Sinfulpiss appeal nut.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Sinfulpiss appeal nut.

Post by Turbonerd » #673188

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33680

He's jealous because he can't count with us.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Re: Sinfulpiss appeal nut.

Post by ekaterina » #673528

So this is the famed sinfulbliss that Kendrickorium compared me to... interesting.
Timberpoes wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:41 am Even if it later transforms into an objectively justified ban, the procedural impropriety evident in that first appeal offends my own sense of justice and fairness. If a headmin waded into my appeal upholding my decision while LARPing as the King of Bias, I would have overturned my own ban there and then without a second thought.
Unfathomably based and mistrial-pilled.
TheLoLSwat wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:32 pm all sinful had to do was go "yeah i understand why my actions could be seen as x, and ill do y to improve on that , my goal isnt to stir drama its to facilitate discussion but i do need better judgement on where to draw the line. x y z" the bag was in his hands and he fumbled
Apologising when you actually believe you did something wrong is fine, maybe even good.
Apologising just because someone else thinks you did something wrong is cowardly and not righteous.
Sinfulbliss believes he was incorrectly banned and is standing up for himself. He did good. Never make undeserved concessions. Give an inch and they'll take a mile.
Whether his belief is correct or not is another matter that chadmin Timberpoes will soon unravel for us.
RaveRadbury wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:38 pm Let me shoot 1000% straight with you on this. I was concerned about showing my hand on this but I've been assured by people who know Sinful that he's not really the kind of guy to pay lip service and that in his own words he has a hard time making the kind of posts that lolswat is describing. I've seen a handful of people endorse similar appeal strategies and apparently some people are trying to talk him into it directly.
Did I just misinterpret this or is he actually saying he wants sinfulbliss to lie to him, that he wants "lip service" over actual intent? Holy crap, he is more concerned with appearances than actions.
Capsandi wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:25 am Why wont sinful just make an actual appeal?
This is an actual appeal. "I was unfairly banned and denied due process". Not all appeals are insincere apologies, see above.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #673530

ekaterina wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:54 pm
RaveRadbury wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:38 pm Let me shoot 1000% straight with you on this. I was concerned about showing my hand on this but I've been assured by people who know Sinful that he's not really the kind of guy to pay lip service and that in his own words he has a hard time making the kind of posts that lolswat is describing. I've seen a handful of people endorse similar appeal strategies and apparently some people are trying to talk him into it directly.
Did I just misinterpret this or is he actually saying he wants sinfulbliss to lie to him, that he wants "lip service" over actual intent? Holy crap, he is more concerned with appearances than actions.
You misinterpreted it.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #673531

I feel humbled to be mentioned as a saneposter but i respectfully deny your claims
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #673549

A bold retort. I don't think I've ever seen a player turn down being unbanned, before. Let's see how this plays out.
Will the headmin triumvirate uphold Rave's original ban? Will they uphold his attempt at reversing the ban? Will they deny his ability to deny Rave the opportunity to reverse the ban? Just about everything is in the cards, and the deck is up in the air because Sinful just started a game of 52-card pickup.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #673569

Haha! I'm too good to just let Rave unban me and take the very obvious hint that I shouldn't be deliberately trying to start or add to drama just for the sake of doing so! I'm going to wait for the headmins to comment, who are generally more likely to deny me an unban especially given my attitude towards Rave and the fact that I refused to just take what I was offered!
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #673571

Vekter wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:33 am Haha! I'm too good to just let Rave unban me and take the very obvious hint that I shouldn't be deliberately trying to start or add to drama just for the sake of doing so! I'm going to wait for the headmins to comment, who are generally more likely to deny me an unban especially given my attitude towards Rave and the fact that I refused to just take what I was offered!
All he had to say was that he would follow the forum rules which like... weren't you planning on doing that anyways?

