People that have broken in or attempted to break into the shuttle cockpit should be valid for immediate execution.

Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

People that have broken in or attempted to break into the shuttle cockpit should be valid for immediate execution.

Post by Turbonerd » #664773

People that have broken into the shuttle cockpit or attempting to break into it should be valid to get executed on the spot. There isn't really a good reason to break into the cockpit (aside from NRP "I want to be in special place!"), only really terrible reasons such as hijacking. It's quite an obvious and major threat if someone tries to break in the cockpit, so it should be treated that way. The cockpit getting flooded and tided EVERY single round is getting repetitive and tiresome.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Re: People that have broken in or attempted to break into the shuttle cockpit should be valid for immediate execution.

Post by vect0r » #664790

“It’s NRP shit to break into cockpit, so why don’t we just EXECUTE THEM ON THE SPOT?”
Please no

Also, if am not mistaken, just you can arrest them for BaE and send me to the shuttle brig, no need to lop there head off.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: People that have broken in or attempted to break into the shuttle cockpit should be valid for immediate execution.

Post by Shadowflame909 » #664798

Makes sense OOC but its soulful. Just use those tackle gloves and throw them in the brig!
► Show Spoiler
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #664814

I will say that when I see people trying to break into the cockpit it usually devolves (evolves?) into multiple people attempting to do so.

Sometimes you see people blast people with lasers that try to come through the doors and one or two people get tossed out, but when someone starts removing the walls and there are suddenly 15+ people in the cockpit what are you gonna do?

Counterpoint: Raven shuttle.
Hugs
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #664816

Tbh I sort of like this idea. I think it should be stressed though that breaking in makes you valid, not merely trespass.
[this space reserved]
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #664825

the heads of staff fending off 11 million greytiders who want to be in the cockpit instead of the loser zone is funny
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #664834

Should for be grounds for beating the shit out of them. I'd stick execution to a case by case basis.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #664835

Yeah, I am 100% for beating the shit out of them, but executing seems like it would be hard to admin; like if somebody just walked in when the doors have been deconed, can I execute? What about if they go in to stop a hijacking head? Could the other heads kill whoever just broke in to stop them?
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #664841

If you dont want to get killed you can just not walk into the command center. The line can be drawn at the airlock tile and the walls surrounding command. Do not go on or past these tiles and you will never die from this.

They should try to brig but if youre being rowdy with others and it gets to riot-levels then they should be able to kill you, they do not have the luxury of trying to conduct diplomacy with you within the next 3 minutes. It is not a right for you to go in there, and if you die we know you are going to be back in in a few minutes.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #664843

vect0r wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:49 pm Yeah, I am 100% for beating the shit out of them, but executing seems like it would be hard to admin; like if somebody just walked in when the doors have been deconed, can I execute? What about if they go in to stop a hijacking head? Could the other heads kill whoever just broke in to stop them?
As long as it makes sense RP wise, heads should be able to execute people breaking into the shuttle cockpit for the safety of themselves, crew, and the shuttle. If heads ignore someone hijacking, yet execute people breaking in simply because valid, then that doesn't really make sense so it wouldn't be valid in that case.

As for trespassing, that's less aggressive than breaking in. Heads can throw trespassers out with force, and would be valid for execution if they ignore orders to get out. Could be instant execution if it turns into a riot.
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #664844

Ok yeah, I am for that. I just thought from the title it was just "anyone walks into cockpit for any rasin: EXECUTE", but I would not be against giving the cockpit the same protections as the brig: if they break in, throw em out, if they try again, throw em out of the shuttle, and if we have a riot, KOS
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #664848

IDEA: what if shuttles had a trap door right outside the airlock so you could plunge shitters people into the warm and loving embrace of hyperspace?
[this space reserved]
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #664850

wesoda25 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:10 pm IDEA: what if shuttles had a trap door right outside the airlock so you could plunge shitters people into the warm and loving embrace of hyperspace?
Doesn't work anymore with dramatic hyperspace you can move around outside the shuttle
rasonj
Byond Username: Rasonj

Post by rasonj » #664861

vect0r wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:22 pm
► Show Spoiler
That's mostly how I see people treat it already, assuming enough command/sec make it to the shuttle to control cockpit. One tider gets the batong, multiple tiders get the shotgun. I am not aware of anyone getting bwoinked for using lethals to protect it from a swarm
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #664866

Yeah, same here
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #664911

I thought this was always the case. Cockpit and shuttlebrig are just miniatures of bridge and brig, so breaking into them or trespassing there should hold the same penalties as on station...
Spoiler:
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #664949

I think it would be fair to laser people who break in but not chase them down to kill them if they leave. People who tailgate though an over door should just be arrested and tossed in the brig or smacked a few times though.
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #664952

It makes sense when you think of how we already handle people being on the bridge of the station, cockpit is pretty similar.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #664954

If you break into the shuttle's bridge/cockpit command should probably be free to reduce you to ashes unless there's a very good reason for you wanting to be there and not in the area you are supposed to be
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #664955

I can only imagine this going well when the main shuttle area is spaced.

Somebody better not ban anyone for murdering defending heads/sec if they're stopping you getting to safety. Let the violence flow.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #664958

NecromancerAnne wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:38 am I can only imagine this going well when the main shuttle area is spaced.

