NUTCON 2023 ALLOWED BY *RAGING* ADMIN

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

NUTCON 2023 ALLOWED BY *RAGING* ADMIN

Post by kinnebian » #685492

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34051
i cant believe RAGEGUY would DO THIS man .. so fukkdk upp..
respect (let him do his thing)
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Re: NUTCON 2023 ALLOWED BY *RAGING* ADMIN

Post by datorangebottle » #685494

we already know the contents of the ticket from the policy thread.
Carsh was extremely upset and unhelpful in the ahelp. Expecting rageguy to magically already know who got willingly converted and who got stun handed without any details is pretty unreasonable.
Provide names, if you're witnessing it. It'll let him focus his search on those people, and finding one willing convert might lead to another.
Does he have logs? Yes. He also has you being a smartass filling up his screen and ears with BWOINK. Being a distracting asshole helps nothing.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #685496

Man what a way to kill admin morale. Sorry but you didn't ban people you didn't know the names of while being yelled at, now you get to handle an admin complaint.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #685497

datorangebottle wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 1:53 am Does he have logs? Yes. He also has you being a smartass filling up his screen and ears with BWOINK. Being a distracting asshole helps nothing.
peanut only started already good takeaway post
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #685498

Cheshify wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:00 am Man what a way to kill admin morale. Sorry but you didn't ban people you didn't know the names of while being yelled at, now you get to handle an admin complaint.
People got pissed I made a policy thread instead of a feedback thread to disallow this, and now you're getting mad that I made a feedback thread.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #685499

they just hate you cuz they are racist against australian
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #685511

carshalash wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:05 am
Cheshify wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:00 am Man what a way to kill admin morale. Sorry but you didn't ban people you didn't know the names of while being yelled at, now you get to handle an admin complaint.
People got pissed I made a policy thread instead of a feedback thread to disallow this, and now you're getting mad that I made a feedback thread.
Maybe it's time we get a good way to request admin action on things as an alternative to a complaint
NSFW:
Bring ban requests back boys let's goooo
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #685516

Cheshify wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 3:59 am
carshalash wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:05 am
Maybe it's time we get a good way to request admin action on things as an alternative to a complaint
NSFW:
Bring ban requests back boys let's goooo
I don't even want bans; I just want a mass warning not to do this and ensure this never happens again. One of the original cultists was posting about their plans to do this repeatedly,
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #685519

You didn't give Rageguy a name of any one of the willing converts and you didn't even tell them this was happening openly at bar. That was just a very unhelpful ahelp.

Oh the other hand, I really don't like "willing converts" self-antaging in the name of RP. This whole thing should have been investigated and Rageguy should have at least asked further on why you believed that.

I'll give Rageguy that though, after he closed the first ahelp, he realized his mistake and reopened it. That should have been the time to explain what happened from your PoV.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #685521

Archie700 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:18 am You didn't give Rageguy a name of any one of the willing converts and you didn't even tell them this was happening openly at bar. That was just a very unhelpful ahelp.

Oh the other hand, I really don't like "willing converts" self-antaging in the name of RP. This whole thing should have been investigated and Rageguy should have at least asked further on why you believed that.

I'll give Rageguy that though, after he closed the first ahelp, he realized his mistake and reopened it. That should have been the time to explain what happened from your PoV.
I closed the first ahelp because I was gonna click on his name to respond and the chat moved the close button under my mouse
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #685539

You people need to stop assuming worst intentions at every turn.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #685556

Rageguy505 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:29 am I closed the first ahelp because I was gonna click on his name to respond and the chat moved the close button under my mouse
This has also happened to me an embarrassing number of times
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #685557

conrad wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:22 am You people need to stop assuming worst intentions at every turn.
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #685561

NUTCON 3
7 minutes to midnight
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #685562

Pandarsenic wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 10:10 am
Rageguy505 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:29 am I closed the first ahelp because I was gonna click on his name to respond and the chat moved the close button under my mouse
Use the ticket tab. Please, use the ticket tab.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
Kubisopplay
Byond Username: Kubisopplay

Post by Kubisopplay » #685563

Boris wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:18 pm
Use the ticket tab. Please, use the ticket tab.
No, I will close the tickets because of chat scrolling and you cant do anything about it
Silicon main, enough said
Tell me how badly I fucked up here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=32575
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #685571

i'm confused

who wouldnt want to go to cultcon?
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #685574

I can't believe admins aren't omnipotent beings that know what all the players in a round are doing all the time.