>sorry i can't accept your olive branch

bro why bro
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #673574

Vekter wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:33 am Haha! I'm too good to just let Rave unban me and take the very obvious hint that I shouldn't be deliberately trying to start or add to drama just for the sake of doing so! I'm going to wait for the headmins to comment, who are generally more likely to deny me an unban especially given my attitude towards Rave and the fact that I refused to just take what I was offered!
I don't think this is the angle Sinful's coming from. The guy has a point, and I don't think he's demanding the world here.
Rave's strict enforcement of vague rules is what got us here in the first place. How is he supposed to trust he won't be arbitrarily banned again if he takes Rave's word for it?
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #673575

Unban? Nah, sinfulmiss me with that shit.
► Show Spoiler
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #673576

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:56 am
I don't think this is the angle Sinful's coming from. The guy has a point, and I don't think he's demanding the world here.
Rave's strict enforcement of vague rules is what got us here in the first place. How is he supposed to trust he won't be arbitrarily banned again if he takes Rave's word for it?
I mean, honestly I don't think the ban was unwarranted to begin with. We've had a huge problem with shit-stirring in Player's Club for a while now. I get that there's a case to be made that the ban wasn't warranted, but is the issue that Rave didn't warn them, or that they didn't deserve it?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #673579

bold names say he is 0ph Chinfulrizz
thin names say hes 7ph smister robinson
He was banned for a post that would have gotten others laughed at, nothing more. Along with the stacked warnings its blatantly clear that the ban had no merit. Why should he act like hes being given a merciful chance to repent?
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #673587

Vekter wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:07 am I mean, honestly I don't think the ban was unwarranted to begin with. We've had a huge problem with shit-stirring in Player's Club for a while now. I get that there's a case to be made that the ban wasn't warranted, but is the issue that Rave didn't warn them, or that they didn't deserve it?
Both of those. Apologies for the short essay to follow.
A) Administrative warnings, as I established earlier in the thread, are a powerful tool. They're meant to give people a chance to improve, yeah? Rave didn't use them this way, he used them to make himself look better as he unfairly ejected Sinful from the club.

B) Sinful didn't deserve to be banned for 'drama stirring' because that's not what he was doing, nor was it the actual reason Rave banned him, as Rave freely admitted earlier in this thread.
RaveRadbury wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:44 am The sinful ban was a Rule 1 style QC ban from a place that has higher standards for banning than in-game.
If it's a quality control ban, it should have been outright stated as one instead of hidden behind 'drama stirring'. He shouldn't have needed to warn him for something completely unrelated, just warn him for global rule 6! That's about the only rule you can prove that Sinful regularly broke, even if it was a minor amount of drama that resulted in, "wow, that opinion sucks!" and people moving on.

The first post he was warned for was for disputing someone else being banned under the exact same rule, used questionably by the same admin, in a thread about that ban. The second warning came moments later for an unrelated post where he asked what the point of the rule was as an honest question. Which objectively isn't drama stirring, but gets him to three strikes. Do the below posts, the two posts which triggered the ban, read as 'drama stirring' to you?
► Show Spoiler
It's interesting to note that both of these posts question Rave's integrity as an administrator, and that could have been a motivating factor in applying this ban. The first is doubting a similar ban Rave placed, and the second doubting a rule that, as far as i'm aware, Rave created.

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #673591

orangebottle everyone agrees the original ban is muddy but even sinful himself said one of his posts which got moderated was valid so there is at least has some basis behind the ban. so considering he can say "i will follow the forum rules" at any time he really just should...
saying nothing was wrong with his behavior is just stupid
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #673592

imo just unbanning and trying to moderate with more warning and communication is basically what sinful wanted but that involves admitting that one post that got moderated that he said was a valid deletion... WAS a valid deletion idk its so easy
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #673593

i think this appeal goes farther than just banning sinful, and i think sinful is well aware of it. he doesn't particularly care about the personal attachments of the ban but rather the precedent that the ban sets. sinful refused rave's catch because... it's literally just setting him up in the same way he got banned last time. i.e., if i don't like your post once, i have the privilege to ban you on the spot because you were permabanned before.

if rave wants to handle the player's club like this then so god help us all
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #673594

also really?
RaveRadbury wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:31 pm ignoring this previous escalation that you find to be unfair.
:? :? :?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #673596

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:18 am ... i.e., if i don't like your post once, i have the privilege to ban you on the spot because you were permabanned before.

if rave wants to handle the player's club like this then so god help us all
I think there's pretty good precedent that it hasn't been handled like that in retrospect of Sinful's ban. It's just the nature of the beast, Rave didn't like Sinful's posting over a longer period of time. In the original appeal Rave cites like some half a dozen or more posts they took issue with.

