ss13 virginity demographics

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)

What percentage of the average SS13 round's players are virgins?

0-10%
1%
10-20%
4%
20-30%
1%
30-40%
10%
40-50%
4%
50-60%
3%
60-70%
17%
70-80%
21%
80-90%
6%
90-100% (Serious only please! :thelaw: )
32%

Total votes: 71

massa
Byond Username: Massa100

ss13 virginity demographics

Post by massa » #686041

Please discuss and vote seriously, explaining your logic. :pen:
This poll :paperwrote: is anonymous :honkman:, is being recorded for posterity, and is :capid: Officially Sponsored.

My guess is 40%. Maybe 60% if I'm severely underestimating the average age of the players here. It just seems like a number that makes sense. You'd think it'd be high, but the amount of hard charging and high strung, wired energy in general suggests to me that SS13 people sink their teeth into life too much to not have gotten some.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Re: ss13 virginity demographics

Post by sinfulbliss » #686043

I'm gonna roll high here with a safe 90-100%. That's not a meme, I'm being scientific about this, let's think about it:

Take your average LRP highpop round on a Saturday night. Around 80 players. Now we can be damn well assured half or more of those are of the age 14-18, since that's simply the demographic of spaceman, and every fucking person here including admins started playing when they were under 18 so let's make no bones about it. The 14-18 age range are all virgins essentially so that's an insta 40/80 virgins.

So we're left with 40 players 18+. What percent of THOSE are virgins? Well first of all if you are a GAMER at all it's already a cointoss whether you're a virgin or not, but when we're talking SS13 we're talking a very autistic, UNPOPULAR game no one plays except you. You're not getting laid if you're playing SS13 3+ hours a day, full stop. Maybe the normie PS5 gamers are pulling some but still not much, that puts us at I'd say around 80% virgins of this 18+ category which leaves us with 8 nonvirgins of the 80pop server --> 90% virgins.
Spoiler:
massa

Post by massa » #686047

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:56 am You're not getting laid if you're playing SS13 3+ hours a day, full stop.
I actually fucked the most when I played the most SS13.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #686048

massa wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:12 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:56 am You're not getting laid if you're playing SS13 3+ hours a day, full stop.
anomaly. glitch in the matrix
like you cant even play SS13 with an S/O. maybe a few rounds at best. you have to be very autistic to get into this game
10 round/day averages for 70 rounds a week? you are not going to bed PERIOD that night much less with someone by your side
Spoiler:
massa

Post by massa » #686049

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:17 am
like you cant even play SS13 with an S/O. maybe a few rounds at best
10 round/day averages for 70 rounds a week? you are not going to bed PERIOD that night much less with someone by your side
I actually did show a girl a round on goonstation where I took a floor pill as a cargo tech, tripped for 10 minutes, we tried making bath salts in the bath tub with every flavor of ramen and a welder because that was apparently how you did it, then died in Engineering of more floor pills and that connection didn't last very long.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #686050

massa wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:18 am
I actually did show a girl a round on goonstation where I took a floor pill as a cargo tech, tripped for 10 minutes, we tried making bath salts in the bath tub with every flavor of ramen and a welder because that was apparently how you did it, then died in Engineering of more floor pills and that connection didn't last very long.
a single round. a, maximum, 20 minute experience which she only tolerated to humor you
Spoiler:
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #686051

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:20 am
massa wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:18 am
a single round. a, maximum, 20 minute experience which she only tolerated to humor you
Now try getting a girlfriend to watch you play Factorio for 20 minutes.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #686058

argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #686088

i think massa just discovered emotes
respect (let him do his thing)
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #686091

i was wondering how long it would take before wubli showed up
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #686100

I have a story I don't feel comfortable sharing.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #686101

Most of our player base is adults right?
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #686104

EmpressMaia wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:24 pm Most of our player base is adults right?
clueless.gif
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #686115

I would think that the virginity demographics are fairly low considering how many users we have that've done each others' moms
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #686146

voted 10-20 because theres no way its higher than 30...
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #686147

This reminds me that I used to run a BDSM blog before shortly before starting playing ss13.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #686155

I was expecting this to be a thing we filled out as to whether we were, then the results would be shown.

Also
EmpressMaia wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:01 pm This reminds me that I used to run a BDSM blog before shortly before starting playing ss13.
Average Manuel player.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #686167

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:56 am I'm gonna roll high here with a safe 90-100%. That's not a meme, I'm being scientific about this, let's think about it:

Take your average LRP highpop round on a Saturday night. Around 80 players. Now we can be damn well assured half or more of those are of the age 14-18, since that's simply the demographic of spaceman, and every fucking person here including admins started playing when they were under 18 so let's make no bones about it. The 14-18 age range are all virgins essentially so that's an insta 40/80 virgins.

So we're left with 40 players 18+. What percent of THOSE are virgins? Well first of all if you are a GAMER at all it's already a cointoss whether you're a virgin or not, but when we're talking SS13 we're talking a very autistic, UNPOPULAR game no one plays except you. You're not getting laid if you're playing SS13 3+ hours a day, full stop. Maybe the normie PS5 gamers are pulling some but still not much, that puts us at I'd say around 80% virgins of this 18+ category which leaves us with 8 nonvirgins of the 80pop server --> 90% virgins.
Also not saying its data is perfect but Google's data concerning my audience massively disagrees with your opinion and I'd rely on that data before someone's opinion. If people watching YouTube videos about SS13 overlaps with people playing SS13 we're looking at around 1% as a starting point.
Meaning that, unrelated to the point, any given SS13 player is more likely to be a female than a minor.
Demographics.png
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #686172

dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:13 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:56 am I'm gonna roll high here with a safe 90-100%. That's not a meme, I'm being scientific about this, let's think about it:

Also not saying its data is perfect but Google's data concerning my audience massively disagrees with your opinion and I'd rely on that data before someone's opinion. If people watching YouTube videos about SS13 overlaps with people playing SS13 we're looking at around 1% as a starting point.
Meaning that, unrelated to the point, any given SS13 player is more likely to be a female than a minor.
Demographics.png
I can't think of a single person who put in their real age when they made their google account but I respect your dedication to the data.

The more important question for the sake of the demographics.

Show of hands, which club players have tamed some strange?
► Show Spoiler
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #686173

I mean, if I could get my virginity back I totally would tbh.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #686244

This is ridiculous. No one I know who is over 18 is a virgin. Its gotta be like <20%
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #686248

WineAllWine wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:57 pm This is ridiculous. No one I know who is over 18 is a virgin. Its gotta be like <20%
bad news, wine
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Googles_Hands
Byond Username: Googles_Hands

Post by Googles_Hands » #686253

WineAllWine wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:57 pm This is ridiculous. No one I know who is over 18 is a virgin. Its gotta be like <20%
:roll:
This game is so inredibly niche and requires a relatively huge time investment to get into and established. Additionally, virginity is on the rise. Generally I'd think people who play this are more disconnected/nerdy or whatever you want to call it that at least with the younger players, even if over 18, virginity is way more common than 20%.
yobihodazine2
Byond Username: Yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine2 » #686259

Adam Klein wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:25 pm I mean, if I could get my virginity back I totally would tbh.
same
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #686261

dirk_mcblade wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:13 pm Meaning that, unrelated to the point, any given SS13 player is more likely to be a female than a minor.
Demographics.png
no fucking way, no chance3 in hell
wubli

Post by wubli » #686265

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:32 am i was wondering how long it would take before wubli showed up
will she ever stop being mean to me chat...
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #686268

wubli wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:04 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:32 am i was wondering how long it would take before wubli showed up
will she ever stop being mean to me chat...
shakes magic 8 ball.
"Results inconclusive."
Useless piece of junk.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #686269

In America virginity is at 53% from 18 to 24 (https://insights.paramount.com/post/aro ... hat-common). 38% globally for same age group. Any guess under 40% is probably unreasonable seeing as the majority of ss13 players are either underage or in that age group.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
wubli

Post by wubli » #686271

BeeSting12 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:27 am In America virginity is at 53% from 18 to 24 (https://insights.paramount.com/post/aro ... hat-common). 38% globally for same age group. Any guess under 40% is probably unreasonable seeing as the majority of ss13 players are either underage or in that age group.
thanks to this post i googled and found out apparently in argentina the average age for your first time is 14 which is wild to me. i was playing neopets and club penguin i didnt even know penises were real
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #686274

BeeSting12 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:27 am In America virginity is at 53% from 18 to 24 (https://insights.paramount.com/post/aro ... hat-common). 38% globally for same age group. Any guess under 40% is probably unreasonable seeing as the majority of ss13 players are either underage or in that age group.
You'll probably want to 1.5x that % given SS13 players are more autistic than the general population.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #686289

