Portal to the past II

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Portal to the past II

Post by vect0r » #674061

Hello again. This week, I am going to be posting everyday. Is this because I found some fun threads? Maybe...
Anyway, I would like you to set your eyes on a policy thread with...
266 posts.
6 pages.
Started by Horny Granny.
I would like you to set your eyes on: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=2253. The ERP banning policy thread.
Some highlights:
We are banning ERP and sexual content on a trial basis.
We don't know the extent of this, if it even applies to winks, kisses, mimes, luck, Ian, lizards, the librarian, comments, innuendo, sexual encounters, erin or even the alien rounds. So. at the very least, if we are going to get a new policy set up, even if the policy itself was voted down into the oblivion every time, we need clarifications, otherwise, I feel this is just a "Ban free" card for any admin that has a grudge on a player.
Last Round I played I saw Erin Wake dressed as an school girl mime being chased by a virologist in full bio suit, those kind of things are the ones I want to protect. The logs themselves are only useful to point and laugh to fenex.
Wait so let me get this straight.

You can kill people in the game, that's fine. One could argue that it's the actual driving force of the game, to have antagonists who mainly murder people.

But you can't kiss people? That's now bannable, we don't want to see that stuff?

Man this is some silly shit. I've never erped, I've only seen it few times. But I've heard shitloads of people on the forums getting offended by this behavior (which, btw lead to your birth and is the most natural thing in the world to every species). I was proud before to see other servers ban erp and us, tg-style was nice smooth sailing "erp? whatever, man, people can love, we don't care". But now we're just like the other hypocrites in their murdering people but suddenly getting all scared if someone has play-sex.

People who were behind this decision, you have a twisted way of seeing the world.
Have fun with this one!
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Re: Portal to the past II

Post by kinnebian » #674068

ohohoho, this is juicy
oddly reminiscent of the current community when big changes are made,
never change /tg/
respect (let him do his thing)
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #674078

I understand the people that didnt want erp banned just to dunk on erpers because its always fun to do, but ERP being allowed is like liquid sharting in a spray bottle and spraying it around your house (which in this case is tgstation)
edit: holy shit people are DENSE, how hard is it to understand what erp means?

hall of fame posts from the thread
Tgstation is a RP server, meaning that you're supposed to simulate social interaction with the other players. Sex is just a social interaction, it's not something you should be disgusted or afraid of. I agree that silently running to the dorms with your metafriend and going to town isn't really RP and you could just move to a chatroom, but I don't see anything wrong with two people roleplaying their attraction in the game context and eventually evolve to the physical stage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

really stupid rule

you should only ban for things that are harmful

ERP harmful how ??????

nobody's explained how this is some uncontrollable plague ruining the round or game for many players?

you have the rules against rape and being an irresponsible leadership position (head whatever) so how is this a problem

i don't even understand why anyone would bother making this rule. by making it you're creating more strife than you're solving (which is none btw)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As announced in game, I will start to ignore this policy starting 16/12/2014 17 East time if not one of the head admins that made the rulling clarifies my questions, This doesn't means I will inmediatly go and ERP, I haven't since I created this account, I doubt I will, but I won't held the policy in between of my freedom to roleplay any good damn I want to in a roleplaying game. I will of course, follow all of the other rules that had been presented in a concise and complete way, like the antagonist mass murderboning set by SoS was and all the other rules presented so far.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for replying Anon, this was getting ridiculous, but, this is really sad, for two reasons.

First, and foremost, it's really sad that after five pages, I had to set down a clock and scream defiance to make anyone react, I believed headmins were selected to deffuse shit like this.

second, what is it to you if I was using spessmen as surrogate for real life affection with real people? you don't know the circumstances of most if any of the people that play, much less the feelings of said people, otherwise you wouldn't had said something as hurtful and toxic as you just said.

Please remember that we are all fucking human beings, every one of the players you have right now playing in your server, and every admin too.

What you just said hurt me, not becouse you banned ERP, fuck it, let me tell you something, I don't give a flying fuck about it. I just don't want to miss more great players, we already lost Tokiko thanks to the artyom drama, now we are probably miss a good chunk too, becouse, let's face it, it doesn't hurt the game, as many had pointed out before in this thread, it even expands it.

