No! My bees must heal your allergic patients!

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

No! My bees must heal your allergic patients!

Post by Turbonerd » #672671

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33652

The healing vigilantes are quite annoying. No. We do not want your healing bees. We do not want your goodzu. We do not want healium. We do not want your heal patch.

There's a fucking job and department with talented people designated for healing people, and forbsome fuckingn reason people still think they must spread their healig bullshitbto creew.

Antways the bee person was a fail RPer. Did not think about allergies in a fucking hospital at all. Yikes!
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Re: No! My bees must heal your allergic patients!

Post by Boot » #672674

That's what you get for trying to engage with the mechanical side of the game while playing on manny. Next time you wanna actually play the game instead of just talking to people I would recommend Sybil.
Image Image
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #672675

I'm still of the mentality that these people should be making a specific room for stuff like healium or healing bees. I super don't mind it and I think it's MAJORLY creative when someone figures out alternative methods to heal people, but you can't just apply that to literally everyone without consent from them. Here's a good example: A virologist made a virus with the quirk that makes radiation heal you, then started throwing uranium tiles around the station. Not spamming them, just putting them every so often. Someone started to pull them up because it was causing more harm than good and they crit them for it. I ended up siding with the guy removing them, since you really shouldn't be putting harmful shit everywhere just because it heals most people on the station.

Kudzu's weird because it doesn't just heal but also provides oxygen, so there's an argument to be had about stringing it out across the entire station. It also causes a stupid amount of lag, so I think it's going to get removed soon.

Also unrelated, but this reminds me of a genius round where someone gave everyone plasma respiration and put a relatively small amount of plasma into distro... which made it extremely easy for them to then slowly crank it up and start one hell of a plasma fire when they finished their objectives. I wish I remember who did it. I wanna say it was Yulice? Either way, shit like that rules.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #672686

Vekter wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:45 am I'm still of the mentality that these people should be making a specific room for stuff like healium or healing bees. I super don't mind it and I think it's MAJORLY creative when someone figures out alternative methods to heal people, but you can't just apply that to literally everyone without consent from them. Here's a good example: A virologist made a virus with the quirk that makes radiation heal you, then started throwing uranium tiles around the station. Not spamming them, just putting them every so often. Someone started to pull them up because it was causing more harm than good and they crit them for it. I ended up siding with the guy removing them, since you really shouldn't be putting harmful shit everywhere just because it heals most people on the station.

Kudzu's weird because it doesn't just heal but also provides oxygen, so there's an argument to be had about stringing it out across the entire station. It also causes a stupid amount of lag, so I think it's going to get removed soon.

Also unrelated, but this reminds me of a genius round where someone gave everyone plasma respiration and put a relatively small amount of plasma into distro... which made it extremely easy for them to then slowly crank it up and start one hell of a plasma fire when they finished their objectives. I wish I remember who did it. I wanna say it was Yulice? Either way, shit like that rules.
Whenever I make healium as atmos tech I bring it to medbay and tell the closest doctor to pick a number between 1 and 10 without any additional context. The scale is the level of effort I put into making a healium chamber. If they answer 1 (or 10 occasionally because I sometimes flip the scale) I just open the valve on the healium canister where I'm standing and then leave.
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #672695

See I don't mind if other departments offer healing alternatives, but when medical is saying "no thanks" take it the fuck out. Normally on Manny unless it's a high threat round medical is sitting their twiddling their damn thumbs. Also, thank you sinful for log diving for me, you're a real one.
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #672714

BrolyButterfingers wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:16 am
Vekter wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:45 am I'm still of the mentality that these people should be making a specific room for stuff like healium or healing bees. I super don't mind it and I think it's MAJORLY creative when someone figures out alternative methods to heal people, but you can't just apply that to literally everyone without consent from them. Here's a good example: A virologist made a virus with the quirk that makes radiation heal you, then started throwing uranium tiles around the station. Not spamming them, just putting them every so often. Someone started to pull them up because it was causing more harm than good and they crit them for it. I ended up siding with the guy removing them, since you really shouldn't be putting harmful shit everywhere just because it heals most people on the station.

