i want a headmin review because the explosion wasn't my fault nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

i want a headmin review because the explosion wasn't my fault nut

Post by Scriptis » #668603

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33546

if you bring TTVs onto the shuttle without properly securing them and they go off it's your fault

it's like bringing a plasma canister onto the shuttle and saying "it was for eorg!!" when some ban evader opens it
Spoiler:

HommandoSA
Byond Username: HommandoSA

Re: i want a headmin review because the explosion wasn't my fault nut

Post by HommandoSA » #668610

Fair ban, he brought dangerous devices into an area they had no use for other than grief then the inevitable happened.
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #668611

the only guilty party is the party that detonated the bomb

if you disagree you're a soy
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #668615

Oh come on, this is literally classic ss13, not everything is supposed to be bubblewrapped

It is beyond blatant that the person was not being excessively cavalier with not guarding them, or intentionally letting people take them to blow them up

How this is even a ban is beyond me... if it was a repeat offense or they were being totally careless and just leaving them on the floor, sure... but this is not that
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #668616

i was exploded by this it was a maxcap that killed all of the shuttle spare the warden and some people in the bridge, its not suprising someone got punished for this because it was manuel
respect (let him do his thing)
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #668619

upon closer inspection i can safely confirm that bawhoppennn is right

a fuckin' durand busted this shit open. you can't deal with that as a poor science man
Spoiler:

Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #668620

kinnebian wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:06 am i was exploded by this it was a maxcap that killed all of the shuttle spare the warden and some people in the bridge, its not suprising someone got punished for this because it was manuel
it was terry
Spoiler:

kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #668622

Scriptis wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:08 am
kinnebian wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:06 am i was exploded by this it was a maxcap that killed all of the shuttle spare the warden and some people in the bridge, its not suprising someone got punished for this because it was manuel
it was terry
isnt this a twist- this is what i get for posting on forums as soon as i wake up
respect (let him do his thing)
AlamoTurtle
Byond Username: Alamo Turtle

Post by AlamoTurtle » #668627

These kind of bans are the ones that really give me mixed feelings.
On one hand, the poor bastard brought bombs onto a shuttle for EORG, and you're accountable for any absolutely ridiculous EORG garbage you drag onto shuttle. Keeping them tucked away in a bag of holding or simply having all the plasma tanks detached and in a duffel bag you wear would be a safer bet, albeit tedious. I'd be pissed if some nonantag thought it was a genius play to load the shuttle up with nukes just for the risk and fun, because of course they would, then lo and behold, they go off and get away with it?
However, it was clearly not intended to be grief or to bait people. They took the effort to keep it away from the rest of the crew, and what can you do if some nosey fuckmech decides to bash down your locker and the rest of the vultures pry your bombs apart and send the signal like an idiot? Is it really on you at that point? Intent is a huge manner of this game, and that's why these bans are just sad in the end. Someone needs to get punished for being a prick, but the person just trying to spice things up is the one who gets it. It leads to a more reclusive playstyle where you do take all manners of caution and kill a lot of the fun in fear of admin retaliation. Sometimes it's deserved, but at times like these, nah.

It reminds me of an admin event that was ruined by a player rushing in and immediately opening a crate with no lock or protection aside from an ERT which lacked HAUL gloves. Of course, the event was ruined and the person who opened it was hit with a ban. How does that apply here? Why is the owner of the explosives held accountable for taking the effort to prevent trouble from occurring instead of the nosey players who JUST ABSOLUTELY NEEDED to break the locker open to satisfy their curiosity? At the end of the day, it's a pretty lenient two days for wiping an entire shuttle, but it supports a set precedent, and it's one that leads our community to be a lot more passive in their pursuit of exploring stuff.

TL;DR: shit happens, give kudos to someone wanting to make things interesting, they're not the greyshits that need the ban, I need to get sleep.
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #668630

bring bombs on shuttle
they explode
NOT MY FAULT!!!!!!
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #668631

I'm fine with this as long as the mech pilot griffer who smashed the locker open and the people who disassembled and signalled all got a shared piece of the ban pie.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #668647

I think in terms of "the thread of responsibility".

