Goofball Backseat admins, gets run over by the bus

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Goofball Backseat admins, gets run over by the bus

Post by The Wrench » #669096

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33570

Lol
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Re: Goofball Backseat admins, gets run over by the bus

Post by TheFinalPotato » #670729

You know moth was one of three headmins who banned oranges for bad behavior right? You people are the worst seriously
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #670730

oranges wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:12 am We've been over this, it's not unreasonable to ask someone to justify their PR, unfortunately for them, when they did it was already too late because you and the bozo brigade decided you would weigh in and torpedo the PR.
he justified it and then mothblocks started shitposting and i responded in kind and instead of just deleting the shitposts you fucked the PR and banned me and gungy

strangely you didnt' delete mothblocks shitposts posting screenshots of the same sopranos character i did...
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #670732

So whats this Starsector I've been hearing about, can someone explain it to me indepth it looks neat
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #670733

oranges wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:12 am We've been over this, it's not unreasonable to ask someone to justify their PR, unfortunately for them, when they did it was already too late because you and the bozo brigade decided you would weigh in and torpedo the PR.
So you're just gonna ignore everything I said, huh? Even if we assume this is true (It's not), it doesn't actually answer anything I said. The only people who faced repercussions for their toxicity were the two who called you out, and not your maintainer who was hyper-toxic to someone making a genuine effort to improve the codebase.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #670734

On a not at all related note, I was quite sad the Super Auto Pets thread didn't get anymore hits. I'm having a rough time with the new Golden Pack.

Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #670735

TheFinalPotato wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:15 am You know moth was one of three headmins who banned oranges for bad behavior right? You people are the worst seriously
Oh yeah I guess that justifies being a passive aggressive power tripper in GitHub then.
Last edited by Fren256 on Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #670736

here come the usual suspect purplenames to try and derail the thread! you guys are fucking late
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #670737

I am watching history in progress. Taking bets on who is gonna get banned now!
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer

Post by TheFinalPotato » #670738

Implying that mothblocks is a sycophant when she was one of the people who did the thing to the bad man is stupid brother
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #670741

vect0r wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:25 am I am watching history in progress. Taking bets on who is gonna get banned now!
we already know that if oranges were to face any repercussions for his Chronic Fuckwit Disorder, he'd just threaten to fuck with the server by taking the codebase closed source or forking it or some other stupid fucking coder thing. That's why he can keep being a Chronic Fuckwit.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #670742

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:24 am here come the usual suspect purplenames to try and derail the thread! you guys are fucking late
What? this is literally the first time I've ever posted in a peanut thread.

NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #670743

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:24 am here come the usual suspect purplenames to try and derail the thread! you guys are fucking late
I'm not sure it's possible to derail a train that ran off the tracks some time ago and is now a burning wreckage at the bottom of some valley or something
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #670744

who cares man crag if you are so filled with anger take up boxing or something and oranges volunteer somewhere and you both will be better off
Thranos
Byond Username: Thranos

Post by Thranos » #670746

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:27 am
vect0r wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:25 am I am watching history in progress. Taking bets on who is gonna get banned now!
we already know that if oranges were to face any repercussions for his Chronic Fuckwit Disorder, he'd just threaten to fuck with the server by taking the codebase closed source or forking it or some other stupid fucking coder thing. That's why he can keep being a Chronic Fuckwit.
Load-bearing dipshit.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer

Post by TheFinalPotato » #670747

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:27 am we already know that if oranges were to face any repercussions for his Chronic Fuckwit Disorder, he'd just threaten to fuck with the server by taking the codebase closed source or forking it or some other stupid fucking coder thing. That's why he can keep being a Chronic Fuckwit.
Ignoring if this is a thing he would do or not, this isn't something oranges is capable of doing on his own, or something that would be accepted by the maintainers. Implying otherwise is a wild misunderstanding of how power over the github works
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #670748

