Players' ideas to improve the game: the thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Players' ideas to improve the game: the thread

Post by ekaterina » #685309

ITT we share our ideas and then wait for our fellow gamers to tell us why they suck.

I'll start: variable TC.
I recently rolled tot on a lowpop round and my objectives felt so easy to achieve that I decided to attempt them without spending any of my TC. I ended up redtexting but it provided a fun challenge where I had to keep plotting my next steps and taking advantages of the opportunities that came up. We could make it so traitors spawn with less TC on low pop and more TC on high pop. Perhaps a formula such as TC = p/2 (where p is the number of players). We could even make the threat level a part of it, for example: TC = t*√p (where t is the threat (1 for green shift, 2 for blue star, et cetera) and √p is the square root of the number of players).
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Re: Players' ideas to improve the game: the thread

Post by kinnebian » #685335

would be funny if you locked this thread
respect (let him do his thing)
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #685336

more direct and frequent 'military' and group violence.

ERT, death squads, and an increase in the things that warrant them. I want to see the Starfury (or what ever it's called) actually pull up and some real shit go down.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #685340

massa wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:28 pm more direct and frequent 'military' and group violence.

ERT, death squads, and an increase in the things that warrant them. I want to see the Starfury (or what ever it's called) actually pull up and some real shit go down.
I don’t send Death Squads ever because it doesn’t FEEL fair. But, maybe in the future more intense threats can warrant such deployment, because I love the idea of DS and ERTs and want to deploy them more without ruining balance.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Epoc
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epoc

Post by Epoc » #685341

remove the economy, make vending machines free again
mindstormy
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Mindstormy

Post by mindstormy » #685343

I wish there was a more meaningful purpose to generating more power. Right now there are only two or so real reason I can think to generate boat loads of power. First of all is bragging rights, and secondly it's if you want to hardwire the sm to the grid to kill folks with grills easily.

I'd like to see this mechanic improved upon. Maybe something like adding a cryptominer machine #syndicoin that uses power to make credits?
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #685345

Epicgamer545 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:42 pm
massa wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:28 pm more direct and frequent 'military' and group violence.

I don’t send Death Squads ever because it doesn’t FEEL fair. But, maybe in the future more intense threats can warrant such deployment, because I love the idea of DS and ERTs and want to deploy them more without ruining balance.
It isn't, I just have very distant memories of frequent deathsquads in response to things like solo lings having killed everyone, or xeno infestations on Nox. They used deathsquads a LOT.

We just need bigger, more organized threats that warrant ERT.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #685348

i love deathsquads! They are a pocket sized climatic finale.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #685352

I want more admin intervention and admin narrative-driven responses; some of my favourite rounds have been rounds with some heavy-handed adminning.

Examples: I once rolled captain traitor due to a bug that ended with an ERT hunting me down while I shitposted across the station

I once uploaded a Liar's Paradox to an AI, who the admin immediately turned malf

I once accidentally joined a round with my regular character as my Clown's name (Rimworld Pawn) and instead of just bumping me back to the lobby, the admin sent a chronotrooper to erase me from the timeline for being "in the wrong game".

An admin once uploaded the "turtle on its back" monologue from Blade Runner to an AI as an ion law, and then spawned in a drone renamed "Robotic Turtle" to torture the AI for leaving the turtle on its back, culminating in the turtle commissioning the chief engineer to build a turtle habitat inside the AI's satellite so it could more conveniently torture them.

I would love to see admins really flex their reactive storytelling capacity much more often as a Manuel player
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #685353

Admins to agree to just stop using ahelps to talk to players fnr.

Spoiler:
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #685356

I once sent a singular death squad member to take on a traitor that had raided the armory (as the acting captain IIRC), expecting something resembling an even fight. In the same ball park of an even fight. Sharing the first zip code digit as an even fight.

If you were to give deathsquads instakill hitscan rifles and god mode, it would not change deathsquad balancing to any real degree. It's the button you press if you want an admin complaint.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #685357

zxaber wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:47 pm I once sent a singular death squad member to take on a traitor that had raided the armory (as the acting captain IIRC), expecting something resembling an even fight. In the same ball park of an even fight. Sharing the first zip code digit as an even fight.