On the other hand, I'm curious. Do these events get a follow up or are they simply swept under the rug?
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #685575

Fren256 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:31 pm I can't believe admins aren't omnipotent beings that know what all the players in a round are doing all the time.

On the other hand, I'm curious. Do these events get a follow up or are they simply swept under the rug?
Depends!
Its looked into if someone inquires about it in a future round like: "hey this person did this x rounds ago" then i know if it was overly egregious might warrant an investigation, but if someone ahelps a vague issue, insults the admin when they ask for more patience, then dc's?
Last edited by kinnebian on Sun May 14, 2023 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #685586

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:25 pm i'm confused

If there was a real life event called cultcon with actual magic I'd go, thats sick as hell
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #685589

TheRex9001 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:18 pm

If there was a real life event called cultcon with actual magic I'd go, thats sick as hell
User has been banned for this post.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #685612

The people in Manuel had a bad time that day. A real bad time. People were pissed. Apparently there was two rounds of failed admin events in a row or something (station got deleted!!!) right before the cult con round....

I am glad I didn't play those hours wuuf.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #685634

Ditto.This and responding to myself in an ahelp -.-
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin

Post by Rageguy505 » #685640

kinnebian wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:51 pm
Fren256 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:31 pm I can't believe admins aren't omnipotent beings that know what all the players in a round are doing all the time.

Depends!
Its looked into if someone inquires about it in a future round like: "hey this person did this x rounds ago" then i know if it was overly egregious might warrant an investigation, but if someone ahelps a vague issue, insults the admin when they ask for more patience, then dc's?
The round ended, they didn't disconnect
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #685641

Rageguy505 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:47 pm
kinnebian wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:51 pm

Depends!
The round ended, they didn't disconnect
mb
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #685657

Rageguy505 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:29 am
Archie700 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:18 am You didn't give Rageguy a name of any one of the willing converts and you didn't even tell them this was happening openly at bar. That was just a very unhelpful ahelp.

I closed the first ahelp because I was gonna click on his name to respond and the chat moved the close button under my mouse
should have double downed and said you closed it until he sent a proper ahelp :twisted:
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #685684

People willingly join cults all the time IRL, IC issue if even. Lame admin complaint.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #685700

Constellado wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:57 pm The people in Manuel had a bad time that day. A real bad time. People were pissed. Apparently there was two rounds of failed admin events in a row or something (station got deleted!!!) right before the cult con round....

The first round was essentially a moderately peaceful round. Then the admins did a fog that killed EVERYBODY that wasn't a silicon or on lavaland with nothing the crew could do. It also deleted everything that wasn't an iron wall or floor. It was so bad that the admins hit the restart button instead of a shuttle because it was FUCKED. Some people got mad, but most took it in stride. Shit happens.

Then the admins did "HAHA shit tons of antags and multiple immovable rods Xd," (please stop doing this, manuelmins. I have NEVER seen it be received well.) Which also increased the salt because, at that point, people weren't even roleplaying, and people were just getting gunned down for shits and giggles. Antags were running around mercing people in broad daylight without anyone doing anything. Borgs were just ignoring people getting merced by lings. Nonrevs were randomly flashing people. Then there were actual revs, which meant that the round went on for another 20 minutes after the shuttle docked, and lots of people got killed. Immovable rods meant that large portions of the station were spaced, and thus lots of crew fatalities through airlock hell. This wouldn't be an issue if it were, like, 30 minutes, but this was a full hour and ten minutes of some of the most NRP I've ever seen on manuel. It was genuinely horrible. A decent portion of people were getting moderately peeved at this point and were asking the admins to cut it out.

