Reider 1984'ing a clown that just wanted to pursue his blade smithing career.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Reider 1984'ing a clown that just wanted to pursue his blade smithing career.

Post by LeekiLoku » #670436

Poor clowns, lets stand up for them

Sad world we live in. Also i have private information from reider that he has another note appeal queue'd up so lets get ready for that one.

Your one and only news anchor, Mr. Chang.

Edit: I didnt think that this would get that much attention, please reframe from judging reider. They are well you know...
Last edited by LeekiLoku on Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Re: Reider 1984'ing a clown that just wanted to pursue his blade smithing career.

Post by Turbonerd » #670439

This note is because of his horrible NRP play. Reider's appeal is nonsense. He talks about how his actions were justified because they were antagonists, and doesn't talk about his horrible NRP play, which is what the note is actually about.
LeekiLoku

Re: Reider 1984'ing a clown that just wanted to pursue his blade smithing career.

Post by LeekiLoku » #670443

Turbonerd wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:12 pm This note is because of his horrible NRP play. Reider's appeal is nonsense. He talks about how his actions were justified because they were antagonists, and doesn't talk about his horrible NRP play, which is what the note is actually about.
Yea i know, its NRP i was mostly just joking around. I hope the note gets denied no sense in doing that on a hunch.
rasonj
Byond Username: Rasonj

Post by rasonj » #670453

I was observing this round and sent the initial Ahelp because Reider strip searched the clown with no provocation and then used the glass and matches he found in the clowns bag to justify keeping all of his stuff after the HoS told him no on executing or tracker implanting. It is important to note that at this point, the clown had created zero rifts and reider did not yet have the forensic scanner. After this encounter, he stole the detective scanner and used it to grudge the clown the rest of the shift, constantly asking the AI where he was and following him everywhere.

Also, enjoy the incredible Reider RP you can expect every single round for the first ten minutes as he shovestuns everyone that gets near him and then wordlessly batons and searches them if they have the audacity to shove back.
► Show Spoiler
Also, this PDA exchange is why I like Kayla HoS so much, Reider PDAs them to complain about not getting to execute the clown, and they respond with how nice and cool security is. Fun side note, this was the round I got Kayla demoted from Roboticist by leading a gang of ghosts to troll them with the ectosniffer to the point that they went crazy and the RD fired them for not doing their job.
► Show Spoiler
LeekiLoku

Post by LeekiLoku » #670454

rasonj wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:01 pm I was observing this round and sent the initial Ahelp because Reider strip searched the clown with no provocation and then used the glass and matches he found in the clowns bag to justify keeping all of his stuff after the HoS told him no on executing or tracker implanting. It is important to note that at this point, the clown had created zero rifts and reider did not yet have the forensic scanner. After this encounter, he stole the detective scanner and used it to grudge the clown the rest of the shift, constantly asking the AI where he was and following him everywhere.
Thanks yea, i was messaging him on discord saying how he had no right to do that and it was NRP. He still stands that it wasnt NRP and he should get it removed.
I was a little bit hazzy on the details because i cant read logs. I lose my place alot.
maskenary
Byond Username: Maskenary

Post by maskenary » #670456

rasonj wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:01 pm Also, enjoy the incredible Reider RP you can expect every single round for the first ten minutes as he shovestuns everyone that gets near him and then wordlessly batons and searches them if they have the audacity to shove back.
You’re dumping a long ass combat log with no context.
rasonj

Post by rasonj » #670457

maskenary wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:12 pm
rasonj wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:01 pm Also, enjoy the incredible Reider RP you can expect every single round for the first ten minutes as he shovestuns everyone that gets near him and then wordlessly batons and searches them if they have the audacity to shove back.
If wordlessly dumping a long ass combat on unsuspecting clowns is good enough for you, it's good enough for me.
rasonj

Post by rasonj » #670458

On a more fun note, here is the ghost rebellion leading to Kayla getting commited at the psych ward.
► Show Spoiler
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #670469

I still get impressed with players having hundreds of hours and years of gameplay on their account and still getting noted or banned. lmao
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #670475

rasonj wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:01 pm I was observing this round and sent the initial Ahelp because Reider strip searched the clown with no provocation and then used the glass and matches he found in the clowns bag to justify keeping all of his stuff after the HoS told him no on executing or tracker implanting. It is important to note that at this point, the clown had created zero rifts and reider did not yet have the forensic scanner. After this encounter, he stole the detective scanner and used it to grudge the clown the rest of the shift, constantly asking the AI where he was and following him everywhere.

