Huebone Progressive party Peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Huebone Progressive party Peanut

Post by oranges » #687049

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?p=685165#p685165

Holy shit dude armhulen put this guy to fucking bed

[armhulenn#9821] — 26/01/2021 10:50
You are progressive in the sense that you progressed into a ban

what a fucking absolute burn
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Huebone Progressive party Peanut

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #687465

MrStonedOne wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:05 pm
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:56 pm
MrStonedOne wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:50 pm
wubli wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:35 pm this reminds me of that guy who was really sweet and wholesome 100 on the forums but then on dms he told me he thought i was mentally ill for liking women "but not a bad person" AND that adopted children aren't real children AND that bisexuals were a threat to his future (biological) son because they may give him aids
there's so many colourful characters on tg
At college there was this guy in the student leadership who wasn't popular in the normal sense, but was well known and well networked and thought of as a generally wholesome guy.

One day he was working the front desk of the college computer repair/help ""shop"" I was the unofficial supervisor of (I was a college student so i couldn't be the real supervisor), and a transwomen i checked in the day before came to pick up her laptop. He tripped over himself for a second but turned his charisma face back on and checked her out without issue, didn't give her shit about her id not matching the file or anything! (I had left a note on the intake form just in case)

Once she left however he opened his mouth and I could never look at him the same way again.

Religion does things to a person. Terrible things.

Fucking brain worms.

It was slightly awkward too because the tech standing next to him was a transman but I was the only one there who knew so I had to hide my cringe.
You shouldn't be intolerant of peoples religious beliefs mr stoned one
Religion is a choice.

One that leads to people thinking they are right with god while raping aboriginal children they stole from their parents to "desavage them".

I used to be an atheist edgelord, and then i found out about residential schools. Now I want to seriously ban all religion. Nobody should be allowed to surrender their critical thinking to a higher power.
Being asshole is a choice, religion is something that is misused by assholes to justify it. Plenty of indigenous people were killed for irreligious reasons.

I have seen plenty of people surrender their critical thinking to things that weren't religion. I've seen people say genocide is justifiable because they can't get their dick wet. I've seen people say its ok to strip mine lithium and poison the rainforest because a scientist said if they don't the world will Literally Be Set Aflame. You can't make being a retard illegal. The nazis tried that and everyone got super mad about it.
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #687467

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:00 pm
MrStonedOne wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:49 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:40 pm There are bad religious people and there are good religious people. Some people use religion as an excuse to hate, some people use politics, some people use nationality, it really doesn't matter. Don't pick on religion just because some religious people are awful.

It's an incredibly rich, deep sphere of human history and belief and there are a loooot of people way smarter than us that have dedicated their lives to its study and development, so to dismiss it all based on your anecdotal experience of stupid people doing stupid things that happen to also be religious, is shortsighted and kind of obtuse frankly.
Don't care, Nobody should be allowed to surrender their critical thinking to a higher power.
That's the nature of any ideology, religion just instantiates that into a spiritual being
Sadly most are anti-weed, even those that like drugs prefer shrooms or ayahuasca or something, so there won't be changing of the minds of the stoned one this time around, sinful. It is a foolish endeavor, I say!
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #687468

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:07 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:00 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:40 pm There are bad religious people and there are good religious people. Some people use religion as an excuse to hate, some people use politics, some people use nationality, it really doesn't matter. Don't pick on religion just because some religious people are awful.

It's an incredibly rich, deep sphere of human history and belief and there are a loooot of people way smarter than us that have dedicated their lives to its study and development, so to dismiss it all based on your anecdotal experience of stupid people doing stupid things that happen to also be religious, is shortsighted and kind of obtuse frankly.
Don't care, Nobody should be allowed to surrender their critical thinking to a higher power.
That's the nature of any ideology, religion just instantiates that into a spiritual being
Sadly most are anti-weed, even those that like drugs prefer shrooms or ayahuasca or something, so there won't be changing of the minds of the stoned one this time around, sinful. It is a foolish endeavor, I say!
Church incense used to be weed smoke.

Psychedelics have always been an inroad into spiritual experience which goes hand in hand with religion :D
Spoiler:
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #687484

MrStonedOne wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:50 pm
wubli wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:35 pm this reminds me of that guy who was really sweet and wholesome 100 on the forums but then on dms he told me he thought i was mentally ill for liking women "but not a bad person" AND that adopted children aren't real children AND that bisexuals were a threat to his future (biological) son because they may give him aids
there's so many colourful characters on tg
Once she left however he opened his mouth and I could never look at him the same way again.

Religion does things to a person. Terrible things.

Fucking brain worms.

It was slightly awkward too because the tech standing next to him was a transman but I was the only one there who knew so I had to hide my cringe.
"they can always tell" btw lol
I can't imagine how shitty it must've been for the trans guy. testosterone works a lot faster in terms of body changes so trans men probably get this a lot

it's getting worse though because even religious people can simply not give a fuck. being loudly homophobic or transphobic is a choice, I'd dare to say without any sources that most people just don't give a fuck what others do, even if they don't understand it. because why would you?

they like to pretend that kids will get confused as if children weren't the most likely to be accepting. every story you hear of someone explaining to a kid why that other child has two moms is "Ok cool" and not "I'm so confused I'm gay now !!!"
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #687502

by allowing someone to tell me what i can and can't believe, am i not surrendering my critical thinking to a higher power anyway? being nonreligious has never stopped anyone from being racist/sexist/lgbtq-phobic. some people just use religion as a justification to hold bigoted beliefs.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #687503

ok and?

Resident schools wasn't just 1 person. there were countless staff who all stood by and did nothing because the man of god told them to.

Religion was created to control, created to brainwash, and it can not be allowed to exist.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #687516

MrStonedOne wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:41 pm ok and?

Resident schools wasn't just 1 person. there were countless staff who all stood by and did nothing because the man of god told them to.

Religion was created to control, created to brainwash, and it can not be allowed to exist.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uyghur_genocide
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #687517

MrStonedOne wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:36 pm
Boot wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:48 pm White lives matter.
Not really posting at the people I'm quoting but this line makes me so upset.

White is a spook people falling for it makes me so mad I stg.
It's only a classifier in that it groups people who used to be minorities but became a part of the larger group over time. It's as useful as calling people mutt, but based off skin color.
Stop letting 4chan ops, truisms and scientific/religious racism define your identity. It's maddening.
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
AsbestosSniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #687528

TheFinalPotato wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:45 pm

It's only a classifier in that it groups people who used to be minorities but became a part of the larger group over time. It's as useful as calling people mutt, but based off skin color.
Stop letting 4chan ops, truisms and scientific/religious racism define your identity. It's maddening.
So is black, what? You think Yorubas are the same as the Khoisan? It'd be a mouthful to say "Yoruba, Igbo, Kongo, Khoisan, Zulu, etc etc Lives Matter" and it's the same with "whites", it'd be a mouthful to say "Oh Irish, Italian, Spanish, English ,Welsh, etc etc lives matter" and so on, people have these broad categories because it makes things easier for the average person. That includes when it comes to hatred. A white nationalist ain't gonna check if you're a Tutsi or a Hutu before he discriminates you against being black and neither will the anti-white check if you're Italian or English before he does the same.
AsbestosSniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #687529

There are plenty of atrocities committed by those with more atheistic tendencies as well, unless you think men like Stalin were tried-and-true churchgoers who had chapels built in their Dacha.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #687552

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:10 am So is black, what? ..., people have these broad categories because it makes things easier for the average person. That includes when it comes to hatred. A white nationalist ain't gonna check if you're a Tutsi or a Hutu before he discriminates you against being black and neither will the anti-white check if you're Italian or English before he does the same.
U right, and?
The phrase strikes me as at best a defense from what I think is a nearly non-existent threat, or at worst is rhetoric from literally just nazis designed to create a false division in people's minds in order to advance their political goals. That and stoking weird ass headlines that make the phrase look like a truism, which it is taken with no context.
S a spook

(I have done some research and come to the horrifying conclusion that this is still a thing people post about like, in real life. I thought White Lives Matter died in 2016 after those poster planting ops or whatever. Depression)
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #687555

wubli wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:42 pm "they can always tell" btw lol
I can't imagine how shitty it must've been for the trans guy. testosterone works a lot faster in terms of body changes so trans men probably get this
a lot

it's getting worse though because even religious people can simply not give a fuck. being loudly homophobic or transphobic is a choice, I'd dare to say without any sources that most people just don't give a fuck what others do, even if they don't understand it. because why would you?

they like to pretend that kids will get confused as if children weren't the most likely to be accepting. every story you hear of someone explaining to a kid why that other child has two moms is "Ok cool" and not "I'm so confused I'm gay now !!!"
I’m so confused and gay now :? :cry:
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #687584

I dont think its bigoted to say you disagree with the idea the term "trans rights" is (1:1 synonymous with) "human rights", assuming thats what he was being contentious with and theres nothing damning outside of the context posted. If they were you wouldnt exactly need to make the distinction to begin with or frame it in such a way thats distinctly different from "trans people deserve human rights too".