Sightld2 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:28 am
What? this is literally the first time I've ever posted in a peanut thread.
i was mostly referring to noxvs i'm sure you're a good egg
NoxVS wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:29 am
I'm not sure it's possible to derail a train that ran off the tracks some time ago and is now a burning wreckage at the bottom of some valley or something
yeah but its ok when i derail the thread because i'm just a mischievous little guy
TheFinalPotato wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:33 am
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:27 am we already know that if oranges were to face any repercussions for his Chronic Fuckwit Disorder, he'd just threaten to fuck with the server by taking the codebase closed source or forking it or some other stupid fucking coder thing. That's why he can keep being a Chronic Fuckwit.
Ignoring if this is a thing he would do or not, this isn't something oranges is capable of doing on his own, or something that would be accepted by the maintainers. Implying otherwise is a wild misunderstanding of how power over the github works
so how come he gets to keep being a sexpest
Thranos

Post by Thranos » #670749

Super Aggro Crag wrote: so how come he gets to keep being a sexpest
Load-bearing dipshit.
That's literally it.
Read his ban appeal.
He's outright told this, and told the same shit people are saying here and now.
What I'd like is for you to stop abusing your privileged status that you pretty much have, so we never need to consider the consequences. What will probably happen is the complete opposite.
The "consequences" being what would happen if he were finally fully removed from TG by yanking him out of the git and code related areas by the roots.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer

Post by TheFinalPotato » #670751

Because it has not impacted the github at all, and the group doesn't think it's worth doing anything about/values him enough to outweigh those incidents.
Ignoring that there are more then one, headcoders do not have absolute power over the git. You know about numbers and all, it's like that. You can't do anything without the tacit agreement of the people doing the day to day running of things.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #670752

i'd honestly be happy and stop stirring the colonic cauldron so much if oranges and mothblocks admitted that mothblocks was shitposting, baiting, and being a dummy and that they shouldn't do it in the future. hell if even one of em did that it'd be super cool and everyone would be like "wow! super cool!"
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #670753

I'll stop stirring it by letting the thread exist because it's basically been shitflinging for 4 pages straight and now I have to look into the shittier posts to see whether rules were broken
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #670759

Can't believe I'm doing this but I want to try resuming without the shitflinging, there's something good in getting things out on the table but seriously keep it civil. Like actually civil. Like you would at a family reunion with someone you're sour with.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #670760

Knew this wouldn't stay locked, and the purple names who were empty posting in this thread must be unaware that this is a goof ban peanut and that it will inevitably reach 7 pages. Such is the power of Iamgoofball.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #670761

ok listen oranges and mothblocks it really steams my carrots when i perceive that i am being punished for behavior that is also being exhibited by another party that goes unpunished. i felt bad that my friend carsh came to me and said he was considering quitting the community entirely because of mothblocks behavior. i saw mothblocks acting like a dingus and i acted like a dingus back and got slapped for it. please, help me, as though you would help a stupid ugly person with bad teeth and unfashionable trousers. why is mothblocks allowed to shitpost to such a degree that people actively want to leave the community and i am not allowed to shitpost in kind?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #670762

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:22 am
So you're just gonna ignore everything I said, huh? Even if we assume this is true (It's not), it doesn't actually answer anything I said. The only people who faced repercussions for their toxicity were the two who called you out, and not your maintainer who was hyper-toxic to someone making a genuine effort to improve the codebase.

incorrect, mothblocks was not hypertoxic to carsh, carsh had some horrible things to happen to them, not that anyone could of known, that does not exempt them from the requirement to put in their PR body an description of what they were removing and why.

then before we could resolve the miscommunication caused by them saying literally nothing, their PR was spoiled by crag and the rest of you.

Lets recap here

1) the people punished are those who couldnt' keep their foot out fo their mouths for the 30 seconds on a PR they had nothing to do with.
2) carsh wasn't punished, simply had to wait
3) mothblocks was right to ask them to give more reasoning than "everyone knows"
4) the only people who are responsible for the delay are crag and the rest of you

carsh might be genuine, but they did not follow process, they didn't make a good faith effort to follow up until I got involved and when I was discussing in coderbus how to move forward, including discussing with imaginos making a replacement plush instead, crag showed up to be a genuine shit head in the PR and I decided we didn't need that bullshit for doing the work and it would be easy to punt the issue for 4 months until everyone had calmed the fuck down.

