pirate gibbed for busting his balls trying to get booty

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

pirate gibbed for busting his balls trying to get booty

Post by sinfulbliss » #687559

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34131

whose nautical nonsense be something you wish — or maybe not!
Spoiler:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: pirate gibbed for busting his balls trying to get booty

Post by Kendrickorium » #687570

datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #687577

excellent title.
also i like your new pfp.
also also, imagine using cannons on a crowded shuttle and expecting not to get punished for breaking the boning rules. come on.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #687580

I am a firm believer of firing explosive cannons into the emergency shuttle. There isn't much that's more absolutely based than rolling pirates and doing some literal navy seal shit and some gang shit all in one go.

If real life had respawns motherfucker you bet I'd be living this life.
James566 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:36 pm then i went to the middle of the ship did a SpongeBob Capitan bit
i love you people so much
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #687594

Cheshify wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:00 am Pirates are restricted antags on MRP, their general objectives and playstyle revolve around stealing things.
as a MRP player I have NEVER SEEN THIS

pirates are just shittier nukies who rush with energy swords to kill people and try to raid the armory for better guns i have never ONCE seen them actually try to get Monies and Wealth
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #687609

Pirates not being able to murderbone is a bit of a bait because by nature they are very confrontational and are rewarded for alive individuals. If you kill a few to be able to capture a ton I think that would not be murderbone, as youre playing towards your objective with bystanders.

Now just flat out killing and not trying to yoink ANYONE would definitely raise eyebrows.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #687778

Cobby wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:01 am Pirates not being able to murderbone is a bit of a bait because by nature they are very confrontational and are rewarded for alive individuals. If you kill a few to be able to capture a ton I think that would not be murderbone, as youre playing towards your objective with bystanders.

Now just flat out killing and not trying to yoink ANYONE would definitely raise eyebrows.
you can sell the dead people's organs too by hacking them out with the sword. either way as long as they do this they're justified
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #687855

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:45 pm
Cheshify wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:00 am Pirates are restricted antags on MRP, their general objectives and playstyle revolve around stealing things.
as a MRP player I have NEVER SEEN THIS

pirates are just shittier nukies who rush with energy swords to kill people and try to raid the armory for better guns i have never ONCE seen them actually try to get Monies and Wealth
Same. I have seen pirates kidnap someone a grand total of once, and that was because the person tried boarding the ship, got nearly killed, then surrendered. Every other time I've seen pirates was them usually storming the brig, then sometimes try and get to the vault (which any competent QM will have locked or moved by then (so, never)). If the Evac shuttle is there, they always start by blowing that to shreds as well. I thought it was more of a "kill everyone and kidnap command staff in the unlikely scenario that they actually surrender" kind of antag. People don't typically surrender, even on MRP, because pirates have less than zero reasons actually to take prisoners.

I kind of want a version of pirates called, like, slavers, who just try to kidnap crew and ransom them back like that one progtot kidnap objective. Their kit would focus on non-lethal weapons. The issue I could see is that it would probably justify calling the shuttle if enough crew was kidnapped. Plus, it would probably suck to have mostly non-lethal when security would be rocking lethal weapons in that kind of scenario. Perhaps have it so it can only happen after the 30 minute mark?

Unless pirates are reworked, this seems like the equivalent of noting nukies for parking their shuttle right next to the evac one. (reason #5,428 as to why you shouldn't be right next to evac during nukies)
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #688033

Cobby wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:01 am Pirates not being able to murderbone is a bit of a bait because by nature they are very confrontational and are rewarded for alive individuals. If you kill a few to be able to capture a ton I think that would not be murderbone, as youre playing towards your objective with bystanders.

I remember rolling the Psyker pirates once, and keeping in mind the 'Pirates can't murderbone' thing, rounded a corner near the brig in Kilo Maintenance, directly into the Sec Team, who proceeded to just gun me down on the spot before I could say a word.

We had an entire bit planned and everything, and even though they revived us after and went with the bit, it really took the wind out of my sails. I could have killed them if I'd tried, probably, but it made me realize pirates aren't worth taking the prompt for, because you can't kill anyone without leading up to it, but they can kill you on sight.
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #688034

TypicalRig wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:24 pm

you can sell the dead people's organs too by hacking them out with the sword. either way as long as they do this they're justified
This is just like cruelty squad
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #688195

Pirates don't mess around
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #688315

Hey, can I just say, even though it wasn't really the crux of the thread;

'Code isn't policy' is dubious territory. If something is contradictory to policy, its place in the code should be re-evaluated, or the policy should be re-evaluated.

Does the ability for pirates to hijack contradict their policy? I don't know. Pirate goals are very broad and very general, and they have a lot of ways to accomplish their goals. They're even kind of encouraged to loot and plunder whatever they can, taking whoever they can back to their ship. So it's weird to see that they're not granted carte blanche in how they act. Anyone can be ransomed. Their organs can be sold. They all have money on them if they have an ID or an account.

I think this highlights a problem that might need to be addressed about pirate policy.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #688326

I think its more of a semantics issue where people see pirates cant murderbone and go "well they just cant kill anyone" vs. "they cant just pick people off for no reason not doing their objectives".

someone really ought to just change it to "kill policy" or something.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #688327

I think it is thematic for pirates to be very aggressive in their plundering.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #688329

They should, and killing in pursuit of your objectives is not against the rules :-)
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #688868

Silverscale pirates literally get an aura that highlights them and literally tells everyone "I`m valid"

And their equipment isnt the best either so they definitely should be allowed to strike first in every scenario, especially if they see someone with a speech bubble pop up as they try to call out on radio "PIRATES"

Meanwhile....what is the purpose of having the cannon balls on the other pirate`s ship if they arnt allowed to use them, might as well just have c4 for "safely" breaking into places without causing too much collateral.

The whole trope of pirates is they are blood thirsty bandits who want loot, infamy, and just about whatever they feel like doing at the time. In deep space on the literal frontier, there is no governing body, you have 3 dimensions to run from the consequences of your actions. They would probably be more blood thirsty than the ones in the ocean.

it would be immersion breaking and downright NRP if they were try to avoid causing collateral damage/kills in fear of getting in trouble. Can they have a moral that might stop them? Possibly but very unlikely to the point where enforcing hugbox on all of them would raise every eyebrow in the room.

TLDR: Most pirates have either a mechanical or thematic reason to be aggressive and rack up kills and the equipment that pirates have access to are not nearly as absurd as abductors or round start antags.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch