Another nerd bombing the shuttle before round end.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Another nerd bombing the shuttle before round end.

Post by Turbonerd » #671361

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33635

I have an incredibly simple solution. Just don't deliver bombs to the shuttle then trigger them as a nonantag.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Re: Another nerd bombing the shuttle before round end.

Post by vect0r » #672056

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:10 am
ekaterina wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:20 pm
Timonk wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:32 pm
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:43 pm
Timonk wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:17 pm
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:05 pm im an MRP nerd and the fucking ludonarrative dissonance of my coworkers just randomly murdering me cuz hehe ship dock squeezes my balls harder than "why the fuck does centcomm even bother employing our characters if they're just going to call the shuttle in 45 minute cuz "im bored lets go home"
Worst crag take I've read by far. I speak from experience since i have read 5 years worth of crag takes.

Who the fuck cares if we murder each other in the last minute especially after enduring 45 minutes (or longer!) of handholding? It's not like anyone is gonna do centcom RP since 90% of the crew can't even leave the dock due to missing access. And even if you leave the dock, centcom is incredibly barebones.
then go down the retard chute and left click on people while everyone else laughs and jokes about funny events that happened in the round while you were silently patrolling the station for 45 minutes collecting EPIC LOOTZ for the FINAL EORG SHOWDOWN VIOLENCE ORGY
Yea but i want to grief you specifically round end
Good point. EORG lets you get it out of your system and prevents (some) metagrudging.
no it doesn't
I disagree! I find it’s really fun to murder people and get it out of my system.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #672057

yeah and next round im going to welderbomb you for annoying me round end instead of going down the chute and dropping into battle royale
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #672059

i do like the tgmc battle royale system over an arbitrary chute but thats just semantics
respect (let him do his thing)
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #672076

Hope this guy takes the opportunity to improve. I'm surprised no one else chemistry banned him before this, maybe without the temptation of easy bombs he'll be able to play the game without getting banned.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #672116

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:05 pm im an MRP nerd and the fucking ludonarrative dissonance of my coworkers just randomly murdering me cuz hehe ship dock squeezes my balls harder than "why the fuck does centcomm even bother employing our characters if they're just going to call the shuttle in 45 minute cuz "im bored lets go home"
Worst crag take I've read by far. I speak from experience since i have read 5 years worth of crag takes.

Who the fuck cares if we murder each other in the last minute especially after enduring 45 minutes (or longer!) of handholding? It's not like anyone is gonna do centcom RP since 90% of the crew can't even leave the dock due to missing access. And even if you leave the dock, centcom is incredibly barebones.
then go down the retard chute and left click on people while everyone else laughs and jokes about funny events that happened in the round while you were silently patrolling the station for 45 minutes collecting EPIC LOOTZ for the FINAL EORG SHOWDOWN VIOLENCE ORGY
Good point. EORG lets you get it out of your system and prevents (some) metagrudging.
Some could argue all it does is legalize metagrudging. I had someone who had been a right shitter to me two rounds in a row corner me in a mech on the shuttle just waiting for the round-end screen to hit so he could murder me. Admins ruled this was fine since he waited, even though it was blatant NRP "I hate you and I want to click you until you're horizontal" behaviour, even as he was screaming about how "I WANNA KILL YOU BUT I CAN'T YET"
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #672119

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:42 am

Some could argue all it does is legalize metagrudging. I had someone who had been a right shitter to me two rounds in a row corner me in a mech on the shuttle just waiting for the round-end screen to hit so he could murder me. Admins ruled this was fine since he waited, even though it was blatant NRP "I hate you and I want to click you until you're horizontal" behaviour, even as he was screaming about how "I WANNA KILL YOU BUT I CAN'T YET"
Ahelp it if it is NRP behavior.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #672121

thance
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #672125

vect0r wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:06 am

I did. I was told it was fine.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #672131

Would you rather he kill you in the round itself? Because that's what will happen if you get rid of EORG when he hates you that much.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #672133

Yeah because then he'd be banned for being a dummy
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #672140

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:18 am
vect0r wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:06 am

I did. I was told it was fine.
Unlucky. It's an LRP server, so admins shouldn't be saying that's okay. Yikes!
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #672169

After being unbanned. He has started playing phycologist because they have med access
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #672176

EmpressMaia wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:43 pm After being unbanned. He has started playing phycologist because they have med access
To be fair, he only played psychologist once since getting unbanned, and that was sometime yesterday.

