Reider Meza - How I learned to stop worrying and love the Bwoink

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Reider Meza - How I learned to stop worrying and love the Bwoink

Post by saprasam » #685785

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?p=685781#p685781
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Re: Reider Meza - How I learned to stop worrying and love the Bwoink

Post by ekaterina » #685953

conrad wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:12 pm I admire Ekaterina's willpower to be wrong all the time and die on every hill they stand.
You can repeat the lie that I'm wrong over and over as many times as you want and I'll still be right.
Plug your ears and cover your eyes while you do it so you can look even more like a child throwing a tantrum over hearing the truth that you dislike.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #685955

ekaterina you're doing the exact same thing by claiming you're constantly right and they're wrong how can you not see that.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #685956

oranges wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:29 pm ekaterina you're doing the exact same thing by claiming you're constantly right and they're wrong how can you not see that.
The differences are several.
First, I do it to give them a taste of their own medicine, which is the deontologically correct thing to do and has a chance to make them see the error of their ways.
Second, I back my points and respond to actual counter-arguments instead of making baseless assertions like the two of them just did.
Third, I am right.

How else would you respond to an idiot that replies to your position with "hur dur wrong ekat automatically wrong hur dur" but makes no effort whatsoever to either prove an opposing position or disprove yours?
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #685957

Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:10 pm I understand the mentality people have that they don't want to be snitches or don't think it's worth reporting it, but it's better for the server as a whole if we can help bring things back to where they once were.
Let's all be earth-shatteringly honest for a moment. Let's gather by the fire as a community and think about this because it is a wholesome idealist perspective.

Sybil hasn't had the "quality of RP" you are trying to enforce as a standard since at least 2020, and even then it only existed because all the gamers were doing their dirt on Basil instead. The truth is, Reider's playstyle is indistinguishable from dozens of other LRP players with similar hours and playtime. Reider just had the misfortune of HoSing a bit too hard when he came back to TG, which put him under an electron microscope that was bound to vaporize him eventually.

If you want to change the culture, slapping one or two hyper-active 3000 hr gamey LRP players isn't going to do it. Enforce the culture wholesale. Bwoink people for OOC memes IC. Note people for saying "sussy," secban wordless batongers, dole out daybans for random assistant shovefights. Guide with a stick instead of smash with a hammer. But before you do that ask yourself honestly if your vision for LRP aligns with the bulk playerbase that are actually populating the LRP servers and enjoying them.

I find it funny that 90% of admins who spend their time preaching these idealistic standards about how LRP should be played, are physically incapable of bringing themselves to actually hop on the LRP servers to play them, or even to admin, because their playstyle is unsustainable there and they simply wouldn't have fun actually playing in the way they want people to. They play Manuel or non-TG HRP servers where these standards make sense and have rules and culture backing them.
Spoiler:
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #685958

Summary in this thread:

Ban interfered with the 'player improvement project' of another admin... 'shit' or not? you decide...

Self-fulfilling prophecy is real, if you treat someone like they are an inevitable shitter, you will be able to perceive them as one

However finally we're getting some actual action on banning anti-social people- DON'T PLAY THIS FUCKING GAME IF YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO TALK, IT'S THAT SIMPLE

Lurkers out in force

Kendrick made a strong pro-Reider post, but in reality was just an anti-Vekter

Ekaterina made their usual post, and Vekter, Saprasm, Conrad, and oranges all fell for the bait like clockwork

We've ticked all the boxes today
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #685959

Bawhoppennn wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:39 pm Summary in this thread:
Ekaterina made their usual post, and Vekter, Saprasm, Conrad, and oranges all fell for the bait like clockwork

what
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #685960

saprasam wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:46 pm
Bawhoppennn wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:39 pm Summary in this thread:

what
Oh I guess you didn't respond to Ekaterina, my mistake
I saw a huge quote chain after and assumed
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #685962

Bawhoppennn wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:39 pm Ekaterina made their usual post, and Vekter, Saprasm, Conrad, and oranges all fell for the bait like clockwork

yum yum
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #685964

Bawhoppennn wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:39 pm However finally we're getting some actual action on banning anti-social people- DON'T PLAY THIS FUCKING GAME IF YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO TALK, IT'S THAT SIMPLE
From now on i will only point and make caveman noises
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Post by LeekiLoku » #685966

