Admin goes silent after the appealant makes a terrible blunder peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Admin goes silent after the appealant makes a terrible blunder peanut

Post by Constellado » #686665

They done fucked up.

What happens next? Will they both get banned? Will they be able to recover from their admission of guilt?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34093
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Re: Admin goes silent after the appealant makes a terrible blunder peanut

Post by dirk_mcblade » #686669

Shaps is going fuck I gotta do two ban appeals now.
Good argument against horse trading with appellants to be honest.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #686674

shaps pls respond
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Dezupher
Byond Username: Dezupher

Post by Dezupher » #686679

shaps pls respond
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #686682

I'm crying.
But I'm also laughing.

Never speak without your lawyer guys. And for the future, please post every appealant the miranda rights please.

With fifth regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #686683

"It was an accident I didn't really know what I was doing because I'm new"

"okay Ill unban you don't do it again"

"thanks, oh by the way I was screensharing to my friend whos also playing"

The peanut gallery:

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #686686

yowza
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #686688

they have the ckeys, i hope they dont actually both eat a ban but itd be really funny
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #686689

shaps pls respond
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #686691

tbh this is a very clear situation they were not aware of the rules and fucked up lmao
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #686696

honestly i dont get the huge thing about screensharing the game. we allow streaming, why isnt screen sharing allowed?
c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #686698

EmpressMaia wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:15 pm honestly i dont get the huge thing about screensharing the game. we allow streaming, why isnt screen sharing allowed?
i mean, its only a problem if the person watching is also in the round right? ive screenshared myself making soup and sandwiches as chef for my friend to fall asleep to before but i can't imagine how that would be an issue because nobody's getting any advantage from that

also i think streamings only allowed under certain circumstances
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #686700

EmpressMaia wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:15 pm honestly i dont get the huge thing about screensharing the game. we allow streaming, why isnt screen sharing allowed?
I believe streaming has to have a delay to avoid stream snipes. Haven't read recent stream policy though so no clue. Screen sharing has no such delay. The main issue is that he was sharing with his friend who was actively playing the round. With streaming you have no control over who watches but with screen sharing you're picking and choosing who gets to watch. I don't really see any malice here, I'd personally give them a sternly worded warning or something and note it.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #686701

Double posting to say RIP to kendricks FNR privileges
kendricksfnrprivileges.PNG
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #686707

I think Conrad's signature has the perfect response to this.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #686709

BeeSting12 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:35 pm
I believe streaming has to have a delay to avoid stream snipes. Haven't read recent stream policy though so no clue. Screen sharing has no such delay. The main issue is that he was sharing with his friend who was actively playing the round. With streaming you have no control over who watches but with screen sharing you're picking and choosing who gets to watch. I don't really see any malice here, I'd personally give them a sternly worded warning or something and note it.
There's no required delay unless they changed policy.

You also have to register yourself to stream, and announce to the admins that you're streaming.
I believe theoretically anyone playing the round while watching your steam would be metacomming. They'd likely have to admit it to be proven though. Kind of similar to admitting you screen shared with a friend during an appeal.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #686729

Shaps-cloud wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:19 pm Sorry, I went to bed last night after my last post. So randomly opening a dangerous canister of plasma in a main hallway is a pretty obviously stupid thing to do for someone with 29h of gameplay, and I also hope yung wasn't in that round if you guys were screensharing, per our metacomms rules.

Yung has a good history with pretty few notes, so I'll go ahead and lift this ban. Enjoy your stay in the community, but if you end up doing something really dangerous on accident like release a can of plasma in a crowded hallway, please just ahelp it so we know you're not just a random griefer.
did they dodge
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #686739

Did shaps just unban them anyway? Didn't expect that outcome!

We could easily check if both ckeys were in that round.
If they were, they metacommed. I hope they got some sort of telling off for doing it o.o

Or is it not really a big deal?
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #686742

Shaps probably didn't want to double his workload so he looked for a premise to not ban them.
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #686747

Because streaming to a public audience is atleast a level playing field. Using that info is still of course not okay.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #686750

dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:21 am Shaps probably didn't want to double his workload so he looked for a premise to not ban them.
If they fuck up again in an obvious way, then easy reapings
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #686753

Lacran wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:32 am
Because streaming to a public audience is atleast a level playing field. Using that info is still of course not okay.
The streamer also only handicaps himself and on the LRP servers there are pretty strict rules for what you can do or see as a ghost to not spoil others rounds.