gun nerd therapy group

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

gun nerd therapy group

Post by kinnebian » #686958

the last derailing got derailed lets not derail other threads with gunposting
heres a conversation starter:
The H&K 9mm USP is the standard service pistol of the Irish Defense force (and many others), and one of my favourite guns.
respect (let him do his thing)
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Re: gun nerd therapy group

Post by sinfulbliss » #686971

The H&K makes some great pistols, I've shot the VP9 and P30, I think maybe the USP but can't remember. Very well-made firearms and I don't find them jamming much unlike the Barretta (which is supposed to be higher end).

A gun I own that I enjoy a lot, the S&W Model 642:
Spoiler:
For a concealed hammer revolver I still think it's quite a pretty gun, and the hammerless model is great for carrying (I don't yet though). It weighs almost nothing, hence its nickname as the "Airweight," but you can load some pretty hot .38 special +P rounds into it. It'll kick pretty hard but it's not that bad.
Spoiler:
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #686973

i dont like guns when i was a kid and i had no idea bout metal gear i'd make my name "sniper wolf" in cs1.6 because i thought she was really pretty and i love the aesthetic of snipers. i wish i wasn't dogshit at using them in every game
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #686977

wubli wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:03 pm i dont like guns when i was a kid and i had no idea bout metal gear i'd make my name "sniper wolf" in cs1.6 because i thought she was really pretty and i love the aesthetic of snipers. i wish i wasn't dogshit at using them in every game
SniperWolf... Like that one youtuber from Arizona that is super sexist?

That's not very girls supporting girls.
► Show Spoiler
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #686983

Chadley wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:20 pm
wubli wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:03 pm i dont like guns when i was a kid and i had no idea bout metal gear i'd make my name "sniper wolf" in cs1.6 because i thought she was really pretty and i love the aesthetic of snipers. i wish i wasn't dogshit at using them in every game
SniperWolf... Like that one youtuber from Arizona that is super sexist?

That's not very girls supporting girls.
STOP. Either you are baiting Ekat, or you are trying to derail this thread, or both. Neither of those are that cool.
I think the Mosin is pretty fun to play IC, and that bolt racking is fun as fuck.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #687011

I was out with my father at a gun store when I spotted a PTR91 for only like 700 bucks. Sadly that day I forgot my wallet and thought, "I'll come back tomorrow for that." I came back the next day (not even 24 hours later) and it was already gone. Gonna be honest I have still not recovered from this. The gun has some issues (hopefully lessened for what I assumed to be a used gun) but for 700 bucks to have a pretty cool gun with an HK slap I would've done it then and there if I had had my wallet at the time.
► Show Spoiler
On the upside some of the coolest guns my father owns and that I have had the privilege to shoot are his lever action rifles (Marlin 30-30 and Winchester .45).
kinnebian wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:08 pm the last derailing got derailed lets not derail other threads with gunposting
heres a conversation starter:
► Show Spoiler
The H&K 9mm USP is the standard service pistol of the Irish Defense force (and many others), and one of my favourite guns.

God the USP is such a cool fucking pistol. Has such a cool development history, though a bit sad it's more nuanced features (deservedly) were removed down the line.
sinfulbliss wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:54 pm The H&K makes some great pistols, I've shot the VP9 and P30, I think maybe the USP but can't remember. Very well-made firearms and I don't find them jamming much unlike the Barretta (which is supposed to be higher end).

A gun I own that I enjoy a lot, the S&W Model 642:
► Show Spoiler
For a concealed hammer revolver I still think it's quite a pretty gun, and the hammerless model is great for carrying (I don't yet though). It weighs almost nothing, hence its nickname as the "Airweight," but you can load some pretty hot .38 special +P rounds into it. It'll kick pretty hard but it's not that bad.
My bias against compacts continues, and I find it rather an eyesore. Can't really deny the functionality angle if you're CCing with it though.
wubli wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:03 pm
► Show Spoiler
PSG-1 my beloved...
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #687019

I remember when sinful called the detective special in-game a S&W revolver, what a nerd
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #687020

AwkwardStereo wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:19 pm My bias against compacts continues, and I find it rather an eyesore. Can't really deny the functionality angle if you're CCing with it though.
You can get a lot of mileage out of trying to better your aim with this thing. Fairly high amount of recoil and 2 inch barrel = good fucking luck. That’s part of the fun of it though.

