Just releasing every antag habitually could be its own unique form of grief that MAY catch admin attention, but it would really have to be habitual, very egregious and effectively be grief-by-proxy. Didn't sound like this is what was happening here, though?
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #667467

There is something deeply, deeply ironic about giving a heretic a phobia, and I love it.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #667473

wow thats.. really bad
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #667474

Shitty ban, this is why we should mend the schism between LRP and MRP with a middleground ruleset: would avoid Sybil becoming enforced frag-the-antags ruleset, and Manuel being release-the-antags ruleset

Don't @ me
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #667475

Bawhoppennn wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:14 amShitty ban...
kieth4 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:49 pmBan type: Note
i haven't read the whole thread but it wasn't a ban
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #667476

I'm kinda confused by the note because Manuel security constantly does the catch-and-release thing (with a tracker implanted), even with heretics. The beepsky smash overdose causing someone to develop a phobia to security was something I never knew, and it's kinda funny.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #667477

Bawhoppennn wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:14 am Shitty ban, this is why we should mend the schism between LRP and MRP with a middleground ruleset: would avoid Sybil becoming enforced frag-the-antags ruleset, and Manuel being release-the-antags ruleset

Don't @ me
Baw... ban, bro??
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #667479

I don't have the time to read the appeals I just go by what other people said in the peanut
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #667481

Man what a creative punishment I actually love it.

I really hope there isn't an enforced method of antagonist control by security, that would be the absolute worst. Even if an antag like heretics can become stun immune, the time between then and ascension surely is still a big deal.

(Also phobias can inflict blindness which heretics can't become immune too, so it is actually a pretty good long term safety net if medical is also playing ball)
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #667482

Bawhoppennn wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:16 am
Armhulen wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:45 am
Bawhoppennn wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:14 am Shitty ban, this is why we should mend the schism between LRP and MRP with a middleground ruleset: would avoid Sybil becoming enforced frag-the-antags ruleset, and Manuel being release-the-antags ruleset

Don't @ me
Baw... ban, bro??
I don't have the time to read the appeals I just go by what other people said in the peanut
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #667484

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:37 am I'm kinda confused by the note because Manuel security constantly does the catch-and-release thing (with a tracker implanted), even with heretics. The beepsky smash overdose causing someone to develop a phobia to security was something I never knew, and it's kinda funny.
Hell I do catch-and-release without a tracker pretty regularly on Manuel
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #667497

this ba- note is what happens when you treat the game as TTT
Last edited by saprasam on Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #667498

Are we going to need a headmin precedent for "you can't note people who didn't actually break any rules"?
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Kubisopplay
Byond Username: Kubisopplay

Post by Kubisopplay » #667508

I will only said that Timber was right in what he posted here, and thats all. The message and intent I wanted to make the note for didnt come across.
Silicon main, enough said
Tell me how badly I fucked up here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=32575
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #667512

Kubisopplay wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:08 pm I will only said that Timber was right in what he posted here, and thats all. The message and intent I wanted to make the note for didnt come across.
I still don't understand what the message was supposed to be.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #667516

Kubisopplay wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:08 pm I will only said that Timber was right in what he posted here, and thats all. The message and intent I wanted to make the note for didnt come across.
sucks this appeal isnt a bit longer so you can deny it out of spite :(
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #667577

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:07 am
Bawhoppennn wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:16 am
Armhulen wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:45 am

Don't @ me
Baw... ban, bro??
LOL that's funny

To be truthful though, some people take these peanut threads way too seriously

conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #667589

Imagine you're a new player engineer, you set up the SM according to the Wiki witk the default pumps, excited since this is quite fun and as yo-
BWOINK
Kubisopplay: Hey, got a minute?
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Kubisopplay

Post by Kubisopplay » #667600

conrad wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:28 am Imagine you're a new player engineer, you set up the SM according to the Wiki witk the default pumps, excited since this is quite fun and as yo-
BWOINK
Okay, let's not do a slippery slope about new people, because they usually get a tutorial when they fuck something up. Lukas is defo not new
conrad

Post by conrad » #667609

Kubisopplay wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:32 pm
conrad wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:28 am Imagine you're a new player engineer, you set up the SM according to the Wiki witk the default pumps, excited since this is quite fun and as yo-
BWOINK
Okay, let's not do a slippery slope about new people, because they usually get a tutorial when they fuck something up. Lukas is defo not new
Are you implying you would bwoink an experienced engineer using the default pumps and pipes setup on the SM?
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #667610

There is this very weird dual standard where making the supermatter nigh impossible to sabotage is fine, but making it harder to plasmaflood is powergaming.
Kubisopplay