When you set up a dangerous or risky scenario, you are responsible for your own actions. There's always a strong thread of responsibility binding you to direct consequences of actions you directly caused or carried out.

You are somewhat responsible for the obvious or reasonably foreseeable actions of other players when you set up a dangerous or risky scenario. There's a frayed thread of responsibility for you setting up the scenario. Thinner, weaker.

And for anything not obvious or not reasonably foreseeable, you really shouldn't be held responsible for outcomes that are unreasonable or outcomes where other people break the rules. Their actions sever your thread of responsibility entirely.

The ban clearly accepted there was a frayed thread of responsibility, quote: "While the blame doesn't entirely lay on you here you still created this extremely dangerous situation by bringing TTVs onto the shuttle. Alot of folks died but Ill reduce the ban to two days due to the circumstances."

My own personal feelings are that the thread was probably severed at the point a 3rd party detatched the signaller from the first TTV and pinged it to explode the second, propped up a little by how powerless Mazur was to contest this course of action (excepting that Mazur set up the conditions for it to happen in the first place). I would usually classify this as an SS13 moment where I drop some verbal warning wisdom bombs to the involved parties and send them on their way.

Despite that, I still think Coco's approach is a totally valid interpretation. It's just a little on the heckin' harsh side of holding Player A accountable for the independent actions of Player B for me.

So I put forward some open questions for discussion:

Should such a player be genuinely punished when they are incapacitated in some way, the locker is smashed into with a mech, a player dismantles one of the two bombs and then pings the signaller on it to activate the second bomb through accident, stupidity or incompetence (from my very brief investigation)?

If you think yes, should the player always be responsible for the consequences of bringing a TTV onto the shuttle regardless of how foreseeable their actions were or whether other players broke the rules in the process of exploding it? Or is there some point you would consider that thread severed?

If you think no, at what point was the thread of responsibility severed and the player no longer responsible for what happened with the TTV they brought onto the shuttle?
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #668648

I'm torn on this.

On the one hand, I think people who do this for EORG are kinda lame. You're denying everyone else a chance to have any fun in the EORG. But at the same time, setting off Big Bomb is also very fun. (This point is largely moot in the grand scheme of things, but the schadenfreude's worth talking about as a spectator)

On the other hand...as everyone else has said, he did put in a solid effort to keep things safe and contained.

If he'd just walked onto the shuttle with the bombs in his hands, I'd probably say the ban was the right thing, but in a welded locker? Sounds like the Greyshits were the problems.

I do assume, however, that the one who actually set the bomb off got banned, too. It'd be fucking insane if they weren't, and I trust our admin team not to make that mistake.

Edit:
Timberpoes wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:52 am And for anything not obvious or not reasonably foreseeable, you really shouldn't be held responsible for outcomes that are unreasonable or outcomes where other people break the rules. Their actions sever your thread of responsibility entirely.
I'm personally of the opinion that nobody can reasonably plan for a Mech deciding that it HAS to know what's inside a locker. If he'd just placed the signaler on a table or something, then that's rather obvious. But nobody could plan for a Mech breaking into it, nobody could STOP that from happening, and nobody could ever plan for someone deciding to disassemble one and, for reasons known only to god, signal said signaler.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #668656

times like these i wish we had public bans so i could gauge my feelings. 90% of my opinion is based on what the punishment was for the other players.

two days isnt that long in the grand scheme of things and i would also be inclined to tell players to be careful about what they bring onto the shuttle

on the other hand… they were stunned and had a mech break open their locker. what the fuck were they supposed to do about that? but at the same time… dragging a welded locker onto a shuttle as a scientist(?) is sorta a “act like an antag, get treated like an antag” moment. but that doesn’t excuse the fact that the other players motherfucking EXPLODED the bombs.