MooCow12 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:11 pm
Bawhoppennn wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:39 pm However finally we're getting some actual action on banning anti-social people- DON'T PLAY THIS FUCKING GAME IF YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO TALK, IT'S THAT SIMPLE
I agree, lets just act like complete animals.
InternJohn
Byond Username: TheMightyAltroll

Post by InternJohn » #685968

WARDEN OUT OF BRIG
conrad

Post by conrad » #685969

LeekiLoku wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:20 pm
I agree, lets just act like complete animals.
This man wants to be admin.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #685971

Here's a free tip: If you feel like you have a bad reputation, try changing your character name and see if you get treated in a way that makes you feel less defensive. It really is that simple to break the cycle of "I wanna improve but people treat me like shit" you know.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
InternJohn

Post by InternJohn » #685972

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:40 pm Here's a free tip: If you feel like you have a bad reputation, try changing your character name and see if you get treated in a way that makes you feel less defensive. It really is that simple to break the cycle of "I wanna improve but people treat me like shit" you know.
Pretty sure he did.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #685974

Is that why the "that person is definitely reider meza" meme started?
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #685976

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:37 pm
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:10 pm I understand the mentality people have that they don't want to be snitches or don't think it's worth reporting it, but it's better for the server as a whole if we can help bring things back to where they once were.
Let's all be earth-shatteringly honest for a moment. Let's gather by the fire as a community and think about this because it is a wholesome idealist perspective.

Sybil hasn't had the "quality of RP" you are trying to enforce as a standard since at least 2020, and even then it only existed because all the gamers were doing their dirt on Basil instead. The truth is, Reider's playstyle is indistinguishable from dozens of other LRP players with similar hours and playtime. Reider just had the misfortune of HoSing a bit too hard when he came back to TG, which put him under an electron microscope that was bound to vaporize him eventually.

If you want to change the culture, slapping one or two hyper-active 3000 hr gamey LRP players isn't going to do it. Enforce the culture wholesale. Bwoink people for OOC memes IC. Note people for saying "sussy," secban wordless batongers, dole out daybans for random assistant shovefights. Guide with a stick instead of smash with a hammer. But before you do that ask yourself honestly if your vision for LRP aligns with the bulk playerbase that are actually populating the LRP servers and enjoying them.

I find it funny that 90% of admins who spend their time preaching these idealistic standards about how LRP should be played, are physically incapable of bringing themselves to actually hop on the LRP servers to play them, or even to admin, because their playstyle is unsustainable there and they simply wouldn't have fun actually playing in the way they want people to. They play Manuel or non-TG HRP servers where these standards make sense and have rules and culture backing them.
this is one of the generally smartest assessments of the situation, but there's probably some considerations to be made:

- we can smash morons with a hammer while also leading the culture/community with a stick
- reider has been led with said stick a LOT. like tons of notes have been placed on him. scriptis has been trying to point reider in the right direction for a long time now (and i commend him for that)
- we can't really see the nitty gritty details as players here. i couldnt say for sure whether or not admins have been stick leading as much as they should be. with that said it's also difficult to say stick leading is THE solution here

your last paragraph is interesting but i think it has poor assumptions. it's interesting to consider whether or not ideals of perfect play/practice are sustainable and what the line is, but turning it into a discussion of LRP versus MRP/HRP seems to miss the mark imo.

you're 100% correct about quality of RP not being present on sybil since like 2020-ish. and that it was generally a nicer server because of basil.

there's qualities of reider in a lot of people... but that's the thing. there's no one that's Reider. they might do things that reider would do, but they're not doing it as consistently as Reider does.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #685981

Bawhoppennn wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:39 pm Kendrick made a strong pro-Reider post, but in reality was just an anti-Vekter.
I don't agree with you on this, Kendrick and I haven't had beef in a while and it definitely seems more like he's bummed Reider's gone than he has anything against me.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #685987

ekaterina wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:41 pm
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:24 pm I refuse to interact with the rest of your post because it's stupid
Calling your opposition's remarks 'stupid' does not suddenly, magically, make you right nor does it replace a proper counter-argument.
No but what you said had so little merit its hard to actually argue any points you raise because so little exist.

I'll try to break it down and some of the poorly thought out assertions you are making.

1. Greenshift means people need to create MORE conflict.

That really runs counter to the point of a greenshift.