Then we had a round on Cerestation where people banzai charged into cultcon to get converted. Leading to the round lasting, like, fifteen minutes. At that point, most people just called it a night early and left, me included. I don't really recall anyone but carshalash being mad about this round, though. People were telling him to calm down as he went on a tangent about admins and how the server is worthless, and he went on a momentary tangent in the Manuelcord end round chat about why Slurge (Seren Highwater) got permabanned. Most other people seemed to just be disappointed that the round was that short but thought it was funny nonetheless.

I absolutely regret playing that day. Round two was genuinely the worst round I've ever had in SS13, which is a feat. At least round one was a genuine fucky wucky, and three was just meme stuff done by players. I'm 100% certain that if the previous two rounds hadn't happened, then this admin complaint wouldn't exist.

Also, I feel like a cultcon every now and then is fine, as long as people are somewhat roleplaying it. The moment cultcon gets busted out every round is when admins need to step in.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #685701

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 2:58 pm
Constellado wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:57 pm The people in Manuel had a bad time that day. A real bad time. People were pissed. Apparently there was two rounds of failed admin events in a row or something (station got deleted!!!) right before the cult con round....

The first round was essentially a moderately peaceful round. Then the admins did a fog that killed EVERYBODY that wasn't a silicon or on lavaland with nothing the crew could do. It also deleted everything that wasn't an iron wall or floor. It was so bad that the admins hit the restart button instead of a shuttle because it was FUCKED. Some people got mad, but most took it in stride. Shit happens.

Then the admins did "HAHA shit tons of antags and multiple immovable rods Xd," (please stop doing this, manuelmins. I have NEVER seen it be received well.) Which also increased the salt because, at that point, people weren't even roleplaying, and people were just getting gunned down for shits and giggles. Antags were running around mercing people in broad daylight without anyone doing anything. Borgs were just ignoring people getting merced by lings. Nonrevs were randomly flashing people. Then there were actual revs, which meant that the round went on for another 20 minutes after the shuttle docked, and lots of people got killed. Immovable rods meant that large portions of the station were spaced, and thus lots of crew fatalities through airlock hell. This wouldn't be an issue if it were, like, 30 minutes, but this was a full hour and ten minutes of some of the most NRP I've ever seen on manuel. It was genuinely horrible. A decent portion of people were getting moderately peeved at this point and were asking the admins to cut it out.

Then we had a round on Cerestation where people banzai charged into cultcon to get converted. Leading to the round lasting, like, fifteen minutes. At that point, most people just called it a night early and left, me included. I don't really recall anyone but carshalash being mad about this round, though. People were telling him to calm down as he went on a tangent about admins and how the server is worthless, and he went on a momentary tangent in the Manuelcord end round chat about why Slurge (Seren Highwater) got permabanned. Most other people seemed to just be disappointed that the round was that short but thought it was funny nonetheless.

I absolutely regret playing that day. Round two was genuinely the worst round I've ever had in SS13, which is a feat. At least round one was a genuine fucky wucky, and three was just meme stuff done by players. I'm 100% certain that if the previous two rounds hadn't happened, then this admin complaint wouldn't exist.

Also, I feel like a cultcon every now and then is fine, as long as people are somewhat roleplaying it. The moment cultcon gets busted out every round is when admins need to step in.
You should probably complain about the fog and the immovable rods under admin events here
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3723
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #685702

Archie700 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:13 pm
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 2:58 pm

You should probably complain about the fog and the immovable rods under admin events here
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3723

Eh, the fog just seemed like something that they didn't think would be that devastating. Seemed extremely accidental, and the "delete 70% of the station and kill all non-organics" seemed unintended.

The rod thing, I can't fully tell if the rods or the absurdly high threat round was just chance or deliberate admin hijinks.

Also, I'm lazy.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #685703

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 2:58 pm Jesus fucking christ what the hell happened at Manuel
When will the eggheads learn that the more antags there are in a round the quality of the roleplay decreases, especially on Manuel.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #685705

Okay I did some digging through logs and yeah the first rod was completely incidental, the second two were forced after the station was already falling to shit.