And to clear up some final things
1) i cant' close source the code
2) mothblocks ninjanomnom and rohesie from TGMC all have equal ownership over the repos and org that I do
3) I have no ability to stop the maintainers from kicking me out

The closest thing I am to load bearing is that currently I renew the tgstation13.org domain, which I have also given san and bobbah the ability to do to ensure it's not linked to just one person, but I have not and will not ever use that as a bargaining chip, just like I have not and never will use my position as repo owner as a bargaining chip.

The only value I might possess is that i've been around for longer and worked with MSO for longer, which means we are better at resolving differences, but that is not something the codebase could not live with out.
Last edited by oranges on Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #670763

Boris wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:55 am What the fuck is happening in this thread?
This ain't a thread.

It's a whole damn yarnball.
Last edited by conrad on Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #670764

Capsandi wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:57 am Knew this wouldn't stay locked, and the purple names who were empty posting in this thread must be unaware that this is a goof ban peanut and that it will inevitably reach 7 pages. Such is the power of Iamgoofball.
Seems like people have issues they want to speak about and oranges is okay with responding, tenatively it's a good thing to just talk stuff out but the keyword here is talk not screech
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #670765

oranges wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:00 am

incorrect, mothblocks was not hypertoxic to carsh, carsh had some horrible things to happen to them, not that anyone could of known, that does not exempt them from the requirement to put in their PR body an description of what they were removing and why.

then before we could resolve the miscommunication caused by them saying literally nothing, their PR was spoiled by crag and the rest of you.

Lets recap here

1) the people punished are those who couldnt' keep their foot out fo their mouths for the 30 seconds on a PR they had nothing to do with.
3) mothblocks was right to ask them to give more reasoning than "everyone knows"
4) the only people who are responsible for the delay are crag and the rest of you

carsh might be genuine, but they did not follow process, they didn't make a good faith effort to follow up until I got involved and when I was discussing in coderbus how to move forward, including discussing with imaginos making a replacement plush instead, crag showed up to be a genuine shit head in the PR and I decided we didn't need that bullshit for doing the work and it would be easy to punt the issue for 4 months until everyone had calmed the fuck down.

2) mothblocks ninjanomnom and rohesie from TGMC all have equal ownership over the repos and org that I do

The closest thing I am to load bearing is that currently I renew the tgstation13.org domain, which I have also given san and bobbah the ability to do to ensure it's not linked to just one person, but I have not and will not ever use that as a bargaining chip, just like I have not and never will use my position as repo owner as a bargaining chip.
he did make a good faith effort to follow up and you pointedly ignored him. mothblocks continued harassing him until he said fine, close the pr. punting the issue for four months has only caused it to fester and for people to get angry. i do not think you did a very good job handling the issue.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #670770

the only people who let it fester are you and cmdr gungir, both of whom recieved a ban in the issue for your behaviours, everyone else moved on and got on with the job.
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #670772

Lets recap here

The only value I might possess is that i've been around for longer and worked with MSO for longer, which means we are better at resolving differences, but that is not something the codebase could not live with out.
I.. kinda showed the timeline of what happened, mothblocks was actively instigating things with me in the manuelcord the entire time. Anne eventually said to quit it where mothblocks refused to back down and kept saying I was lying to get the plushie removed, even after I posted my reasoning in the PR. It's all in my post.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #670774

I like how he doesn't have issue with the "mothblocks continued harassing him" part. Like he knows that they get to play king in that fiefdom, you are just expected to ignore it and move on.
Image Image
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #670775

Lets recap here

while i understand carsh was never formally punished, according to carsh himself, he still gets the cold shoulder from a lot of maintainers. carsh cares more about the community than some dumb stupid fuck pickle. it would be nice to address that directly.

while mothblocks has her right to ask for more reasoning than "everyone knows", she very clearly stated her intentions to block the pr until she got the reasoning she wanted.

genuinely this whole pickle rick thing would have been over if you didn't bunker down and act as if you're in a war zone. many people want to see the pickle rick GONE and it's immature and unprofessional to base your decisions off of loud mouths
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #670776

oranges wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:09 am the only people who let it fester are you and cmdr gungir, both of whom recieved a ban in the issue for your behaviours, everyone else moved on and got on with the job.
you punished us for a behavior your compatriot was exhibiting and are essentially telling us to pound sand

dont know why you expect us to just forget how we were treated while you're openly bragging about it
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #670777

oranges wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:48 am
Thranos wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:47 am
oranges wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:42 am sure just keep repeating it and it might come true but everyone on the github ban list is there for excellent reasons.
So that's a yes to the "Got any more Techbro self-fellating deflections" about the sex pest thing, got it.
There's nothing to say on that because it's quite clear you won't change your mind and you're massively overstating your point, but whatever, it's not my place to make you happy with what happened and if you and the other two want to go on saying i'm out to rape and assault women that's on you and you can live with that. I still wont let you shit on maintainers on github for doing their job and I dont' care how much it makes you rage and sperg in players club.