2. Self-antags generously add to/improve a round.

I don't know any sane person that thinks someone on a pure whim deciding to directly and repeatedly fuck over other players are doing it for altruistic reasons.

3. Security enjoy self-antagging shitters that SSD the second you eventually arrest them.
Get help.

A player that does nothing but fuck over other players for of a year, with a history of rulebreaking and being given multiple chances and oppurtunity to reform is not doing it because they want others to have a good time. Any enjoyment you've gotten from Reider meza has definitely not been their motivation. and is likely a mistake on their part.

People hate this player ingame, admins do not want this person in the community and that's been the case for over a year. this person is by every rational metric not a benefit to the community and you attempting to obfuscate what is and what isn't beneficial to a round doesn't change that.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #685994

Archie700 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:41 am
Boot wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:35 am
This game thrives on conflict. Just being an asshole who hacks doors, steals shit, shoves people over makes the rounds what they are.
The antagonists:
Archie I know you're smarter then this. We don't want play a game where the moment someone hacks doors, steals shit or shoves you they are instantly outed as an antag. The first descriptor used when describing ss13 is "paranoia-laden" which evaporates if we were to go by what you say here.
Image Image
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #685998

Boot wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:51 am arter then this. We don't want play a game where the moment someone hacks doors, steals shit or shoves you they are instantly outed as an antag. The first descriptor used when describing ss13 is "paranoia-laden" which evaporates if we were to go by what you say here.
ahhhh so you're saying self antagging is good because it helps camouflage antags.

We'll ignore that the shitters doing this are the first people to validhunt, and that their actions aren't good intentioned at all.

Shitters aren't some crucial ecological niche to a fun round, they are just an inevitable part of any game like this.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #685999

Lacran wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:24 am
Boot wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:51 am arter then this. We don't want play a game where the moment someone hacks doors, steals shit or shoves you they are instantly outed as an antag. The first descriptor used when describing ss13 is "paranoia-laden" which evaporates if we were to go by what you say here.
ahhhh so you're saying self antagging is good because it helps camouflage antags.

We'll ignore that the shitters doing this are the first people to validhunt, and that their actions aren't good intentioned at all.

Shitters aren't some crucial ecological niche to a fun round, they are just an inevitable part of any game like this.
We live in a period of time where hacking a door is now "self-antagging" to the normal manuel player.
Image Image
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #686003

well you wont b emissed when you get banned I guess
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #686004

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:37 pm If you want to change the culture, slapping one or two hyper-active 3000 hr gamey LRP players isn't going to do it. Enforce the culture wholesale. Bwoink people for OOC memes IC. Note people for saying "sussy," secban wordless batongers, dole out daybans for random assistant shovefights. Guide with a stick instead of smash with a hammer. But before you do that ask yourself honestly if your vision for LRP aligns with the bulk playerbase that are actually populating the LRP servers and enjoying them.
I'd love to see the influx of OOC in IC reduced on Sybil. It's gotten truly ridiculous, I see multiple people outright saying "round" IC and all sorts of similar stuff. Just remember that admins aren't omniscient. They probably aren't reading every say log, so if you see OOC memes IC then ahelp it. That's what I've been doing but half the time no admins so time to ruin immersions
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #686005

BeeSting12 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:02 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:37 pm If you want to change the culture, slapping one or two hyper-active 3000 hr gamey LRP players isn't going to do it. Enforce the culture wholesale. Bwoink people for OOC memes IC. Note people for saying "sussy," secban wordless batongers, dole out daybans for random assistant shovefights. Guide with a stick instead of smash with a hammer. But before you do that ask yourself honestly if your vision for LRP aligns with the bulk playerbase that are actually populating the LRP servers and enjoying them.
I'd love to see the influx of OOC in IC reduced on Sybil. It's gotten truly ridiculous, I see multiple people outright saying "round" IC and all sorts of similar stuff. Just remember that admins aren't omniscient. They probably aren't reading every say log, so if you see OOC memes IC then ahelp it. That's what I've been doing but half the time no admins so time to ruin immersions
No one wants to be the guy who ahelps minor IC OOC, in part because it just annoys admins.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #686006

chocolate_bickie wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:08 am No one wants to be the guy who ahelps minor IC OOC, in part because it just annoys admins.
This is mostly true. I want to BE the admin that smacks people upside the head for minor OOC in IC though. That shit's the easiest way to annoy me.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #686008

Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:25 am Round 205255: 18 lines. "devious" which I'm guessing is a reference to "Devious lick" which was a meme about stealing shit from TikTok a few years back. Noting this for more memes IC and as an example of them
you cant even be a devious mustache twirling villain these days without 1984mins breathing down your neck...
Weston Echard on Sybil
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #686012

chocolate_bickie wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:08 am
BeeSting12 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:02 am
No one wants to be the guy who ahelps minor IC OOC, in part because it just annoys admins.
This is a myth. I was never annoyed with those types of ahelps. It's an easy way to increase the quality of the server and it takes 30 seconds to deal with. Maybe don't check the box to ping @supportmin for something like that though.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #686013

chocolate_bickie wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:08 am No one wants to be the guy who ahelps minor IC OOC, in part because it just annoys admins.
source?
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #686014

Boot wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:37 am We live in a period of time where hacking a door is now "self-antagging" to the normal manuel player.
Is reading comphrension something you need help with?
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #686016

Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:24 pm
Bawhoppennn wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:39 pm Kendrick made a strong pro-Reider post, but in reality was just an anti-Vekter.
I don't agree with you on this, Kendrick and I haven't had beef in a while and it definitely seems more like he's bummed Reider's gone than he has anything against me.
this
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #686035

Lacran wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:58 pm 1. Greenshift means people need to create MORE conflict.

That really runs counter to the point of a greenshift.

2. Self-antags generously add to/improve a round.

I don't know any sane person that thinks someone on a pure whim deciding to directly and repeatedly fuck over other players are doing it for altruistic reasons.

3. Security enjoy self-antagging shitters that SSD the second you eventually arrest them.
Get help.
1. That only reinforces how poorly thought out the greenshit is. It's so boring to have a round with no antags that the assistants have to take it upon themselves to self-antag. Players need to compensate for the conflict that the round failed to provide them with - so yes, greenshit means people need to create more conflict.

2. Regardless of the reasons for them to self-antag, self-antags add conflict that often make a round more interesting for security. If, in doing so, they detract from a third party's fun, there's a problem, obviously. I think we ought to know what we're talking about when we say 'self-antag', because, as another forum user pointed out, we might be operating with different definitions here.

3. Are you actually arguing that you know better than a HoS main and certified™ Security Officers' Union representative™ what sec players want?
You're a Manuel player, which explains why we have different visions for the game. What it doesn't explain is why you and Vekter are trying to impose your MRP vision on our LRP servers.
Last edited by ekaterina on Wed May 17, 2023 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #686036

NoxVS wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:44 am
source?
Retail experience
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #686039

Boot wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:51 am
Archie700 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:41 am
Boot wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:35 am
This game thrives on conflict. Just being an asshole who hacks doors, steals shit, shoves people over makes the rounds what they are.
The antagonists:
Archie I know you're smarter then this. We don't want play a game where the moment someone hacks doors, steals shit or shoves you they are instantly outed as an antag. The first descriptor used when describing ss13 is "paranoia-laden" which evaporates if we were to go by what you say here.
The whole point of "paranoia-laden" is that your station has been infiltrated by agents from an enemy organization whose job is to kill people, steal important secrets, or destroy the station.

Your average greytider is not someone that causes paranoia, he's just being a dick.

When rounds are warped to the point that one person is specifically metagrudged (no other word for it) because of his prior greytide behaviour (remember Lucy Cicero?), it becomes a problem.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #686053

ekaterina wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:55 am

1. That only reinforces how poorly thought out the greenshit is. It's so boring to have a round with no antags that the assistants have to take it upon themselves to self-antag. Players need to compensate for the conflict that the round failed to provide them with - so yes, greenshit means people need to create more conflict.

2. Regardless of the reasons for them to self-antag, self-antags add conflict that often make a round more interesting for security. If, in doing so, they detract from a third party's fun, there's a problem, obviously. I think we ought to know what we're talking about when we say 'self-antag', because, as another forum user pointed out, we might be operating with different definitions here.