is a plasmaman responsible for when someone stuns and strips them, causing them to light ablaze themselves and all that dare step around them? the obvious answer is no. but why? well the intent of a plasmaman is not to light everyone ablaze. but a bomb has one purpose: EXPLODE. and so when you bring an item’s that soul intent is to explode onto the shuttle, well… can you really act that surprised?

conclusion: note them. tell them not to bring bombs onto the shuttle again. let them know it was really, really funny but that if they bring bombs that ultimately explode onto the shuttle before EORG then only god can protect them from admin punishment. 2 days is whatever. i dont think its necessary to ban for 2 days (it doesnt achieve much) but it’s also totally valid to do so.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #668658

I've got a simple and quick view. The bombs were secured, it's not his fault. An unrelated shitter broke the locker took apart the bomb and then blew it up. What was he meant to do? Kill the gygax?
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #668660

Simply not bring TTVs to the shuttle simply for EORG. If someone wants to do something involving TTVs, there better be a good fucking reason other than "I want to grief".

It is his fault simply because EORG is the only reason why he brought the TTVs. Fail RP and cringe. People that prepare for EORG and do it wrong deserves whatever happens next. Fuck you NRPers. You don't deserve the "classic SS13" protection if you don't attempt to have any RP reason on bringing the TTVs.
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #668688

Turbonerd wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:38 pm Simply not bring TTVs to the shuttle simply for EORG. If someone wants to do something involving TTVs, there better be a good fucking reason other than "I want to grief".

It is his fault simply because EORG is the only reason why he brought the TTVs. Fail RP and cringe. People that prepare for EORG and do it wrong deserves whatever happens next. Fuck you NRPers. You don't deserve the "classic SS13" protection if you don't attempt to have any RP reason on bringing the TTVs.
Yeah, basically.

Like he did his due diligence on trying to make sure this didn't happen, and it still happened. Too bad. You took the risks, eat shit.

I do think the gygax pilot should actually share the punishment though.
rasonj
Byond Username: Rasonj

Post by rasonj » #668696

Intent matters, it was obvious the intent of the bomb maker was to keep them secured and use them after the round. The intent I can't figure out is what possible intent did the signal clicker have? I cannot think of a reason to take a signaller off of a ttv and then activate it other than you are hoping to trigger the other bomb.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #668699

We do have an ic reason to bring ttvs onto the shuttle to centcomm though. The entire station is dedicated to plasma research and substances that are partially made of plasma (Super matter also requires plasma to be made)

One of the things being researched is the explosive capability of bombs made using plasma and substances made by plasma (trit)

So wouldnt it make sense to take a sample with you to hopefully be set for life because of the sheer $ value of a decent ttv? (Although probably in separate pieces / tanks)

Speaking of preventing it from exploding before eorg..why not just detatch one of the tanks and put it in your backpack, its only a single mouseclick to put it back on and if someone tries to take it off you itl atleast take a moment to get it before they can activate the ttv, delaying the boom quite a bit.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #668703

Turbonerd wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:38 pm Simply not bring TTVs to the shuttle simply for EORG. If someone wants to do something involving TTVs, there better be a good fucking reason other than "I want to grief".

I really dont understand why you guys are so mald at someone who gets pwned by a mech and gets his bombs stolen then triggered. Not only is it not his fault to begin with its only 2 mins out of the 30-60min round to miss out that is spent the next round waiting room.

But my take here is that it should just be a note at most, dude got owned by a mech which he can't do anything about. He had no intention of blowing up the bombs early and it wanst even him who did it. The punishment is not preventing any behavior because the player wans't going to blow up the bombs early to begin with. Also I really don't care if someone misses out on 2 mins of a round that is spent afk on a shuttle
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #668705

It's a two day ban for unintentional griefing as a non-antag. If you bring a maxcap to the escape shuttle and it goes off, it's your ass.

Coco's interpretation of "There was no ill intention, so two day ban" is perfectly valid. If it was intentional, self-antaging behaviour, a longer ban would be expected.