Gosh I must be in a very slutty friend group
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #686303

Most of yall have zero game and it shows.
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #686333

dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:37 am
You'll probably want to 1.5x that % given SS13 players are more autistic than the general population.
Bold of you to assume autistic people don’t fuck. They most definitely do
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #686338

Drag wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:14 am Most of yall have zero game and it shows.
We know you have a bf stop making us jealous :(
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #686341

man what is this thread
massa

Post by massa » #686344

CitrusGender wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:16 pm man what is this thread
motherfucking content :beer: baby :shades:
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #686345

Reading these responses makes me want to lower my vote, man you guys are lame.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #686348

Say Gex
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #686351

AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #686356

Everyone is a virgin but me, of course! I am le gigachad shrigma male patrick bateman!
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #686478

I have no fucking clue what is real or how to know what is real
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #686479

Adam Klein wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:49 pm
That isn't what I wrote and it's a widespread theory the reason that kids born to older parents are more likely to be autistic is because the people having kids later in life are more often autistic than the general population. Draw your own conclusions from that but you're coping if you think there isn't a multiplier effect.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #686483

dirk_mcblade wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:13 am
Adam Klein wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:49 pm
That isn't what I wrote and it's a widespread theory the reason that kids born to older parents are more likely to be autistic is because the people having kids later in life are more often autistic than the general population. Draw your own conclusions from that but you're coping if you think there isn't a multiplier effect.
imagine having kids before the age of 30
you’ve either forgot to wrap up or you’re clinically insane. imagine throwing the better part of your 20s away to change DIAPERS and buy BABYFOOD. are you out your fucking MIND?

the autists got it right as far as i’m concerned
Spoiler:
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #686497

All we really need for this is the demographics of people hitting a certain playtime daily based on hourly bands.
sinfulbliss wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:00 am imagine having kids before the age of 30
you’ve either forgot to wrap up or you’re clinically insane. imagine throwing the better part of your 20s away to change DIAPERS and buy BABYFOOD. are you out your fucking MIND?

Part of me is just like, why have kids when I can Instead have the time and money to do all the things and traveling that I want? The time and money that I fought like hell to have?

That's from someone looking to their 30's, that point in time where you can actually do things.

A couple with money and time can do whatever the hell they want. Some of them want that I guess. No thanks.

I'd adopt anyways. So whatever.
Hugs
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #686498

Misdoubtful wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:50 pm A couple with money and time can do whatever the hell they want. Some of them want that I guess. No thanks.

Mm, yeah.. I dunno it might be a bit radical but I find it almost a necessity to have kids. What else are you gonna do when you’re in your like 60s - 80s? You really need a family at that point or you’re gonna be super lonely.

Adopting would work I think if you don’t care about the whole gene thing. I sorta like the idea that your kid has 50% of your genes so they’ll likely share similar issues or predispositions that you or your spouse had at their age.
Spoiler:
massa

Post by massa » #686500

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:22 pm
Misdoubtful wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:50 pm A couple with money and time can do whatever the hell they want. Some of them want that I guess. No thanks.

Mm, yeah.. I dunno it might be a bit radical but I find it almost a necessity to have kids. What else are you gonna do when you’re in your like 60s - 80s? You really need a family at that point or you’re gonna be super lonely.

Adopting would work I think if you don’t care about the whole gene thing. I sorta like the idea that your kid has 50% of your genes so they’ll likely share similar issues or predispositions that you or your spouse had at their age.
I intend to live a more reckless life and hedonistic life, escalating my poor choices and chasing further highs until I die young unceremoniously.

Imagine being a boomer hahahaha.
wubli

Post by wubli » #686535

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:00 am imagine having kids before the age of 30

this makes me realize if I get pregnant I would not be a teenage mom and that was my worst fear. what the fuck do you mean I'm a full blown adult who can have a baby and it's be normal what the fuck
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #686549

we should start a unicorn ranch
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #686550

wubli wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:05 pm

this makes me realize if I get pregnant I would not be a teenage mom and that was my worst fear. what the fuck do you mean I'm a full blown adult who can have a baby and it's be normal what the fuck
Don’t worry, SS13 adminning is the best birth control known to man

massa

Post by massa » #686553

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:07 pm we should start a unicorn ranch
i'm down