If you think this version is ugly wait till you see what Smith had to do with it later, mandated Hilary Hole (as the gun nerds call it down south). Basically an internal lock-safety with a key. Uses its own gear system inside the gun which as you’d expect increases failure rate, completely ruins the purpose of revolvers.
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #687021

Like, leaving your gun out at home and having your 7 year old shoot their friend’s face off with it is a massive skill issue. There’s only so much production companies should be expected to do to compensate for the bottom 0.001% of gun owners.
Spoiler:
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #687023

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:37 pm Like, leaving your gun out at home and having your 7 year old shoot their friend’s face off with it is a massive skill issue. There’s only so much production companies should be expected to do to compensate for the bottom 0.001% of gun owners.
Ticking this off the bingo sheet.
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #687027

gun
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #687032

I remind myself daily that i need to work out more so that I can someday hipfire through an entire mag of a Barret M107 in rapid succession
outside of that, precision rifles >> everything else I wish the LRR was in stock but i've been advised by the worlds gayest polconite to look into getting a Tikka rifle instead
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin

Post by Rageguy505 » #687033

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:36 pm I remind myself daily that i need to work out more so that I can someday hipfire through an entire mag of a Barret M107 in rapid succession
outside of that, precision rifles >> everything else I wish the LRR was in stock but i've been advised by the worlds gayest polconite to look into getting a Tikka rifle instead
Since when this thompson center make centerfire rifles? i thought their whole thing was making cheap blackpowder rifles. I enjoy my new Englander
Chadley

Post by Chadley » #687034

Ahem. Hello, gun nuts.

As per Omega's advice, I need a firearm that can kill someone with persistently bad takes.

Please recommend something that will wipe him from the face of the earth.
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #687036

Chadley wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:40 pm Ahem. Hello, gun nuts.

As per Omega's advice, I need a firearm that can kill someone with persistently bad takes.

The Mark 21 Thermonuclear bomb, also known as the "Alarm Clock" bomb, was a strategic nuclear weapon developed and deployed by the United States during the Cold War era. It was designed to be air-dropped from strategic bombers, primarily the B-52 Stratofortress.

The Mark 21 bomb was a thermonuclear or hydrogen bomb, which means it utilized both fission and fusion reactions to release an immense amount of energy. It had a variable yield capability, meaning its explosive power could be adjusted according to the mission requirements. The bomb had a maximum estimated yield of around 4 megatons, equivalent to 4 million tons of TNT.

One notable feature of the Mark 21 was its compact size, allowing it to be carried and deployed by various aircraft. It had a length of approximately 11 feet (3.35 meters) and a diameter of about 2 feet (0.6 meters), weighing around 9,700 pounds (4,400 kilograms). The bomb employed a parachute system for its delivery, enabling precise targeting and reducing the stress on the bomber aircraft.

The Mark 21 was in service with the United States Air Force during the 1950s and 1960s as part of its nuclear deterrence strategy against the Soviet Union. It was intended to be used primarily for strategic bombing missions, potentially targeting enemy cities, military installations, or infrastructure.

Over time, the Mark 21 bomb became obsolete and was gradually phased out of service as newer and more advanced nuclear weapons systems were developed. Today, its historical significance lies in representing a milestone in the evolution of nuclear weapons technology during the Cold War.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #687041

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:36 pm [...]but i've been advised by the worlds gayest polconite to look into getting a Tikka rifle instead
Don't listen to those limp-wristed little femboys. What you need to do is walk into a gunshop, find the biggest guy there preferably in camo, and ask him which of the guns you should get.
Chadley wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:40 pm Ahem. Hello, gun nuts.

New to this are ya lass. We ain't sell guns for killin' here...
*rummages through the back before violently slamming down the 500 caliber Smith&Wesson 8-inch 5-shot revolver

But if you find yerself in a... "altercation" spits chewing tobacco into spit-cup... I reckon this oughta wipe out anything standin in front of ya. Or behind ya. Or 3 blocks down. heartily laughs, exposing his black tobacco-stained teeth
Spoiler:
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #687042

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:05 pm
Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:36 pm [...]but i've been advised by the worlds gayest polconite to look into getting a Tikka rifle instead
Don't listen to those limp-wristed little femboys. What you need to do is walk into a gunshop, find the biggest guy there preferably in camo, and ask him which of the guns you should get.
you know tikka sells rifles in .338 Lapua Magnum right

also so as to avoid doubleposting, re: oranges' comment, use the modern thermonuclear gravity bomb, the B61 mod 12 (GPS-guided, dial-a-yield from 50 to 450 kilotons)
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Mice World
Byond Username: Mice World

Post by Mice World » #687053

Reading this thread reminded me that I'll never have the possibility to legally own or shoot anything bigger than a pistol. Even getting a pistol would require me to join a shooting club and they're very strict and I can't be bothered!

If I could acquire a firearm I'd probably get a revolver like the one sinful posted.
It keeps getting worse!?
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #687059

urgently need a gun to prevent some ruffians from holding up the saloon. please send suggestions that will look good with my cowboy hat.
Weston Echard on Sybil
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #687073

Rageguy505 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:40 pm
Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:36 pm I remind myself daily that i need to work out more so that I can someday hipfire through an entire mag of a Barret M107 in rapid succession
Since when this thompson center make centerfire rifles? i thought their whole thing was making cheap blackpowder rifles. I enjoy my new Englander
The tc comtender and encore can technically be made into center-fire rifles, but there's all sorts of stupid laws you can ran afoul of if you don't buy one out of the box like that.
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #687074

Ruger-LCR-scaled.jpg
The Ruger LCR in my opinion is the best snub nose out there if you insist on a 38 capable revolver. Get the 357 one for added weight, change the grip out as needed, and change to an XS big dot front sight and you've got a revolver that will handle 38 special well and has a great trigger.
Although as I said previously I'd probably look into 9mm revolvers (there is an LCR for that) if I started over again. I hate mixing calibers. I'm at the point where I'd rather get 9mm carbines just to keep the ammo pool universal.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #687113

The P(S)90 is surprisingly comfortable despite looking like you hands would struggle to find purchase.
Spoiler:
blackdav123 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:24 am please send suggestions that will look good with my cowboy hat.
Smith &Wesson 629
Spoiler:
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #687115

zxaber wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:45 pm
Smith &Wesson 629
Spoiler:
thanks, I'll deal with those bandits asap.
Weston Echard on Sybil
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #687117

zxaber wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:45 pm The P(S)90 is surprisingly comfortable despite looking like you hands would struggle to find purchase.
Spoiler:
The p90 is genius for the simple fact that if you're left handed you don't get got brass hitting your face. It's one of my favourite guns and every time someone hates on it their WRONG just WROOONG
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #687122

zxaber wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:45 pm The P(S)90 is surprisingly comfortable despite looking like you hands would struggle to find purchase.
Spoiler:
blackdav123 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:24 am please send suggestions that will look good with my cowboy hat.
Smith &Wesson 629
Spoiler:
Expensive ammo aside in my opinion if you get one of those and don't spring for an SBR stamp you're doing it wrong.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #687124

Guns more like uhhh something
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #687152

I'm locking this. Guns are a blight on our community and should be taken away from everyone who lives in America.
Spoiler:
Nah, I'm fucking with you, gun control is racist as shit and the safety and protection of the working class should be paramount to anyone even remotely left-wing. My dream gun is an M1911 Colt with rosewood furniture but I'm not fucking made of money so that's not happening. I've thought about getting something like a snubnose revolver or even just a Glock, something relatively cheap and reliable for the sake of protection over anything else.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #687158

