Whats your favorite way to protect the nuke disk?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Whats your favorite way to protect the nuke disk?

Post by LeekiLoku » #670448

Mine is getting it implanted inside me and then going to the DNA infuser and becoming a rat and just vent crawl. They will never get it until they do......
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Re: Whats your favorite way to protect the nuke disk?

Post by blackdav123 » #670463

dont let 1984mins know but I like to put disky to bed
Weston Echard on Sybil
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #670466

I like to fling the disk back and fourth between 2 lines of field generators
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #670484

i like to leave it in a roadrunner trap with a large piece of cheese next to it so i can jump out with my big net and catch the nukies
respect (let him do his thing)
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #670508

my lawyer says that i should not participate in this discussion

BUT assuming war ops, the best way to protect the disk is to put it in a central area that everyone knows about like the bridge and then putting all of your time into arming the crew and encouraging them to arm themselves.
engineering work on fortifying defenses and keeping the engine and comms up
science rushing research / bombs / genetics / xenobio / antimech
medical making God viruses / pills for everyone
cargo ordering weapons and rushing minerals for science
service doing whatever they can or taking eva gear and patrolling space for nukeops (or getting them ready for a suicide bombing run)
Curator creating propaganda
security looking out for other traitors among the crew or people that may sabotage the efforts
botany doing Gods work
everyone protecting AI as much as they can

its fun being captain during warops because everyone immedaitely understands the war effort and is ready to contribute, and its nice to get the entire crew involved
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #670524

Give it to the clown and tell them to avoid capture at all costs. Give them anything they need to make sure this happens without actually arming them.

If you have time, embed it inside of them instead.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #670658

IT USED TO BE PUTTING IT INSIDE THE CAPTAINS SAFE AND THEN SURROUNDING IT WITH REINFORCED WALLS BUT THE GUY ABOVE VEKTER RUINED IT
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #670868

I think it was Brick Mortar who did this it was great.
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #670886

Every so often I like to read the safe code out loud over the radio "by accident" and then hide the disk in a toilet somewhere while assuring security that it is "utterly protected and impossible to find"
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #670891

TheLoLSwat wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:35 pm BUT assuming war ops, the best way to protect the disk is to put it in a central area that everyone knows about like the bridge and then putting all of your time into arming the crew and encouraging them to arm themselves.
Then they just pod directly into the bridge, kill you, take your hand tele and the disk, and teleport out. lmao.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #670895

The best way to secure the disk is to make sure that the person carrying it is piloting a Phazon. Unfortunately, you don't have the foresight to make the captain a Phazon on stealthops rounds, and don't have the time to make one on warops rounds, so this strategy is rarely applicable.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #670897

I put it on a box inside of a backpack full of boxes, inside a locker full of backpacks, inside a room full of lockers, with a big neon arrow that says "DISKY HERE"

Nukies just give up and die.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #670899

GPeckman wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:04 pm The best way to secure the disk is to make sure that the person carrying it is piloting a Phazon. Unfortunately, you don't have the foresight to make the captain a Phazon on stealthops rounds, and don't have the time to make one on warops rounds, so this strategy is rarely applicable.
Phazons suck. One time I tried using one, and it got killed by an energy sword in 3 hits. Gygax gang for the win - easier and cheaper to make and stronger to boot. Going through walls doesn't matter when you have AA or the mounted teleporter.

Buff Phazons, they should be actually strong rather than just a novelty.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #670907

ekaterina wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:36 pm Phazons suck. One time I tried using one, and it got killed by an energy sword in 3 hits. Gygax gang for the win - easier and cheaper to make and stronger to boot. Going through walls doesn't matter when you have AA or the mounted teleporter.

Buff Phazons, they should be actually strong rather than just a novelty.
If you're in a Phazon you should have just walked through the wall after one or two hits from the esword. That's why the Phazon is good; unlike almost every other mech in existence (Savannah-Ivanov is kind of an exception) you can just disengage from almost any conflict with ease.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #670932

ekaterina wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:07 am
TheLoLSwat wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:35 pm BUT assuming war ops, the best way to protect the disk is to put it in a central area that everyone knows about like the bridge and then putting all of your time into arming the crew and encouraging them to arm themselves.
Then they just pod directly into the bridge, kill you, take your hand tele and the disk, and teleport out. lmao.
they pod in, get maxcapped, HOS or captain screams where disk respawn is and the nukies have to fight a battle of atrition against dozens of crew with 20 minutes of prep from multiple departments while captain and HOS dance around with the hand tele until the red alert shuttle shows up. AI is also a massive hindrance if you arent going to put any resources into destroying it. same with comms. Just dedicating the time to killing it with a red alert shuttle looming is already a risk during warops but if captain is smart and moves AI to a better place? Lavaland (if thats still possible)? You only have so much time and youll still need to battle through the suicide bombing genetic freak meth'd up anti mech SWAT army of assistants no matter the route you take

There is a chance nukies can get the disk when it respawns but either cap or HOS will be at the department its in or near within 15 secs and will be able to call it out to crew (and it will always respawn on station which is huge so nukies need to be outside maint ready to run in but even then sec and engineering have modsuits to patrol)

Putting all your tc into a frontal assault where the crew is saying "ATTACK US HERE" via design may not be the best idea

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:18 am IT USED TO BE PUTTING IT INSIDE THE CAPTAINS SAFE AND THEN SURROUNDING IT WITH REINFORCED WALLS BUT THE GUY ABOVE VEKTER RUINED IT
caps safe was the best part of my strat because it was the best place to put the disk and tell the crew to center defenses around and it would always force the nuekops to use one of the syndiebombs
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #670977

TheLoLSwat wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:30 pm
ekaterina wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:07 am
they pod in, get maxcapped, HOS or captain screams where disk respawn is and the nukies have to fight a battle of atrition against dozens of crew with 20 minutes of prep from multiple departments while captain and HOS dance around with the hand tele until the red alert shuttle shows up. AI is also a massive hindrance if you arent going to put any resources into destroying it. same with comms. Just dedicating the time to killing it with a red alert shuttle looming is already a risk during warops but if captain is smart and moves AI to a better place? Lavaland (if thats still possible)? You only have so much time and youll still need to battle through the suicide bombing genetic freak meth'd up anti mech SWAT army of assistants no matter the route you take

There is a chance nukies can get the disk when it respawns but either cap or HOS will be at the department its in or near within 15 secs and will be able to call it out to crew (and it will always respawn on station which is huge so nukies need to be outside maint ready to run in but even then sec and engineering have modsuits to patrol)

Putting all your tc into a frontal assault where the crew is saying "ATTACK US HERE" via design may not be the best idea

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:18 am IT USED TO BE PUTTING IT INSIDE THE CAPTAINS SAFE AND THEN SURROUNDING IT WITH REINFORCED WALLS BUT THE GUY ABOVE VEKTER RUINED IT
caps safe was the best part of my strat because it was the best place to put the disk and tell the crew to center defenses around and it would always force the nuekops to use one of the syndiebombs
YOU DID IT ON ENOUGH ROUNDS WITH NO OPS WHERE YOU HAD TO BE NOTED FOR IT LOLSWAT

THIS IS YOUR FAAULLTTTT