Local shelter fails to verify adopter's religious beliefs, leading to gruesome cat sacrifice

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Mice World
Byond Username: Mice World

Local shelter fails to verify adopter's religious beliefs, leading to gruesome cat sacrifice

Post by Mice World » #686079

viewtopic.php?t=34073

Prisoners are just like any other job. They don't have a license to grief, so you shouldn't treat them like this.
It keeps getting worse!?
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Re: Local shelter fails to verify adopter's religious beliefs, leading to gruesome cat sacrifice

Post by conrad » #686083

What a crybaby lmao
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here.
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Re: Local shelter fails to verify adopter's religious beliefs, leading to gruesome cat sacrifice

Post by kinnebian » #686084

My character was in for tax evasion
they got what was coming! :twisted:
respect (let him do his thing)
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #686085

I feel like using prisoners for experiments is the kind of based emergent RP the job is there to create.
Surely a dystopian megacorporation would absolutely use criminals for human testing.
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
Mice World

Post by Mice World » #686086

Jackraxxus wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:03 am I feel like using prisoners for experiments is the kind of based emergent RP the job is there to create.
Surely a dystopian megacorporation would absolutely use criminals for human testing.
I would agree with this if prisoners had lenient escalation rules (or an antag status like abductor). You can't really have a "pick this to get griefed" role without said role being able to retaliate.
It keeps getting worse!?
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #686087

i died pls ban he
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #686094

10/10 thread title

absolutely perfect
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #686095

Mice World wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:06 am You can't really have a "pick this to get griefed" role without said role being able to retaliate.
why
also prisoners beat up sec that come to their cell all the time is it actually against the rules??
Mice World

Post by Mice World » #686097

Fikou wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:47 pm why
Because that's rather boring? Like, if you want to treat prisoner like a punching bag, go ahead... but it's clearly not designed for this.
Fikou wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:47 pm also prisoners beat up sec that come to their cell all the time is it actually against the rules??
I'm not an admin so I don't really know. I'd assume not. However, I could see an admin banning a player the only wants to fight sec.

My main issue with this is that it's an extremely one sided interaction (Good luck beating a somewhat competent secoff as solo prisoner) and prisoner isn't really designed for this. From what I've seen they're treated like a normal job (It's also recommended to new players on the wiki!), so this is the equivalent of a security officer cuffing some random MD and giving him to a heretic.
It keeps getting worse!?
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #686102

I think this was chill. Prisoners being "Just like other jobs" is boing. They have inherent rp justification to fuck with.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #686105

This is cringe and the secoff should be given a bollocking for this. It's not like it was an MD or the RD who asked, just some random hobo greyshirt walked in, demanded a prisoner and was handed him in cuffs. That's the same as just opening the brig doors and throwing the prisoners out roundstart as far as I'm concerned, and sec aren't meant to do that either.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #686106

Mice World wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:11 pm (It's also recommended to new players on the wiki!)
Prisoner being recommended for new players on the wiki is stupid imo we shouldn't be telling new players to try the sit there and do nothing/get trolled by sec (as content) job as their first impressions of ss13.
We should be recommending assistant so they can kill themselves on doors as their forefathers did before them, and maybe cargo tech so they can push crates / walk around delivering mail/crates so they can learn the maps.
Someone should fix this big time.
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #686109

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:29 pm This is cringe and the secoff should be given a bollocking for this. It's not like it was an MD or the RD who asked, just some random hobo greyshirt walked in, demanded a prisoner and was handed him in cuffs. That's the same as just opening the brig doors and throwing the prisoners out roundstart as far as I'm concerned, and sec aren't meant to do that either.
I made the policy thread about releasing the prisoners roundstart.
The end result was the headmins making a ruling that didn't touch on the issue I brought at all. viewtopic.php?f=85&t=32347&p=654627&hil ... er#p654627
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Mice World

Post by Mice World » #686110

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:26 pm Prisoners being "Just like other jobs" is boing. They have inherent rp justification to fuck with.
I agree. But it's hard to create a job like this that balances between "This will enable RP" and "This will make sec vs prisoners every round ". Prisoner was designed to be a "chill" hangout in perma role, so it needs a complete policy and maybe even code rewrite before it can move away from being just another job.
It keeps getting worse!?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #686111

I think I'm okay with using prisoners for experiments, but I'm not convinced that's what happened here? Unless I'm missing something it looks like they just gave the prisoner to a random assistant.

There's a difference between handing a prisoner over to R&D/medical for experimentation and just giving him to a person in a grey jumpsuit.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #686112

I think using prisoners as D-class personel is funny.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #686114

Aside from this incident being incredibly based and exactly what you should expect from a good prisoner round, I have a vendetta against this player for changing the AI lawset to catimov one time. Admin did good.
Mice World

Post by Mice World » #686117

Here's the logs for this. I'm sort of rushing so sorry if I miss something important.
Boris is the secoff. Jose is the heretic assistant. Imitates is the prisoner.

Boris and Jose meet. Boris agrees to give Jose a slave "for cruel experiments".
► Show Spoiler
The disabling and cuffing.
► Show Spoiler
Grabbing etc, Boris confirms that Imitates is now Jose's.
► Show Spoiler
Jose starts strangling Imitates.
► Show Spoiler
Earnest, the other secoff sees Jose and Boris with Imitates.
► Show Spoiler
Boris tells Earnest about Imitates, Earnest tries to stop Jose, Imitates keeps calling for help.
► Show Spoiler
Boris lies about Jose strangling Imitates. Jose ends up taking Imitates away.
► Show Spoiler
Earnest talks with Boris while Jose beats Imitates to death.
► Show Spoiler
Boris and Earnest argue while Jose starts his ritual.
► Show Spoiler
**GRUESOME CAT SACRIFICE**
► Show Spoiler
More arguing between B&E. (Jose and Imitates have been snipped.)
► Show Spoiler
Quick edit for forum admins to answer: When I post logs like this, should I include them in the main thread or are they fine in the player's club?
Last edited by Mice World on Wed May 17, 2023 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It keeps getting worse!?
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #686118

Mice World wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:29 pm logs
You know you can just post them in the actual thread
Mice World

Post by Mice World » #686119

Archie700 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:34 pm
Mice World wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:29 pm logs
You know you can just post them in the actual thread
I dunno. I just want to be 100% sure. I don't really mind posting them here anyway.
It keeps getting worse!?
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #686120

I think it's generally fine if a antag convinces someone to do something they wouldn't normally do. It's a game with misinformation and such at it's core.
c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #686121

kinda fucked up on sec's part ngl
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #686124

Striders13 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:50 pm This post
Yeah the guy was talked to and did try to heal, so this was just a ban request
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #686125

this is insanely funny and if someone asked for a prisoner like a pokemon i too would have given em them
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)

SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #686132

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:29 pm This is cringe and the secoff should be given a bollocking for this. It's not like it was an MD or the RD who asked, just some random hobo greyshirt walked in, demanded a prisoner and was handed him in cuffs. That's the same as just opening the brig doors and throwing the prisoners out roundstart as far as I'm concerned, and sec aren't meant to do that either.
Sec can release the perma prisoners round start if they want to on LRP

In this thread headmins disallowed promoting the prisoners to sec FNR/round start on MRP only.
So it stands to reason that you would be allowed to promote prisoners to security roundstart if you wanted to on LRP, which is essentially the same thing as releasing them.

edit: I forgot the thread because im dumb
viewtopic.php?p=576934#p576934
Last edited by SkeletalElite on Wed May 17, 2023 3:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #686133

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:27 pm Actually, you know what? I was upset at the time, but I think it's much more funny and valuable to have a golden green pass from Striders to fuck with imprisoned non-antag crew with no limits. I'm gonna just go play security and start strangling people to death in the middle of the Brig if they get a perma sentence from the HoS or Captain for breaking into the Captain's office or something, or selling them off as slaves to the highest bidder after they break into Tech Storage to be used in cruel experiments (Remember, my crime was tax evasion. Literally not even as bad as b and e.). Not how I thought Security was going to work, but this incident has really opened my eyes to the possibilities of what you can do as Security. Feel free to close this, I would much rather ascend to a new higher tier of shitsec than ever before than see some random noted.
This ain't it, chief. Even if you're mad about Striders' decision, this super ain't it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #686135

"You can freely grief roundstart prisoners" is just a bad take.
Roleplay wise, they're in prison for a reason. If Central wanted them dead, they would be. If they wanted them to suffer cruel experiments, they'd tell the crew as much. Being held prisoner is implied by their title, torture is not.
Rules-wise, they're not antagonists, don't have relaxed escalation, and giving them to any rando who walks up is a huge rule 1 break- especially when the rando is stated to have violent intent.

Still, I'd worry about punishing for this- I'd rather this interaction with a prisoner than no interaction at all, which is what security usually does.

Also, agree with Vekter here, you're better than this Imitates.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #686140

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:27 pm Actually, you know what? I was upset at the time, but I think it's much more funny and valuable to have a golden green pass from Striders to fuck with imprisoned non-antag crew with no limits. I'm gonna just go play security and start strangling people to death in the middle of the Brig if they get a perma sentence from the HoS or Captain for breaking into the Captain's office or something, or selling them off as slaves to the highest bidder after they break into Tech Storage to be used in cruel experiments (Remember, my crime was tax evasion. Literally not even as bad as b and e.). Not how I thought Security was going to work, but this incident has really opened my eyes to the possibilities of what you can do as Security. Feel free to close this, I would much rather ascend to a new higher tier of shitsec than ever before than see some random noted.
This analogy might be fucked up, but just hear me out. This also not me speaking as a admin, this is me speaking as a player and this opinion, unlike my other ones, suck.

Imagine, if you will, someone pushed you, or, whatever, and tumbled you over into a nearby hole. He realizes what he has done then recovers you, drags you to the hospital, and gets arrested by the proper authorities. After you recover (it wasn’t that bad of a fall) you proceed to file a complaint to the police department arguing that instead they should’ve been given the a higher/life sentience. The officers cross their arms and argue that they have already given a stern talking to not to do it again.

Then, you proceed to shout aloud “THIS HAS INSPIRED ME!! I CAN’T BELIEVE HOW MUCH POSSIBILITIES YOU CAN DO AS A PERSON! I’M GOING TO COMMIT CRIMES, STAB SOMEONE, AND PUSH THEM INTO A 10 FEET DEEP HOLE!

Come on, you’re better than this. Not only is this stupid, it literally takes it too far for a stupid video game, where you’re supposed to accept the horrible possibilities of your character as a prisoner. But, yeah, honestly, the point of round start killing prisoners is super lame, and a ruling should be done to disallow that. I just don’t want them to be stupid and take rule enforcement the completely opposite way. It sucks.

Just because one admin allows something, doesn’t mean another allows it. Stop thinking we are omnipresent. We are not.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #686149

Reminder that the wiki encourages new players to take the Prisoner role to learn the basics of the game. I don't think I need to explain to you what a new player would've thought if this had happened to them.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #686150

Anyone who says or does something like this deserves to immediately be hurled in the sun. It’s so infuriating and it happens all the time. We get it, stripping a ruling of all context and broadly applying it to every possible situation gives you freedom to run around the halls shooting people and it’s not your fault it’s the admin’s. Gold star for your original and creative thought that no one else has ever thought of in the entire history of tgstation. You truly are an innovator.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #686154

how fuckin childish
respect (let him do his thing)
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #686156

... the good ending????
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:24 pm Oh, I'm sorry, did you think I was being sarcastic? I wasn't. I unironically went and tried it in the next shift and sold an (apparently traitor) assistant into slavery who broke into EVA to the QM for 300cr, which was well received by the crew of the shift at large. I genuinely think we should explore the depths of what level of fuckery is allowed with prisoners, and I am in no way upset any more, and am quite thankful to you for allowing me to realize there is genuine roleplay depth to be had in this space. Perhaps this could be turned into a Policy Discussion.
this is incredibly funny. god bless.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)

datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #686157

Funny but also very stupid. I look forward to reading an entertaining ban appeal, if nothing else.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #686162

conrad wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:52 am What a crybaby lmao
Conrad's right.
sec gref me(perma prisoner) pls note he!1!
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:27 pm Actually, you know what? I was upset at the time, but I think it's much more funny and valuable to have a golden green pass from Striders to fuck with imprisoned non-antag crew with no limits
That plot twist, though...
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #686164

One day I’m going to admin Sybil and experience this first hand.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #686174

I really do think there's a difference between what happened here and what Striders thinks happened here.

I'm totally okay with the idea of sec selling or giving prisoners to the research departments for experiments, not to random crewmembers to do whatever they want with them.

Random experimentation on corporate criminals is based. Slavery is cringe.

Do I think that means the complaint should be successful or that further action needs to be taken? No, I think telling the guy off is fine if he's relatively new.

E: Also the complaint is stupid and Typhnox is being even stupider.
Spoiler:

Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #686180

Epicgamer545 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:18 pm Then, you proceed to shout aloud “THIS HAS INSPIRED ME!! I CAN’T BELIEVE HOW MUCH POSSIBILITIES YOU CAN DO AS A PERSON! I’M GOING TO COMMIT CRIMES, STAB SOMEONE, AND PUSH THEM INTO A 10 FEET DEEP HOLE!

Come on, you’re better than this. Not only is this stupid, it literally takes it too far for a stupid video game, where you’re supposed to accept the horrible possibilities of your character as a prisoner. But, yeah, honestly, the point of round start killing prisoners is super lame, and a ruling should be done to disallow that. I just don’t want them to be stupid and take rule enforcement the completely opposite way. It sucks.
Pretty based that THE Alice Heart then admits to doing the exact thing Stiders says isn't okay, seems the sticky conversion therapy to not be an ancap didn't pay off, still just chasing the bag with slavery as the punchline.
► Show Spoiler
COwlbear
Byond Username: Cowboy Owlbear

Post by COwlbear » #686183

As a frequent prisoner player, I'd much rather get passed off to a department for extremely flimsy reasons (or otherwise be voluntold to do dangerous/unwise things, like exploring an unchecked gateway) than just get sold to some rando; I've had security and command give me offers like this, but never involving a random assistant. Prisoners are sec's responsibility, after all, so at least IC it'd make sense to get offered benefits, special treatment, parole, etc. by someone with a big hat in exchange for going along with something that's almost certainly going to go badly for me. They have the authority to do that, after all. I think it's a far more interesting solution to people not wanting to check on perma than just ignoring or freeing prisoners outright! I only play on Manuel, however, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Also, inmates are technically still CentComm's property. They're probably going to get mad if they hear someone's trying to profit off their stuff.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #686188

NoxVS wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:22 pm Anyone who says or does something like this deserves to immediately be hurled in the sun. It’s so infuriating and it happens all the time. We get it, stripping a ruling of all context and broadly applying it to every possible situation gives you freedom to run around the halls shooting people and it’s not your fault it’s the admin’s. Gold star for your original and creative thought that no one else has ever thought of in the entire history of tgstation. You truly are an innovator.
I find it very based personally. Like, alright Mr. Admin, you REALLY think what they did was okay? You’re sure of that? Gonna just IC issue it are ya? Well how bout I do the same damn thing next round how bout that? You THAT confident in your ruling huh? Let’s find out…

It’s incredibly petty but I find it very funny so I’m here for it. Unfortunately it doesn’t apply here since Striders did warn them
Spoiler:
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #686202