Vekter wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:11 pm I'm locking this. Guns are a blight on our community and should be taken away from everyone who lives in America.
Spoiler:
Nah, I'm fucking with you, gun control is racist as shit and the safety and protection of the working class should be paramount to anyone even remotely left-wing. My dream gun is an M1911 Colt with rosewood furniture but I'm not fucking made of money so that's not happening. I've thought about getting something like a snubnose revolver or even just a Glock, something relatively cheap and reliable for the sake of protection over anything else.
If you want to get into the minimal price point you could try for an EAA Windicator. Yes it supposedly has a 12 lb trigger pull and I have no idea how good it actually is, but the manufacturer lists the 38spl as $400. It's not made of zinc at least. Maybe.
https://eaacorp.com/product/weihrauch-windicator/
2InchWindicatorRightBlack-700x438.png
mindstormy
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Mindstormy

Post by mindstormy » #687162

I like my simple ole gen 4 glock 17. Fairly cheap and extremely reliable. It's not the kind of gun I'd try to conceal carry by any means but it's good for the home defense and range shooting.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #687165

Glock 17 is the gold standard of reliable semi-auto pistols. Pretty sure it was (or still is?) the standard issued firearm given to cops.

That S&W 629 was sexy as hell BTW.
Spoiler:
HeyHey
Byond Username: Heyhey69

Post by HeyHey » #687175

Hot take there should be a folding carbine that can fit in bag slots like the keltec sub2k
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #687181

HeyHey wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:53 pm Hot take there should be a folding carbine that can fit in bag slots like the keltec sub2k
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
mindstormy
In-Game Admin

Post by mindstormy » #687193

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:55 pm Glock 17 is the gold standard of reliable semi-auto pistols. Pretty sure it was (or still is?) the standard issued firearm given to cops.

That S&W 629 was sexy as hell BTW.
This was the exact reason I got it.

Looking to pick up a shotgun soon too since I recently moved to a much more rural location than I previously inhabited. I'm thinking about a Remington 870 another cop gun, but just haven't made the time to go get it.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #687197

HeyHey wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:53 pm Hot take there should be a folding carbine that can fit in bag slots like the keltec sub2k
By "bag slot" do you mean on the back? I can code that if someone can make the sprite.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

dirk_mcblade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #687209

Nothing beats the aesthetic of $150 hipoints. Still looks better than the syndicate revolver
916.jpg
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #687213

Vekter wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:11 pm I'm locking this. Guns are a blight on our community and should be taken away from everyone who lives in America.
Spoiler:
I was worried for a bit, cause your leftist reputation precedes you Vekter.

But you're right about the race angle. Even ignoring modern history, there's good reason that the old slogan of Colt in the 1800s used to be "God created all men, Sam Colt made them all equal." The Black Tradition of Arms was one of the few potential checks on the KKK and other racist groups in the South that time.

As for more modern times... both Left & Right should get behind #FREEGLOCKS4ALL (for different reasons). Or we could do it like what the pre-War Yugoslavia did: where you were required to carry your weapon at all times, and the King would drive around town to check that people had their pistol and would fine them if they didn't for shits and giggles.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
HeyHey
Byond Username: Heyhey69

Post by HeyHey » #687216

Vekter wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:51 am
By "bag slot" do you mean on the back? I can code that if someone can make the sprite.
I mean the backpack or pocket, similar to how the esword shrinks when you deactivate it.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #687217

Bawhoppennn wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:07 am
Spoiler:
Baw, please. I'm a leftist, not a fucking liberal.
Spoiler:

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #687226

Vekter wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:38 am
Bawhoppennn wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:07 am
Spoiler:
Baw, please. I'm a leftist, not a fucking liberal.
Leftist gun guys are sketchy as fuck cuz they're like "yes everyone should have a gun except you, please face the wall"
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #687232

Leftist. Gun. Guy.

Rightwing. Trans. Grandpa.

Centrist. North Korean. Dictator.

That’s how you sound, Vekter. That’s how you sound.
Spoiler:
conrad

Post by conrad » #687233

The fuck is people talking about now lmao

I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin

Post by Rageguy505 » #687236

I think semi wad cutters are the most interesting bullet ever and they should somehow be put in the game for the .38 or .357. Also let .38 fit in a .357 revolver.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #687239

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:20 am Leftist. Gun. Guy.