Nevermind, Melonmesa's last update for Manuel was 16.2 hours ago.

Honestly, based on hearsay of his behavior, I was fully expecting him to go assistant and either 1. tide into chemistry 2. job transfer via the HOP to be made a chemist. 3. Get the AI to let him into tech storage to steal machine boards for chemistry stuff to go and set up a maint tunnel chem lab.

That's kinda sad if he's really is rolling psychologist to try to get into chemistry as you say. All he needs to do is take, like, two or three weeks to stretch their legs in literally any other department and be on their best behavior. It's all they needed to do. It really shouldn't be that hard.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
CMDR_Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #672196

ekaterina wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:46 am

Would you rather he kill you in the round itself? Because that's what will happen if you get rid of EORG when he hates you that much.
And then he gets banned if he does it without good reason.
Turbonerd wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:14 am Unlucky. It's an LRP server, so admins shouldn't be saying that's okay. Yikes!
This was on Manuel.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #672314

EmpressMaia wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:43 pm After being unbanned. He has started playing phycologist because they have med access
:roll:
Thranos
Byond Username: Thranos

Post by Thranos » #672329

https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/TheSmokealarm

>gets banned from medical for dumbass chem bombings 24/7
>gets unbanned, starts playing psych (med access) or scientist (literal bombs access + can print boards)

you cannot make this shit up
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #672335

Update. He is playing lawyer and he broke out the round start prisoners FNR
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #672342

EmpressMaia wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:17 am Update. He is playing lawyer and he broke out the round start prisoners FNR
to be fair he's played lawyer before his med ban and tried to form a lynchmob to kill Rubs-With-Romerol because Romerol Ribhouse doesn't contain any real Romerol
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #672343

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:14 am
EmpressMaia wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:17 am Update. He is playing lawyer and he broke out the round start prisoners FNR
to be fair he's played lawyer before his med ban and tried to form a lynchmob to kill Rubs-With-Romerol because Romerol Ribhouse doesn't contain any real Romerol
I mean Romerol Ribs is made by a lizard named Rubs-With-Romerol so he isn't lying in the name of the ribs.

WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #672346

After another round of him going scientist, saying he'll be working on xenobiology, and then getting into fights in the corridors before going SSD in the medical lobby, I think I can safely say that this isn't going to pan out for him. I've never seen him actually working in a shift, he's always off doing something silly or just SSD.
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #672357

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:24 am
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:14 am
I mean Romerol Ribs is made by a lizard named Rubs-With-Romerol so he isn't lying in the name of the ribs.

Yeah eventually security kicked his ass so hard that he somehow negotiated that his crusade against Rubs was actually an advertisement campaign.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #672395

Why are we cyber stalking this guy
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #672409

Timonk wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:25 am Why are we cyber stalking this guy
It's funny.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #672421

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:02 pm

... isn't that what we're trying to avoid? You have just proven my point.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #672422

ekaterina wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:18 am

No. We're trying to avoid shitty behaviour that leads to a ban.

The entire purpose of rules is not to punish a certain behaviour, but to prevent a certain behaviour in the first place.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here.
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #672453

conrad wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:20 am

The entire purpose of rules is not to punish a certain behaviour, but to prevent a certain behaviour in the first place.
You too have just proven my point. EORG metagrudging provides an outlet for angry spessmen, meaning they don't metagrudge in the actual round, thus preventing the "certain behaviour".
conrad

Post by conrad » #672454

ekaterina wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:02 pm

You too have just proven my point. EORG metagrudging provides an outlet for angry spessmen, meaning they don't metagrudge in the actual round, thus preventing the "certain behaviour".
I don't know why I bother.
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #672459

conrad wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:19 pm

This reply chain looks horrible on mobile.
conrad

Post by conrad » #672462

Turbonerd wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:37 pm
conrad wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:19 pm

This reply chain looks horrible on mobile.
I'm on a vertical monitor and it looks sick.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #672468

ekaterina wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:02 pm You too have just proven my point. EORG metagrudging provides an outlet for angry spessmen, meaning they don't metagrudge in the actual round, thus preventing the "certain behaviour".
if you need EORG metagrudging to prevent yourself from being a prick during the round, maybe you just need an extended break from the game. playing on tg isnt a right and if you cant control yourself when it comes to the rules (as evident when you break the same rules time and time again in the exact same way without showing any signs of improvement) then you just shouldnt play.

EORG is a reward for surviving the round, and gives players a chance to unleash whatever they spent the entire shift cooking. Priming a grenade or a bomb to go off as soon as the shuttle lands at centcomm is at best grief because youre pulling the pin as a nonantag and at worst metaknowledge abuse. There isnt even a real benefit other than giving your explosion a headstart which is an unbelievably petty and scummy way to break the rules.
Last edited by TheLoLSwat on Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conrad

Post by conrad » #672470

TheLoLSwat wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:28 pm
ekaterina wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:02 pm You too have just proven my point. EORG metagrudging provides an outlet for angry spessmen, meaning they don't metagrudge in the actual round, thus preventing the "certain behaviour".
if you need EORG metagrudging to prevent yourself from being a prick during the round, maybe you just need an extended break from the game. playing on tg isnt a right and if you cant control yourself when it comes to the rules (as evident when you break the same rules time and time again in the exact same way without showing any signs of improvement) then you just shouldnt play
Thank you lolswat, you are a true hero. I was gonna write that but serotonin levels dipped harshly. I envy your patience.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #672486

That argument chain just shows that there is a certain portion of the SS13 audience that are basically just shaved raging Chimpanzees who can't go five minutes without ooga booga killing each other. It absolutely doesn't prevent metagruding. If anything, it's only an outlet for metagrudge to come out in a way that is allowed by the rules. Oh, gee, Will Nodder had seven people sit next to him specifically to start stabbing him at round end for the tenth time this week despite the fact that this was the one round where they weren't a shithead. No, instantly getting atomized at the round end isn't interesting. It will never be interesting to anyone but the bomber. Even in the instance where there is no bomber you still have an arms race of dorks who spent thirty minutes specifically preparing for this one-minute window. (or more if someone is getting megaboinked or multiple people are getting boinked)

EORG is cringe, and on MRP, it's borderline metagaming to prep for it. You are cringe if the only thing preventing you from breaking rules is a one-minute window where that rule doesn't apply.
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #672489

Man people put way more stock into this ban than both TheSmokeAlarm and myself combined. I think it's healthy to have these discussions about EORG because I do agree that there's an unfun gameplay loop related to prepping for EORG for the entire shift. On MRP and LRP equally, I think the focus should be on the in-round events, not the one-minute of funny silly times after the fact.

Would be cool to properly flesh out centcom's dock with both RP areas and a portal for a TGMC type arena full of rarely-used weapons and goodies.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #672490

it is a god given right to explode the shuttle immediately upon arriving, no diapers on the corners of the tables please
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)

saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #672491

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:13 pm That argument chain just shows that there is a certain portion of the SS13 audience that are basically just shaved raging Chimpanzees who can't go five minutes without ooga booga killing each other. It absolutely doesn't prevent metagruding. If anything, it's only an outlet for metagrudge to come out in a way that is allowed by the rules. Oh, gee, Will Nodder had seven people sit next to him specifically to start stabbing him at round end for the tenth time this week despite the fact that this was the one round where they weren't a shithead. No, instantly getting atomized at the round end isn't interesting. It will never be interesting to anyone but the bomber. Even in the instance where there is no bomber you still have an arms race of dorks who spent thirty minutes specifically preparing for this one-minute window. (or more if someone is getting megaboinked or multiple people are getting boinked)

EORG is cringe, and on MRP, it's borderline metagaming to prep for it. You are cringe if the only thing preventing you from breaking rules is a one-minute window where that rule doesn't apply. If someone brought up this idea to let people murder themselves into a server that allows them
the people who prepare a ludicrous amount of weapons for EORG are fools
instead, steal every weapon you can find and use it in the actual round for funsies
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #672492

it is instrumentally lame to be bombed and you can't do anything but that's just what happens. and that's the point of EORG. what happens happens. the moment we start formulating what creates the most interesting EORG experience is the moment EORG becomes boring and predictable

Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #672500

iwishforducks wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:42 pm it is instrumentally lame to be bombed and you can't do anything but that's just what happens. and that's the point of EORG. what happens happens. the moment we start formulating what creates the most interesting EORG experience is the moment EORG becomes boring and predictable
"it's lame but that's just what happens" isn't really a resolution, especially when EORG explosions are already boring and predictable
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #672512

Ok we can talk about EORG enabling metagrudging people, but it's just fun! The reason why it is a thing is because a lot of people (including me) enjoy having a use for everything made during the shift like mechs and xenobio armblades. The problem is that most of the stuff you can make in many jobs, like hulk, mechs, xenobio, chem death nades and sec toys are really only useful for antags. If I spend 50 minutes on my mech, I do want to be able to use it, even if it's only for one minute at the end of the shift.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #672520

Cheshify wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:13 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:42 pm it is instrumentally lame to be bombed and you can't do anything but that's just what happens. and that's the point of EORG. what happens happens. the moment we start formulating what creates the most interesting EORG experience is the moment EORG becomes boring and predictable
"it's lame but that's just what happens" isn't really a resolution, especially when EORG explosions are already boring and predictable
i dont see how taking away player agency is a solution to bombs being boring and predictable

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #672534

where's the player agency in getting instagibbed cuz some frog ganglion read the wiki on how to make a weapon that instantly destroys you with no counterplay whatsoever beyond kicking the shit out of him before he pushes the button, when you're barred from kicking the shit out of him before he pushes the button cuz the jannie will bannie if you touch him before the timer hits zero, but then he pushes the button early because he's a fucking bungus
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #672537

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:23 pm where's the player agency in getting instagibbed cuz some frog ganglion read the wiki on how to make a weapon that instantly destroys you with no counterplay whatsoever beyond kicking the shit out of him before he pushes the button, when you're barred from kicking the shit out of him before he pushes the button cuz the jannie will bannie if you touch him before the timer hits zero, but then he pushes the button early because he's a fucking bungus
if you know someone has a bomb, be based and attack first. whats he gonna do? set it off?
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:23 pm but then he pushes the button early because he's a fucking bungus
even better, then you dont have to have him in any of your rounds for weeks
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #672538

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:23 pm where's the player agency in getting instagibbed cuz some frog ganglion read the wiki on how to make a weapon that instantly destroys you with no counterplay whatsoever beyond kicking the shit out of him before he pushes the button, when you're barred from kicking the shit out of him before he pushes the button cuz the jannie will bannie if you touch him before the timer hits zero, but then he pushes the button early because he's a fucking bungus
if somebody brings a bomb that you determine to not be safe, it would make sense for you to disarm the bomb and hold onto it (or hand it off to security or command), I dont see why you would be ahelped for that
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #672545

Armhulen wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:08 pm
if you know someone has a bomb, be based and attack first. whats he gonna do? set it off?
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:23 pm but then he pushes the button early because he's a fucking bungus
i will get ahelped
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #672548

Armhulen telling us to grief random players if you think they have a bomb
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #672556

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:37 pm
i will get ahelped
kindly inform the admin you are free for any questions while they fill out the ban information for the other guy
Timonk wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:43 pm Armhulen telling us to grief random players if you think they have a bomb
key words:
if you know
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #672571

Armhulen wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:55 pm
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:37 pm
i will get ahelped
kindly inform the admin you are free for any questions while they fill out the ban information for the other guy
Timonk wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:43 pm Armhulen telling us to grief random players if you think they have a bomb
key words:
if you know
knowing Frank Shuttlebaum is going to bomb the shuttle because he's done it every round for 4 years would be metagaming my dude, this is MANUEL this is MEDIUM RP take that weak inference shit to SYBIL
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #672572

just ask yourself you have enough reason to believe youre in danger and if you are, take the steps to protect yourself and your coworkers. pushing someone down who is flashing a bomb is not "grief", especially when done in good faith. Just get creative IC if you dont want to assault the bomb out of their hands
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #672576

TheLoLSwat wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:47 pm
just ask yourself you have enough reason to believe youre in danger and if you are, take the steps to protect yourself and your coworkers. pushing someone down who is flashing a bomb is not "grief", especially when done in good faith. Just get creative IC if you dont want to assault the bomb out of their hands
Thank you! My goodness... many have a lot to learn from u
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #672584

get a room
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #672585

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:34 pm get a room
i found one !
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #672590

my mom doesn't go in my room idiot that's what the kitchen is for