If you were to give deathsquads instakill hitscan rifles and god mode, it would not change deathsquad balancing to any real degree. It's the button you press if you want an admin complaint.
You're right there's a valley between ERTs an DS. A Gulf. A Fucking Ocean. Deathsquads are always overpowered. It's an IC way of pressing the round end button. ERTs are an ok challenge to a normal crew
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #685358

kinnebian wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:16 pm would be funny if you locked this thread
excuse you! I need more player ideas not less
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #685359

I'd like to see the TGMC squad sent in more often. I actually don't think that I've ever seen them tossed in.
A small issue I got currently is the compete removal of the personal selling mechanic that came with the change from PDA to tablets.
Image Image
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #685366

More goodies!

I think the tattoo kit was added as a goodie? The vacant office should be something used every round. Gimme a tattoo shop.

On that note, there's the coffee shop, right? It gives assistants a way to be chefs but a lil less. More of that. I feel there are neat tools tucked away, like the blue space gas thingy and the destructo thing outside of sci, and the bounty board, the garden, that let anyone do a little bit of other departments jobs. Gimme more, those ideas were AMAZING.

Finally, how about some round ending stuff that doesn't require the emergency shuttle? Maybe having the station objective operational for a while, them a button that says "send report" or whatever that ends the round. I feel that having the shuttle be round end all the time is a bit boring.

Finally, more sec content! There has to be a way to give sec something to do in, say, greenshifts. I know they had that scan thingy to make creds. How about more of the cargo shuttle loan? Maybe more events that spawn AI controlled mobs to give sec something to shoot.

Those might be awful ideas. I'm phoneposting and spitballing, didn't even spellcheck. Byeeere
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #685380

i want somebody to make it so you can heat the lead pipe and then smash it into the shape of a bastard sword
more maitenance weapons would be great, but this wont happen because i dont have the will to code
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #685388

saprasam wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:15 pm i want somebody to make it so you can heat the lead pipe and then smash it into the shape of a bastard sword
more maitenance weapons would be great, but this wont happen because i dont have the will to code
DUUUUUUUDE PIPESWORD
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #685430

Being able to stamp papers with right click to avoid opening the GUI would be nice. It can get laggy and buggy if you're stamping lots of papers since the paperwork GUI pops up for each paper until you close the screen or walk far enough away (mostly a cargo problem)

I'm uncreative, I'm sorry. Perhaps we could have more ghetto/makeshift weapons? Like, a glass shard + cable + a wrench making a ghetto hatchet?
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #685446

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:08 pm Being able to stamp papers with right click to avoid opening the GUI would be nice. It can get laggy and buggy if you're stamping lots of papers since the paperwork GUI pops up for each paper until you close the screen or walk far enough away (mostly a cargo problem)

I'm uncreative, I'm sorry. Perhaps we could have more ghetto/makeshift weapons? Like, a glass shard + cable + a wrench making a ghetto hatchet?
the stamping thing already shows up when you try to stamp a paper as a blind person. You could steal that code and make it work on right click. Also i remember some codebase having almost exactly that for a scrap hatchet.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #685449

control + F
gangs
0 results

disappointed
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #685478

Kendrickorium posting about gangs made me want to suggest bringing Hivemind back as a solo antagonist instead of a dedicated team one.
Ideally he'd be the 'changeling' to the wizard's 'traitor'. Can a changeling go loud? Sure. Can the changeling be more subtle? Yes.
The idea of someone using their brain power to manipulate the crew is a cool idea that has merit.

From what I remember, the biggest issue with the mode was that it was designed as a stealth antagonist, far more successful going loud, and fucked over every other hivemind in the round when one of them correctly went loud because of how mindshields work. Another was that if it was successful, it only really impacted the crew when one of them hit One Mind.

Suggested changes(written like a design doc and spoilered bc i expect nobody to read my novel):
► Show Spoiler
I don't know why, but I had a lot of fun writing this, even if nobody's ever going to use or read it.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #685560

datorangebottle wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:17 am
► Show Spoiler
this was a super fun read, thanks orangebottle
respect (let him do his thing)
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #685582

Thank you for reading it!
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
junkgle
Byond Username: Junkgle

Post by junkgle » #685590

get rid of mining and lavaland replace with shipbreaking. have asteroid mining as a second more tedious way of getting resources but relegated to kind of a background thing, like cargo drones

at least that's what i'd do for a downstream, we're probably most certainly not getting rid of lavaland here
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #685649

FantasticFwoosh wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:20 pm Admins to agree to just stop using ahelps to talk to players fnr.
For once Fwoosh is right
► Show Spoiler
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.