I will continue to obey the rules, as you came before the set time, but, I will probably leave the day all the great people that play here leave, I just don't give a fuck about the adminconspiracy, the map, the pulls, the merges, I just fell in love with the players.

And I think you are making a wrong choice here, please remember that while this is indeed your server, this is our game as well, Yours, mine, theirs, this will break the server again if you don't do something about it.

Also, sorry Fenex, but it looks you will be the last great Erper.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I got the solution for this while the ban is in effect, erpers could use a tinychat link and that would create a temporal chatroom. It also has a logs feature so Iteq could still collect the logs. Would that be okay?

Tgstation isn't all about killing people and completing objectives, it's more a game of cunning and manipulation, and guess what, nothing has more manipulative potential than sex. You remove sex, you remove an important and interesting side of roleplay that adds something to the game. Roleplaying taking a shit adds nothing to the game.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #674088

its interesting seeing old avatars of peoples i used to think were cool
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #674093

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:09 pm its interesting seeing old avatars of peoples i used to think were cool
sae, irishwristwatch, HG and sticky are staples of old posts
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #674130

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:09 pm its interesting seeing old avatars of peoples i used to think were cool
Seeing all the people lost to time, their posts perfectly preserved...it is something of a surreal experience, isn't it? They were being busybodies, probably not thinking about their imprint they would leave behind a decade later.
Makes me almost feel like we're historians, reviewing ancient romans drawing penis graffitis on a wall and reminiscing about what life was like back then.

It makes me wonder about why they never returned. Makes me wonder, will I one day also be one of the many faces lost to time?

With melancholic regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #674136

mrpain wrote: If I wanted to play Sex Gaem Online I'd play Second Life. I'm ok with this policy.
>/vg/Station head admin :honkman:
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #674139

BONERMASTER wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:37 pm
It makes me wonder about why they never returned. Makes me wonder, will I one day also be one of the many faces lost to time?

With melancholic regards
-BONERMASTER
Many people move on, get children, lose interest. It is part of life, like your time in high school ending and suddenly not meeting your friends anymore. I miss many people already in only 4 years of playing, (some examples are tumesuo, tceo or pugie, tumesuo lost interest presumably, tceo turned out to be anti woke or smth and isolated himself to Merchantstation and pugie got himself banned in an act of martyrdom (he was losing interest anyways but he took it to the extreme)) again losing contact with people is just part of life
Personally i have a hard time coping with these goodbyes but the feeling of loneliness will be over soon once you meet new people
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #674187

Seeing all the people lost to time, their posts perfectly preserved...it is something of a surreal experience, isn't it? They were being busybodies, probably not thinking about their imprint they would leave behind a decade later.
Makes me almost feel like we're historians, reviewing ancient romans drawing penis graffitis on a wall and reminiscing about what life was like back then.

With melancholic regards
-BONERMASTER
In 2060, when the /TG/ Station project has gained more traction attributed to some sociogreebles made by some future headmin terms. Madmen and sociopaths who take the utmost joy in the same time honored tradition of engaging in high level discourse surrounding the policy of 2d spacemans will look back on the forums renaissance of 2023 as the capstone of the "hutless stretch". The players club will serve as the most contingent cache of peanuts they would have access to until someone gets bored in 2028 and compiles a torrent of the hut from 2028 to 2031. The release of such data will be controversial and whomever is responsible will be burnt at the stake.
Anyways its not like these people are dead, they probably wonder why anyone would still engage in forum discussions when there's a /TG/station discord server to chat in if they ever check in again.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #674193

Roleplaying taking a shit adds nothing to the game.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #674258

Fucking with people who ERPed was funny but not in a way that, in retrospect, would probably be healthy for the server in the long term.

But turning a dozen ghosts into simplemob cats and releasing them into a dorm or turning the wall of the librarian's study into glass remain some of my favorite stupid memories.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #674402

you dont know comedy until you've learned to quickhack doors so you could swiftly unbolt and pry open the room Amy Lessen and Jon Riker were fucking in and throw flowers and wine at them and closing it and bolting it shut before they can respond
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #674731

Wait so let me get this straight.