Whenever I make healium as atmos tech I bring it to medbay and tell the closest doctor to pick a number between 1 and 10 without any additional context. The scale is the level of effort I put into making a healium chamber. If they answer 1 (or 10 occasionally because I sometimes flip the scale) I just open the valve on the healium canister where I'm standing and then leave.
That's just griefing. Healium is stronger than N2O as an anaesthetic.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #672720

WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #672725

SkyMonster
Byond Username: Sky Monster

Post by SkyMonster » #672729

I remember making the flashing callout over comms.
Logs indicate I mistook the CMO's flashing of people in a 5-6 person scuffle as the Chaplain flashing people. Amusingly, my report of this over comms sent command and security into a panic about revolutionaries, which resulted in an escalation of the feud's lethality.
Drag
In-Game Admin

Post by Drag » #672733

My main gripe about this entire thing is how blatantly self-antagonistic the botanist was during this entire thing, like holy fuck. Act like an antag and get treated like one.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #672746

Drag wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:39 am My main gripe about this entire thing is how blatantly self-antagonistic the botanist was during this entire thing, like holy fuck. Act like an antag and get treated like one.
Observing that round was painful. The botanist self antagging, the hos and detective shooting anyone they could. Bleh
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #672759

YOU VILL BE HEALTHY

AND YOU VILL BE HAPPY
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #672767

Watching that shitshow unfold was really funny ngl, though the CE kept staying off his lane of work after the CMO got arrested, which was very fucking annoying.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #672804

Drag wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:10 pm I heard nothing from you so I decided to break the beehive and remove it from medicals lobby.

Code: Select all

07:43:28	SAY	Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) "+Botany.+"	(126, 99, 3)	Medbay Treatment Center
07:43:37	SAY	Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) "+Remove the bees from medical.+"	(126, 99, 3)	Medbay Treatment Center
07:43:52	SAY	Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) "the bees heal you stupid"	(122, 110, 3)	Medbay Lobby
07:44:00	SAY	Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) "they heal you"	(122, 110, 3)	Medbay Lobby
You come out of nowhere and shoved me, stealing my saw.
you yelled on comms "BOTANY!!!!" of course they're going to come to medical
The CMO sees this and comes to help me, in response, you shove THEM and steal not only their baton but their flash as well. Yes, you were murdered as a result. Act like an antag and get treated like one.
of course they're going to take items that are directly being used against them. what were they supposed to do just lie down and let you chase them halfway across the station and then incapacitate them? also "beating them on the head repeatedly because they might be a rev" is some fucking dumb bullshit. you chased them. they didn't touch the CMO at all until the CMO started to fight them. act like an antag, get treated like an antag can ALSO apply to both of you two goons chasing him down.
"Desk of Command Rep Vex Petunia-Licht Update

Your paycheck is mine.

You know who you are."
PositiveEntropy/(Jadyn Roby) has created a command report: "Nearly thirteen thousand years of human evolution and I had the displeasure of encountering a crew with the collective IQ of a walnut.
this was incredibly stupid to do and you both know it. there is zero defense for this. you made these out of spite and rage. if you're filled with rage and anger about a round: PLEASE DO NOT FUCKING READMIN

i think you have a right to destroy the apiarys/bees since they're in medical but the botanist also has a right to make an effort to stop you. the fact that you used the botanist stopping you from destroying their work as a way to escalate to beating them to essentially death is unacceptable. like, jesus vex, use your noggin
anyhow, LOL'd at them stalking you and then gunning you down. what a moron. note's fine in that regard.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)

Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #672815

The note was fine because it basically explains what exactly happened. Just how it went down was a bit tipsy. Escalation was a bit odd and there were major jumps.

Didn’t like how medical did it. Could have easily asked botany to remove it from medbay and communicate (hey guys people have allergies and it hurts people remove it from medbay). But the person who put the bees there weren’t really thinking right, and proceeded to kick the dead horse and kill the CMO even after the escalation was hereby no longer escalated.