Somebody better not ban anyone for murdering defending heads/sec if they're stopping you getting to safety. Let the violence flow.
Making the feels-good face and mashing "IC Issue" on every ahelp as Command fights to keep air in the cockpit and crew fight to get to the only part of the shuttle that isn't vented
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #664959

Pandarsenic wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:45 am Making the feels-good face and mashing "IC Issue" on every ahelp as Command fights to keep air in the cockpit and crew fight to get to the only part of the shuttle that isn't vented
Based
► Show Spoiler
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #664960

You KNOW someone is getting banned for this.
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #664961

Pandarsenic wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:45 am
NecromancerAnne wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:38 am I can only imagine this going well when the main shuttle area is spaced.

Making the feels-good face and mashing "IC Issue" on every ahelp as Command fights to keep air in the cockpit and crew fight to get to the only part of the shuttle that isn't vented
I have changed my mind, I want this! Quite honestly really awesome as it is a time for dramatic fight where people could die, but it is near the end of the shift, where if somebody dies it is only like 2 minutes till they get back.
Thank you panda.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #665117

On the shuttle, people tend to just turn into a frothing wave of dumbasses, even on MRP you see people crawling under each other being shits. I think trying to force your way into the shuttle bridge 'FNR' should be an equivalent to forcing your way into the station bridge 'FNR', since you can very literally hijack the shuttle in there. Act like an antag get treated like an antag y'know?
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #665139

If its one person, just throw them out. If its a crowd of people you're likely gonna get in trouble if you start aimlessly blasting them. At the end of the day the shuttle bridge isn't special aside from the console, and if someone is really gonna try hijacking in front of a crowd of people its their funeral
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #665149

If its 1 person, throw them out into brig.

If it's a crowd of people, its a riot and you can legally start blasting them.

The shuttle bridge IS special, else you the person who doesnt have access would have access. If anything its a soft breaking of the "stay in your lane" rule that is allowed for minor ic conflict.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #665179

Cobby wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:51 pm If its 1 person, throw them out into brig.

The shuttle bridge IS special, else you the person who doesnt have access would have access. If anything its a soft breaking of the "stay in your lane" rule that is allowed for minor ic conflict.
Eh, calling it a breaking of "stay in your lane" seems like twisting the arm of that rule tbh, since there's nothing of consequence in the cockpit except for the launch console. Its like, lowgrade greytiding (until 10 people are doing it and the robotocist is smashing at the walls with a RIPLEY in which case it's rioting and sec should probbably start opening the box marked "consequence-free lethals")
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #665194

vect0r wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:37 am
Pandarsenic wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:45 am

I have changed my mind, I want this! Quite honestly really awesome as it is a time for dramatic fight where people could die, but it is near the end of the shift, where if somebody dies it is only like 2 minutes till they get back.
Thank you panda.
Agreed. Players are starved for these exact kind of situations (that’s why lots of them RDM instead :( ). +5 admin rep.
Spoiler:
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #665202

I think one of the things that people forgot about MRP is it is Medium Role Play, not hugbox role play. If I was a captain when people were trying to break into the cockpit while the rest of the shuttle is being vented into space, I would fucking stop them from entering! Maybe the bomber reaches the cockpit! Maybe we will lose air as well! I'm the CAPTAIN, CC wants to hear what I have to say, not Axle Brady the useless assistant!

I know this isn't about MRP but I wanted to throw in my two cents.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #665207

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:01 pm
Cobby wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:51 pm If its 1 person, throw them out into brig.

Eh, calling it a breaking of "stay in your lane" seems like twisting the arm of that rule tbh, since there's nothing of consequence in the cockpit except for the launch console. Its like, lowgrade greytiding (until 10 people are doing it and the robotocist is smashing at the walls with a RIPLEY in which case it's rioting and sec should probbably start opening the box marked "consequence-free lethals")
regardless of what rule youd want it to fall under, it would be actionable by an admin if done repeatedly or within context of other notes. Now in MRP there is also rule 3, which would be interesting to see how admins view retaliation against people rioting for a not very good reason (to get into a place with no mechanical or roleplay reason to be in).
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #665320

i always just fucking blasted them the game is better when you instakill shitters that trespass for memes it's the only language they speak

beat them to death as a warning
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #665404

Cobby wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:06 pm
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:01 pm

regardless of what rule youd want it to fall under, it would be actionable by an admin if done repeatedly or within context of other notes. Now in MRP there is also rule 3, which would be interesting to see how admins view retaliation against people rioting for a not very good reason (to get into a place with no mechanical or roleplay reason to be in).
Rule 3 on MRP is definitely the one i'd cite for "spacemen succumbing to the primal urge to harass the shuttle cockpit by breaking in for fun and getting shot in the face for it yeah"
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #668270

The shuttle cockpit on most emergency shuttles is a command-restricted area, and trespassers can be summarily ejected, arrested or assaulted as under the same stipulations as any other restricted area - executing rioters forcing their way in destructively or trespassers who fight back on trying to be ejected is fine, killing late arrivals to the shuttle if an onboard telebeacon happens to be in the cockpit without even asking them to leave first is not. The cockpit isn't special, use nuance as one would with any other restricted area.

Spook: Agree with above
Rave: Agree with above
San: Abstain
Misdoubtful: Agree with above