my os shat itself and i lost my mapping project because i never saved it to github

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

my os shat itself and i lost my mapping project because i never saved it to github

Post by massa » #687568

):
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: my os shat itself and i lost my mapping project because i never saved it to github

Post by Kendrickorium » #687569

...you dont have 4 other hard drives that you save backups of important files on?
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Re: my os shat itself and i lost my mapping project because i never saved it to github

Post by Fren256 » #687571

Can you try running cmd through troubleshooting or is it fucked too?
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
massa

Post by massa » #687575

no it's all fucked and i formatted over it and am using the hard drive

fortunately i have screenshots and autism
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #687576

10/10 title

my condolences
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
massa

Post by massa » #687578

also it's my fault and i'm retarded
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #687595

Code: Select all

git add -A
git commit -m "commit early, commit often!"
git push
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #687603

WineAllWine wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:16 pm

git add -A
git push
more like

git gud
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #687627

massa wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:18 pm):
What os do you use?
massa

Post by massa » #687660

chocolate_bickie wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:36 am
What os do you use?
windows 10
automatic update
particularly ugly and fucked up repair loop+some issues with my bios and booting off the right drive that wasted an entire day of my life
i actually dragged all my shit out of the drive and tried to save it
my github folder and files (among a few others) were like, just empty, because i probably did something retarded, on the new drive, but not much else was
then i formatted it, put a new OS on the ssd and am using it, because i thought i saved what mattered

so you can be sure it's fucked
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #687739

massa wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:01 am
chocolate_bickie wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:36 am
What os do you use?
windows 10
automatic update
particularly ugly and fucked up repair loop+some issues with my bios and booting off the right drive that wasted an entire day of my life
i actually dragged all my shit out of the drive and tried to save it
my github folder and files (among a few others) were like, just empty, because i probably did something retarded, on the new drive, but not much else was
then i formatted it, put a new OS on the ssd and am using it, because i thought i saved what mattered

so you can be sure it's fucked
Damn that's rough. Might be worth checking if the drive itself is working properly, espcially if it's losing files.
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #687769

https://www.backblaze.com/cloud-backup.html

$7/mo unlimited personal encrypted backup on windows, and they'll ship you a 6TB hard drive for $180 containing your backup and you can either return the drive for your money back or pocket a 6TB HDD
Spoiler:

WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #687776

ekaterina wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:35 pm
WineAllWine wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:16 pm

git add -A
git push
more like

git gud
I actually have

git gud
as an alias for

git status
massa

Post by massa » #687828

Scriptis wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:58 pm https://www.backblaze.com/cloud-backup.html

$7/mo unlimited personal encrypted backup on windows, and they'll ship you a 6TB hard drive for $180 containing your backup and you can either return the drive for your money back or pocket a 6TB HDD
I could have prevented this by not being the living breathing dunning krueger.

I am smart enough to identify problems and approximate a solution, employ it in a way only I can fuck up, and have to clean up the mess when I ask someone who has a clue to help.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #687925

Scriptis wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:58 pm https://www.backblaze.com/cloud-backup.html

Do those HDDs glow in the dark too?
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #687927

dirk_mcblade wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:38 pm

Do those HDDs glow in the dark too?
i dunno i'm on linux and they "don't let linux users have the unlimited backup at that pricepoint because they'd use too much space"

... and they're right
Spoiler: