Local idiot causes lag, its the admins fault instead

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Local idiot causes lag, its the admins fault instead

Post by Drag » #672379

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=33649

Shut the fuck up, Gueba
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Re: Local idiot causes lag, its the admins fault instead

Post by Cheshify » #672383

I can say it's the first time I've had a ticket sent to admins start with "what the hell are you doing"
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #672386

bhehehehehheheehe the tickets hehahehehhbehehe
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #672388

Oh it's an admin complaint nevermind I thought they somehow got banned for lagging the server
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #672389

Also Harricross's tone holy crap that's funny... jeez
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
trexter555
Byond Username: Trexter555

Post by trexter555 » #672398

lol
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #672403

this same guy has done his helpful kudzu every damn shift he can
respect (let him do his thing)
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #672433

Goodzu is an unoriginal plant. "Lets make bad thing good". Station healing, crew healing, blah blah. It's the same fucking shit every fucking time. No, we do not need goodzu. Fucking unoriginal bullshit.

Not every antagonistic thing needs a good variant. We don't need good viruses. We don't need good kudzu. Healing and other boring "good" stuff are the most unoriginal bullshit to ever exist in SS13. This dumb shit needs to stop. NO MORE HEALING. NO MORE "GOOD"!
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #672435

lol gueba
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #672448

Timberpoes knocking it out of the park as always
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #672449

Ziiro wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:28 pm Timberpoes knocking it out of the park as always
Tbh i general find timberpoes to be pretty based except when he is personally inconveniencing me
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #672450

Turbonerd wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:08 pm Goodzu is an unoriginal plant. "Lets make bad thing good". Station healing, crew healing, blah blah. It's the same fucking shit every fucking time. No, we do not need goodzu. Fucking unoriginal bullshit.

Not every antagonistic thing needs a good variant. We don't need good viruses. We don't need good kudzu. Healing and other boring "good" stuff are the most unoriginal bullshit to ever exist in SS13. This dumb shit needs to stop. NO MORE HEALING. NO MORE "GOOD"!
Holy shit this. why do we even have a "good" kudzu that lags the server to hell?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Ryusenshu
Byond Username: Ryusenshu

Post by Ryusenshu » #672467

> Icebox
> Good Kudzu
lol no
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #672544

Turbonerd wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:08 pm Goodzu is an unoriginal plant. "Lets make bad thing good". Station healing, crew healing, blah blah. It's the same fucking shit every fucking time. No, we do not need goodzu. Fucking unoriginal bullshit.

It's so badmen can make badstuff without being instantly called out for being in the badroom where only badstuff is made (see pre research bombs toxins for examples)
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #672568

As rare as wild kudzu is we should probbably not have kudzu in a state where there are mutations that lag the server to such an extent the admins have to delete 10,000 objects
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #672579

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:30 pm As rare as wild kudzu is we should probbably not have kudzu in a state where there are mutations that lag the server to such an extent the admins have to delete 10,000 objects
Just delete atmos, 90% of lag problems solved.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #672581

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:30 pm As rare as wild kudzu is we should probbably not have kudzu in a state where there are mutations that lag the server to such an extent the admins have to delete 10,000 objects
What I was thinking too. co2 consumption is cool, I guess, but it definitely isn't worth lagging out the round. Nor are any of the other things kudzu does with atmos
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #672597

chocolate_bickie wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:12 pm
This isn't a game it's an atmos simulator you jerks built a game around
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #672600

chocolate_bickie wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:12 pm
Atmospherics does not have a significant impact on server performance.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #672602

04:54:02: PM From Harricross/(space carp): You're lagging the server, please stop.
04:54:10: Reply PM from-Gueba14/(Caleb Alice): no way thats true
04:54:19 [0x201e84e] (0,0,0) || The pack of kudzu seeds was planted by gueba14/(Caleb Alice) at Central Primary Hallway (121,112,4)

Based
AlamoTurtle
Byond Username: Alamo Turtle

Post by AlamoTurtle » #672618

Harricross wasn't taking none of that. The no-nonsense attitude is based af, keep it up Harricross
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #672628

Gueba :P
[this space reserved]
SkyMonster
Byond Username: Sky Monster

Post by SkyMonster » #672666

I guess Gueba missed the dozens of people IC and in dchat complaining about their spacemen/game slowing to a crawl.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #672677

nobodies idea as to WHY kudzu is causing lag is even correct. (hint it had nothing to do with atmos)
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #672679

https://tgstation13.download/parsed-log ... filer.json

in devtools console:
► Show Spoiler
NSFW:
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #672703

MrStonedOne wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:50 am https://tgstation13.download/parsed-log ... filer.json

in devtools console:
► Show Spoiler
Glad that's cleared up, then
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #672706

I don't think the argument was td. I hate the word lag it sucks
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #672778

I mean you could look at the profile sorted by overtime before you make useless posts but ok.
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #672780

MrStonedOne wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:50 am https://tgstation13.download/parsed-log ... filer.json

in devtools console:
► Show Spoiler
explain this to me as you would a stupid ugly child with unfashionable clothing
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #672782

> nobody knew

I said it was lighting and I'm taking my "told ya so" victory
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #672945

MrStonedOne wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:17 pm I mean you could look at the profile sorted by overtime before you make useless posts but ok.
I looked at the profile (unrelated, am I stupid? I don't see anything of note in the profile outside the tgui meme), td over time, and tile to tile sharing cost over time, because goof pinged me a few nights ago gearing up to start going after the admins who made this decision.

I don't think lag is a useful term here. In the ahelp harricross uses it to describe slowing down atmos (and potentially the rest of the game, he is unclear)
I think this is a failure of terms, because a lot of kudzu could in theory cause a lot of atmos churn, especially on icebox. That'd "lag" atmos, but not the game itself.
The word is not specific enough to be useful
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #673022

when do we get good blob?
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year