Embrace Change

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Embrace Change

Post by Chadley » #688305

Hi. Hello. Hi.

This is the interim post between the high quality posts. I wanna encourage changes, changes are good.

How long have you been playing as your current character? I have 7x more hours on Diana Maladroit than I do on any of my other characters. SO!!

I SWITCHED IT UP!!

Have YOU played with Charley Quinn..?

(artist recreation)

Interdyne Doctor captured by Nanotrasen leads to some interesting RP. I know it's just my name. But, nevertheless. I like having a new character. It's very fun. New character new me.

*snaps

Looking good Quinn.

Thanks Quinn.

It's 1:40... I just got Candied. I'm so tired.

Uh.... Make a new character and I'll high quality post you, idk? Maybe if you're iconic enough I'll high quality you anyway.

What am I doing again..?
► Show Spoiler
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Re: Embrace Change

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #688306

Shut up
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #688307

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:41 am Shut up
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #688308

On a serious note I always played as one character as a test run until I integrated with Space Station and TG then started branching out with a couple new characters and thusly new departments

Early attempts at this were unsuccessful as realistically most characters acted exactly the same until I started forcing myself to act differently while playing another character

the most practical application of playing under a different name for me was being able to blend in and not instantly be syndi-bombed by adrian moffler, sunshine day, or brick mortar 2 minutes into the shift.
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #688309

AwkwardStereo wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:57 am On a serious note I always played as one character as a test run until I integrated with Space Station and TG then started branching out with a couple new characters and thusly new departments

Early attempts at this were unsuccessful as realistically most characters acted exactly the same until I started forcing myself to act differently while playing another character

the most practical application of playing under a different name for me was being able to blend in and not instantly be syndi-bombed by adrian moffler, sunshine day, or brick mortar 2 minutes into the shift.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #688310

The two personalities of Stereo. (sorry Indie-ana you're the split personality)
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #688314

I'd say I mix it up often enough.

Recently I've started playing an albino mute lizard named "Images-in-Duplicate", so I can do regular mime gimmicks while doing other jobs. Its pretty fun!
respect (let him do his thing)
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #688317

i thought of it, but its too much fun being able to flesh out Lisa Green as a character
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #688321

What da hell Chadley is Diana too??
Spoiler:
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #688322

i have been playing as a tall robot on skyrat for uhhhh
jeez I'm approaching the amount of time I've played as Ewe Kant or as Nutella at this point
fuck

tall robot good though
what do you mean "brain worms" i'm completely normal
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #688334

there will Never Ever be another John Howard
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #688335

Fuck off.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Re: Embrace Chang

Post by blackdav123 » #688340

I like saying hi to my space friends
Weston Echard on Sybil
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #688346

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:48 pm What da hell Chadley is Diana too??
Diana Maladroit
Faust Abadeer
Jayden Polson
Charley Quinn

I get around
► Show Spoiler
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #688347

TheLoLSwat wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:34 am i thought of it, but its too much fun being able to flesh out Lisa Green as a character
yeah sunshines developed a lot over the past few years
its a lot easier when you don't assume everyones out to kill you, or even care if they are
Epoc
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epoc

Post by Epoc » #688354

I play as Long Donovan, named in honor of a long past hero, poet, and king.
He was a contestant on a long-defunct mid-2010's Adult Swim variety streaming show called Fish Center Live, centered around the denizens of the office fish tank.
He was only one year old when this bitch of an earth took him from us.
Gone, but not forgotten. RIP.

c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Re: Embrace Chang

Post by c4g » #688355

blackdav123 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:30 pm I like saying hi to my space friends
this is the main reason i just stick with one character. half the fun of ss13 for me is forming ic friendships and doing stuff with them, i tried playing a new character for a little bit but it felt pretty lonely
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #688356

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:43 pm i have been playing as a tall robot on skyrat for uhhhh
jeez I'm approaching the amount of time I've played as Ewe Kant or as Nutella at this point
fuck

tall robot good though
Why don't you tell me more about these so called "tall robots"?

SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #688357

Are the tall robots in the room with us right now
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #688364

What you going to do if I dont wanna change?

Ban me?
Wolfmoy
Byond Username: Wolfmoy

Post by Wolfmoy » #688369

yes
yobihodazine2
Byond Username: Yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine2 » #688372

The only thing I hate is when every person they've ever made friends with comes to push me down when I try to arrest or search them
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #688374

i'm in too deep.
help
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #688375

oranges wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:46 pm
Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:43 pm i have been playing as a tall robot on skyrat for uhhhh
fuck

tall robot good though
why don't you come on down and play if you're so interested
just
don't be like sinfulbliss, alright
or do, i guess. it's pride month i'm not allowed to judge
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #688382

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:00 am
oranges wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:46 pm
fuck

tall robot good though
why don't you come on down and play if you're so interested
just
don't be like sinfulbliss, alright
or do, i guess. it's pride month i'm not allowed to judge
I assume it's the same reason I don't want to play on Skyrat: not wanting to fill out an 8-page form that requires you to divulge personal information
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #688403

I thought this was going to be a thread about how we shouldn't complain about PRs until we play with them enough, and I was going to fight that tooth and nail.

If I were to play more departments, I'd probably bother with having multiple characters. Since I mostly play cargo, I mostly just stick to one static. I've had a few one off rounds with characters, but it's almost entirely just eugine. I don't really tend to have friendships that carry in from other rounds like some people do. It's to the point that if someone tries bringing up something that happened last round I flat out pretend like I don't know what they're talking about. I feel like a dick but I also don't like bringing stuff from previous rounds.

It is nice for people to recognize you though. At least on manuel, people can be pretty cold if you're entirely new since they don't know if you're a shithead or not. I still remember a chef trying to lynch me when I was still new as a prisoner since I was behind the counter and another chef was showing me how to cook stuff. He basically had to scream "HE'S GOOD! I LET HIM IN! IT'S OKAY!" to stop the chef from deep frying my face.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #688488

I made a new character for security so that no one knows how much of an unrobust sec officer I am.

I also used to play as Buglas during moth week but I haven't done that joke in a while.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"