Re-admining and interacting with the round after their character died was a bad look, even if they did not mention the name. It breaks the illusion a bit, if you get what I mean, and leaves a bad taste in everyone’s mouth.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #672831

Epicgamer545 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:24 pm But the person who put the bees there weren’t really thinking right, and proceeded to kick the dead horse and kill the CMO even after the escalation was hereby no longer escalated.
something interesting to consider that the appealer has brought forward is that the rules state:
Da rulez wrote:A player who uses the state of incapacitation to take further action against the downed party chooses to extend the ongoing conflict past its original endpoint, and opens themselves up to further reprisal to avenge damage or recover stolen possessions.
Clearly, Vex beating the botanist to death (I'm just going to flat out consider it murder, honestly, anyone worth their salt wouldn't beat someone into -90 health if they didn't intend to kill them. What were they going to do, heal them back up to soft crit and bring them to medical? Either way they have a telebaton. Their reasoning for beating them past crit is already just flat out improper escalation) checks this. In my opinion the situation doesn't follow the spirit of that, and I think it would be a dick move to stalk Vex and kill them afterwards.

HOWEVER HOWEVER HOWEVER... Their scuffle with Vex wasn't just over the bees. Vex handcuffed Leia while they were dead in medical, and then dragged them out of medical and unhandcuffed once they were revived. And then said

07:54:32	SAY	Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) "Stupid cunt."	(123, 115, 3)	Central Tram Dock
to which Leia responded with

07:54:39	ATTACK	Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) attacked Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) with welding tool (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BURN) (NEWHP: 85)	(123, 115, 3)	Central Tram Dock
Honestly? Totally valid to welder someone for calling you a stupid cunt. Poking the bee's nest, so to speak (get it?)

The next part is what's juicy:

07:54:49	ATTACK	Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) suffered: Rough Abrasion to head | Damage: 15 (rolled 9/44.3127) | WB: 15 | BWB: 10	(116, 121, 2)	Central Tram Underpass
07:54:49	ATTACK	Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) attacked Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) with circular saw (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 80.6)	(116, 120, 2)	Central Tram Underpass
07:54:53	ATTACK	Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) suffered: Open Laceration to head | Damage: 15 (rolled 43/44.3127) | WB: 15 | BWB: 10	(108, 122, 2)	Station Asteroid
07:54:53	ATTACK	Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) attacked Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) with circular saw (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 67.7)	(109, 122, 2)	Station Asteroid
07:54:58	SAY	Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) "FUCK OUTTA HERE!!"	(107, 120, 2)	Station Asteroid
07:55:01	SAY	Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) "CMO"	(116, 121, 2)	Central Tram Underpass
07:55:06	SAY	Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) "MURDERER"	(116, 121, 2)	Central Tram Underpass
07:55:13	ATTACK	Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) shoved Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (NEWHP: 85)	(116, 123, 2)	Central Tram Underpass
07:55:14	ATTACK	Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) attacked Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) with circular saw (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 76.6)	(114, 123, 2)	Central Tram Underpass
07:55:14	ATTACK	Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) shoved Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (NEWHP: 85)	(115, 123, 2)	Central Tram Underpass
07:55:15	ATTACK	Fren256/(Sails-The-Stars) shoved Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 76.6)	(115, 124, 2)	Central Tram Underpass
07:55:19	ATTACK	Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) shoved Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 78.8)	(117, 120, 2)	Central Tram Underpass
07:55:20	ATTACK	Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) kicks Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) with onto their side (paralyzing) (NEWHP: 81)	(117, 120, 2)	Central Tram Underpass
07:55:20	ATTACK	Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) shoved Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) (NEWHP: 81)	(117, 120, 2)	Central Tram Underpass
07:55:27	SAY	Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) "Stay out of medical"	(118, 118, 2)	Central Tram Underpass
07:55:28	ATTACK	Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) shoved Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (NEWHP: 85)	(119, 118, 2)	Central Tram Underpass
07:55:29	ATTACK	Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) shoved Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) into Sails-The-Stars (NEWHP: 85)	(117, 118, 2)	Central Tram Underpass
07:55:30	ATTACK	Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) kicks Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) with onto their side (paralyzing) (NEWHP: 85)	(117, 118, 2)	Central Tram Underpass
07:55:30	ATTACK	Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) shoved Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (NEWHP: 85)	(117, 118, 2)	Central Tram Underpass
Now here's the interesting thing. All of the following logs are from BELOW the tram. Not above. I don't know how they got down there (I don't think falling is logged, so I can't say for sure if they somehow both fell down there at the same time) but you can clearly tell from the logs that Vex is the aggressor and the fight ends when Leia is able to shove Vex down and stun them. Methinks Vex chased them once again! Is the aggression justified with Leia weldering them once after they called them a stupid cunt? Maybe. Now, here's what Leia thinks about the situation:

08:10:08	SAY	Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) "Vex murdered me"	(123, 124, 3)	Central Tram Dock
08:10:11	SAY	Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) "And tried to again"	(123, 124, 3)	Central Tram Dock
08:10:22	SAY	Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) "Vex tried multiple times and succeeded once in killing me"	(123, 124, 3)	Central Tram Dock
08:10:25	SAY	Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) "instead of calling security"	(123, 124, 3)	Central Tram Dock
So now here's the question. Is Leia in the right for lasering down Vex under this pretense of the rules?
Da rulez wrote:A player who uses the state of incapacitation to take further action against the downed party chooses to extend the ongoing conflict past its original endpoint, and opens themselves up to further reprisal to avenge damage or recover stolen possessions.
To be honest I don't have a good answer to that question.

Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #672843

iwishforducks wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:56 pm
Epicgamer545 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:24 pm But the person who put the bees there weren’t really thinking right, and proceeded to kick the dead horse and kill the CMO even after the escalation was hereby no longer escalated.
Where is this rule? All I see on the RP rules now is Rule 2 (and that’s annoying)
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #672844

Epicgamer545 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:30 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:56 pm
Where is this rule? All I see on the RP rules now is Rule 2 (and that’s annoying)
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules
Escalation Policy

As a non-antagonist you may begin conflict with another player with valid reason (refusal of critical services, belligerent attitude, etc) OR if it does not excessively interfere with their ability to do their job. Whomever you engage is entitled to respond to your actions. If the conflict leads to violence and you had a poor reason for causing conflict in the first place, you may face administrative action.

If you are wronged, you are expected to handle the conflict non-lethally whenever possible, escalating in severity as the conflict continues. As the defending party the rate of escalation increases with you, up to and including violence, while the instigator is always able to respond in kind.

If a conflict leads to violence and either participant is incapacitated, the standing participant is expected to make an effort to treat the other, unless they have reason to believe the other was an antagonist. Once treated the conflict is over; any new conflict with either individual must escalate once again. If you get into a conflict again with that individual, they may be removed permanently from the round.

Conflict is automatically suspended when one participant is dead or incapacitated. A player who uses the state of incapacitation to take further action against the downed party chooses to extend the ongoing conflict past its original endpoint, and opens themselves up to further reprisal to avenge damage or recover stolen possessions.

Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #672854

iwishforducks wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:33 pm
► Show Spoiler
Thank you, Mr Duck. I’m blind.

Anyway, while that phrase does (somehow) exist. The escalation still didn’t really “escalate” properly, and it sort of jumps the gun a little bit. Being called that and then escalating instantly to wieldering IS funny, but it feels unrealistic. But then again funny goose chase results in more escalation and results in a mess.

Honestly? They could have talked a little more. But that could be said with everything, and I don’t think that’s the problem here…
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #672865

Turbonerd wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:58 am
BrolyButterfingers wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:16 am

That's just griefing. Healium is stronger than N2O as an anaesthetic.
Don't pick 1 or 10
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #672875

was this the round where lowestone was gunning down all of medbay and larping as stephen seagal
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #672881

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:48 pm was this the round where lowestone was gunning down all of medbay and larping as stephen seagal
It was. Bad and frustrating round for many involved. Still I also wasn't super fond of the CC announcements Drag and PE made.

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #672882

Sightld2 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:03 pm
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:48 pm was this the round where lowestone was gunning down all of medbay and larping as stephen seagal
It was. Bad and frustrating round for many involved. Still I also wasn't super fond of the CC announcements Drag and PE made.
i wasnt in game for it but everyone started tagging me round end to tell me that i was right
Drag
In-Game Admin