3. Are you actually arguing that you know better than a HoS main and certified™ Security Officers' Union representative™ what sec players want?
You're a Manuel player, which explains why we have different visions for the game. What it doesn't explain is why you and Vekter are trying to impose your MRP vision on our LRP servers.
1. You self antagging during a greenshift isn't a greenshift issue, greenshifts are intended by design to lack conflict relative to the average round. If you can't handle that, don't play greenshifts. You don't get to break the rules solely because you are bored.

2 -3. You are just repeated the same point here. You being a HoS main doesn't matter, I have similar Sec hours to you and the idea that Sec players enjoy chasing mute shitters around the station is one not widely held by Security players. Seeing as you are LRP probably haven't interacted with another officer long enough to determine that. This isn't an MRP standard, this is a LRP standard. Nobody is expecting you to meet MRP standards, these are the bare minimum standards. if we were applying MRP standards that player would've been gone years ago.

Your vision for the game involves enabling people who are fundamentally selfish and destructive on the basis that you may glean some enjoyment stopping them. The majority of players do not feel this way, this is why Reider is lynched virtually on sight. Your vision is fundamentally selfish and shortsighted.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #686054

Lacran wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:26 am
ekaterina wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:55 am

1. You self antagging during a greenshift isn't a greenshift issue, greenshifts are intended by design to lack conflict relative to the average round, if you can't handle that, don't play greenshifts. You don't get to break the rules solely because you are bored.

2 -3. You are just repeated the same point here. You being a HoS main doesn't matter, I have similar Sec hours to you and the idea that Sec players enjoy chasing mute shitters around the station is one not widely held by Security players. Seeing as you are LRP probably haven't interacted with another officer long enough to determine that. This isn't an MRP standard, this is a LRP standard. Nobody is expecting you to meet MRP standards, these are the bare minimum standards. if we were applying MRP standards that player would've been gone years ago.

Your vision for the game involves enabling people who are fundamentally selfish and destructive on the basis that you may glean some enjoyment stopping them. The majority of players do not feel this way, this is why Reider is lynched virtually on sight. Your vision is fundamentally selfish and shortsighted.
Lacran, respectfully, with a whopping 0 total LRP rounds played from you, and the entirety of your time here having been played on Manuel, I think you can't speak for what LRP players want or enjoy about the game, and you also have no concept of who Reider is or what his interactions are like. In other words, you're just blowing smoke out your ass
Spoiler:
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #686056

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:32 am
Lacran, respectfully, with a whopping 0 total LRP rounds played from you, and the entirety of your time here having been played on Manuel, I think you can't speak for what LRP players want or enjoy about the game, and you also have no concept of who Reider is or what his interactions are like. In other words, you're just blowing smoke out your ass
I'm pretty capable of inferring information from the logs provided and from what other people have been saying about Reider Meiza. I've also dealt with them myself on Manuel as they don't solely play LRP rounds. I try to look into situations before I comment on it, you should try it.

I have a pretty informed opinion on who Reider is and why we have minimum RP standards even for LRP players. But no you're right, LRP vs MRP tribalism is definitely the more informed and nuanced stance, I'm glad we have your very rational and comprehensive contribution.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #686057

Lacran wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:44 am But no you're right, LRP vs MRP tribalism is definitely the more informed and nuanced stance, I'm glad we have your very rational and comprehensive contribution.
It's amazing to me that the instant you sorta fellows hear distinctions about LRP and MRP being made you pearl-clutch about server tribalism
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #686060

Lacran wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:44 am I'm pretty capable of inferring information from the logs provided and from what other people have been saying about Reider Meiza.
so informed that you don’t even know how the name is spelled
lol. lmao, even
Spoiler:
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #686064

I feel like you kinda just wanna argue without actually processing anything I write
conrad

Post by conrad » #686065

Lacran wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:23 am I feel like you kinda just wanna argue without actually processing anything I write
I mean, have you seen who you're talking to?
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
InternJohn

Post by InternJohn » #686070

A great majority of LRP Sybil players are bummed at seeing Reider get permabanned basically is the jist of this thread, and a good portion of people here are acting like they have to put down ol' yeller.

Reider was getting better, and I completely disagree with Vektor's assessment via stalking. There are just so many worse players than Reider on Sybil and the argument that "This is us trying to enforce standards!" falls flat when Reider was actually trying to get better about it.

