Nuclear Oops? Peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Nuclear Oops? Peanut

Post by Kendrickorium » #684702

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34024

discuss
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Re: Nuclear Oops? Peanut

Post by TheLoLSwat » #685234

Boot wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 am
oranges wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:00 am
Boot wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:10 pm Listen I know your new around here so allow me to sooth your worries. This is nothing new, this aint gonna kill the community, they'll be new people who'll contribute to the codebase even without treating them like children. How do I know this is the case? The first PR was made 11 years ago and it's been going strong without worrying about the "toxicity of the community."
Listen I know you're new here, so allow me to explain to you that the last 11 years are littered with the bodies of extremely talented developers who quit solely becuase they couldn't handle the rigmarole of having every fuck face like you saying their passion and work output is garbage you slimy little git.

Reminder that you don't belong here fruit. This place is for players fuck off back to the git and code me up something fun to play with.
Theres only one hero we can call to hopefully scare Boot off… ApplicationMan

toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #685235

oranges wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:00 am Listen I know you're new here, so allow me to explain to you that the last 11 years are littered with the bodies of extremely talented developers who quit solely becuase they couldn't handle the rigmarole of having every fuck face like you saying their passion and work output is garbage you slimy little git.
we lost out on so many future balance changes from """"extremely talented"""" upcoming roblox game devs. What a tragedy
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #685244

Boot wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:10 pm Listen I know your new around here so allow me to sooth your worries. This is nothing new, this aint gonna kill the community, they'll be new people who'll contribute to the codebase even without treating them like children. How do I know this is the case? The first PR was made 11 years ago and it's been going strong without worrying about the "toxicity of the community."
Listen I know you're new here, so allow me to explain to you that the last 11 years are littered with the bodies of extremely talented developers who quit solely becuase they couldn't handle the rigmarole of having every fuck face like you saying their passion and work output is garbage you slimy little git.
Reminder that you don't belong here fruit. This place is for players fuck off back to the git and code me up something fun to play with.
I would not hesitate to snatch the life from you
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #685287

Dumbasses saying "All those people scared off by super hostility to their maps were so lame, real coders suck it up" then turning around and asking "why are so many of our coders burned-out super hardasses who ignore all development feedback and laugh at anyone elses opinions on their work"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #685326

Capsandi wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:45 pm They have been FORCED into monitoring people who they just think of as troublemaking retards
Considering where this game originates from and its original playerbase, you deserve to be treated like that.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #685332

I love Northstar. Anyone else who says otherwise must prove themselves in the Thunderdome.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #685333

oranges wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:36 am
I would not hesitate to snatch the life from you
Bros do NOT visit SEA that's within attack range
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #685553

NecromancerAnne wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:26 pm I'm entirely in agreement that names, especially station names and the like, that are directly insulting towards ooc contributors is shit and shouldn't happen, and we shouldn't be encouraging of it. But I do think the note should have focused on that aspect rather than this discussion having happened in the appeal. I think this is too generalized, and focuses on name quality generally rather than the name itself being a inappropriate.

If anything about the note should be changed, it should be that sinful shouldn't be putting that kind of thing in their name, rather than trying to redraw lines in name policy. Again.

This could have been a rather, and probably still can be, valuable way to get the rules about names slightly tweaked to deal with this sort of thing. Like the nickname policy.

I've seen a few people show up to rounds with 'Manuel-Hater' or 'Fuck Kilo' at times in their name as 'nickname'.
yeah, we give leeway to nukie names, but people using that to just express their ooc hatred of stuff is dumb
ariever
Byond Username: Ariever

Post by ariever » #685698

Arrives to conversation 4 days late with bubble tea
This has basically turned into a circular arguement

No one is saying that criticism is bad oris attempting to ban all criticism and anyone who tries to argue that is, in my opinion, trying to justify not being able or willing to show any basic sense of human decency to someone for whatever reason

The arguement shouldn't be about who needs to grow a thicker skin, because history has shown that acting this abrasive to people has not made them into the souless coder husks you want them to be, it's made them leave and left you with people like oranges

You're all acting like being beligerently furious at everything and everyone like some pack of rabid mogrel dogs is your job or something
I'm sorry your lives are so dull that your main source of enjoyment is putting down others
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #685729

ariever wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 2:13 pm The arguement shouldn't be about who needs to grow a thicker skin, because history has shown that acting this abrasive to people has not made them into the souless coder husks you want them to be, it's made them leave and left you with people like oranges
Not all new code is good. Coders leaving is only bad if the additions they were making to the code are good.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #685743

ekaterina wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:35 pm
ariever wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 2:13 pm The arguement shouldn't be about who needs to grow a thicker skin, because history has shown that acting this abrasive to people has not made them into the souless coder husks you want them to be, it's made them leave and left you with people like oranges
Not all new code is good. Coders leaving is only bad if the additions they were making to the code are good.
Everyone needs to start somewhere and if the first thing you make is met with bad stuff you loose motivation and never become good. Those who make it through just ignore the players because its their only method of staying sane, people leaving the game is not good and having coders leave is even worse
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #685744

just because someone can code doesn't mean they can design, and vice versa
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #685745

iwishforducks wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:11 pm just because someone can code doesn't mean they can design, and vice versa
True but the community making coders leave because of sheer hatred makes said coder unable to improve their designing skills or coding skills. People and doubly so coders leaving is not good
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #685846

The general feeling is that Sinful either is lying and is deliberately doing this, or is entirely truthful, and doesn't understand about how people are going to take his choice of name as unironic.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #685850

As someone who knows him decently well, I think he genuinely meant the name as a joke and thought we'd all find it very funny.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #685871

ekaterina wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:35 pm
If a contractor builds the best house you have ever seen but they chose what ended up being a poor foundation do you make them feel bad about building the house to begin with or do you tell them how they can fix that foundation so most of the work they have done can be salvaged.

As in if someone adds a new feature/map and its shit, shouldn`t you start by pointing out the good stuff to capitalize on and guiding them to minimize what you dont like.

For better or for worse people are going to carry what others tell them about what they make, people spend time into their code, its not a game at that point its work they have sunken hours of their life into.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #685879

On another note though, im not gonna pretend its possible to set an unrealistic standard as if we can stop people from openly hating on stuff that was merged into the game, if someone put alot of effort into something it should be testmerged so people will give better feedback than "Why is this shit in the game"

Its just not gonna happen otherwise, people are gonna be angry when something they dont like is fully implemented for more than a short period.

Axle isnt right for venting (sus) but you cant baby proof and censor negative feedback to the point where none of it comes out to a degree where it will hurt a contributer`s feelings, you can only cater to and ease the source of it.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #685921

you guys know that sinful LIKES northstar right
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)