I'm at peace with my fuck up.

maybe if you three were able to forgive yourselves to you wouldn't be so assmad.
LMAO this is the Mark Wahlberg "I've forgiven myself" in the wild
conrad

Post by conrad » #670778

ngl, mothblocks sounds kinda braindead lmao
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #670779

Get goof in here I bet he would provide great commentary on how to avoid wasting everyone's time by dragging an appeal out. Thats one of goof's strengths, he accepts fair judgement. If this thread reaches 6 pages I am ranting about empty posters again.
Timonk wrote:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #670780

Lets recap here

But I only came in after you blocked the PR, and the only thing Crag'd said before then, to my knowledge, was the "boil your hand in spaghetti sauce" which was a direct reference to the meme that Mothblocks had posted.

And Mothblocks wasn't asking Carsh to give more reasoning than "everyone knows", Mothblocks was demanding that Carsh admits that he just doesn't find pickle rick funny. They even admitted as much themselves. That's why I have such an issue with you for how this was handled.

But what can I do? There's noone I can go to to make a formal complaint about you. You are the top of that side of things. So all that we can do is call you out on it, on your previous behaviour. We have to make a loud enough stink to get people to look at it. You can see it here in this thread, people who weren't involved started stepping in and going "Hey yeah no this is fucked up". It won't change anything, but all we can do is get more eyes on what's going on.

That's why I asked for some repercussion for Mothblocks. Everyone was fine, and what you asked for wasn't inherently wrong (though the way you went about it could use work. If it was just about filling in the 'Why it's good for the game' properly, having your comments about R&M being made by a team of people wasn't necessary and did just make it look like you were trying to keep it in the game, please understand). So when Mothblocks' actions made someone give up on coding, when much like Crag said, I had to hear a friend say he didn't even want to appeal his permaban anymore because he was just exhausted by the community and things like that, and then we have to watch as protections are given to them in response to mild criticism of their misbehaviour, is it much of any surprise that people lashed out?

Sure, you guys have the authority, but there are more people who want to contribute than JUST the Coders, and it's important to take care to keep good relations with them, too. Please, all I want, is to keep that in mind. Squash this division. Just show us that we're treated fairly. If a Maintainer is shitposting in someone's PR and flexing their power to make them dance like a monkey in a circus, at least give them a talking to.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #670782

NoxVS wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:19 am So whats this Starsector I've been hearing about, can someone explain it to me indepth it looks neat
so as to not derail The Thread too much
assuming this is a legitimate question and not an ancient summoning ritual for me in an attempt to deflect from actual conversation
it's mount & blade in space you go to https://fractalsoftworks.com/preorder/ and select your operating system then enter the key "TEITW-HP9ON-A7HMK-WA6YA" into it when it prompts you for a software key
there's a couple videos on it but the classic one everyone knows is the SsethTzeentach video on it (which is fairly comprehensive)
you can make the game into a proper 4x by going to fractal softworks's forums (the modding section of those forums) and downloading Nexerelin

I need to make a big massive post about this in video games like i did for opus: echo of starsong so i can just link to it instead of typing this out each time
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
conrad

Post by conrad » #670783

I think the better option is to just drop tgstation and play a different game.