Also, enjoy the incredible Reider RP you can expect every single round for the first ten minutes as he shovestuns everyone that gets near him and then wordlessly batons and searches them if they have the audacity to shove back.
► Show Spoiler
Also, this PDA exchange is why I like Kayla HoS so much, Reider PDAs them to complain about not getting to execute the clown, and they respond with how nice and cool security is. Fun side note, this was the round I got Kayla demoted from Roboticist by leading a gang of ghosts to troll them with the ectosniffer to the point that they went crazy and the RD fired them for not doing their job.
► Show Spoiler
post the first two paragraphs in the appeal since they’re relevant
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #670476

i still see reider wordlessly brawl and then firelock crush people btw
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #670479

It doesn't matter what the context was, that was NRP shittery. Why are you bypassing the IC filter by saying "amogus" in a weird way?
conrad

Post by conrad » #670482

Your behaviour in the combat log needs no context. It's very funny, in a "that kid is touching the electric fence again" kind of way.

The kid is you by the way.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #670483

Can't wait for this validhunting security player to be struck down so that I can go back to ignoring sec as an antag because the rest of the station is also full of validhunting powergamers.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #670505

the biggest problem is that whoever the HoS (or even captain if you consider them part of security) was didnt authorize a tracking implant. Being nice and not executing or throwing the heretic in jail is a choice you can make but not atleast tracking implant? thats really dumb and I dont think its NRP to bully the clown if youve already exhausted all of your options of handling it the "right" way. Reider also didnt even rr the clown or secretly perma them he was just bullying them probably because he felt failed by his higher ups in terms of keeping the station safe

Even if Reider should get better at some aspects of security work, the two cases referenced by scriptis kinda seem odd. Even in the second case its not like reider didnt have a reason to suspect the roboticists so it wasnt like he was throwing a dart at the crew manifest and checking whoever it landed on.

I guess its up to if headmins think those two incidents are big enough to push note escalation even further for maskanery
rasonj

Post by rasonj » #670515

TheLoLSwat wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:15 pm the biggest problem is that whoever the HoS (or even captain if you consider them part of security) was didnt authorize a tracking implant. Being nice and not executing or throwing the heretic in jail is a choice you can make but not atleast tracking implant? thats really dumb and I dont think its NRP to bully the clown if youve already exhausted all of your options of handling it the "right" way. Reider also didnt even rr the clown or secretly perma them he was just bullying them probably because he felt failed by his higher ups in terms of keeping the station safe
You are ignoring the part where Reider wordlessly walked up to the clown, batoned him, dragged him to the brig. strip searched him, and his only evidence was that he had glass and matches in his backpack. This was within the first 3 minutes of the shift, Reider had spent that time NRP shoving people in the hallway, and had just finished doing the same thing to Fran, but found nothing interesting in their backpack. The clown has created no rifts at this point and had never used his heretic hand. Frankly, Reider should have been sec banned for going back to his old habits of no reason arrest/strip searching and that sec ban should have been escalated to a full server ban because he has already been sec banned for this exact behavior.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #670518

rasonj wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:50 pm Frankly, Reider should have been sec banned for going back to his old habits of no reason arrest/strip searching and that sec ban should have been escalated to a full server ban because he has already been sec banned for this exact behavior.
I always ahelp when a sec officer no interaction batons and searches me. I recommend everyone else do the same.
:shades:

p.s.: the point is that the more people do this, the more people get noted/banned for shitty NRP sec play.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #670519

I shoved Reider out of the way once in medical, I was critted. Riots ensued.