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:26 pm
vect0r wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:28 pm To clarify, are you closing the complaint?
I think it would be harmful and restrictive to roleplay at this time. Also hush Chadley, this is a game, not real life, ancapping in a corporate dystopia makes sense.
I know what must be said, but I don't think I wanna eat a ban for it.

viewtopic.php?p=648402#p648402
► Show Spoiler
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #686211

I've been wanting to find a situation to talk about my PR "Prisoners no longer spawn with backpacks" and I guess it makes sense to put it here https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/72892
I made the PR because it makes no sense to give prisoners backpacks. They closed it because removing prisoners backpacks is griefing, so the PR would basically be griefing every prisoner via code.
But is it really griefing to remove prisoners backpacks? They're literally in prison and shouldn't have backpacks where they can store contraband. Being in the prisoner role opens you to some things that would be considered griefing for other roles.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #686218

What an absolute complete fucking crybaby lmaoooo
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here.
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #686221

Very conflicted on this one pals. On the one hand this is emergent RP and it seems kind of perfect for a perma prisoner. On the other hand it'd really suck to have an officer pawn you off to a heretic without a chance to retaliate or defend yourself, then get sacced and sit out the round.

But given they were warned, you don't complaint this type of thing, that only incentivizes more "handled"s, sometimes you don't get the outcome you want but ya gotta just grin and bear it.
Spoiler:
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #686222

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:31 pm
NoxVS wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:22 pm Anyone who says or does something like this deserves to immediately be hurled in the sun. It’s so infuriating and it happens all the time. We get it, stripping a ruling of all context and broadly applying it to every possible situation gives you freedom to run around the halls shooting people and it’s not your fault it’s the admin’s. Gold star for your original and creative thought that no one else has ever thought of in the entire history of tgstation. You truly are an innovator.
I find it very based personally. Like, alright Mr. Admin, you REALLY think what they did was okay? You’re sure of that? Gonna just IC issue it are ya? Well how bout I do the same damn thing next round how bout that? You THAT confident in your ruling huh? Let’s find out…

It’s incredibly petty but I find it very funny so I’m here for it. Unfortunately it doesn’t apply here since Striders did warn them
The thing is they never do the exact same thing.

I once saw a player who was caught with an AI upload, refused to explain why they had it, and insulted the officer who arrested them. They got executed for it. When told that it seemed like a pretty good reason to kill them, they drew the conclusion that if they play security they are free to execute anyone who insults them on the spot.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #686224

NoxVS wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:30 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:31 pm

The thing is they never do the exact same thing.

I once saw a player who was caught with an AI upload, refused to explain why they had it, and insulted the officer who arrested them. They got executed for it. When told that it seemed like a pretty good reason to kill them, they drew the conclusion that if they play security they are free to execute anyone who insults them on the spot.
Euuughh... RR over an AI upload board? Man Nox...
But yeah the proper petty response would be insta executing someone they find with AI upload in the future
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #686263

Fren256 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:06 pm Reminder that the wiki encourages new players to take the Prisoner role to learn the basics of the game. I don't think I need to explain to you what a new player would've thought if this had happened to them.
reminder that literally anybody with a forum account can edit 99% of the wiki
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #686270

Fren256 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:06 pm Reminder that the wiki encourages new players to take the Prisoner role to learn the basics of the game. I don't think I need to explain to you what a new player would've thought if this had happened to them.
Removed that section
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #686279

vect0r wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:37 am
Removed that section
based
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #686282

vect0r wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:37 am
Removed that section
Good, it's probably better off that way.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #686283

NoxVS wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:22 pm
Anyone who says or does something like this deserves to immediately be hurled in the sun. It’s so infuriating and it happens all the time. We get it, stripping a ruling of all context and broadly applying it to every possible situation gives you freedom to run around the halls shooting people and it’s not your fault it’s the admin’s. Gold star for your original and creative thought that no one else has ever thought of in the entire history of tgstation. You truly are an innovator.
Wow never would've expected that behavior from this player.