There are a dozen people that I think should get job banned or tempbanned for their behavior, Reider wasn't one of them. Most people who play on Sybil kind of just understand Reider at this point, call it stockholm syndrome but it was charming. Not only charming, but often times hilarious. Walking to medbay and seeing Redier fighting Dean Ivanov, only to later find **every fire extinguisher** on the station empty from their slip fight was just funny. It doesn't even happen every shift, it's a rare occurrence.

I main chemistry, and my secondary is as security. I often get into direct conflicts with people, I've fought Reider countless times, I've never considered him bad. I actually strongly appreciate his efficiency in killing tots. There are far too many Sec members that are just plain fucking incompetent, or will draw some sadistic pleasure from torturing someone for an hour, or some other psychotic behavior. I was always refreshed to see Reider as HoS, because it meant I had someone competent to rely on who wouldn't faff about.

I think you're getting hung up on the wrong things when it comes to Sybil, and that banning Reider isn't a step towards 'cleaning' the server, it's just staring at someone with a troubled past through an electron microscope. As I said before, I'm sure a VAST MAJORITY of Sybil players would get banned if you stared at them in this manner. Reider isn't even in the top 10 worst offenders, he just has a bad reputation. Is that bad reputation his fault? Sure. But there is also a massive stigma against good players who understand the game. Every good player gets some level of shit flung at them for gimmicks, power gaming, or otherwise. Even I get given shit by people for just doing my job as sec officer and taking down traitors.

Ultimately, ask yourself if Reider was **REALLY** that big of a problem for Sybil, because I don't think he was. Of all the people I've had issues with, who have given me grief, Reider's not even in the top 30.
Last edited by InternJohn on Wed May 17, 2023 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #686071

Lacran wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:23 am I feel like you kinda just wanna argue without actually processing anything I write
“i can read logs somethin somethin i seen them on manuel somethin somethin”

that tells me nothing. NOTHING. at least detail an experience you had with them or something and then spin that to explain why it shows they’re the spawn of satan
Spoiler:
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #686072

Lacran, I am gonna be real here; you can't make a judgement call about how good somebody is IG if you have never played with them. You can infer it, but don't try and argue about it to people who have hung out and played with them. I have to say, at least for this, I am on sinfuls side.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #686073

conrad wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:29 am
mean little thing aren’t you!

any semblance of the squishymin aesthetic you try to uphold clearly gets squashed when you detect a fellow manuel damsel in distress
Spoiler:
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #686074

vect0r wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:45 am Lacran, I am gonna be real here; you can't make a judgement call about how good somebody is IG if you have never played with them. You can infer it, but don't try and argue about it to people who have hung out and played with them. I have to say, at least for this, I am on sinfuls side.
I've played with them, I've also read this thread where their strongest defenders are either atleast acknowledging they have huge problems that put them at odds with a large group of people or are the dumbest dregs the community has to offer.
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:42 am
“i can read logs somethin somethin i seen them on manuel somethin somethin”
Case in point.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #686075

Lacran wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:59 am Case in point.
digg
Spoiler:
InternJohn

Post by InternJohn » #686076

Lacran wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:59 am I've played with them, I've also read this thread where their strongest defenders are either atleast acknowledging they have huge problems that put them at odds with a large group of people or are the dumbest dregs the community has to offer.
A good portion of that is a problem with the large group of people. As I said, there is a stigma against good players on Sybil. Even I get shit for just doing my job well. People whine about how I play, the tools I use, call me all sorts of shit. I get antagonized just for being me, shoved, escalated against, etc.

I don't think you fully understand this issue.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #686077

InternJohn wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:03 am
Lacran wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:59 am I've played with them, I've also read this thread where their strongest defenders are either atleast acknowledging they have huge problems that put them at odds with a large group of people or are the dumbest dregs the community has to offer.
Even I get shit for just doing my job well. People whine about how I play, the tools I use, call me all sorts of shit. I get antagonized just for being me, shoved, escalated against, etc.
To be fair John, this is all because it’s warden out of brig (crime against humanity)
Spoiler:
conrad

Post by conrad » #686078

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:55 am
conrad wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:29 am
mean little thing aren’t you!

any semblance of the squishymin aesthetic you try to uphold clearly gets squashed when you detect a fellow manuel damsel in distress
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #686080

Conrad the famous Manuelmin
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #686081

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:55 am mean little thing aren’t you!
why is sinful acting like a disney villain
respect (let him do his thing)