Just nobody did any formal warnings until a tipping point where Sinful ended up banned for posting habits they should have had more prior warning of; if there were more prior warnings the ban may have been objectively justified in its own right.

It's technicalities all the way down.

The sooner Sinful confronts the idea that should they be unbanned it will almost assuredly be on one or more technicalities instead of on a total rejection of Rave's assessment for Sinful's post history in the Player's Club, the better. The appeal won't erase their history or warnings accrued thus far. Forever dancing around that point is a fast-track path to being banned again.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #673597

iwishforducks wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:18 am if rave wants to handle the player's club like this then so god help us all
I've been handling it like this the whole time and you and nearly everyone else have been doing okay.

This being my usual style of engagement, rather than the instance specifically regarding sinful.

If Sinful does get unbanned I'm going to be true to what I said, he'll get warnings for things and there will be proper escalation. I think it will be unlikely that he'll do anything severe enough to immediately get banned, especially considering that he's ceded that both one of the warnings involving the issue make sense.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #673599

Armhulen wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:08 am orangebottle everyone agrees the original ban is muddy but even sinful himself said one of his posts which got moderated was valid so there is at least has some basis behind the ban. so considering he can say "i will follow the forum rules" at any time he really just should...
saying nothing was wrong with his behavior is just stupid
Let's take a look at that one.
sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:35 am The only post I made that was likely drama-stirring is the deleted one I got a warning for. Even that one, if you read it, actually isn't even attacking Typhnox, it's making fun of the ban reason, but regardless it probably qualifies as drama-stirring. Those sorts of posts, as I said in the OP, I won't make.
Sinful wrote: >engages in drama because 26 people are calling me a pedophile
>gets banned for engaging in drama ((NOT BECAUSE OF THE LOLI TOTALLY NOT BECAUSE OF THE LOLI STATEMENTS IT WAS FOR EH HEM “ENGAGING IN DRAMA” THAT IS YOUR CRIME. AND NO THE YOUTUBE VIDEO HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR DECISION ON THE MATTER!!))

happy new years fellas :]
I disagree with Sinful on this point. It's a tongue-in-cheek, on-topic accusation at the banning administrator. You would have to be the banning administrator to misconstrue this as an attempt to cause drama- oh. wait. Rave is the administrator in question.

I would go through and analyze every single one of Sinful's posts that was linked in his original appeal- but two things. A) that's on him to do and best saved for the appeal thread proper. I don't want to provide perspective before him and taint the pool, so to speak. B) Rave didn't provide any sort of criticism for each post, just sort of listed them and highlighted things like they spoke for themselves.
iwishforducks wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:18 amif rave wants to handle the player's club like this then so god help us all
I fully agree. If I remember right, I posted or wanted to post something about being too afraid of being silenced by rave to criticize him, in the past. It was in the last election peanut thread, but I'm having trouble finding that. He isn't a head administrator right now- if he wants to fabricate some reason to eject me and triple-warn into a ban, he'll have a much harder time doing so.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:27 am The sooner Sinful confronts the idea that should they be unbanned it will almost assuredly be on one or more technicalities instead of on a total rejection of Rave's assessment for Sinful's post history in the Player's Club, the better. The appeal won't erase their history or warnings accrued thus far. Forever dancing around that point is a fast-track path to being banned again.
Isn't it rather unfair to expect Sinful to defend posts without any offense provided whatsoever? If Rave wants Sinful to defend his entire post history, he should have to attack him first on each post. The only feedback he has on some of his posts is that Rave thinks they are attempts to cause drama(with no reason given), and highlights that give very little context.

Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #673600

Suicide plea deals are nothing new in appeal-tech, not even for metaappeals (Slig v.Discord 2/18). In fact, SPD finds its most effective use against novice meta participants such as first time appealers for bans regarding escalation. The novice defendant will place their access to the TG station server above their meta reputation. While it is true that losing access to the server damages metarep as the NCAP(Not in Coding, Playing or Administration, comparable to NEET) class of community members are seen as not worth appeal discretion. In this way, appeal discretion can be preserved for more important applications, such as wading through this week's reider appeal or in preparation to handle the ban of a high-profile defendant.
Timonk wrote:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #673608

RaveRadbury wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:31 am
iwishforducks wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:18 am if rave wants to handle the player's club like this then so god help us all
I've been handling it like this the whole time and you and nearly everyone else have been doing okay.
Rave you do know that the single variable which separates sinful and the rest of us is that you like us and not sinful, right? Thats DarkRP paid admin rank tier. You have done a terrible job proving this ban wasn't solely in the interest of your fragile ego. Thats why nobody who needs to stay on good terms to not make their admining lives harder than needed vehemently disagrees with your administration of this forum.