Undoubable robust sec player. His silent playstyle is still undeniably unfun.
► Show Spoiler
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #670526

I don't play much at the same times as Reider but I'm getting the impression that they aren't very good at roleplaying.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
maskenary
Byond Username: Maskenary

Post by maskenary » #670527

rasonj wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:50 pm You are ignoring the part where Reider wordlessly walked up to the clown, batoned him, dragged him to the brig. strip searched him, and his only evidence was that he had glass and matches in his backpack. This was within the first 3 minutes of the shift, Reider had spent that time NRP shoving people in the hallway, and had just finished doing the same thing to Fran, but found nothing interesting in their backpack. The clown has created no rifts at this point and had never used his heretic hand.
Anyone important please ignore these clowns. They’re asspulling their own context based off preset opinion of me. Frann was hacking into EVA when I arrested them. Clown had created medbay lobby rift when I arrested them.
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #670529

Vekter wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:10 pm I don't play much at the same times as Reider but I'm getting the impression that they aren't very good at roleplaying.
Sybil causes us to curve our expectations.
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #670530

maskenary wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:10 pm
rasonj wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:50 pm You are ignoring the part where Reider wordlessly walked up to the clown, batoned him, dragged him to the brig. strip searched him, and his only evidence was that he had glass and matches in his backpack. This was within the first 3 minutes of the shift, Reider had spent that time NRP shoving people in the hallway, and had just finished doing the same thing to Fran, but found nothing interesting in their backpack. The clown has created no rifts at this point and had never used his heretic hand.
Anyone important please ignore these clowns. They’re asspulling their own context based off preset opinion of me. Frann was hacking into EVA when I arrested them. Clown had created medbay lobby rift when I arrested them.
prove it
conrad

Post by conrad » #670531

maskenary wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:10 pm Anyone important please ignore these clowns. They’re asspulling their own context based off preset opinion of me. Frann was hacking into EVA when I arrested them. Clown had created medbay lobby rift when I arrested them.
If the collective opinion of you, from players through interactions in and out of game, and from admins noting and banning you, is that you're a shitter, maybe it might just be that you're a shitter.

But I'm probably just crazy and you're gonna tell me to play on Manuel 🥱
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #670533

conrad wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:35 pm
maskenary wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:10 pm Anyone important please ignore these clowns. They’re asspulling their own context based off preset opinion of me. Frann was hacking into EVA when I arrested them. Clown had created medbay lobby rift when I arrested them.
If the collective opinion of you, from players through interactions in and out of game, and from admins noting and banning you, is that you're a shitter, maybe it might just be that you're a shitter.

But I'm probably just crazy and you're gonna tell me to play on Manuel 🥱
The opposite effect seems to be taking place. My interactions with sec on Sybil have made me consider *gulp playing on Manuel.
► Show Spoiler
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #670534

maskenary wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:10 pm
Your taste in anime fucking sucks, dude
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #670536

I love how this dude is so clueless that he deadass posts "Did you guys not consider what I said?" in his appeal lmao
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #670543

there should be a betting pool for maskenary's perma for making the game unfun for others
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #670567

I'm standing up for Reider here. Rule 4 is rule 4. Red tide station wide.
Turbonerd wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:12 pm This note is because of his horrible NRP play. Reider's appeal is nonsense. He talks about how his actions were justified because they were antagonists, and doesn't talk about his horrible NRP play, which is what the note is actually about.
He demonstrated how his behaviour is not NRP. Buy some glasses.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #670569

ekaterina wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:12 pm I'm standing up for Reider here. Rule 4 is rule 4. Red tide station wide.
Obvious troll is obvious.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #670570

Turbonerd wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:14 pm
ekaterina wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:12 pm I'm standing up for Reider here. Rule 4 is rule 4. Red tide station wide.
Obvious troll is obvious.
Thanks for admitting you're a troll.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
conrad

Post by conrad » #670571

ekaterina wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:12 pm Red tide station wide.
Red tide station wide.
Red tide station wide.
Red tide station wide.
Red tide station wide.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #670572

this.

i absolutely love and admire reiders falconesque abilities to hunt down and absolutely destroy his prey, but he NEEDS TO TALK MORE