Doubly so when the posted context looks like the individual he is talking to is trying to get an own on him.

The mentally ill remark from the screenshot would have made more sense to post i think.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
PengisBungholius
Byond Username: PengisBungholius

Post by PengisBungholius » #687587

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:24 am
wubli wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:42 pm they like to pretend that kids will get confused as if children weren't the most likely to be accepting. every story you hear of someone explaining to a kid why that other child has two moms is "Ok cool" and not "I'm so confused I'm gay now !!!"
I’m so confused and gay now :? :cry:
this is why sinful doesn't talk in vc...
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #687591

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:39 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uyghur_genocide
Reminds me I need to post my ban appeal from discord for denying the uyghur genocide
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #687593

Cobby wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:11 pm I dont think its bigoted to say you disagree with the idea the term "trans rights" is (1:1 synonymous with) "human rights", assuming thats what he was being contentious with and theres nothing damning outside of the context posted. If they were you wouldnt exactly need to make the distinction to begin with or frame it in such a way thats distinctly different from "trans people deserve human rights too".

Doubly so when the posted context looks like the individual he is talking to is trying to get an own on him.

The mentally ill remark from the screenshot would have made more sense to post i think.
i'm mentally dill

pickles, that is

IM PICKLE CRAG
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #687598

TheFinalPotato wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:01 am
The phrase strikes me as at best a defense from what I think is a nearly non-existent threat,

[...]

(I have done some research and come to the horrifying conclusion that this is still a thing people post about like, in real life. I thought White Lives Matter died in 2016 after those poster planting ops or whatever. Depression)
It's inappropriate specialization and you know it. Its like fixing a bug that applies to all atmos calls, but only when called on renforced tiles. You can do better and you fucking know it.

Why end police brutality against black people when you can end it against all people?
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #687608

MrStonedOne wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:19 pm Why end police brutality against black people when you can end it against all people?
the point of calling for an end of police brutality against black people is because black people are commonly the victims of said police brutality and mistreatment

you dont see anyone waving a sign around to end police brutality against white people because there isnt a common, repeated trope of police brutality and mistreatment against white people
respect (let him do his thing)
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #687613

Black people do have a higher proportion of police deaths, but the proportion of white people dying to police is still very high. Just because black people die at a higher rate doesn't make it a black only issue. It's an issue when anyone dies at all.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #687614

it just feels a bit disingenuous when you use a phrase that was explicitly created as a counter movement by right-leaning/conservative groups to try and muddle and lessen the impact of a movement designed to bring to light that police brutality tends to target minorities, particularly black communities. "black lives matter" isn't them saying their lives matter more, its them reminding people they matter just as much too. most people saying "white lives matter" aren't saying it because they feel like they're disproportionately targeted and harassed by their police force.

yeah police brutality sucks and the end-goal generally should be efforts to retrain and integrate the police force better with communities but seeing a movement about a group who gets disproportionately targeted and going "nuh uh we get it just as bad" is like, exactly what they want you to do so said reform doesn't happen.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #687616

And if you wanted to say that you want to end police brutality for everyone, why not just say End Police Brutality instead.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #687658

so about huebone though
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #687661

oranges wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:29 am so about huebone though
i dont think ive cared less about someone
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #687662

kinnebian wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:57 pm the point of calling for an end of police brutality against black people is because black people are commonly the victims of said police brutality and mistreatment

you dont see anyone waving a sign around to end police brutality against white people because there isnt a common, repeated trope of police brutality and mistreatment against white people
Did you even read the post you're replying to?
MrStonedOne wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:19 pm Its like fixing a bug that applies to all atmos calls, but only when called on [floor tiles, the most common type of tile and thus the place where the bug would take place the most.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
AsbestosSniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #687672

huebone is undead or something i dunno he no longer ded
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #687679

ekaterina wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:26 am
kinnebian wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:57 pm the point of calling for an end of police brutality against black people is because black people are commonly the victims of said police brutality and mistreatment

Did you even read the post you're replying to?
MrStonedOne wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:19 pm Its like fixing a bug that applies to all atmos calls, but only when called on [floor tiles, the most common type of tile and thus the place where the bug would take place the most.
was trying to say whatever but miracles said what i wanted to say anyways
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #687725

Trans rights are human rights.
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #687727

Oppression olympics are for brainworms.

I don't give a fuck about statistics on this matter. I run a discord server for a video game community, i'm already well used to ignoring peopling using statistics to justify being exclusionary towards races. ("Despite only making up 13% of the population, african americans make up 39% of non-aggressors shot by police" motherfuckers get out.)

Either one of two things are true:

Black Lives Matters is about police brutality against black people, at which point white people very much *SHOULD* also take to the streets shouting white live matters to end police brutality against white people, and there is nothing wrong with doing so.

OR!

Black Lives Matters is about police brutality against all people, at which point it is the same thing as saying "all lives matters", and and there is nothing wrong with doing so.

I have zero respect for societies that try to read discrimination or bigotry out of every attempt to advocate for the """"MajoRitIeS"""".
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #687734

kinnebian wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:57 pm
MrStonedOne wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:19 pm Why end police brutality against black people when you can end it against all people?
the point of calling for an end of police brutality against black people is because black people are commonly the victims of said police brutality and mistreatment

Nope, white people still make up a majority of people killed by police while not being an aggressor. its just that the number for black people is 3 times higher then it should be if it was proportional.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2016/8/1 ... isparities (first chart)

The problem is, I want all of the deaths on that chart to go away, not just 39% of them.
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #687736

And I haven't even gotten into the class side of all of this: https://www.peoplespolicyproject.org/pr ... -killings/

Being black makes you 3 times more likely to die by police brutality.

Being poor makes you 4 times more likely to die by police brutality.

The bottom 20% of white people by income have a higher likely of getting killed by police brutality then the top 40% of black people.
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #687737

Its almost like focusing only on the majority (of victims) is bad, and any solution has to be all encompassing and inclusive.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #687749

" The bottom 20% of white people by income have a higher likely of getting killed by police brutality then the top 40% of black people." is not the slam-dunk argument against the Black Lives Matter movement you think it is dude.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #687751

episode 500 million on politics containment being a blight.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #687753

WineAllWine wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:44 pm You're right, this was wildly unprofessional of me and I apologise
Coward.
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #687756

Apologising takes a lot more courage than doubling down, especially when it's to someone you don't like.
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #687760

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:37 pm " The bottom 20% of white people by income have a higher likely of getting killed by police brutality then the top 40% of black people." is not the slam-dunk argument against the Black Lives Matter movement you think it is dude.
Oppression olympics are for brainworms.
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #687761

I do not need a slam dunk argument against black lives matters.

All I need is for 1 other factor to be more likely then skin color to lead to death by cop.

Being poor is more likely to lead to you being killed cop than being black.

Yes, black people are more likely to be poor.

Yes, that is a problem that *also* has to be solved.

but the slogan should be poor lives matters then anything else if the argument is "they are more likely to experience it"
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #687762

MrStonedOne wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:17 pm Its almost like focusing only on the majority (of victims) is bad, and any solution has to be all encompassing and inclusive.
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #687763

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:37 pm " The bottom 20% of white people by income have a higher likely of getting killed by police brutality then the top 40% of black people." is not the slam-dunk argument against the Black Lives Matter movement you think it is dude.
But since you want a slam dunk argument against the black lives matters movement, i need only point to the time they marched on stage and stole the mic from somebody because they didn't like that person's skin color and gender and age.

I don't give a flying fuck what their excuse is, I will never show support towards people who show hostility towards my race and gender, "privilege" bullshit be damned.
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #687764

White lives matter.

""""""""""Privileged"""""""""" lives matter.

Male lives matter.

""""""""""majority"""""""""" lives matter.

Poor lives matter.

all-non-cop-non-bootlicker lives matter.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #687765

Cop lives matter.
Image Image
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #687766

MrStonedOne wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:33 pm
But since you want a slam dunk argument against the black lives matters movement, i need only point to the time they marched on stage and stole the mic from somebody because they didn't like that person's skin color and gender and age.