Thread theme wip
https://cancer killing /tg/.com/1gjoc9ZOSehr

Will maybe pr that other one as space ambiance since there are many conflicts which take place in deep space in SS13 and I could see it fitting well for those situations as well as a general feeling of exploration.
Timonk wrote:
Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #673609

WTF triple post but thats a cancer killing /tg/ link in my editor why is it saying cancer killing tg?
cancer killing /tg/.com /1gjoc9ZOSehr
cancer killing /tg/ . com
cancer killing /tg/
voc aroo
why is cancer killing /tg/ auto correcting to cancer killing /tg/
Timonk wrote:
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #673611

lmao
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #673612

alright so if i copy the url from the bar it gives me a link using cancer killing /tg/ which im guessing was part of a scam at some point leading to the name being autofiltered but using the copy button gives me this
https://voca.ro/12hkwRKXKSF8
which is the same link.
now i can confuse people with this
EDIT: thats the first one, i meant
https://voca.ro/1gjoc9ZOSehr
Timonk wrote:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #673613

just wait until you see the word filter that makes me say INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #673614

Capsandi wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:57 am Rave you do know that the single variable which separates sinful and the rest of us is that you like us and not sinful, right?
If he's worried about biased moderation a fresh start is exactly what both of them need. i still think sinful should have just taken that olive branch
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #673616

I've said it before and I'll say it again I genuinely have no personal issue with Sinful. I would not say that I dislike him.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #673620

Armhulen wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:08 am just wait until you see the word filter that makes me say INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS
I slam some pointless tags in the middle like:

Code: Select all

iv[b][/b]ory tower
to bypass it.

Ivory tower.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #673621

any of you guys wanna talk about Starsector
Spoiler:
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #673622

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:23 am any of you guys wanna talk about Starsector
hey guys, have you heard about the hit new game STARSECTOR? what's YOUR favorite faction? i'm a protoss main! i love funny golden buildings!

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #673624

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:23 am any of you guys wanna talk about Starsector
i'm partitioning a new drive give me a drive number
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #673625

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:34 am I fully agree. If I remember right, I posted or wanted to post something about being too afraid of being silenced by rave to criticize him, in the past. It was in the last election peanut thread, but I'm having trouble finding that. He isn't a head administrator right now- if he wants to fabricate some reason to eject me and triple-warn into a ban, he'll have a much harder time doing so.
Do it then. You either are going to be proven wrong and nothing happens to you or you are given proof that you were right all along and can point at that and rally everyone to your side to stop the evil tyrant rave from reenacting the plot of George Orwell's hit book, 1984.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #673626

alright, you cancer killing /tg/
Timonk wrote:
Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #673627

also nice job wasting time appealing this ban while you could have just waited for the hut to open
Timonk wrote:
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #673628

NoxVS wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:32 am
datorangebottle wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:34 am I fully agree. If I remember right, I posted or wanted to post something about being too afraid of being silenced by rave to criticize him, in the past. It was in the last election peanut thread, but I'm having trouble finding that. He isn't a head administrator right now- if he wants to fabricate some reason to eject me and triple-warn into a ban, he'll have a much harder time doing so.
Do it then. You either are going to be proven wrong and nothing happens to you or you are given proof that you were right all along and can point at that and rally everyone to your side to stop the evil tyrant rave from reenacting the plot of George Orwell's hit book, 1984.
Mister admin... are you... drama stirring? In my wholesome, drama-free starsector/counting thread?
Shaking my SMH. Do better. ;)

Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #673629

this is like watching someone wake up from a years long coma when their BFF turbonerd who was always there to defend sybilswish died the day before
Timonk wrote:
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #673632

Capsandi wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:34 am also nice job wasting time appealing this ban while you could have just waited for the hut to open
hut sucks
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #673633

Armhulen wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:27 am
Number?
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #673634

rave trolled his reputation and it didnt even work, because he took a shot (or 7) and sinfulmissed
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #673638

conrad wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:50 am
Number?
ok i meant letter sorry goodness me graciousness i got the word WRONG
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #673646

also
>he's still sippy cup whiner babbling in his appeal
s-sinful, i...
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #673647

Armhulen wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:55 am
Number?
H feels like a nice letter
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #673651

NoxVS wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:18 am
Number?
SMH if you had said 'A' we could've started spelling out the alphabet instead of counting.