WHOEVER THAT MOTH SEC IS THAT HANGS OUT WITH HIM GET HIM TO TALK MORE
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #670573

oh and excellent title, 8/10
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #670574

rasonj wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:50 pm
TheLoLSwat wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:15 pm the biggest problem is that whoever the HoS (or even captain if you consider them part of security) was didnt authorize a tracking implant. Being nice and not executing or throwing the heretic in jail is a choice you can make but not atleast tracking implant? thats really dumb and I dont think its NRP to bully the clown if youve already exhausted all of your options of handling it the "right" way. Reider also didnt even rr the clown or secretly perma them he was just bullying them probably because he felt failed by his higher ups in terms of keeping the station safe
You are ignoring the part where Reider wordlessly walked up to the clown, batoned him, dragged him to the brig. strip searched him, and his only evidence was that he had glass and matches in his backpack. This was within the first 3 minutes of the shift, Reider had spent that time NRP shoving people in the hallway, and had just finished doing the same thing to Fran, but found nothing interesting in their backpack. The clown has created no rifts at this point and had never used his heretic hand. Frankly, Reider should have been sec banned for going back to his old habits of no reason arrest/strip searching and that sec ban should have been escalated to a full server ban because he has already been sec banned for this exact behavior.

If he did shove random people and search them without cause, then perhaps he should be noted for that, but he definitely shouldn't be noted for this. The note could be amended to reflect something that actually matters (this) rather than what it does now.

Besides, coming from the guy who defended a warden who blatantly disobeyed the HoS and gulagged a fellow officer, while claiming the HoS had undermined the warden (kek) when in fact it is the warden that undermined the HoS (duh), that opinion about sec play doesn't really mean much. Rule 4 is rule 4, he is allowed to arrest and strip search antagonists.

P.S. since when do you need permission for a tracking implant? Not only is rule 4 rule 4, space law only demands authorisation for executions.
Last edited by ekaterina on Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conrad

Post by conrad » #670575

Red tide station wide.

I fucking can't with this.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #670577

conrad wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:20 pm Red tide station wide.

I fucking can't with this.
Get batonged.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #670580

ekaterina has to be trolling. there simply is no other explanation. he hasn't broken clocked ONCE. he is way too deliberate.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #670582

I don't think it should be against the rules for security to stun someone and cuff them and bring them to a safe location before talking to them. If I don't do that on the low RP servers then the suspect just gets dragged away by some tider or their shit gets stolen while I'm searching. So there might be a minute between the stun and me saying anything, but it's not because I don't want to RP, it's because I don't want to deal with losing my prisoner while I'm typing. Also if I try talking to the suspect then they just run or try fighting me lol.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #670584

BeeSting12 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:26 pm I don't think it should be against the rules for security to stun someone and cuff them and bring them to a safe location before talking to them. If I don't do that on the low RP servers then the suspect just gets dragged away by some tider or their shit gets stolen while I'm searching. So there might be a minute between the stun and me saying anything, but it's not because I don't want to RP, it's because I don't want to deal with losing my prisoner while I'm typing. Also if I try talking to the suspect then they just run or try fighting me lol.
100% this. I once made the mistake of dragging a prisoner to the nearest sec outpost instead of the brig to carry out an investigation. An antag forced the airlock open (the only way out), took me by surprise and then killed me. Nowhere is safe.
Wordless arrests of actual heretics are not the same as wordless arrests for trespassing and vandalism. The former is fine, the latter perhaps not.
conrad

Post by conrad » #670588

ekaterina wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:28 pm
BeeSting12 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:26 pm I don't think it should be against the rules for security to stun someone and cuff them and bring them to a safe location before talking to them. If I don't do that on the low RP servers then the suspect just gets dragged away by some tider or their shit gets stolen while I'm searching. So there might be a minute between the stun and me saying anything, but it's not because I don't want to RP, it's because I don't want to deal with losing my prisoner while I'm typing. Also if I try talking to the suspect then they just run or try fighting me lol.
100% this. I once made the mistake of dragging a prisoner to the nearest sec outpost instead of the brig to carry out an investigation. An antag forced the airlock open (the only way out), took me by surprise and then killed me. Nowhere is safe.
Wordless arrests of actual heretics are not the same as wordless arrests for trespassing and vandalism. The former is fine, the latter perhaps not.
Ekaterina is then in fact unrobust? The plot thickens.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #670591

conrad wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:42 pm Ekaterina is then in fact unrobust? The plot thickens.
1v1 me, nerd, I'll show you who's unrobust.
conrad

Post by conrad » #670592

ekaterina wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:45 pm
conrad wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:42 pm Ekaterina is then in fact unrobust? The plot thickens.
Oh I'm as unrobust as they come.

