Conversion antag executions and rule 12

blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Conversion antag executions and rule 12

Post by blackdav123 » #661036

Currently it is very unclear whether or not killing conversion antagonists in situations where there is no danger present and deconversion is readily available is actionable.

While I do not think killing conversion antagonists should be against the rules entirely, in situations where it is completely safe and hardly an inconvenience I believe it should be a breach of rule 12.

I saw a scenario where this happened the other day and after asking an admin this question today I was met with an answer saying "Its a dick move, but policy isnt there yet on LRP".

Would this scenario fall under rule 12?
Weston Echard on Sybil
serxule
Byond Username: Serxule

Re: Conversion antag executions and rule 12

Post by serxule » #661046

it should absolutely be against the rules, while it may not break rule 12 directly (although it definitely falls under that because there's no other reason to kill detained converts), it breaks rule 1 very hard, because you're round removing someone essentially for 0 reason, along with the fact of people using conversion antag status as a way to threaten people (eg: threatening a detained conversion antag to expose their friends or be RR'd)
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #661047

Killing conversion antags in a controlled non-emergency situation and when you have the deconversion to hand is sabotaging your own team, regardless of where you feel it falls on the "Players can kill antags".

Exceptions being if you've got good reason to think someone will be a detriment to your team / they killed a bunch of people and you have a good reason to want them dead and such
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #661057

This is explicitly covered as allowed under rule 4, at least on LRP. Alteration to that rule would be required to make this actionable.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #661060

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:51 am This is explicitly covered as allowed under rule 4, at least on LRP. Alteration to that rule would be required to make this actionable.
this thread is about security executing people not the other way around
Weston Echard on Sybil
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #661064

blackdav123 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:59 am
Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:51 am This is explicitly covered as allowed under rule 4, at least on LRP. Alteration to that rule would be required to make this actionable.
I'm aware
Rule 4 wrote: Team antagonists can do whatever they want as per lone antagonists, as long as it doesn’t harm their team. Non-antagonists can do whatever they want to antagonists as per lone antagonists, but non-antagonists are not allowed to pre-emptively search for, hinder or otherwise seek conflict with antagonists without reasonable prior cause. Non-antags acting like an antag can be treated as an antag.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #661067

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:01 am
blackdav123 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:59 am
I'm aware
Rule 4 wrote: Team antagonists can do whatever they want as per lone antagonists, as long as it doesn’t harm their team. Non-antagonists can do whatever they want to antagonists as per lone antagonists, but non-antagonists are not allowed to pre-emptively search for, hinder or otherwise seek conflict with antagonists without reasonable prior cause. Non-antags acting like an antag can be treated as an antag.
fair, didnt think of that. I'll edit the thread
Weston Echard on Sybil