Please, for the love of god, murder vow-breaking mimes

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
TheSmallBlue
Byond Username: SmallBlue

Please, for the love of god, murder vow-breaking mimes

Post by TheSmallBlue » #669897

This, I believe, is a MRP exclusive issue.

If you're a MRP player, and you see a mime breaking their vow of silence;

FUCKING KILL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as I can tell there is NOTHING on the RP rules that explicitly nullifies the Headmin ruling on talking mimes being valid, there are NO rulings that specify that this doesn't follow proper escalation on the MRP ruleset, so really, you have NO excuse!!! KILL THEM!!!! FUCKING KILL THEM PLEASE!!!!!

Every day that goes by on Manuel I see a new mime break their vow and the crew's response is always "meh!" when it should be INSTANT DEATH

That's it that's all I had to say thank you for listening
When human I go by Bluti Kabooti, when AI I go by Azure
Comm from
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Re: Please, for the love of god, murder vow-breaking mimes

Post by conrad » #669899

Most well adjusted cat.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here.
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #669904

TheSmallBlue wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:15 am This, I believe, is a MRP exclusive issue.

If you're a MRP player, and you see a mime breaking their vow of silence;

FUCKING KILL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as I can tell there is NOTHING on the RP rules that explicitly nullifies the Headmin ruling on talking mimes being valid, there are NO rulings that specify that this doesn't follow proper escalation on the MRP ruleset, so really, you have NO excuse!!! KILL THEM!!!! FUCKING KILL THEM PLEASE!!!!!

Every day that goes by on Manuel I see a new mime break their vow and the crew's response is always "meh!" when it should be INSTANT DEATH

That's it that's all I had to say thank you for listening
LOL no bitch.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #669905

so brave
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #669906

mimes talking is failrp you should cave their skulls in asap
Weston Echard on Sybil
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #669916

Remembering during one round in birdshit that me as paramed, the clown and the chef restrained and dragged the mime down to the surgery room to remove their tongue, because I had seen them talk, the clown wanted revenge and the chef just wanted their tongue. I think they were pretty pissed by that and even kept speaking, because shortly after a secoff gunned them down. I dunno it was a pretty funny shitshow lol.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
AlamoTurtle
Byond Username: Alamo Turtle

Post by AlamoTurtle » #669918

*points to maintenance*
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #669922

I was observing that round OP and I was also very mad that the mime in question was not killed on the spot.
I hope MRP players do better in future it was very disappointing to see.
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #669963

Mimes who talk should be hunted down by the mime police and shot
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #669968

Archie700 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:21 pm Mimes who talk should be hunted down by the mime police and shot
*looks at armhulenn
[this space reserved]
rasonj
Byond Username: Rasonj

Post by rasonj » #669970

CentComm should send internal affairs mimes to investigate and execute vow breaking mimes that the crew do not deal with.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #669994

Sanest ss13 conversation
Hugs
TheSmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #670011

rasonj wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:26 pm CentComm should send internal affairs mimes to investigate and execute vow breaking mimes that the crew do not deal with.
If in the next headmin elections a candidate promises to enforce this I'd vote for them in a heartbeat.
Goof'd be the only one that would do it though
Comm from
rasonj
Byond Username: Rasonj

Post by rasonj » #670087

Code in a ghost role mid round like lone ops that has a chance to spawn every minute a mime's vow is broken
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #670198

rasonj wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:23 pm Code in a ghost role mid round like lone ops that has a chance to spawn every minute a mime's vow is broken
Imagine if a mime speaking spawned a Mime Police will all the mime powers. Sole goal is to kidnap vow breaker.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #670206

Hot take but I'm pretty sure one of the worst things to evolve in this game is how just insanely bloodthirsty some people are and I really don't know when or why the fuck it started.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #670207

Vekter wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:11 pm Hot take but I'm pretty sure one of the worst things to evolve in this game is how just insanely bloodthirsty some people are and I really don't know when or why the fuck it started.
Hot take but the worst thing to evolve in this game is people thinking conflict is bad and should be avoided.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #670218

