Monkeys and mind-magnification helmets

Mice World
Byond Username: Mice World

Monkeys and mind-magnification helmets

Post by Mice World » #659900

When making a monkey sentient with a mind-magnification helmet the monkey isn't bound to you or made your slave, so is it valid to kill said monkey if it doesn't follow your orders?

Killing a player that you brought into the round is fair enough, especially if they're not doing the one thing you wanted them to do. But currently the monkey has no obligation to help you, so it's a little iffy.

Additionally, if a fight does occur can the monkey follow normal escalation rules? Or should they act with caution as their lives are worth less?
It keeps getting worse!?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: Monkeys and mind-magnification helmets

Post by Timberpoes » #659943

Players have no basic grounds to remove players they have created from rounds freely. Once a player's controlling the thing, you need some greater IC reason to remove them from the round than just "I made them" else you're likely to fall foul of anti-shitter rules.

An IC obligation to obey you can be an IC reason to kill if they disobey you, but is also a really big OOC red flag and players not doing ghost roles in good faith is something the admin team can easily remedy with ghost role bans - so is probably best ahelped.

If there's no obligation to obey you, there's no special grounds you have for killing them if they disobey you. If you want role that must obey you, create one of those roles instead.

I think funni hat monke have extra freedom to escalate lethally and defend their sentience if it is in danger (equivalent to round removal to take hat off monke, no guarantee the same player will go back into the body when hat put on monke), otherwise they're just a standard non-human sentient role like any other and probably enjoy standard escalation or, at worst, "nonhuman" relaxed escalation if they have limited tools to escalate normally.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #659989

"I brought you into this world and I can take you out of it"
► Show Spoiler
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #668032

Conflicts between non-slaved created ghost roles like mind-magnified monkeys and their uplifters are entirely IC - Monkeys are under no obligation OOC to listen to or obey the one who uplifted them, but the uplifter can absolutely attempt to reclaim the investment they put in by contributing the hat in the first place.

Likewise, magnified monkeys have no inherent loyalty to their uplifter beyond that given to them in the round - if their uplifter starts trying to kill them or remove their sapience, they may freely escalate back in self defence (though they are not antagonists and should not be proactively attacking or fighting their uplifter or anyone else without clear reason).

Spook: As above
San: Abstain
Rave: As above
Elects: 2/3 as above