Portal To The Past I

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Portal To The Past I

Post by vect0r » #673773

Hello, and welcome to portal to the past, a... weekly? Maybe once every three days, you decide, where I post a link to a forum post from a bygone era. (Or just whatever shit I find from a while ago) It is just an open forum to make fun of how people thought the game should work 7 years ago.
Today on the show, a man who doesn't understand what open source is, and tries to remake SS13 but closed source! Connected for 3 games in total, but that doesn't stop them from explaining how NOBODY WOULD EVERY WORK ON A PROJECT FOR FREE!
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=8798
If you got any suggestions for my next Portal to the Past, hit me up with a PM or just DM me on discord.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Re: Portal To The Past I

Post by kayozz » #673777

Oranges saying it like it is...
We do this shit for free because we think the game and community is worth our investment and we respect the investment countless others have put in before for the same reasons, you do this shit because you want to make money of an idea other people have built and evolved.
--
Also OP in that thread
Take away what you want, assume it's going to fail and go join all the kiddies in the sandbox, and when I finish it, and it turns out to be what everyone here says it'll never be, don't be surprised if I give every person who doubted a big middle finger.
Did it ever get built then? Still waiting for the middle finger.

Also lol at the amount of deadlinks and security risks throughout that thread. 7/10
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #673779

Is that Dean Hall's origin story?
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here.
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #673785

People who turn open source into closed source to be the sole developer want to be the center of attention
Change my mind
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #673924

ss14 is the only one of these remakes with the most promise and that continues to be the case
also 2016 was 7 years ago?? wow time sure does work
respect (let him do his thing)
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #673952

Oh yeah this is fun-
Hit me up with any info you need I have lots of historical info
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #673987

Bawhoppennn wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:08 am Oh yeah this is fun-
Hit me up with any info you need I have lots of historical info
What happened before 2014 in tg
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #673990

Give a more specific question but in short it was different
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #673991

hoo man the nostalgia in that
Saeg, Incoming, Repukan, Kevinz, Armhu- wait a second
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #673992

Yeah people fell for the bait too hard in the thread in hindsight, but that was part of the fun

mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #673996

that feel when years ago byond wasn't any good and replacing it actually would have meant something

now
>nolag
>interface gets better by the week
>graphics sprite based but lolwhocares
>constant updates, new gamemodes, new content, new bugs (some of which are pretty funny)

ss13 is one of the best games ever made and it's 100% free
Heh
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #674013

i forgot about this wow
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #674089

i made a funny post in that thread
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #674094

that feel when years ago byond wasn't any good and replacing it actually would have meant something

now
>nolag
>interface gets better by the week
>graphics sprite based but lolwhocares
>constant updates, new gamemodes, new content, new bugs (some of which are pretty funny)

ss13 is one of the best games ever made and it's 100% free
oh how the times have changed
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)