You can kill people in the game, that's fine. One could argue that it's the actual driving force of the game, to have antagonists who mainly murder people.

But you can't kiss people? That's now bannable, we don't want to see that stuff?
Spoiler:
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #674738

With melancholic regards
-BONERMASTER
Depressing news flash, everything is the same as it has always been, we just have computers now.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #674739

Pandarsenic wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:28 pm Fucking with people who ERPed was funny but not in a way that, in retrospect, would probably be healthy for the server in the long term.

But turning a dozen ghosts into simplemob cats and releasing them into a dorm or turning the wall of the librarian's study into glass remain some of my favorite stupid memories.
It still seems so strange to me to imagine a world where you're observing on TG and see paragraph long posts of typefucking as though there aren't 30 ghosts watching you. It still feels surreal to me on The Downstream, I CANNOT imagine it on TG proper.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #674744

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:28 am
Pandarsenic wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:28 pm Fucking with people who ERPed was funny but not in a way that, in retrospect, would probably be healthy for the server in the long term.

It still seems so strange to me to imagine a world where you're observing on TG and see paragraph long posts of typefucking as though there aren't 30 ghosts watching you. It still feels surreal to me on The Downstream, I CANNOT imagine it on TG proper.
Neo-voyeurism
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #674748

There is one reason and one reason alone why it is a good thing TG banned ERP. It isn’t because WUH WOH DA SPACEMAN IS TALKING ABOUT COCK AND SEX IN DORMS 4 AAAA MY VIRGIN GHOST EARS!! It isn’t because B-BUT PEOPLE WILL BE TOO HORNY TO ENGAGE WITH THE EPIG VALIDHUNT AMOGUS RP THIS GAME THRIVES ON NO. It’s for one reason and one reason alone: Metasex e-drama.

The most “drama” on LRP servers is some powergamer ruining your antag round or >:( you done lost to the big bad traitor! Skill issue smh my head! Yeah well what if the kobold cap static hasn’t spoken to you IC in 3 months because you fucked his felinid blueshield without getting LOOC approval from him first? What then? If you thought metafriending was bad imagine SEX SOCIAL STRUCTURES and the degenerate highschool tier e-drama that would ensue. It would totally fuck with the entire dynamic of the game and drive it to ruin.
Spoiler:
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #674759

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:49 am Yeah well what if the kobold cap static hasn’t spoken to you IC in 3 months because you fucked his felinid blueshield without getting LOOC approval from him first? What then? If you thought metafriending was bad imagine SEX SOCIAL STRUCTURES and the degenerate highschool tier e-drama that would ensue. It would totally fuck with the entire dynamic of the game and drive it to ruin.
That sounds fucking hilarious, I take it back, bring it back.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #674761

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:49 am Yeah well what if the kobold cap static hasn’t spoken to you IC in 3 months because you fucked his felinid blueshield without getting LOOC approval from him first? What then? If you thought metafriending was bad imagine SEX SOCIAL STRUCTURES and the degenerate highschool tier e-drama that would ensue. It would totally fuck with the entire dynamic of the game and drive it to ruin.
did this happen to you bliss, are you okay
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #674763

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:49 am There is one reason and one reason alone why it is a good thing TG banned ERP. It isn’t because WUH WOH DA SPACEMAN IS TALKING ABOUT COCK AND SEX IN DORMS 4 AAAA MY VIRGIN GHOST EARS!! It isn’t because B-BUT PEOPLE WILL BE TOO HORNY TO ENGAGE WITH THE EPIG VALIDHUNT AMOGUS RP THIS GAME THRIVES ON NO. It’s for one reason and one reason alone: Metasex e-drama.