You people need to learn that a ban, unless it's a permaban, is not placed to prevent griefing over the banning period, but to disencourage shitty, dumb, or shitty dumb behaviour.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #668741

How many times do we have to deal with this same flavor of this scenario before people start getting the point to not setup prebuilt no fun allowed setups to btfo peeps for 5 seconds when the alternative is not being allowed to play at all for days.

End of Round is a sacred place for mischief making, up until that text though you abide as if you dont get to kill everyone in 30 seconds or pray you’ve hidden it well enough it wasn’t obvious until the text shows up.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #668751

massa wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:59 am the only guilty party is the party that detonated the bomb
This. While he should've secured his bombs better, he is not at fault. He should've been warned, gotten a note at most.
iwishforducks wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:01 pm two days isnt that long in the grand scheme of things
Even one second of unfair ban is too long.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #668776

ekaterina wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:18 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:01 pm two days isnt that long in the grand scheme of things
Even one second of unfair ban is too long.
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/ ... eted10.wav
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #668786

ekaterina takes another L
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #668787

this ban is fair. i dont get why people are saying the gygax is in the wrong here though. when you see a welded locker while you aren't supposed to care, it's also a gnawing feeling that there could be something malicious in there. of which. there were bombs.
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #668788

Another ban appeal to add to the tally where communication full stops with a 'I want headmin' rather than this dude taking the time to bring up relevant things in their own appeal.

Smh.

Also anyone ever notice that if you bring a welded locker onto the shuttle people will 99% of the time try and open it?
Hugs
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #668789

I have no clue how ppl can spend half the round stuck in toxins making eorg bombs considering theres probably going to be an admin who logs on 3 minutes before round end who maxcaps the shuttle using admin verbs anyways.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #668798

saprasam wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:34 pm this ban is fair. i dont get why people are saying the gygax is in the wrong here though. when you see a welded locker while you aren't supposed to care, it's also a gnawing feeling that there could be something malicious in there. of which. there were bombs.
act like an antag...
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #668803

Misdoubtful wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:50 pm Another ban appeal to add to the tally where communication full stops with a 'I want headmin' rather than this dude taking the time to bring up relevant things in their own appeal.

Smh.
Are we now shitting on people for NOT writing 5 page essays on why they need to be unbanned?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
conrad

Post by conrad » #668811

CPTANT wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:35 pm
Misdoubtful wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:50 pm Another ban appeal to add to the tally where communication full stops with a 'I want headmin' rather than this dude taking the time to bring up relevant things in their own appeal.

Smh.
Are we now shitting on people for NOT writing 5 page essays on why they need to be unbanned?
Every time I see someone with the headspace of absolute extremes, I feel pain and distress.

There's a middle ground between a chimp grunting and a professor essaying over their space gas game ban.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #668822

conrad wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:11 am

Smh.
Every time I see someone with the headspace of absolute extremes, I feel pain and distress.

There's a middle ground between a chimp grunting and a professor essaying over their space gas game ban.
Hugs
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #668824

this is the internet middlegrounds aren't real
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #668870

Agree with saprasam. If someone brings a welded locker onto the shuttle then it's reasonable to wonder what's in it. Especially if it's a scientist or chemist. Presumably, the mech pilot/roboticist would know that they were working toxins, making it even more suspicious. The player set up a situation where it was likely that a bomb would go off in a crowded area, and they had no legitimate IC reason to do so. The player who signalled the remote signaller is also somewhat at fault here. It's common sense not to signal something that just came off a bomb. I'd say that person shared 50-50 blame with the guy who brought bombs for EORG, and I'd hope he received a ban as well.

Also, it's not a matter of writing a 5 page essay to defend your actions. The appealer has shown he doesn't want to discuss it with the banning admin, he just wants to waste headmin time with an obviously correct ban. Requesting headmin review is such a no-brainer because you have nothing to lose besides your reputation of not being a crybaby. When you clearly cause grief to this many people then the onus is on you to bring up evidence and policy to support your unban and note removal.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #668871

MooCow12 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:16 pm We do have an ic reason to bring ttvs onto the shuttle to centcomm though. The entire station is dedicated to plasma research and substances that are partially made of plasma (Super matter also requires plasma to be made)

One of the things being researched is the explosive capability of bombs made using plasma and substances made by plasma (trit)

So wouldnt it make sense to take a sample with you to hopefully be set for life because of the sheer $ value of a decent ttv? (Although probably in separate pieces / tanks)
This happened in LRP so I doubt they care about the lore at all. Doesn't sound like a bad reasoning for MRP tho.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
exymian
Byond Username: Exymian

Post by exymian » #668885

Misdoubtful wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:19 am

Smh.