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #673653

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:23 am
NoxVS wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:18 am
Number?
SMH if you had said 'A' we could've started spelling out the alphabet instead of counting.
ew, A drive. I'm just gonna wait for sinful to stop being a naebaby so he can get to the discussion that matters: partitioning hard drives
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #673658

Armhulen wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:11 am also
>he's still sippy cup whiner babbling in his appeal
s-sinful, i...
you'd think a forum mod would understand the value of discussing forumposting rule enforcement in a forumposting ban appeal thread
but then you'd remember it's armhulen......
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #673659

i just hope you learned something because nobody wants you gone from this blessed community :prayer_hands:

I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.
1 Corinthians 1:10
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #673660

Timberpoes wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:41 am Important perspective check:

I can get why Sinful's a little pissed off and came out swinging with attacks instead of with a defense. Because the last time he tried to defend himself he got told that nothing he said mattered because a headmin was too biased against him to make an objective decision.

If any admin sincerely came into an appeal and took that approach during any of my terms, I'd have them strung up in a conduct discussion faster than they could process regret over their utter incapability at performing their role.

For better or worse, the last appeal made this ban harder for someone like me to uphold. Even if it later transforms into an objectively justified ban, the procedural impropriety evident in that first appeal offends my own sense of justice and fairness. If a headmin waded into my appeal upholding my decision while LARPing as the King of Bias, I would have overturned my own ban there and then without a second thought.
A) Why did you never approach me about this before now? Just wondering. We had lots of time for you to broach it, I think I may not have responded for a multitude of reasons. Just wondering why you are only mentioning it now when it serves to make me look the worst. Its okay if you didn’t consider it that way.

B) I learned from your discussions on how “headmins get the ultimate authority on such matters” when you discussed QoL bans in cases such as oranges as well as other misc. shitters. I think I got that in my head around the fifth time you spoke about it with me. I would arguably say that since I was most active in the discord while you were speaking about headmin stuff, is that your writings on what a term should look like is what rubbed off the most on me and compelled that decision. Please don’t say such things like “spun around into a conduct thread” when your own words and deeds are what taught me to do it.

You were the biggest teacher I had before the elections or anything like that because tattle/Rave(first term)/nameless/mothblocks/melbert spoke zilch about what it was like to be a headmin in public channels, so all that you see me have done is based on what you’ve said over and over again. I am the beast you brought wittingly or unwittingly, unfortunately.

What’s past is passed however. I’m not upset about anything, I just want to politely outline how your words and deeds over and over again constantly compel people to do things that you end up not liking. This would certainly save someone who isn’t as mentally fortuitous as I from a bit of heartache.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #673661

Armhulen wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:01 am i just hope you learned something because nobody wants you gone from this blessed community :prayer_hands:

I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.
1 Corinthians 1:10
Is that a reference to the best but removed game mode hive mind?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #673662

@sinful
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #673663

san7890 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:03 am Just wondering why you are only mentioning it now when it serves to make me look the worst. Its okay if you didn’t consider it that way.
I think the way you handled the ban appeal was the most respectable out of all the replies because you were completely forthright.
It takes a lot of courage to admit your own biases publicly, especially when it'd be infinitely easier to either say nothing or come up with some post hoc justification to support them instead.

It pissed me off because it was biting and pulled no punches, but I would rather hear it from the heart than through the lips if you will.
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #673664

Armhulen wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:06 am @sinful
us
Spoiler:
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #673665

FWIW, San, I don't think too many people here are holding your conduct in that appeal against you.
You came clean and admitted your bias, which is the bare minimum I'd expect from anyone in that position. You were genuine and up-front about it. It takes a sharp mind to recognize bias, and a strong heart to admit it. A lesser person would have just upheld the ban.
I honestly don't think anything about this situation reflects poorly on you.