Post by Drag » #673044

iwishforducks wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:56 pm Clearly, Vex beating the botanist to death (I'm just going to flat out consider it murder, honestly, anyone worth their salt wouldn't beat someone into -90 health if they didn't intend to kill them. What were they going to do, heal them back up to soft crit and bring them to medical?
Yes, I also had meds on me. You may notice I had an exchange with Roby, I was going to apply my brute mix and eventually figure out they weren't actually a rev. However, they death gasped before that happened.
Honestly? Totally valid to welder someone for calling you a stupid cunt. Poking the bee's nest, so to speak (get it?)
Sure, however, typing isn't logged either. I was going to follow up with something else but they attacked me while I was trying to say something else. (Which in hindsight isnt really that important, but at the moment it was a factor) They attacked me with the welder, disengaged, and then started running back at me with the welder. They ran and fell off the tram after I gave them a bleeding wound. (They probably realized saw > welder). There was a lot going on in that round and a lot of assumptions about them being an antagonist was at the forefront of my mind. It wasn't until later that I realized they were just being a little shit.
To be honest I don't have a good answer to that question.
It's probably because Im biased but I don't think so, by that point I had been detained by security and received an IC consequence. On top of that the fight was fully concluded. In my eyes they had no right to get a laser gun, stalk me, then gun me down.
you made these out of spite and rage. if you're filled with rage and anger about a round
Completely wrong, actually. I can't speak for Roby but my announcement was actually directed to security. Specifically, the detective who offered me cash compensation.

[2023-03-23 20:39:24.080] SAY: TheSmokealarm/(Nathan Lowestone) "i owe serious apologies to vex, the CMO and the chemist for my overuse of power" (Central Tram Dock (127,121,3))
[2023-03-23 20:39:46.644] SAY: TheSmokealarm/(Nathan Lowestone) "i wrongfully shot at you, and you were just trying to defend yourselves" (Station Asteroid (160,120,3))
[2023-03-23 20:39:58.449] SAY: TheSmokealarm/(Nathan Lowestone) "it was my paranoia that caused this" (Central Tram Dock (126,120,3))
[2023-03-23 20:40:01.056] SAY: TheSmokealarm/(Nathan Lowestone) "im sorry" (Central Tram Dock (132,120,3))
[2023-03-23 20:40:39.217] SAY: TheSmokealarm/(Nathan Lowestone) "theres nothing that cant be fixed with uh... one thousand credits?" (Emergency Shuttle (203,122,3))
[2023-03-23 20:41:48.814] SAY: TheSmokealarm/(Nathan Lowestone) "hey vex where are you at?" (Emergency Shuttle (232,123,3))
Edit: A thousand credits is a detective's entire ass paycheck, hence the initial wording.

My announcement was meant to be in reference to this. Could it have been worded better? Yeah absolutely, but there was no inherent malice toward anyone. I sincerely apologize to alonewithus if they thought I was trying to be oocly spiteful towards them. I would like to think I'm good at keeping my in-character and out-of-character feelings separate, but I can see why they would think what they did.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #673061

It's difficult to understand the meaning behind that sort of announcement without those logs as context, which you made worse by leaving it as "You know who you are." Heck I was in the round as Ai and I didn't get it either. Feels odd to use a whole announcement as an In-joke between yourself and Thesmokealarm

And I feel like, sure that makes sense. But it's this portion of the conversation that seemed more iffy to me and the other announcement you made that raised eyebrows.
Spoiler:

[2023-03-23 20:40:41.757] TCOMMS: Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) [Common] (spans:  ) "That's so horrible" (language: Galactic Common) (Emergency Shuttle (204,124,3))
[2023-03-23 20:40:45.853] TCOMMS: Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) [Common] (spans:  ) "Let me take out my violin" (language: Galactic Common) (Emergency Shuttle (204,124,3))
[2023-03-23 20:40:56.326] TCOMMS: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) [Common] (spans:  ) "Im so ready to shoot you on the spot." (language: Galactic Common) (Supermatter Engine Room (124,74,2))
[2023-03-23 20:41:06.339] TCOMMS: Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) [Common] (spans:  ) "Aww so cute" (language: Galactic Common) (Emergency Shuttle (204,124,3))
[2023-03-23 20:41:24.902] TCOMMS: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) [Common] (spans:  ) "That as well." (language: Galactic Common) (Supermatter Engine (122,74,2))
[2023-03-23 20:41:25.771] TCOMMS: Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) [Common] (spans:  ) "A med doctor? right" (language: Galactic Common) (Emergency Shuttle (204,124,3)))
[2023-03-23 20:41:33.781] TCOMMS: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) [Common] (spans:  ) "Oh you dont know who I am, do you." (language: Galactic Common) (Supermatter Engine (122,74,2))
[2023-03-23 20:41:36.443] TCOMMS: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) [Common] (spans:  ) "Oh thats sad." (language: Galactic Common) (Supermatter Engine (122,74,2))
[2023-03-23 20:41:46.765] TCOMMS: Alonewithus/(Leia Pampa) [Common] (spans:  ) "Not the captain?" (language: Galactic Common) (Emergency Shuttle (204,124,3))
Feels like alonewithus was certainly goading you here right, and these lines it really feels like you're trying to respond to that by flaunting OOC admin status, even offhandedly.
Spoiler:

[2023-03-23 20:42:13.133] SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) "Oh I cant wait to wipe that moral high ground off-" (Supermatter Engine (122,74,2))
[2023-03-23 20:42:29.691] SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) "Put it in my mailbox at central." (Supermatter Engine Room (124,73,2))
[2023-03-23 20:42:40.030] SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) "Oh yeah, what was my title again? Command Represenative. That one." (Supermatter Engine Room (124,73,2))
I get that IC they were making fun of your IC job and maybe it's fair to respond with a similar attitude and try and rebut that, and I can see how it could be intended to be entirely IC. And sure, I think literally any player can just say their character works at central, I don't mind that, but since pretty much only admins do it, it just felt off. And there's the other announcement you made after the first one:
Spoiler:
[2023-03-23 20:49:10.318] ADMIN: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) has created a command report: "Your stations a massive joke. All of you are still lucky to have jobs.\nThe damage to central and the station will be coming out of your collective paychecks.", sent from "Desk of Command Rep Vex Petunia-Licht" with the sound "default_announcement".
Especially using OOC admin tools to reflect anger that's meant to be IC? Just doesn't sit right and certainly I think put the taste in everyone's mouth that it was OOC anger. Hell, I think Chime called you out on it IC and I tried to make a more lighthearted announcement afterwards as well.

RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #673066

All of this could have been avoided by the bee user asking the CMO if they could turn a side room into a bee healing room or building a booth outside medical full of bees with a plastic flap to keep them in. Someone made a snazzy healing booth outside medical with healium a few weeks back on manuel. It even came with a conveyor to move you out of the healium room once you passed out.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #673067

Drag wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:41 am Yes, I also had meds on me. You may notice I had an exchange with Roby, I was going to apply my brute mix and eventually figure out they weren't actually a rev. However, they death gasped before that happened.
revs was called BECAUSE of the flashing during the fight. this wasn’t an ongoing station threat, this was a possibility in the air. this is a dumb as fuck antag check when all they were doing was practicing self defense and normal escalation. if they hadnt death gasped and you healed them I still would have found it in incredibly poor taste. I mean, you beat them like 20 times and into -90 health. They had every reason to think you were just killing them. If you had the intention of keeping them alive you would have at least tried to keep them in the soft crit range. I don’t comment on whether or not you had those intentions but rather that your actions were rash and reflect poorly upon you.
Drag wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:41 am Sure, however, typing isn't logged either. I was going to follow up with something else but they attacked me while I was trying to say something else. (Which in hindsight isnt really that important, but at the moment it was a factor) They attacked me with the welder, disengaged, and then started running back at me with the welder. They ran and fell off the tram after I gave them a bleeding wound. (They probably realized saw > welder). There was a lot going on in that round and a lot of assumptions about them being an antagonist was at the forefront of my mind. It wasn't until later that I realized they were just being a little shit.
The logs show that you didn’t circular-saw them anywhere on the 3rd z-level, and only on the 2nd z-level. Which means you chased them down, and I really have to put to scrutiny your story of how that fight went on, especially when it seems like he stayed in one spot for a good while and had to shove you away. (im on my phone so i cant grab logs, but it was when he said cmo murderer)

This encounter confuses me greatly because if you killed them then you weren’t going to revive them. You had already banned them from medical. What exactly was your game plan?
Drag wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:41 am It's probably because Im biased but I don't think so, by that point I had been detained by security and received an IC consequence. On top of that the fight was fully concluded. In my eyes they had no right to get a laser gun, stalk me, then gun me down.
I would be inclined to agree if you hadn’t chased and wounded them seriously (bleeding wounds are no joke) twice when you simply had the option to walk away. Reap what you sow.
Drag wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:41 am Completely wrong, actually. I can't speak for Roby but my announcement was actually directed to security. Specifically, the detective who offered me cash compensation.

