Incomprehensible blacklist appeal.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Incomprehensible blacklist appeal.

Post by Turbonerd » #669829

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33597

Cnam5!!3 bothered to read it, it's kinda meh. My question is, what's the point in a blacklist if people can just appeal them? This is dumb. How did this even get surfaced to the forums?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Incomprehensible blacklist appeal.

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #669836

*burp* one time we blacklisted a dude for cyberstalking an underage girl and doxing her and the admins let him come back into the community under a new name and we the playerbase didn't know about it for 9 months until he acted retarded enough that someone leaked his true identity
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #669839

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:44 pm *burp* one time we blacklisted a dude for cyberstalking an underage girl and doxing her and the admins let him come back into the community under a new name and we the playerbase didn't know about it for 9 months until he acted retarded enough that someone leaked his true identity
what the hell
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #669840

it's 100 percent true his name was "helios127" and they let him come back as "the clowns pocket"
Henriquekill9576
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: HenriqueKill9576

Post by Henriquekill9576 » #669874

Doesn't really matter if you think its incomprehensible, it only makes sense to MSO and other people who were there who (hopefully) remember alot of context to this

Plus if you read the appeal or was there the day it happened its pretty clear he shouldn't really be the one blacklisted since he was not the one posting the dox website and was only caught at the wrong place at the wrong time

The shitload of admins and players advocating for his unblacklisting also shows that
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #669886

ew, all the gross tgmc people are coming around.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #669892

Completely lacking context/logs/everything so. Good luck to the dude if he's innocent. Bad luck grr grr 🤬 if not.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #669893

Kinda antithetical to what a "blacklist" is but hey if any appeal is going to work, that's the one
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #669915

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:44 pm *burp* one time we blacklisted a dude for cyberstalking an underage girl and doxing her and the admins let him come back into the community under a new name and we the playerbase didn't know about it for 9 months until he acted retarded enough that someone leaked his true identity
prove it
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #669923

holy shit all of tgmc is stepping up for this guy
respect (let him do his thing)
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #669929

toemas wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:20 am
prove it
Not gonna confirm or deny if this is true, but I do remember The Clowns Pocket and he definitely acted retarded while here. I also remember hearing something about how he was an old player under a new name but not 100% sure, it was a while ago. I remember him making "add poo" threads or some shit until he got told to stop or maybe even forum banned.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #669935

dumb hypothetical question: in theory, if a player managed to ban evade but demonstrated that they otherwise broke no rules, over a significant period of time, would that player be able to use a vouch from /tg/station for their prior ban upon getting caught?
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #669936

datorangebottle wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:50 am dumb hypothetical question: in theory, if a player managed to ban evade but demonstrated that they otherwise broke no rules, over a significant period of time, would that player be able to use a vouch from /tg/station for their prior ban upon getting caught?
I doubt that. They would have been ban evading the whole time. That's not a good look.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #669940

datorangebottle wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:50 am dumb hypothetical question: in theory, if a player managed to ban evade but demonstrated that they otherwise broke no rules, over a significant period of time, would that player be able to use a vouch from /tg/station for their prior ban upon getting caught?
I doubt it since the main issue was not their ingame conduct but their conduct in the greater community. By all accounts it seems like they were upstanding members of the community ingame, they just fucked up when they opened discord.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #669952

Discord is a mistake.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #669958

yeah, and I'm pretty sure it happened before. You do really have to be on your best behavior when evading to not raise any eyebrows.

edit: wouldn't apply to blacklists tho
► Show Spoiler
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #669961

What striders said.

The ultimate goal of rule enforcement is to end up with players that follow the rules.

People that evade then follow the rules and stay off the radar are doing precisely what we wanted in the first place.

Appealing in the first place when you previously evaded shows growth of character.

It would be nice if nobody evaded at all, but life is never so straightforward.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #669979

toemas wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:20 am
prove it
oranges will confirm this
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #670054

Turbonerd wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:55 am
I doubt that. They would have been ban evading the whole time. That's not a good look.
Yes, but while ban evading, they consistently demonstrated that they'd revised their understanding of the other rules and were able to act completely in compliance with them. Surely this would count for something?
BeeSting12 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:02 am I doubt it since the main issue was not their ingame conduct but their conduct in the greater community. By all accounts it seems like they were upstanding members of the community ingame, they just fucked up when they opened discord.
...I was asking a hypothetical question mostly unrelated to the appeal at large.
Striders13 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:39 am yeah, and I'm pretty sure it happened before. You do really have to be on your best behavior when evading to not raise any eyebrows.

edit: wouldn't apply to blacklists tho
Edit makes sense. Blacklists tend to be more unique and severe punishments anyway. It's interesting that there might be precedent for it.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:57 am The ultimate goal of rule enforcement is to end up with players that follow the rules.

People that evade then follow the rules and stay off the radar are doing precisely what we wanted in the first place.

Appealing in the first place when you previously evaded shows growth of character.

It would be nice if nobody evaded at all, but life is never so straightforward.
I like this angle. It's not one I expected, for some reason.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #670141

someone get oranges in here
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #670521

Alexei right now:
https://youtu.be/-O_1Jp36xHI?t=173

Scene from Better Call Saul, no real spoilers.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #670522

Everyone should probably temper their expectations because the odds of this getting lifted are about zero.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #670586

TGMC avengers unite to bail their friend out including the guy who let out his baby rage in snake profile pics
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #670659

toemas wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:14 am someone get oranges in here
it's true enough, I don't remember the specifics but they let them back in under a different name.

I don't recall what they were banned for originally though so I don't know if crag is right about that.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #670889

I only remember that a lot of people who are now permanently banned from tg station were furious when it came out
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #672037

Disappointing conclusion. TGMC even came out in force in support of this man and MSO didn't grant him clemency. Sad.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #672042

ekaterina wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:55 pm Disappointing conclusion. TGMC even came out in force in support of this man and MSO didn't grant him clemency. Sad.
It was a blacklist.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #672044

Turbonerd wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:10 pm
ekaterina wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:55 pm Disappointing conclusion. TGMC even came out in force in support of this man and MSO didn't grant him clemency. Sad.
It was a blacklist.
it's Video Game Space Station 13 you hold it way too sacred
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #672049

iwishforducks wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:12 pm
Turbonerd wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:10 pm
It was a blacklist.
it's Video Game Space Station 13 you hold it way too sacred
Oh you're right! It IS a video game! So I guess doxxers are allowed to be in our community.
I'm not holding anything sacred when the bar is that low, "No doxxers"
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #672050

and you might be reading those posts, "he didn't mean to!"
I've never accidentally spread dox
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #672058

let he who has not done something stupid on the internet once in their life cast the first stone
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #672060

iwishforducks wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:30 am let he who has not done something stupid on the internet once in their life cast the first stone
me? ive never done anything wrong..
respect (let him do his thing)
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #672066

yeah it was stupid, hence the blacklist which we have no obligation to lift because once a doxxer always a doxxer and there's a non-zero reoffending rate from people who do it once
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #672069

the best was I can put it is like, imagine you were in a community, and someone doxxed you, and then you learned that the admins unblacklisted them for doxxing in the past
I'd be fucking pissed
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #672094

Armhulen wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:06 am and you might be reading those posts, "he didn't mean to!"
I hate it when I sneeze while typing and accidentally link someone's social media.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #672130

Armhulen wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:06 am and you might be reading those posts, "he didn't mean to!"
It's not even that, it's that he didn't do it, some other guy he was talking to did.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #673098

ekaterina wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:44 am
It's not even that, it's that he didn't do it, some other guy he was talking to did.
theres only one correct response to dox my friend