I'm horrible at reading the logs regarding all the antags, but all I got is one of the admins saying that they didn't do all the antags, so that might just have been an unfortunate coincidence.

The round in question: https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/205579
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #685707

First event was station deleted.

Second event was my event (but I forgot that there was an event last round). It wasn’t that big, I didn’t mess with the midrounds and the only thing I did was summon meteors and a rod after people touched a spooky painting.

Anyways, yeah, my event kinda sucked and I’m sorry for it. But this round on Cerestation (of all stations) was extremely funny. But it was extremely boring when I got converted to a wrath and was asked to kill AI only to walk straight into my death.

This should have been investigated. However sometimes in ahelps you need to know how to explain your problem and give names. We aren’t expected to know everything and the logs are an unorganized mess. Know how to be civil, and we will solve your issue.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #685710

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:44 pm Okay I did some digging through logs and yeah the first rod was completely incidental, the second two were forced after the station was already falling to shit.

I'm horrible at reading the logs regarding all the antags, but all I got is one of the admins saying that they didn't do all the antags, so that might just have been an unfortunate coincidence.

DOUBLE POST ALERT

Super sorry about the rod and the meteors, RedBaron.

The justification of doing it wasn’t for no raisin though, and my intention was not to cause the round to be a funny admeme round. There were some paintings positioned at the front of the bridge that I made and that some people witnessed me paint. After I was done painting them I made an announcement for people to not touch the paintings, and, immediately, several people tried breaking into the room in order to break the paintings. After that, I sent the medium meteor wave and a rod but stopped completely after that realizing that the round was already fucked.

Again, sorry for the shit round. I’ll do my best to make an actually good event once the time comes, and I have no defense for how bad it was. Destruction as a event is only good when people are roleplaying, and it was clear nobody was willing to put up with the round after what implied.

To the people who attended the round, sorry for the trouble. While I didn’t mess with antags, it’s clear you guys wanted the round to be uninterrupted and I fully respect that.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #685712

the fog purge was caused by an admin mistyping a single letter while doing a sdql to delete all fog
► Show Spoiler
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #685713

Epicgamer545 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:11 pm
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:44 pm Okay I did some digging through logs and yeah the first rod was completely incidental, the second two were forced after the station was already falling to shit.

DOUBLE POST ALERT

Super sorry about the rod and the meteors, RedBaron.

The justification of doing it wasn’t for no raisin though, and my intention was not to cause the round to be a funny admeme round. There were some paintings positioned at the front of the bridge that I made and that some people witnessed me paint. After I was done painting them I made an announcement for people to not touch the paintings, and, immediately, several people tried breaking into the room in order to break the paintings. After that, I sent the medium meteor wave and a rod but stopped completely after that realizing that the round was already fucked.

Again, sorry for the shit round. I’ll do my best to make an actually good event once the time comes, and I have no defense for how bad it was. Destruction as a event is only good when people are roleplaying, and it was clear nobody was willing to put up with the round after what implied.

To the people who attended the round, sorry for the trouble. While I didn’t mess with antags, it’s clear you guys wanted the round to be uninterrupted and I fully respect that.
It's fine! I'd much rather have the occasional eh event vs. not having any events at all.
Striders13 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:24 pm the fog purge was caused by an admin mistyping a single letter while doing a sdql to delete all fog
Peak code moment.
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #685730

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:27 pm -snip-
Striders13 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:24 pm the fog purge was caused by an admin mistyping a single letter while doing a sdql to delete all fog
Peak code moment.
The query in question:

Code: Select all

ADMIN executed SDQL query(s): "DELETE /obj.effect/particle_effect/fluid/smoke".
Which accidentally deleted all objects instead of all smoke. Considering . and / are right next to each other on the keyboard, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #685931

hit with the good old 1' 2
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin

Post by Rageguy505 » #685933

the picture was too big for me to just throw in the middle of my post, but here is my reconstructed cult con the clown did, cerestation included. The exact decals/colors/positions might be off.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #685934

TheRex9001 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:18 pm

IRL self-antagging... despicable.......................
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year