Post by Kubisopplay » #667611

conrad wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:21 pm
Kubisopplay wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:32 pm
BWOINK
Are you implying you would bwoink an experienced engineer using the default pumps and pipes setup on the SM?
I'd just be disappointed
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #667612

To be fair to Kubisopplay, I've fucked up the sm plenty of times and he's always just laughed at me. I don't feel that it's fair to make that comparison rlly.
conrad

Post by conrad » #667614

kieth4 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:47 pm To be fair to Kubisopplay, I've fucked up the sm plenty of times and he's always just laughed at me. I don't feel that it's fair to make that comparison rlly.
I hope that's true. Terry right now feels like a crapshoot where you can get bwoinked from out of pocket shit while griefers play NRP just fine.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Kubisopplay

Post by Kubisopplay » #667621

conrad wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:53 pm
kieth4 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:47 pm To be fair to Kubisopplay, I've fucked up the sm plenty of times and he's always just laughed at me. I don't feel that it's fair to make that comparison rlly.
I hope that's true. Terry right now feels like a crapshoot where you can get bwoinked from out of pocket shit while griefers play NRP just fine.
If you go only by the peanuts every server feels like worst parts of fulp and goon squared
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #667626

BeeSting12 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:11 pm Kieth4 nonoptimal ranked play nearly results in team loss, facing disciplinary action
This peanut's title is just... chef's kiss.
Bawhoppennn wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:14 am this is why we should mend the schism between LRP and MRP with a middleground ruleset: would avoid Sybil becoming enforced frag-the-antags ruleset, and Manuel being release-the-antags ruleset
Ducks already tried that and he got lynched in the court of public opinion.
NecromancerAnne wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:00 am I really hope there isn't an enforced method of antagonist control by security, that would be the absolute worst. Even if an antag like heretics can become stun immune, the time between then and ascension surely is still a big deal.
Agreed. There shouldn't be a specific enforced method of control, but that a method of control should be used should be enforced.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #667627

Traitors are already getting super tame on LRP, it's because progtot incentives doing things nobody notices for telecrystals. The only influential antags are now the conversion antags or nuke ops.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #667640

CPTANT wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:41 pm There is this very weird dual standard where making the supermatter nigh impossible to sabotage is fine, but making it harder to plasmaflood is powergaming.
hint: one of these things has a tangible benefit to the station aside from futureproofing, and the other does not.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #667646

conrad wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:21 pm
i only use default pumps and pipes whenever i set up SM

if it runs, it runs and if it breaks, ill fix it

BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #667648

ekaterina wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:50 pm
BeeSting12 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:11 pm Kieth4 nonoptimal ranked play nearly results in team loss, facing disciplinary action
This peanut's title is just... chef's kiss.
thanks <3
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #667654

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:18 pm
CPTANT wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:41 pm There is this very weird dual standard where making the supermatter nigh impossible to sabotage is fine, but making it harder to plasmaflood is powergaming.
hint: one of these things has a tangible benefit to the station aside from futureproofing, and the other does not.
Not really though, default setup provides enough power for everything.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #667666

CPTANT wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:36 pm
laughs in "every assistant building a maint base with 5+ machines in it, chemistry building a huge factory, botany powering up all their hydro trays, and the HFR"
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #667715

i didnt post or form an opinion because i figured the note would be removed. i get why they placed the note but ultimately kieth is correct in their whole “optimal play” thing. glad to see that kubis saw eye to eye. or maybe theyre being held against their will by timber. who knows.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #667722

Bawhoppennn wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:14 am this is why we should mend the schism between LRP and MRP with a middleground ruleset: would avoid Sybil becoming enforced frag-the-antags ruleset, and Manuel being release-the-antags ruleset
I am very disappointed in you

iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #667756

Bawhoppennn wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:15 am
I am very disappointed in you
next election cycle i plan on running on that instead. i need to iron out the edges on it.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #667827

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:09 pm
laughs in "every assistant building a maint base with 5+ machines in it, chemistry building a huge factory, botany powering up all their hydro trays, and the HFR"
That's a really awful name for a language
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #667838

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:24 pm
datorangebottle wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:09 pm
That's a really awful name for a language
dont be rude, im sure its a wonderful language
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #668205

it will never not be hilarious to me that theres literally like two valves that connect the plasma supply DIRECTLY to the air that everyone breathes and removing it will get you in trouble
Its a fine rule but its just really comical if you think about it from an IC perspective
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #668206

Also this isnt really true. The only thing you *arent* allowed to do is remove the pipe or cut the cameras or whatever because its basically metagaming malf AI. You can totally cool the wasteloop, preemptively adjust the air alarms, or just pump the distro with a fuckton of oxy to make it impossible to flood. Anything that improves/optimizes the distro and waste loop (your job) is going to make plasmaflooding harder