The most “drama” on LRP servers is some powergamer ruining your antag round or >:( you done lost to the big bad traitor! Skill issue smh my head! Yeah well what if the kobold cap static hasn’t spoken to you IC in 3 months because you fucked his felinid blueshield without getting LOOC approval from him first? What then? If you thought metafriending was bad imagine SEX SOCIAL STRUCTURES and the degenerate highschool tier e-drama that would ensue. It would totally fuck with the entire dynamic of the game and drive it to ruin.
bro has been waiting LONG years to get this off his chest
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #674791

Vekter wrote:I still believe Ian the Safe Sex Corgi is the best way to deal with ERP, and will likely continue to spread his word of condoms.
Does this still hold up today?
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #674828

datorangebottle wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:52 pm
Vekter wrote:I still believe Ian the Safe Sex Corgi is the best way to deal with ERP, and will likely continue to spread his word of condoms.
I haven't had an opportunity to let Safe Sex Corgi out of his cage in recent memory. Most of our rule 8 bans have been for people acting creepy/weird and not actual ERP.
Last edited by Vekter on Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #674829

Vekter wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:27 pm
I haven't had an opportunity to let Safe Sex Corgi out of his cage in recent memory. Most of our rule 8 bans have been for people acting creepy/weird and not actual ERP.
Truly a tragedy.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #674834

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:49 am There is one reason and one reason alone why it is a good thing TG banned ERP. It isn’t because WUH WOH DA SPACEMAN IS TALKING ABOUT COCK AND SEX IN DORMS 4 AAAA MY VIRGIN GHOST EARS!! It isn’t because B-BUT PEOPLE WILL BE TOO HORNY TO ENGAGE WITH THE EPIG VALIDHUNT AMOGUS RP THIS GAME THRIVES ON NO. It’s for one reason and one reason alone: Metasex e-drama.

This is kind of correct, though IIRC the reason we banned it was because we either "allow it and ID check everyone" or "don't and honor system everyone as over 18 unless they do something really stupid". It was decided the latter was better for logistical reasons and also because /tg/ really wasn't the place for that kind of thing to begin with.

The decided lack of in-character relationship drama is more because our server is less RP centric than places like Skyrat or Citadel, where characters can have ongoing stories across multiple rounds. It's hard for e-drama dumbassery to kick in when you get partially mind-wiped every round.

It's definitely a positive, though!
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #674898

Just out of curiosity what lays in the centre of the venn diagram between "allowed by rule 8" and "requires Ian the Safe Sex Corgi"?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #675026

i've seen entire mmorpg guilds collapse over who is cybersexing the guild slut during raids when some rube accidently sends his awkward description of penis girth in raidchat

a lot of guys felt betrayed the guild slut wasnt exclusive with them. a lot more felt betrayed when i kicked the guild slut for posting movie spoilers in guild chat and calling me a faggot when i told her not to do that. then they said they would quit and make a NEW guild where they could all cybersex the guild slut unless i let her back in.

they didnt get any good raid gear after that cuz they were too busy cybersexing.

ah, the mid 2000s
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #675064

What is Ian the safe sex corgi
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #675075

If only Player's Club didn't have a playtime requirement, or I'd tell Ikky and HG to come post for old times banter... no idea how to get ahold of Anon these days though
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #675100

chocolate_bickie wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:02 pm
Just out of curiosity what lays in the centre of the venn diagram between "allowed by rule 8" and "requires Ian the Safe Sex Corgi"?
People running around talking about wanting to do reprehensible things to other crewmembers or threatening to do said things. Stuff that goes past "being a joke" and just ends up being super creepy.
EmpressMaia wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:12 pm What is Ian the safe sex corgi
Ian the Safe Sex Corgi is a gimmick we came up with back when ERP scenes happened relatively often enough to warrant using it. It's fairly self-explanatory - we spawn in a corgi, give it sentience, then tell them to espouse the importance of safe sex to the ERPers in order to ruin the mood. It usually just ended up in the perpetrators feeling fairly embarrassed and leaving, but I did have at least one instance where someone desperately tried to kill the corgi (which had god mode, natch) and that was actually really damn funny.

It doesn't come up much anymore because most of the people who ERP have found places like Citadel to do it on instead of on our servers.
Spoiler:

dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #675181

People ERPing on tgstation led to your birth, I'm sorry you're so stupid for not realizing that.