Have guys heard of Starsec-gunshot
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #670784

iwishforducks wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:15 am while i understand carsh was never formally punished, according to carsh himself, he still gets the cold shoulder from a lot of maintainers. carsh cares more about the community than some dumb stupid fuck pickle. it would be nice to address that directly.
I can't speak to this because I didn't say anything about carsh harassing people, I specifically have issue with other peoples behaviours on that PR, if other maintainers took away from mothblocks that carsh was harassing them, that's a comment they would have to make
iwishforducks wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:15 am while mothblocks has her right to ask for more reasoning than "everyone knows", she very clearly stated her intentions to block the pr until she got the reasoning she wanted.
I agree that this would be incorrect, however it also isn't true because headcoders dont' have the authority to unilaterally block PRs, and just as I was in the act of figuring out what was going on, crag posted and I decided I didn't want the hassle of figuring it out.
iwishforducks wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:15 am genuinely this whole pickle rick thing would have been over if you didn't bunker down and act as if you're in a war zone. many people want to see the pickle rick GONE and it's immature and unprofessional to base your decisions off of loud mouths
This could also be the case that
A) this whole pickle rick thing would be over if carsh had just said why he wanted it removed
B) Crag didn't get involved midway through

so the fault could be shared equally amongst all there.

Also the maintainers are defensive because we have a lot of PR's to get through and not a lot of time, we can't be spending time figuring out everyone's PR's from first principles when they refuse to speak to us in the first place.
Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #670785

conrad wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:18 am ngl, mothblocks sounds kinda braindead lmao
Mothblocks leaves the discord and all comprehension of their actions is thrown out the window by these "official /TG/ Station discord users". Terminal discord posters < terminal forums posters. I think thats the common ground here. Crag belittles the discord, mothblocks doesn't like it much either as evidenced by their leaving it. Truly the /TG/ station official discord was where we went wrong.
Timonk wrote:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #670786

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:15 am
oranges wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:09 am the only people who let it fester are you and cmdr gungir, both of whom recieved a ban in the issue for your behaviours, everyone else moved on and got on with the job.
you punished us for a behavior your compatriot was exhibiting and are essentially telling us to pound sand

dont know why you expect us to just forget how we were treated while you're openly bragging about it
I punished you for the behaviour you exhibited, mothblocks did not bring up unrelated information about anyone in a topic that was absolutely unrelated to it because they were mad that things did not go their way.

I've not openly bragged about anything as far as I can see.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #670788

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:19 am That's why I asked for some repercussion for Mothblocks. Everyone was fine, and what you asked for wasn't inherently wrong (though the way you went about it could use work. If it was just about filling in the 'Why it's good for the game' properly, having your comments about R&M being made by a team of people wasn't necessary and did just make it look like you were trying to keep it in the game, please understand). So when Mothblocks' actions made someone give up on coding,
I'm not sure if this is meant to be carsh but they were still making PR's
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:19 am when much like Crag said, I had to hear a friend say he didn't even want to appeal his permaban anymore because he was just exhausted by the community and things like that, and then we have to watch as protections are given to them in response to mild criticism of their misbehaviour, is it much of any surprise that people lashed out?

Sure, you guys have the authority, but there are more people who want to contribute than JUST the Coders, and it's important to take care to keep good relations with them, too. Please, all I want, is to keep that in mind. Squash this division. Just show us that we're treated fairly. If a Maintainer is shitposting in someone's PR and flexing their power to make them dance like a monkey in a circus, at least give them a talking to.
You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that mothblocks works beneath me, they are not, they are of equal stature, I can raise the conversation with them, but I do not have the power to unilaterally punish them unless ninjanomnom agrees.

Even then what would you suggest be an acceptable punishment? They had a run in with someone which got heated because of context they could never have known in the first place, and that wont' be the first or last miscommunication someone will have.

Once again to remind you there was no illeffect on the people who behaved properly other than a delay so that other people could calm donw.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #670789

Mothblocks harassed carsh and i shitposted back. You then did the feature freeze. I made fun of you two and you then banned me. Mothblocks proceded to run a whisper campaign telling all the coders that carsh was ontologically evil so he felt like he was being forced out of the community. I don't regret my actions in impugning you. Your continued disregard for the bullying actions of your compatriot shows me that I was right to say everything i have.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #670791

Then i agree that banning you was absolutely the right call and i'm even more convinced that that PR would have devolved into a shitshow if we didn't punt the issue.
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #670792

oranges wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:42 am sure just keep repeating it and it might come true but everyone on the github ban list is there for excellent reasons.
So that's a yes to the "Got any more Techbro self-fellating deflections" about the sex pest thing, got it.
There's nothing to say on that because it's quite clear you won't change your mind and you're massively overstating your point, but whatever, it's not my place to make you happy with what happened and if you and the other two want to go on saying i'm out to rape and assault women that's on you and you can live with that. I still wont let you shit on maintainers on github for doing their job and I dont' care how much it makes you rage and sperg in players club.