CPTANT wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:27 pm
Vekter wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:11 pm Hot take but I'm pretty sure one of the worst things to evolve in this game is how just insanely bloodthirsty some people are and I really don't know when or why the fuck it started.
Hot take but the worst thing to evolve in this game is people thinking conflict is bad and should be avoided.
These aren't mutually exclusive; conflict is fine. Beating the absolute piss out of someone just because the rules say you can isn't always fine.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #670220

The opposite of being insanely bloodthirsty isn't avoiding conflict.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here.
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
TheSmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #670253

Vekter wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:18 pm
These aren't mutually exclusive; conflict is fine. Beating the absolute piss out of someone just because the rules say you can isn't always fine.
Factually incorrect, I don't wanna beat the piss out of someone just cus "the rules say so", I wanna beat the piss out of people who choose a job with a really specific gimmick only to purposefully void it. The fact the rules allow it is what changes that "I wanna" to a "I'm gonna"
Comm from
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #670260

TheSmallBlue wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:13 pm
Factually incorrect, I don't wanna beat the piss out of someone just cus "the rules say so", I wanna beat the piss out of people who choose a job with a really specific gimmick only to purposefully void it. The fact the rules allow it is what changes that "I wanna" to a "I'm gonna"
Are we specifically talking about mimes that actively talk constantly with no regard for their vow or a mime that just says a single line at some point because someone's harming them? If someone's just ignoring their vow, sure, beat them into crit, whatever. If they're talking because of an emergency, that's different.
Spoiler:

TheSmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #670267

Vekter wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:55 pm Are we specifically talking about mimes that actively talk constantly with no regard for their vow or a mime that just says a single line at some point because someone's harming them? If someone's just ignoring their vow, sure, beat them into crit, whatever. If they're talking because of an emergency, that's different.
The first type, I made this post during a Manuel round in which a mime was arrested and they immediately broke their vow just to shit talk sec, after which they taunted them for not being able to kill them since it was mrp, these kinds of vow breakers are the ones I see very frequently on Manuel and they deserve to be delimbed on sight
Comm from
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #670271

TheSmallBlue wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:28 pm
Vekter wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:55 pm Are we specifically talking about mimes that actively talk constantly with no regard for their vow or a mime that just says a single line at some point because someone's harming them? If someone's just ignoring their vow, sure, beat them into crit, whatever. If they're talking because of an emergency, that's different.
The first type, I made this post during a Manuel round in which a mime was arrested and they immediately broke their vow just to shit talk sec, after which they taunted them for not being able to kill them since it was mrp, these kinds of vow breakers are the ones I see very frequently on Manuel and they deserve to be delimbed on sight
Oh, yeah nah, beat those guys, that's fine.
Spoiler:

vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #670273

Vekter wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:55 pm
Are we specifically talking about mimes that actively talk constantly with no regard for their vow or a mime that just says a single line at some point because someone's harming them? If someone's just ignoring their vow, sure, beat them into crit, whatever. If they're talking because of an emergency, that's different.
As a mime player, when I say something, even if it is one word, I am ready to die. Mimes that way shit should be fucking scared.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #670274

Vekter wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:55 pm
As a mime player, when I say something, even if it is one word, I am ready to die. Mimes that way shit should be fucking scared.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #670280

Mimes breaking their vow HAS become a pretty common thing on Manuel, I've gone from seeing it like once in six months to seeing it once a week.

The fear of God needs to be put back into Manuel mimery.

As for admin rulings: I ahelped about beating up a mime that broke its vows a couple of weeks ago on Manuel and was told I could not.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #670281

BrolyButterfingers wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:11 pm Mimes breaking their vow HAS become a pretty common thing on Manuel, I've gone from seeing it like once in six months to seeing it once a week.

As for admin rulings: I ahelped about beating up a mime that broke its vows a couple of weeks ago on Manuel and was told I could not.
If you're noticing a specific mime player doing this multiple times in multiple rounds, ahelp it. Also please let me know who the admin was that said you couldn't, they are wrong.
Spoiler:

BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #670282

Vekter wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:17 pm
BrolyButterfingers wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:11 pm Mimes breaking their vow HAS become a pretty common thing on Manuel, I've gone from seeing it like once in six months to seeing it once a week.