Yes because arguing with the admin that banned you is pointless. You could have argued about it in the ahelps and if the admin was not that sure to ban the person then he wouldnt have banned the player.

I can't even believe that some are justifying this ban on an LRP server in a videogame. Grow up
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #668894

exymian wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:33 am Yes because arguing with the admin that banned you is pointless. You could have argued about it in the ahelps and if the admin was not that sure to ban the person then he wouldnt have banned the player.
I can't even believe that some are justifying this ban on an LRP server in a videogame. Grow up
Absolutely. Notice how many MRP players are agreeing with this ban even though it took place on LRP. If we wanted their shitty standards, we'd play MRP instead of LRP. Almost like they don't get LRP culture.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #668896

you ever wonder if ekaterina is aware that they lowkey sabotage every side that they agree with by making everything a culture war
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #668899

exymian wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:33 am

Smh.

Yes because arguing with the admin that banned you is pointless. You could have argued about it in the ahelps and if the admin was not that sure to ban the person then he wouldnt have banned the player.

You do realize that it takes effort to convince people that a ban is placed wrongly, yes?

You do realize there is always the potential that something might be missed or not factored in, yes?

That means bringing up relevant info, yes?

That that means attempting to change the admins mind, and by extension convince the headmins, yes?

Or do you just expect entitlement in the form of everyone doing the work for you?

You also understand that appealing a ban just because you don't like that you got banned isn't a valid reason to appeal, yes?

That there has to be something actively wrong with the ban, it's intent, bias, something being overly harsh for x reason, missing info that paints things in a new light, etc., yes?

That immediately wanting to 'speak to the manager' literally shut downs the entire appeal when they could have presented any possible issues and potentially not had to wait for headmins to look at it when the ban may now very well serve it's full course in the meantime, yes? (That they will now serve out entirely because they decided not to when there was the possibility that they wouldn't have to)

That instead of doing so they could have put some actual effort into their appeal, yes?

That there might be nothing to argue against the intent of this ban even with more information?

That demanding a headmin review doesn't mean you'll get one?

Per your last appeal:
In order to successfully appeal a note, you either have to prove that the note is untruthful or unwarranted. You've done neither here.
Awfully similar, ain't it? Does it make sense that doing something like they did here is just an absolute waste of their time and fails to resolve the appeal in a timely fashion because they aren't proving anything?

Piss off and do some growing up yourself if you're going to choose to act like this by the way, this isn't a daycare center.
Hugs
conrad

Post by conrad » #668904

Misdoubtful wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:28 pm Yes?
I can hear hugs' sanity slipping.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #668905

Dude just missed the point entirely, so it clearly needed to be spelled out to them when they decided to be a toxic dickhead.

People aren't doing themselves any favors by stonewalling their own appeals like this.

When Coconut is saying something like 'At this point in time I don't see a reason to...', what he is really saying is 'you didn't do your homework yet so there is no place for this to go, or maybe there is nothing left to be said if its straight forward'.
Hugs
conrad

Post by conrad » #668907

I agree. It's a lack of empathy. Put yourself in the headmin's shoes: what are they gonna do when they read the appeal asking for a headmin ruling?

If I were headmin I would laugh and lock the thread without saying a word, as to demonstrate exatly what chimp grunting feels like from the other end.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
exymian
Byond Username: Exymian

Post by exymian » #668972

Misdoubtful wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:28 pm
exymian wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:33 am

Smh.

You do realize that it takes effort to convince people that a ban is placed wrongly, yes?