Economic policies are not inherently tied to opinions on firearm ownership. Gender identity is not inherently tied to any political belief.
mindstormy
In-Game Admin

Post by mindstormy » #687243

I'm confused whats the difference between a leftist and a liberal?
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #687244

This is the last political post I'm making in this thread, I'm here to talk about guns not turn this into a pissing match
mindstormy wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:39 pm I'm confused whats the difference between a leftist and a liberal?
Liberal is generally closer to center than a leftist is. Liberalism focuses on keeping the status quo while making smaller changes. It's seeing someone who's homeless and having them arrested instead of trying to find out why they are homeless and fix the problem. Wholly ineffective bullshit that tries to sound like it's doing something when it isn't.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:39 am Leftist gun guys are sketchy as fuck cuz they're like "yes everyone should have a gun except you, please face the wall"
I'm not authoritarian left, though. I don't truck with that bullshit. Everyone should be free to arm themselves.

Research the Socialist Rifle Association.
Spoiler:

Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #687245

mindstormy wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:39 pm I'm confused whats the difference between a leftist and a liberal?
The fundamental thing that classifies an ideology as "Liberal" is an encouragement of more government spending, because they want more government control or move gov funded programs.
The opposite of this is "Conservative" who wants less government spending, because they want less government control or lower taxes.

Similarly, and ideology can be labeled as "Progressive" if it advocates change, social or economic or whatever.
an Ideology can be labeled "Traditionalist" if it advocates for maintaining the status quo, or returning to a past state of things

These sets of labels are associated with a ton of other beliefs about the economy, and human rights, and gun control, or whatever, But at their core that's what they mean.

Left wing ideology tends to encompass liberal and progressive views
Right wing ideology tends to encompass conservative and traditional views

Ideologies can mix and match, you can be Progressive but conservative, and you can be liberal but traditional

The liberal-conservative axis can be redifined as an authoritarian-libertarian due to how government spending influces government power.

A communalist, for example, could be both VERY liberal in government spending, but very traditional in terms in restricting personal freedoms.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #687247

Vekter wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:46 pm This is the last political post I'm making in this thread, I'm here to talk about guns not turn this into a pissing match
Liberal is generally closer to center than a leftist is. Liberalism focuses on keeping the status quo while making smaller changes. It's seeing someone who's homeless and having them arrested instead of trying to find out why they are homeless and fix the problem. Wholly ineffective bullshit that tries to sound like it's doing something when it isn't.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:39 am Leftist gun guys are sketchy as fuck cuz they're like "yes everyone should have a gun except you, please face the wall"
I'm not authoritarian left, though. I don't truck with that bullshit. Everyone should be free to arm themselves.

Research the Socialist Rifle Association.
If you're not an authoritarian why are you an admin :mrgreen: just yanking your chain vekter just pulling your leg just pissing your pants all in good fun little bit of banter your a good egg
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #687249

I need some recommendations on a good shotgun for home defense, if anyone has one. I don't want to have to fiddle with aiming if it's like 4 AM and dark.
Spoiler:

Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #687251

Vekter wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:43 pm I need some recommendations on a good shotgun for home defense, if anyone has one. I don't want to have to fiddle with aiming if it's like 4 AM and dark.
I used the shotgun. You know why? Cause the shot gun doesn’t miss: and unlike the shitty hybrid taser it stops a criminal in their tracks in two hits. Bang: bang: and they’re fucking done. I use four shots just to make damn sure. Because: once again: I’m not there to coddle a buncha criminal scum sucking *******: I’m there to 1) Survive the fucking round. 2) Guard the armory. So you can absolutely get fucked. If I get unbanned: which I won’t: you can guarantee I will continue to use the shotgun to apprehend criminals. Because it’s quick: clean and effective as fuck. Why in the seven hells would I fuck around with the disabler shots: which take half a clip just to bring someone down: or with the tazer bolts which are slow as balls: impossible to aim and do about next to jack shit: fuck all. The shotgun is the superior law enforcement weapon. Because it stops crime. And it stops crime by reducing the number of criminals roaming the fucking halls.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
conrad

Post by conrad » #687253

Vekter wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:43 pm I need some recommendations on a good shotgun for home defense, if anyone has one. I don't want to have to fiddle with aiming if it's like 4 AM and dark.
Mossberg 500.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.