Which makes me good at spotting people with big talk.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
HommandoSA
Byond Username: HommandoSA

Post by HommandoSA » #670593

Wordless arrests are fine as long as you take the time to speak to your prisoner before throwing them in the brig. You risk getting murdered or having your prisoner freed by his metabuddies / some grey shirt if you stand around and let a crowd gather. This also depends on the severity of their crime. Did they break into EVA? Maybe speak with them. Do you think they have a desword? Don't give them a chance.

As for Maskenary I don't see what he did wrong in this scenario. He was right about the clown, he had prints, he non-lethally detained him, the AI did call out that roboticist, and he did listen to the HoS.
11:45:21 SAY Maskenary/(Reider Meza) "sus" (83, 157, 2) Storage Wing
11:45:22 SAY Maskenary/(Reider Meza) "amo" (83, 157, 2) Storage Wing
11:45:24 SAY Maskenary/(Reider Meza) "amooooo" (83, 156, 2) Storage Wing
11:45:25 SAY Maskenary/(Reider Meza) "gus" (84, 156, 2) Storage Wing
11:46:24 SAY Maskenary/(Reider Meza) "amo" (148, 138, 2) Starboard Primary Hallway
This is the real crime and deserves perma brain damage on all of his characters.
rasonj

Post by rasonj » #670596

HommandoSA wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:55 pm
As for Maskenary I don't see what he did wrong in this scenario. He was right about the clown, he had prints, he non-lethally detained him, the AI did call out that roboticist, and he did listen to the HoS.
You aren't seeing the timeline correct. He wordlessly arrested the clown before he ever had the forensic scanner and strip searched him, prints came much later.
HommandoSA
Byond Username: HommandoSA

Post by HommandoSA » #670600

rasonj wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:08 pm
You aren't seeing the timeline correct. He wordlessly arrested the clown before he ever had the forensic scanner and strip searched him, prints came much later.
You were observing so you'd have a better idea of how things went down but the logs imply he had the scanner before ever arresting the clown.
11:51:50 SAY Matthiaskrh/(Kaleb Treeby) "The powergaming minmaxer that just took the scanner" (110, 165, 2) Brig
A couple of minutes later
11:53:34 ATTACK Maskenary/(Reider Meza) stun attacked SlightlyLazy/(Shoe Giving Gerald) with the stun baton (NEWHP: 92) (118, 127, 2) Command Hallway
rasonj

Post by rasonj » #670603

HommandoSA wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:32 pm
rasonj wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:08 pm
You were observing so you'd have a better idea of how things went down but the logs imply he had the scanner before ever arresting the clown.
11:51:50 SAY Matthiaskrh/(Kaleb Treeby) "The powergaming minmaxer that just took the scanner" (110, 165, 2) Brig
A couple of minutes later
11:53:34 ATTACK Maskenary/(Reider Meza) stun attacked SlightlyLazy/(Shoe Giving Gerald) with the stun baton (NEWHP: 92) (118, 127, 2) Command Hallway
No, you are right it seems. The actual logs for using the scanner don't appear in any of the files I could find, and the first time I could find evidence of him using it in the logs show up much later when he prints a report with it but Kaleb saying that lines up with him point spamming the detectives cabinet, so he probably got it at that point. I wonder what file the scanner use is actually logged in.
LeekiLoku

Post by LeekiLoku » #670605

Kendrickorium wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:16 pm oh and excellent title, 8/10
Thanks!
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #670606

I don't get why there is both the claim that the clown created 0 rifts and the claim that the clown's prints were found near rifts.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #670634

conrad wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:51 pm
ekaterina wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:45 pm
Oh I'm as unrobust as they come.

Which makes me good at spotting people with big talk.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #670636

CPTANT wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:01 pm I don't get why there is both the claim that the clown created 0 rifts and the claim that the clown's prints were found near rifts.
i dont get how people can throw up essays to appeal their bans and notes but cant be bothered with typing more than three words at a time in game