If you're noticing a specific mime player doing this multiple times in multiple rounds, ahelp it. Also please let me know who the admin was that said you couldn't, they are wrong.
You're gonna have to point me to that tool that lets me look at my old ahelps because I have full-ass forgotten what it is
TheSmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #670330

BrolyButterfingers wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:19 pm You're gonna have to point me to that tool that lets me look at my old ahelps because I have full-ass forgotten what it is
https://bus.moth.fans/

now shoo go away this is about murdering mimes not murdering admins
Comm from
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #670363

TheSmallBlue wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:00 pm
BrolyButterfingers wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:19 pm You're gonna have to point me to that tool that lets me look at my old ahelps because I have full-ass forgotten what it is
https://bus.moth.fans/

now shoo go away this is about murdering mimes not murdering admins
I showed the ticket to Vekter, they made sure to get a headmin to say murdering talking mimes is fine
cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #670370

Ill say something on a more serious note. I've seen some really funny mimes talking in broken french and ive only seen a small handful of silent mimes be anything beyond an assistant who doesn't have to talk to people.
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #670372

and we just let clowns take off their shoes huh?
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #670393

kayozz wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:27 am and we just let clowns take off their shoes huh?
Ya, if they have a comedic reason or costume???? I swear people are the most restrictive turds in sandbox games.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #670398

wesoda25 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:40 pm
Archie700 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:21 pm Mimes who talk should be hunted down by the mime police and shot
*looks at armhulenn
WHAT
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #670418

cybersaber101 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:23 am Ill say something on a more serious note. I've seen some really funny mimes talking in broken french and ive only seen a small handful of silent mimes be anything beyond an assistant who doesn't have to talk to people.
The broken french is probably just the french beret
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #670480

cybersaber101 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:45 am
kayozz wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:27 am and we just let clowns take off their shoes huh?
Ya, if they have a comedic reason or costume???? I swear people are the most restrictive turds in sandbox games.
They should be brave enough to do it knowing the consequences, it'd make the bit even funnier
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #670545

vow breaking is much funnier now that it's logged, you can see mimes breaking it to mald.
mindstormy
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Mindstormy

Post by mindstormy » #670556

chocolate_bickie wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:06 pm
rasonj wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:23 pm Code in a ghost role mid round like lone ops that has a chance to spawn every minute a mime's vow is broken
Imagine if a mime speaking spawned a Mime Police will all the mime powers. Sole goal is to kidnap vow breaker.
I love this idea.
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #670610

mindstormy wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:02 pm
chocolate_bickie wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:06 pm
I love this idea.
It could be like the Waldo/Bounty Hunter event but actually fun!
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #670862

People do valid-hunt based on legality, but I think the mime thing isn't just about getting free salads. It's just about the joke itself... of nobody having tolerance for mimes not going full ironman-mode with their role. It's a dumb joke, but since it's longstanding, it's kinda funny.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #670879

Kill talking mimes. Behead talking mimes. Roundhouse kick talking mimes into the concrete. Slam dunk a talking mime into the trash can. Crucify filthy talking mimes. Defecate in a talking mime's mask. Launch talking mime's out disposals. Stirfry talking mimes in a wok. Toss talking mimes into lava streams on lavaland. Put plasma in a talking mime's cigarette. Judo throw talking mimes into the super matter engine. Twist talking mime's heads off. Report talking mimes to the security, the syndicate, centcom, and the admins. Sleeping Carp a talking mime in half. Curb stomp talking mimes. Trap talking mimes in a welded locker. Crush talking mimes in the trash compactor. Turn mimes into burgers via the gibber. Eat the talking mime after they get turned into a burger. Disect talking mimes. Exterminate talking mimes in a burning plasma chamber. Put talking mimes to the boot, medium style. Cremate talking mimes in the chaplin's crematorium. Debrain talking mimes. Mandatory organ removal for talking mimes. Table slam talking mimes until they turn into paste. Drown talking mime's in the chef's fryer. Vaporize talking mimes with a pulse rifle. Push talking mimes in front of the tram. Feed talking mimes to lizard people. Slice talking mimes with a katana.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Hoxha
Byond Username: Haddam Sussein

Post by Hoxha » #670979

based
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #671141

Armhulen wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:00 am
wesoda25 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:40 pm
*looks at armhulenn
WHAT
Idk man, kinda seems like a tralcore idea if you ask me
[this space reserved]