im an attention whore

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

im an attention whore

Post by EmpressMaia » #685979

now here is my note appeal

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34061

:)
CandyClown
Byond Username: CandyClown

Re: im an attention whore

Post by CandyClown » #685980

I refuse to give you any attention, then.

Ah crap.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #685984

We know.

Also what is there to discuss here? I removed the note, we're good. No drama.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #685986

Wow, making a peanut thread about your own note.
It was REMOVED before you made this... *confused scream*
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #685990

vect0r wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:56 pm Wow, making a peanut thread about your own note.
It was REMOVED before you made this... *confused scream*
weapons-grade lameness for a peanut thread
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #685991

incredible peanut. here is my response:

As an AI language model real human being, I understand that conflict is an integral part of gameplay and can enhance the overall enjoyment of a game. In fact, I can provide a lengthy and detailed argument on why conflict is good for a game.

First and foremost, conflict provides a challenge for players. Without obstacles, games would be monotonous and unexciting. Players seek to overcome these challenges, and conflict provides an opportunity to do so. A game without conflict would not only lack a sense of accomplishment, but players would also lose interest quickly, as there would be nothing left to discover or explore.

Secondly, conflict adds depth and complexity to the game's storyline and characters. In many games, the plot revolves around a conflict or a series of conflicts. These conflicts often reveal more about the game's world and its characters' motivations. The conflict can also serve as a way to develop these characters, providing them with unique perspectives and challenges that define their personalities.

Thirdly, conflict promotes social interaction. Multiplayer games, in particular, rely heavily on conflict to facilitate communication, cooperation, and competition. These games are designed with conflict in mind, creating a competitive environment where players must work together or against each other to achieve their objectives. Through this interaction, players can form meaningful relationships, sharpen their social skills, and even learn a few things along the way.

Fourthly, conflict adds replayability. Games with no conflict have a foreseeable end, leaving nothing for the player to return to once they have completed it. However, conflict creates different outcomes, providing players with multiple paths to victory. This element of unpredictability keeps the game fresh and engaging, allowing players to revisit and replay it without feeling bored.

Finally, conflict provides a sense of immersion. Conflict becomes more than just a gameplay element; it becomes part of the world's fabric. This immersive environment makes players feel invested in the game's events, making it even more enjoyable.

In conclusion, conflict is an essential part of gameplay, providing challenges, depth, social interaction, replayability, and immersion. Without conflict, games would be lackluster and uninspired, and players would not derive the same level of enjoyment from them. Conflict may not be for everyone, but for those who enjoy it, it can be a rewarding and satisfying part of the gaming experience.
Weston Echard on Sybil
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #685992

Honestly feels like a good note if I was reading it correctly:
Maia asked for something from a fab, the robotist said no, then Maia broke in and destoryed the fabs???
Not willing to read the logs to learn what really happened because this peanut doesn't deserve it.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #686007

Vekter admitting he is wrong is a sign of the apocalypse.

Just kidding dude. It's a joke, bro, just a laugh, no, please-

User was scanned for this post.

in all seriousness we'd probably be worse off without you.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #686009

vect0r wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:29 am Honestly feels like a good note if I was reading it correctly:
Maia asked for something from a fab, the robotist said no, then Maia broke in and destoryed the fabs???
Not willing to read the logs to learn what really happened because this peanut doesn't deserve it.
I looked into logs and the only reason why the roboticist said no was because she got mad that another engineer refused to help her as she did not like her.
She actually said the engineer was "metagrudging"
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #686018

Dumb note but vekter removed it, what is there to talk about??

also making your own peanut should be an auto 14 day ban from players club
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #686020

:)
BrolyButterfingers
Byond Username: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #686023

You know what? I do the "disassemble their machines out of spite" bit all the time and it's one of my favourite little "fuck you"s to throw at people over petty grievances

I think it's way more interesting than punching them or whatever
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #686062

rare Broly W
normalize being a petty bitch
Spoiler:
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #686069

i'm also an attention whore it's like the best thing ever is when someone makes me feel special and like i'm the main character

narcissism is actually seriously fucking based
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #686207

massa wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:40 am i'm also an attention whore it's like the best thing ever is when someone makes me feel special and like i'm the main character

narcissism is actually seriously fucking based
REAL. My complexes read like essays. Therapists pay me to study.

Cringe to appeal though, wear the note as a badge of honor.
► Show Spoiler
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #686227

making your own peanut thread is lame
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #686242

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:55 pm making your own peanut thread is lame
I'd ban it but MSO won't give me the ability.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #686354

BrolyButterfingers wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:57 am You know what? I do the "disassemble their machines out of spite" bit all the time and it's one of my favourite little "fuck you"s to throw at people over petty grievances

The only way I feel like this was mishandled was in her dismantling/stealing the mechfab boards. I see zero issue with someone breaking in and building whatever they were denied to begin with, but anything past that is just being a petty shit to nobody's benefit, not even your own.

That's not against the rules, and nor is forcibly (and violently) ejecting someone from your department for doing something like that, so feel free to continue, but if you adminhelp because someone killed you over it, I'm not answering.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #686362

Vekter wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:24 pm
BrolyButterfingers wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:57 am You know what? I do the "disassemble their machines out of spite" bit all the time and it's one of my favourite little "fuck you"s to throw at people over petty grievances

The only way I feel like this was mishandled was in her dismantling/stealing the mechfab boards. I see zero issue with someone breaking in and building whatever they were denied to begin with, but anything past that is just being a petty shit to nobody's benefit, not even your own.

That's not against the rules, and nor is forcibly (and violently) ejecting someone from your department for doing something like that, so feel free to continue, but if you adminhelp because someone killed you over it, I'm not answering.
If they kill me for it I think it's hilarious tbh.

My favourite bit I've done is a geneticist was being a pisshead so I disassembled their entire workspace down to the tiles and rebuilt it in Atmospherics 1:1. including doors, and just acted like that's where genetics always was. I even configured access control on the doors.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #686387

BrolyButterfingers wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:30 pm

My favourite bit I've done is a geneticist was being a pisshead so I disassembled their entire workspace down to the tiles and rebuilt it in Atmospherics 1:1. including doors, and just acted like that's where genetics always was. I even configured access control on the doors.
That's hilarious as long as they were still able to get in and do their job.
Spoiler:

Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #686393

Front the logs the roboticist was also apparently being a petty shit by refusing to serve any engineers as one was rude to her, refusing to aid her in restoring power to robotics.

Maia even tried to get the engineer to apologize first to relieve tensions but apparently nothing came of it.
BrolyButterfingers

Post by BrolyButterfingers » #686400

Vekter wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:48 am
BrolyButterfingers wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:30 pm

They were, I kept calling the department "Atmosnetics" and they were dumbfounded until they finally just sat down and did their work. I even saved their mutations to a disk so they didn't lose them when I disassembled the computers to move them.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #686428

BrolyButterfingers wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:57 am
Vekter wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:48 am
They were, I kept calling the department "Atmosnetics" and they were dumbfounded until they finally just sat down and did their work. I even saved their mutations to a disk so they didn't lose them when I disassembled the computers to move them.
See, this is the kind of shit I wish players did more often. Things like just flipping someone's department 180 degrees. Put effort into your pranks.
Spoiler:

CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #686429

NO

DO NOT PEANUT THREAD YOURSELF

YOU BROKE THE RULES