Are temporary gulag sentences IC?

CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Are temporary gulag sentences IC?

Post by CPTANT » #667209

So the Security policy says this:
3. For arrested players, timed sentences up to a total of 10 minutes, buckle-cuffing, and stripping, are considered IC issues and are not actionable by admins.

Brig sentences totaling more than 10 minutes can be adminhelped, as can be gulag or perma sentences or a pattern of illegitimate punishment. However, security should refrain from confiscating items not related to any crimes, especially important department-specific items like hard suits. Obvious exceptions to this are things like radio headsets, if players use it to harass security over the radio while being arrested.
I find this a bit vague for temporary gulag sentences with points. It is suggested on the wiki that 1 minute in the brig = 100 gulag points. I would find it weird if someone takes a suggestion from the wiki and suddenly opens themselves up for admin intervention when they choose gulag points instead of the brig timer. It would create a very weird scenario where 10 minutes brig is fine but 100 gulag points is potentially a rule break?

I would therefore like to ask how point 3 of the security policy applies to gulag point sentences.

Ps: If the gulag is broken that is a code issue, please report it on github instead of here.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: Are temporary gulag sentences IC?

Post by Pandarsenic » #667211

If you ahelp all but the most trivial AND unjustified gulag sentences, you will be laughed at

If security is gulaging you without a crime because they want the colorful rocks to make science toys, maybe there's a conversation, otherwise just get your goodies and you'll be out in like 5 minutes.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #667295

Pandarsenic wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:23 pm If you ahelp all but the most trivial AND unjustified gulag sentences, you will be laughed at

If security is gulaging you without a crime because they want the colorful rocks to make science toys, maybe there's a conversation, otherwise just get your goodies and you'll be out in like 5 minutes.
Only slightly related, but I've never actually gotten out of the gulag via points because I have no idea how ore redemption works. I kinda wish there was a "HEY MORON HERE'S HOW TO GET POINTS TO GET OUT OF HERE!" book or something.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #667304

Off Topic
► Show Spoiler
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #667569

Gulag sentences are a standard tool in security's arsenal for handling crimes of varying durations (being roughly equal to 100 points per minute +1), and outside of excessive or unfounded use the tool is entirely IC. Players can always ahelp the validity of a gulag punishment, but can expect that the majority of (valid) uses will be marked IC.

Spook: As above
Rave: As above
San: As above
Misdoubtful: As above