[2023-03-23 20:39:24.080] SAY: TheSmokealarm/(Nathan Lowestone) "i owe serious apologies to vex, the CMO and the chemist for my overuse of power" (Central Tram Dock (127,121,3))
[2023-03-23 20:39:46.644] SAY: TheSmokealarm/(Nathan Lowestone) "i wrongfully shot at you, and you were just trying to defend yourselves" (Station Asteroid (160,120,3))
[2023-03-23 20:39:58.449] SAY: TheSmokealarm/(Nathan Lowestone) "it was my paranoia that caused this" (Central Tram Dock (126,120,3))
[2023-03-23 20:40:01.056] SAY: TheSmokealarm/(Nathan Lowestone) "im sorry" (Central Tram Dock (132,120,3))
[2023-03-23 20:40:39.217] SAY: TheSmokealarm/(Nathan Lowestone) "theres nothing that cant be fixed with uh... one thousand credits?" (Emergency Shuttle (203,122,3))
[2023-03-23 20:41:48.814] SAY: TheSmokealarm/(Nathan Lowestone) "hey vex where are you at?" (Emergency Shuttle (232,123,3))
Edit: A thousand credits is a detective's entire ass paycheck, hence the initial wording.

My announcement was meant to be in reference to this. Could it have been worded better? Yeah absolutely, but there was no inherent malice toward anyone. I sincerely apologize to alonewithus if they thought I was trying to be oocly spiteful towards them. I would like to think I'm good at keeping my in-character and out-of-character feelings separate, but I can see why they would think what they did.
To me it didn’t matter who this was direct towards. It still read as spiteful and a gross abuse of admin tools for IC social power. Directly referencing your character as a central command officer in a round you were playing as- in an official announcement nonetheless- feels just gross. It comes off as privileged.

I saw that Leia had said something about you flaunting your admin status ingame, and well the logs SightId2 pulled up there clearly show it. There’s not much more I have to add; pretty much anything I have to say I already said in my previous paragraph. AKA: It comes off as privileged.

Drag
In-Game Admin

Post by Drag » #673068

Sightld2 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:10 pm Words
There is definitely a lot I could have handled better, and a lot I could have worded better to not come off how I did. The FIRST announcement was in response to Roby, who bombed the shit out of the station. The round was overall was sour, and my announcements were under a time crunch since the server was gonna reboot. However, I guarantee nothing I did was out of malice. As people already said this entire thing could have been avoided had the botanist just asked the CMO to make a bee room. If I'm recalling there was someone in fact allergic to regen jelly, which inflated the issue pretty fast.

All of my in-character announcements are in fact in character, Vex is a really mean and jaded character and he acts like it. It's really hard for me to defend myself when people are treating some bitchass twink who needs to be punted over the nearest fence as my personal mentality.

Edit: If the common demand is that I refrain from making command announcements when I play the round, then sure. I absolutely will do that. I do want to extend an apology because I did have a hand in inflating the issue more than it should have.

That's all I really have to say about it.
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #673069

Local twink ABUSES his staff. NT faces several law suits
Drag
In-Game Admin

Post by Drag » #673071

John Howard on his way to punt his boss over a bridge, more news never.

Some say Vex is still demanding his coffee to this day.

Also on an unrelated note; I love it when non-admins have CC characters. I love proving them right via admin bullshittery when people don't believe them.
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #673072

Drag you inspired Me to make both a twink character on manuel AND on Mapple. Your the reason for our downfall :P
Drag
In-Game Admin

Post by Drag » #673073

How many Twinks is it gonna take to bring MRP to its knees? Legitimate question.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #673083

Drag wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:49 pm Edit: If the common demand is that I refrain from making command announcements when I play the round, then sure. I absolutely will do that. I do want to extend an apology because I did have a hand in inflating the issue more than it should have.
I think that on it's own is fine. Just IC negativity using OOC tools is what I think is maybe less cool. I do understand it was a very frustrating round and I'm sure it wasn't intended as malicious.

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #673101

IC comments flaunting any meta type of OOC admin status to win arguments or lord it over players are very much a conduct breach.

Using admin CC announcements during EoRG to salt about the shift you just participated in as a player is highly cringe, is borderline on conduct, and could trigger a deeper investigation.

