This is not a peanut thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

This is not a peanut thread

Post by conrad » #670001

This is a mental health check. We did one last month.

Please remember to leave the house at least for a bit of fresh air each day. Stay hydrated, remember to eat.

If you can, exercise. It's good for you!

How are you doing this late winter?
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Re: This is not a peanut thread

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #670004

I was about to ask what if our mental health means we CAN'T leave the house and then I remembered my garden that i've neglected to water for half a week i hope it's doing okay
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #670015

i've been trying to keep up on my workout grind but recently my body has felt like shit and so i haven't been doing it as much. probably because the season is starting to turn here into spring (i am very allergic)
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
conrad

Post by conrad » #670025

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:08 pm I was about to ask what if our mental health means we CAN'T leave the house and then I remembered my garden that i've neglected to water for half a week i hope it's doing okay
If you literally can't leave the house, it's fine. Do your best: crack open a window, or just open the blinds and let the sun shine for a bit.

But consider the option of just heading out for one to two minutes. No need for long walks, or to go for a run. Go out, grab some fresh air, set a chair down and just contemplate. Then go back in, you've done great.
iwishforducks wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:09 pm i've been trying to keep up on my workout grind but recently my body has felt like shit and so i haven't been doing it as much. probably because the season is starting to turn here into spring (i am very allergic)
Oof yeah, that's gonna be tough. Is it possible to get a shot for that? A friend of mine takes a shot at the beginning of spring and they're mostly fine.

Keep up the grind king 💪
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Imaginos
Byond Username: PositiveEntropy

Post by Imaginos » #670047

conrad wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:05 pm Please remember to leave the house at least for a bit of fresh air each day. Stay hydrated, remember to eat.
Almost did all these, but I'm thankful you pointed out staying hydrated because my throat's dry. You're an empathetic person!
Hello! I'm PositiveEntropy, Spritetainer and AdminTrainer extraordinaire! If you feel like sending any feedback, you may be interested in checking it out here.

conrad

Post by conrad » #670052

Imaginos wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:23 pm
conrad wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:05 pm Please remember to leave the house at least for a bit of fresh air each day. Stay hydrated, remember to eat.
Almost did all these, but I'm thankful you pointed out staying hydrated because my throat's dry. You're an empathetic person!
I shitpost and troll but deep down I do care. Stay healthy :heart:
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #670118

conrad wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:26 pm
CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:08 pm I was about to ask what if our mental health means we CAN'T leave the house and then I remembered my garden that i've neglected to water for half a week i hope it's doing okay
If you literally can't leave the house, it's fine. Do your best: crack open a window, or just open the blinds and let the sun shine for a bit.

But consider the option of just heading out for one to two minutes. No need for long walks, or to go for a run. Go out, grab some fresh air, set a chair down and just contemplate. Then go back in, you've done great.
This is good advice and was why I started the garden. It's motivation to go out for even like, five minutes at a time, and gives me a feeling of satisfaction.

I'll get back to it today, though o7
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #670166

i did my first barbell squats last week, we started out pretty light, just 70kg
conrad

Post by conrad » #670173

oranges wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:50 am i did my first barbell squats last week, we started out pretty light, just 70kg
That sounds good man, it's more than a regular beginners (which is just the bar with no weights). Now you just gotta find a weight that you're comfortable with. Keep up the good work.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #670178

I went back out to the garden today. The rocket and what I think is a patch of pumpkin (it's growing out of where we composted) is still doing okay, so it should be salvageable.
conrad

Post by conrad » #670186

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:13 am

I went back out to the garden today. The rocket and what I think is a patch of pumpkin (it's growing out of where we composted) is still doing okay, so it should be salvageable.
Nice. Rosemary is a cool one if you have the space. It makes seasoning salmon much, much cheaper and the plant is HUEG so you can take pictures of it n stuff.

Send pictures of your garden!
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
conrad

Post by conrad » #670191

I'm thinking of doing these every month, to share some positivity. I'm a big proponent of positive mental attitude and I feel we could all use an outlet to be whatever the opposite of toxic is.

These days we get lots of advice on how to be healthier mentally (exercise four times a week, go for a walk/run everyday) when there are plenty of smaller, easier goals you can start with to then get to that point.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #670199

conrad wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:44 pm I'm thinking of doing these every month, to share some positivity. I'm a big proponent of positive mental attitude and I feel we could all use an outlet to be whatever the opposite of toxic is.

These days we get lots of advice on how to be healthier mentally (exercise four times a week, go for a walk/run everyday) when there are plenty of smaller, easier goals you can start with to then get to that point.
This relates to advice i had heard a long time ago that helped me out of a slump: non-zero days

https://www.digg.com/r/NonZeroDay/com ... are_button
respect (let him do his thing)
conrad

Post by conrad » #670209

kinnebian wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:12 pm
conrad wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:44 pm I'm thinking of doing these every month, to share some positivity. I'm a big proponent of positive mental attitude and I feel we could all use an outlet to be whatever the opposite of toxic is.

This relates to advice i had heard a long time ago that helped me out of a slump: non-zero days

https://www.digg.com/r/NonZeroDay/com ... are_button
I haven't seen that before! That's it, rule 1! Anything is better than nothing. Love that, thanks for sharing!
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #670300

I think it was around this time last year when I got so pissed off and upset that it somehow got me to start exercising. Somehow I've kept that up pretty decently since then. Recently my nephew convinced me to go to the local gym together. It's a lot better than I thought it would be. I thought it would be a noisy place with lots of people but it's usually pretty quiet.
Last week i slipped into a similar mood as last year for a couple of days. Then it went away suspiciously fast, just like last year. Circumstances are somewhat similar, so there's a chance that I'll be in for a doozy in two weeks. At least I've got the exercise thing down this time around, it helps quite a bit.
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)