I don't give a flying fuck what their excuse is, I will never show support towards people who show hostility towards my race and gender, "privilege" bullshit be damned.
Those people are far from representing the whole movement your Stoney one.

In any group you’re gonna have your reactionaries and people who want to suppress other groups. It’s just the nature of humans, we’re tribal by default.

To counter your other point about “All lives matter”, the point of that phrase isn’t to support anti police violence. It was designed to “Take the wind out of the sails” of Black Lives Matter. Your all lives matter folks aren’t out marching in the street to cause change for the better, they are the status quo. They are the white moderate.

All lives do matter, but that’s not what that means. In response to BLM it means “All lives matter so stop complaining about it black people losing theirs”
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #687767

MrStonedOne wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:33 pm I will never show support towards people who show hostility towards my race and gender
Just summarizing your standpoint, would slightly revising this as

"I will never show support to anybody who shows hostility towards any race or gender?"

sum up your view shared in this thread so far?
Spoiler:

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #687772

Boot wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:51 pm Cop lives matter.
*licks u*
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #687773

Scriptis wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:57 pm
MrStonedOne wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:33 pm I will never show support towards people who show hostility towards my race and gender

"I will never show support to anybody who shows hostility towards any race or gender?"

No.

I don't understand why people can't grasp this.

I will always react more strongly and more negatively towards hostility or bigotry towards my race and gender then others.

I hate both, but i hate hostility towards characteristics I personally share significantly more.

I would expect an asian woman to care significantly more about hostility towards asian women compared to how much as they care about hostility towards white or black men or women. Why do people get surprised when I say I care about bigotry against my own race and gender than others.

Empathy means looking at how I feel when subjected to bigotry and deciding i want to end it for all people. Which is why I feel even more betrayed when I find out the equality movements i backed wants to find excuses to exclude me and my characteristics from protections against bigotry, if not actively perpetuate the bigotry against me and my characteristics directly.
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #687774

MrStonedOne wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:08 pm
Scriptis wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:57 pm ...

No.

I don't understand why people can't grasp this.

I will always react more strongly and more negatively towards hostile towards my race and gender then others.

I hate both, but i hate hostility towards characteristics I personally share significantly more.

I would expect an asian woman to care significantly more about hostility towards asian women compared to how much as they care about hostility towards white or black men or women. Why do people get surprised when I say I care about bigotry against my own race and gender than others.

Empathy means looking at how I feel when subjected to bigotry to and deciding i want to end it for all people. Which is why I feel even more betrayed when I find out the equality movements i backed wants to find excuses to exclude me and my characteristics from protections against bigotry, if not actively perpetuate the bigotry against me and my characteristics directly.
First: thank you for the in-depth response.

I asked because I don't typically engage with you (or the rest of the community here) on a political level, and anyone with a real stake in any of these processes have had their view formed by decades worth of politics; subsequently, you can't really sum up the nuance to anybody's real political views in five forum posts. I haven't sat down and talked with you about why you have the views you do, and it's frustrating--if not outright offensive--if I don't bother to ask first.
MrStonedOne wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:08 pm ... the equality movements i backed wants to find excuses to exclude me and my characteristics from protections against bigotry, if not actively perpetuate the bigotry against me and my characteristics directly.
I agree with this wholeheartedly, but I haven't had this happen to me personally. Are you comfortable on sharing what specifically happened to lead to this viewpoint? I don't want this happening to me.
Spoiler:

toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #687777

TheFinalPotato wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:45 pm

Different people are different actually
toemas

Post by toemas » #687779

ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense "maybe we shouldnt ban people because they refuse to bend the knee to insane, radical social views that nobody ever heard of a decade ago" and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #687781

MrStonedOne wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:33 pm

This isn't a slam dunk argument against the Black Lives Matter movement or slogan either and the fact that you think it is is confusing.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #687782

unrelated but your system of breaking up police authorities in to thousands of tiny little territorial bodies is so weird.

just have one police for the entire country, or if that's too much, have one per state with standardised training regimes.
toemas

Post by toemas » #687783

whats the point of a politics channel if expressing standard, average/normal """right-wing""" sentiments (that half of the world probably agrees with) is going to get you banned from the entire discord server? just rename it to "shitlib containment"