Just wanted to clarify those two points on acceptable admin conduct.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd » #673148

I am disappitbee in the admin that abused admin stuff to "own" the player.
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #673184

Now I'm starting to regret voting for Drag in the elections...
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #673216

EDIT: The apiary with the only queen bee and only regenerative jelly is way, wayyy more expensive/meaningful/hard-to-get than one circular saw.
THEN WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU MOVE IT WHEN THEY ASKED YOU TO

THIS COULD HAVE BEEN SOLVED BY JUST BEING A REASONABLE FUCKING PERSON LIKE 99% OF ADMIN SITUATIONS

AM I EXPECTING TOO MUCH TO ASK ADULTS TO ACT LIKE ADULTS
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #673226

one time it was war ops and vex said he would pay us for capturing a nukie alive and i said over comms "no you wont you cheap gay bastard" and he smited me but then he ahealed me afterwards so all is well
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #673323

OP's post reads like old people who were afraid of the television

WE DO NOT WANT YOUR ENTERTAINMENT IN A BOX THIS IS NOT HOW GOD INTENDED IT, VAUDVILLE THEATER IS THE ONE TRUE ART, IT'S BROUGHT TO YOU BY PROFESSIONALS
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #673375

Drag wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:49 pm Edit: If the common demand is that I refrain from making command announcements when I play the round, then sure. I absolutely will do that. I do want to extend an apology because I did have a hand in inflating the issue more than it should have.
Feels weird. If you play the round you shouldn't reference the fact that you played it after you readmin. But admins using admin powers to self insert always rubbed me wrong, so I'm biased.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #673391

I'm surprised you guys readmin after dying, I do that to debug and I feel dirty
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #673537

Drag shitting on someone's project because someone MIGHT have an allergy (instead of dealing with it IF it came to that and otherwise letting the project help people) and then using the person protecting her own project to escalate is really shitty, but I won't pretend to know how these things usually work on Manuel because I don't.
NoxVS wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:44 am The conflict starts with you putting the healing bees in medical.
How can conflict start with something that not only does not harm people but help them? "How dare you give me free stuff?!"

It's, however, interesting to see who the defender and the aggressor in the escalation were being a point of contention in the appeal.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #673544

ekaterina wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:49 pm How can conflict start with something that not only does not harm people but help them? "How dare you give me free stuff?!"
its less about the allergies and more about the healing bees just doing medbays work for them, especially whens theres no agency in the matter for the person getting healed

i had something similar happen to me once when i was working medbay and i ended up having a boring shift because of it
respect (let him do his thing)
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #673650

ekaterina wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:49 pm
NoxVS wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:44 am The conflict starts with you putting the healing bees in medical.
How can conflict start with something that not only does not harm people but help them? "How dare you give me free stuff?!"

It's, however, interesting to see who the defender and the aggressor in the escalation were being a point of contention in the appeal.
I was just trying to rehash the events that occurred and make sure I wasn't misunderstanding anything. It would probably have been more accurate to say that it lead to the conflict but the actual conflict was started with medical trying to remove it and being shoved. It just felt way too pedantic to specifically mention this.

And yeah, it can be real difficult to determine the aggressor and the defender. Especially when you have situations where it's actually multiple conflicts twisted together and somehow each party is both the aggressor and defender. I try to consider the aggressor as the one going against the natural state of the game, if that makes sense? In this instance, botany bringing in the bees to an area belonging to medical. It isn't exceptionally disruptive but it still intrudes on medical, so they are the aggressor when medical tries to enforce their control on their department and is stopped.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #673671

kinnebian wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:53 am
ekaterina wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:49 pm How can conflict start with something that not only does not harm people but help them? "How dare you give me free stuff?!"
its less about the allergies and more about the healing bees just doing medbays work for them, especially whens theres no agency in the matter for the person getting healed

i had something similar happen to me once when i was working medbay and i ended up having a boring shift because of it
There is nothing Med players hate more than wizard healing staffs.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #673984

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:52 am

There is nothing Med players hate more than wizard healing staffs.
Staffs should only work for real wizards tbh
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #674023

Don’t the healing staffs just do an Odysseus beam now?
Granted that’s free healing too but it’s at least more comparable to being able to tend wounds at range.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #674045

bees can't do voluntary surgeries like augmentations and surgical upgrades tho.
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #674060

How many people actually died due to the bees?
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #674067

Epicgamer545 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:16 pm How many people actually died due to the bees?
Probably none, but I never really checked
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server