Another nerd bombing the shuttle before round end.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Another nerd bombing the shuttle before round end.

Post by Turbonerd » #671361

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33635

I have an incredibly simple solution. Just don't deliver bombs to the shuttle then trigger them as a nonantag.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Another nerd bombing the shuttle before round end.

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #672590

my mom doesn't go in my room idiot that's what the kitchen is for
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #672649

vect0r wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:03 pm Ok we can talk about EORG enabling metagrudging people, but it's just fun! The reason why it is a thing is because a lot of people (including me) enjoy having a use for everything made during the shift like mechs and xenobio armblades. The problem is that most of the stuff you can make in many jobs, like hulk, mechs, xenobio, chem death nades and sec toys are really only useful for antags. If I spend 50 minutes on my mech, I do want to be able to use it, even if it's only for one minute at the end of the shift.
If a mech takes you 50 minutes that sounds like a You problem :^)

But this is why I like the TGMC Arena style. If you want to use your stuff you made, you totally still can! But people who want that last minute to wrap up an IC conversation, and others who just want to shitpost about the round, should have just as much right. Zero reason we can't have a situation where the only people who aren't happy are the ones who wanted to kill This Person In Particular.
ekaterina wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:18 am ... isn't that what we're trying to avoid? You have just proven my point.
If he's going to be such a dweeb that the lack of the ability to EORG me makes him decide to metagrudge me in-round then I want him to do it so that I can get a week or more without having him in the server, because they're probably not going to be playing in good faith. It's very simple. If we reach that point, all other methods have failed, and it's probably not the only thing he's doing to shit up the server. If people simply cannot play nice, they don't have to play at all.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #672681

TheLoLSwat wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:47 pm
Timonk wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:43 pm Armhulen telling us to grief random players if you think they have a bomb
just ask yourself you have enough reason to believe youre in danger and if you are, take the steps to protect yourself and your coworkers. pushing someone down who is flashing a bomb is not "grief", especially when done in good faith. Just get creative IC if you dont want to assault the bomb out of their hands
1. Push him down
2. Someone else gets the bomb and opens the valve
3. ???
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #672684

It's the disco inferno law: if it can light up, it will.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #672688

Timonk wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:12 am 1. Push him down
2. Someone else gets the bomb and opens the valve
3. ???
Again, what grief is being caused by <you> in the scenario? if another person opens the valve they either

1. had perfect timing, along with antag status (ss13 moment) but
2. did actual grief for no reason, which should be easy for an admin to handle

shoving someone down in a desperate attempt to disarm them of their bomb to save yourself and your coworkers is normal

shoving someone down in order to grab their bomb and kaboom it yourself (or something similarly stupid) is nonsensical and failrp when you havent docked at centcomm yet