maybe if you three were able to forgive yourselves to you wouldn't be so assmad.
Seriously I can't believe more people are making fun of this Mark Wahlberg-ass post lmao
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #670793

It didn't devolve into a shitshow by your lazy kicking the can down your road? Awfully blasé reaction by the man who now has third parties coming in to accuse him of sexual impropriety. You still have yet to respond to carsh.
Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #670794

Asbestos Sniffer I'm calling you out dude you have been lurking since page 3, you too BrolyButterfingers this is a peanut gallery not an art gallery you gotta say something.

There is a chance they're browsing the Reider thread and I'm talking to nobody.
Last edited by Capsandi on Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timonk wrote:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #670795

those people would be in here either way because they only care about getting a reaction.

The PR has no bearing on that, and those people exist at a low level for me every day.
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #670796

oranges wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:30 am
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:19 am That's why I asked for some repercussion for Mothblocks. Everyone was fine, and what you asked for wasn't inherently wrong (though the way you went about it could use work. If it was just about filling in the 'Why it's good for the game' properly, having your comments about R&M being made by a team of people wasn't necessary and did just make it look like you were trying to keep it in the game, please understand). So when Mothblocks' actions made someone give up on coding,
I'm not sure if this is meant to be carsh but they were still making PR's
Yeah, Carsh inevitably changed his mind, because he's passionate. But the fact that it made him feel like that in the first place isn't a good sign.
Oranges wrote:
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:19 am when much like Crag said, I had to hear a friend say he didn't even want to appeal his permaban anymore because he was just exhausted by the community and things like that, and then we have to watch as protections are given to them in response to mild criticism of their misbehaviour, is it much of any surprise that people lashed out?

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that mothblocks works beneath me, they are not, they are of equal stature, I can raise the conversation with them, but I do not have the power to unilaterally punish them unless ninjanomnom agrees.

Even then what would you suggest be an acceptable punishment? They had a run in with someone which got heated because of context they could never have known in the first place, and that wont' be the first or last miscommunication someone will have.

Once again to remind you there was no illeffect on the people who behaved properly other than a delay so that other people could calm donw.
My suggestion would just be a stern talking to. The acknowledgement that they can't just block PR's willy-nilly. It's clear that Mothblocks thought that Carsh was just lying about his reasoning. But the thing is...even if that's true and he was, does it matter? Everyone in the PR was in agreement that it should be removed, or at least replaced, because the meme was tired and dead. Whatever peoples' personal reasons for it were, the PR was still good. Blocking it just because Carsh wouldn't say the reason that Mothblocks wanted him to was childish and immature from them.

Again, the series of events were that other than Crag making a shitpost reference back to Mothblocks in direct response and same-reference that Mothblocks was making, there wasn't any toxicity before you put the four month block on. So I'd like to know why you did that, too.
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #670797

Capsandi wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:34 am Asbestos Sniffer I'm calling you out dude you have been lurking since page 3, you too BrolyButterfingers this is a peanut gallery not an art gallery you gotta say something.

There is a chance they're browsing the Reider thread and I'm talking to nobody.
Alright I'll do more than just gawk:

Oranges not noticing in the entirety of his summer appeal against his permaban that Timber was telling him the only reason he wasn't permabanned entirely was being he was a load-bearing asshole is fucking hilarious and also very sad, and the fact that he got told that and doesn't have the personal shame to disappear when his past behaviour is brought up is actually kind of impressive in the sense that watching a crashed train slowly slide down a hill is impressive.

The fact that he is "at peace with" his past behaviour is weird and cringe and anyone who actually internalized their past actions wouldn't ever phrase it that way unless they were an incredible piece of shit.
Thranos

Post by Thranos » #670798

BrolyButterfingers wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:33 am

Seriously I can't believe more people are making fun of this Mark Wahlberg-ass post lmao
It's hard to poke fun at something that's already the biggest joke imaginable.