You do realize there is always the potential that something might be missed or not factored in, yes?

That means bringing up relevant info, yes?

That that means attempting to change the admins mind, and by extension convince the headmins, yes?

Or do you just expect entitlement in the form of everyone doing the work for you?

You also understand that appealing a ban just because you don't like that you got banned isn't a valid reason to appeal, yes?

That there has to be something actively wrong with the ban, it's intent, bias, something being overly harsh for x reason, missing info that paints things in a new light, etc., yes?

That immediately wanting to 'speak to the manager' literally shut downs the entire appeal when they could have presented any possible issues and potentially not had to wait for headmins to look at it when the ban may now very well serve it's full course in the meantime, yes? (That they will now serve out entirely because they decided not to when there was the possibility that they wouldn't have to)

That instead of doing so they could have put some actual effort into their appeal, yes?

That there might be nothing to argue against the intent of this ban even with more information?

That demanding a headmin review doesn't mean you'll get one?

Per your last appeal:
In order to successfully appeal a note, you either have to prove that the note is untruthful or unwarranted. You've done neither here.
Awfully similar, ain't it? Does it make sense that doing something like they did here is just an absolute waste of their time and fails to resolve the appeal in a timely fashion because they aren't proving anything?

Piss off and do some growing up yourself if you're going to choose to act like this by the way, this isn't a daycare center.
This man posted an essay im not gonna read :D
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #668976

Misdoubtful wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:28 pm That there has to be something actively wrong with the ban, it's intent, bias, something being overly harsh for x reason, missing info that paints things in a new light, etc., yes?
Did something happen to the presumption of innocence while I wasn't looking?
If not, shouldn't it be up to the admin to prove that the ban was right rather than up to the player to prove that the ban was wrong?
exymian wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:42 pm This man posted an essay im not gonna read :D
"This [lizard] went out of her way to educate/debate me and I'm going to waste her effort by not doing the bare minimum of reading it :DDDD"
Cringe.
Last edited by ekaterina on Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master

Post by Misdoubtful » #668977

exymian wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:42 pm This man posted an essay im not gonna read :D
ekaterina wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:56 pm
Misdoubtful wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:28 pm That there has to be something actively wrong with the ban, it's intent, bias, something being overly harsh for x reason, missing info that paints things in a new light, etc., yes?
If not, shouldn't it be up to the admin to prove that the ban was right rather than up to the player to prove that the ban was wrong?
Honestly, you don't really see this on servers as something that comes up in appeals. Appeals just show the cases where the extension of that innocence river has run dry, so they tend to be pretty skewed. If that makes sense.

Its up to one side as much as it is the other. In this case though the events are more or less cut and dry and don't have the most weight when this ban is all about the intentions of the ban and behavior that is trying to be curtailed. The ban isn't about how secure the TTV's were, nor is it about the mech breaking into the locker, or anything like that. Its about the creation of such a hazard on the shuttle to begin with. The circumstances of how things got blown up were already baked into the ban and resulted in the bans time reduction.
While the blame doesn't entirely lay on you here you still created this extremely situation by bringing TTVs onto the shuttle
Hugs
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #669011

ekaterina wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:56 pm
"This [lizard] went out of her way to educate/debate me and I'm going to waste her effort by not doing the bare minimum of reading it :DDDD"
Cringe.
I like you but you are a poor replacement for sinful, sadly
conrad

Post by conrad » #669050

Timber showed up, pulled up logs. Dude went "Thanks for logs. Headmin pls. Unga bunga."

If he gets unbanned or the note gets removed I'm gonna pee each of your pants.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #669051

Honestly a welded locker seems sufficient, it's not like he went "oh no i dropped a bomb"
Epoc
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epoc

Post by Epoc » #669057

if you bring bombs onto the shuttle, you're asking for trouble
simple as
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #669058

conrad wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:56 pm Timber showed up, pulled up logs. Dude went "Thanks for logs. Headmin pls. Unga bunga."

If he gets unbanned or the note gets removed I'm gonna pee each of your pants.
Can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it speak.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin